Improve "Simple" robot interface for players.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Improve "Simple" robot interface for players.

Post by Aeri » #546260

If you're a pAI installed into a robot like a Beepsky/sweepsky/medibot/etc, you don't have as much capacity as I believe you should.

You can't open doors like a borgo or AI (Borgs can open any door, so I don't see why a sentient medbot shouldn't be able to, especially when the freeroaming one can open any door IIRC) You can't add access either, or radio frequency keys.

It is my opinion that a sentient Medibot should have an interface not unlike a borg where it can health-scan people (A health scanner literally goes into your construction!) Your medibot tools, and a "Free hand" so you can... nuzzle, things?

Also you have no radio changing capabilities, can't use robot emotes like "*Beep", among other idiosyncrasies.

Even with these improvements, the Medical Cyborg is still better and has a lot more tools to work with. But like, I feel like you shouldn't have LESS functionality than you would as a pAI at the very least.
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: Improve "Simple" robot interface for players.

Post by Jack7D1 » #547496

And they responded by nerfing medibot PAIs
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #547569

responded to what? medibot's action queuing wasn't even an intended feature.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #548176

Simple bots only have all-access when called by the AI, otherwise they have... something. I dont remember.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #548276

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Simple bots only have all-access when called by the AI, otherwise they have... something. I dont remember.
All simplebots have robotics access.
Medibots also get medical doctor access levels, securitrons have detective, floorbots have engineer, cleanbots have janitor, etc.
And yes, bots (even ones controlled by pAIs) get all-access temporarily when summoned by an AI. They shouldn't have all-access at any other time due to the fact that, as they are bound to a Master, it'd be trivial for an antagonist or what have you to get all-access and waltz into whatever place they want.

I do agree bots should have tools that make sense for them to have but it would be a very annoying process to code since simplebots aren't silicon or carbon and don't have their assosciated hands/module tools.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #548744

simple mobs are "simple"

adding features to them defeats the point.

Human players were never supposed to end up in simple mobs.

If you want a mob a human can inhabit, we call those mobs.