Adding the ability to respawn as a Prisoner after dying

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Dankasaur
Byond Username: Dankasaur

Adding the ability to respawn as a Prisoner after dying

Post by Dankasaur » #549523

Title pretty much explains my idea. I don't think this actually requires much coding but what do I know.
Make it so that ghosts are able to use the spawners menu to respawn as a prisoner after being dead for X amount of minutes. I feel that 3 spawners could allow players to get back into the game without overwhelming the security force with a bunch of prisoners appearing out of thin air. Players should also get a random name and appearance just for continuity's sake. I believe that players who have suicided and ghosted should not be allowed to respawn as a prisoner.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Adding the ability to respawn as a Prisoner after dying

Post by Armhulen » #549531

This is super fun.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #549551

all ghost spawners that exist on station(or otherwise made on it) are always handicapped in some form, be it golems or posibrain borgs, they are never fully human. They are always bound by some sort of laws(unless it’s malf round) and can’t do whatever the fuck they want

giving people a humanoid(most likely going to be human) spawner is a terrible idea because there is nothing that will stop them from breaking out and treating this spawner as a second respawn because prisoners don’t answer to anyone and can do anything short of antag stuff

even if sec are completely obsessed with not letting prisoners escape, it’s not like there are station threats that will make them otherwise occupied, right?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #549582

Make the warden have to enable the spawner.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #549690

There used to be a shuttle at the brig that took characters to the prison station. You could have the warden order prisoners from an unseen prison facility using the labour camp shuttle in exchange for cargo points, which they then have to look after and take to Centcom. Makes more sense than a cryosleep pod in permabrig and it's a way of requiring the warden to opt in. Of course it'd be harder to implement than the spawners we already have.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #549941

nah its better as roundstart
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #549980

Really a question for admins if they'd enable this tbh mate, seems like a real policy headache
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #549993

oranges wrote:Really a question for admins if they'd enable this tbh mate, seems like a real policy headache
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #550000

It might be interesting to resolve this similar to Prison Architect; Sec can raise the amount of prisoners allowed, with an incentive to increase the amount, Maybe new tech can be unlocked if you have enough prisoners? More income? Or just create reasons why you'd want prisoners in brig in the first place, introducing things you'd want prisoners to do like the license press.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #550003

I like the idea that the captain can allow more prisoners, each prisoner rewarding cargo with x amount of money.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #550044

Giving the HoS or warden a console for this and allowing sec to take on more prisoners in exchange for income would be really cool.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #552516

BeeSting12 wrote:Giving the HoS or warden a console for this and allowing sec to take on more prisoners in exchange for income would be really cool.
this seems like a good idea

i remember when lavaland was new there was a prisoner spawner that got abused a fucker people used to murder a lot, used to spawn with pistols and swat helms though obviously that wont be the case but its probs better not to let history repeat itself

maybe would be a good idea idk most prisoners just seem to break windows and grey tide/ try to escape anyway
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #552545

I’ve changed my mind you should 100% add this so I could role play as Bane and free all 40 prisoners after all of security gets baited to hunt antag in maint the roleplay opportunities here are immense
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.