New Antagonist/Rework: Syndicate Comms Agent

A place to record your ideas for the game.
mastergodown
Byond Username: Mastergodown

New Antagonist/Rework: Syndicate Comms Agent

Post by mastergodown » #551738

Simply, makes the syndicate cooms agent more interesting.

First of all, remove the Syndicate Comms Agent (and maybe its bio agent) from ghost roles, and instead, make it an antagonist that has chance to be rolled alike the others. The syndicate comms agent ghost role, while fun to play time to time, has no real value in doing so. All you can do is mimick PDA messages and talk on comms. Apart from the power of manipulation, you are useless.
So, make the comms agent still on lavaland (more info on that later) and have some way of triggering a bridge or other land structure leading to the base. While the comms agent is not allowed to leave, anyone who triggers this can enter and get loot/kill the comms agent.
However, the comms agent get many more abilities.
The comms agent keeps his hold abilities of manipulation, but add on to that. They have the ability to use a point system (Either requires completing objectives likes predicting through abilities when antagonists are actually happening to gain trust of the crew - which is what I recommend, or they could be passively generated, which I don't recommend due to powerful abilities can just be afk'd until gotten. Perhaps this could use the malf AI system where you have to overload APCs.) which they can use to use abilities like, say, for 40 points gain the ability to pulse wires of station electronics and know what wires do what, and be able to fake announcements from central command, or being able to Emag electronics, ect.
Once the comms agent gains 100/200/300 points, they will be able to use a one time very powerful ability, which would be rolled between say Calling in a small nukeops team, or activating the nuke inwhich could only be defused if the station removes a percent of their power, or maybe spawn a powersink and activate it, ECT, ECT. I can see potential for this.
HOWEVER, the more abilities/points they gain, the more they show off their location to the station. Once said powerful ability is used, the cordinates of the base is revealed to the crew and the bridge/other entry way to enter will be permanently opened/opened for 20 minutes.
Thats all my ideas, though.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: New Antagonist/Rework: Syndicate Comms Agent

Post by Nabski » #551754

The bio agent exists so that you can make terrible viruses and grenades and have somewhere to test them that isn't the station so you don't have to wait for antag to do the good shit.
mastergodown
Byond Username: Mastergodown

Re: New Antagonist/Rework: Syndicate Comms Agent

Post by mastergodown » #551780

Nabski wrote:The bio agent exists so that you can make terrible viruses and grenades and have somewhere to test them that isn't the station so you don't have to wait for antag to do the good shit.
Ok I get it let the bio agent be there but in a different sealed of area/different base, maybe the original base.