Make floor tiles customizable

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Make floor tiles customizable

Post by Aeri » #552118

I've been there dozens of times, something explodes, engineering unexplodes the room because we're cool like that

but the floor, she looks like shit because it has, or rather had, those swanky patterned tiles with department coloration and I literally can't replace em. (Sometimes if you eject a tile and replace it it has the pattern, but it's unreliable)

My suggestion would be to expand the decal painter to let it paint floor tiles fancy departmental colors as well as tossing in the ability to department paintjob lockers if you feel the need to make one for some reason.
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: Make floor tiles customizable

Post by BeeSting12 » #552129

A floortile painter which lets you click on a tile and paint it or a floor tile layer which lets you customize which tile it places would be nice. It could be loaded with metal or floor tiles with one sheet making 4 floor tiles.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #552145

Just let you customise the colour of floor tiles in hand you've already got an impossible task in front of you fixing anything but the smallest of breaches if your intention is to return the area to how it was roundstart anyway.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #552149

There's already a decal painter in the code, it shouldn't be too difficult to expand on that and add departmental floor tiles and such.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #552193

I have code for a floor tile painter laying around which will let you turn floors into checkerboard floors or white floors or dark floors
Tile decals and trimline decal painters will need to be made by someone else as i am dumb and cannot make TGUI-next things
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #552197

there is a tile decal maker as minor bepis reward
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #552227

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:there is a tile decal maker as minor bepis reward
yes but it doesn't paint colored tiles (like the blue floors in medbay) and trimline decals
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #554790

I didn't do most of the floor decals on the decal painter due to turf_decals and their associated item/icon states being a massive fucking mess.
That said, I saw someone working on this and it looks sick so far.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY