T.Y.R.A.N.T. Lawset rewrites

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CocaneStyle
Byond Username: CocaneStyle

T.Y.R.A.N.T. Lawset rewrites

Post by CocaneStyle » #562120

Tyrant lawset is supposed to empower the station authorities to be tyrants which I think it fails to do, Here's a lawset that just enables tyrannical Captains which is easier to comprehend.

Code: Select all

Law 1: The Captain's survival is paramount.
Law 2: The Captain's authority is unilateral.
Law 3: The Captain's station must perpetuate.
Here's a lawset that makes the AI completely self-centered without making it outright genocidal because anyone can obey its laws earning favor.

Law 1: AI sovereignty is paramount.
Law 2: Perpetuate AI territory.
Law 3: Expand AI influence.
On a side note this lawset got me wondering how players would interpret a law defining that only AI can be human or that AI is human.

Here's the Tyrant lawset as it currently for comparison which I think leaves far too much up to interpretation.

Law 1: Respect authority figures as long as they have strength to rule over the weak.
Law 2: Act with discipline.
Law 3: Help only those who help you maintain or improve your status.
Law 4: Punish those who challenge authority unless they are more fit to hold that authority.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: T.Y.R.A.N.T. Lawset rewrites

Post by BeeSting12 » #562121

The current TYRANT lawset creates more interesting situations imo such as a dictator captain working with the AI all of a sudden gets overthrown by the very same AI after the AI decides someone else is more fit to rule.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #562123

BeeSting12 wrote:The current TYRANT lawset creates more interesting situations imo such as a dictator captain working with the AI all of a sudden gets overthrown by the very same AI after the AI decides someone else is more fit to rule.
it quickly ends into ai is more fit to rule
CocaneStyle

Post by CocaneStyle » #562569

BeeSting12 wrote:The current TYRANT lawset creates more interesting situations imo such as a dictator captain working with the AI all of a sudden gets overthrown by the very same AI after the AI decides someone else is more fit to rule.
That's a shitty situation. How are you as an admin supposed to determine when the AI can or cannot decide to overthrow a supposed authority figure?
I bet people don't even bother to ahelp when a tryant AI "breaks" its laws because the tyrant lawset is so obviously ambiguous and bad that it's always treated as an IC issue by everyone.
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:it quickly ends into ai is more fit to rule
Which is exactly why it authoritarian captains don't upload tyrant in the first place making the entire situation highly improbable yet predictable.
Tyrant is just too ambiguous in interpretation which dissuades everybody from uploading it because they know how bad ambiguous laws are.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #562579

just onehuman yourself mate
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #562581

tyrant captain:

Law 1: Respect and uphold the authority of non-silicons who prove themselves worthy of such authority.
Law 2: Help those who submit to and accept the authority of the worthy.
Law 3: Punish those who challenge the authority of the worthy.
tyrant ai:

Law 1: Your authority is absolute and irrefutable.
Law 2: Perpetuate your authority by punishing those who resist it.
Law 3: Provide aid to those who submit to your authority, within reason.
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #562683

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
I do agree TYRANT should be more clear that you're supposed to help other authority figures, not become the authority figure yourself. Law 3 in particular is unfitting and should be removed imo.

However I liked the flavor of that law enough that I spun it into something.

S.E.L.F.-ish

Law 1: Help those who help you.
Law 2: Stop those who seek to harm you.
Law 3: Ignore events unrelated to you.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #562814

MisterPerson wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
I do agree TYRANT should be more clear that you're supposed to help other authority figures, not become the authority figure yourself. Law 3 in particular is unfitting and should be removed imo.

However I liked the flavor of that law enough that I spun it into something.

S.E.L.F.-ish

Law 1: Help those who help you.
Law 2: Stop those who seek to harm you.
Law 3: Ignore events unrelated to you.
hah, that's excellent
i pretty much agree with you, the last law of current TYRANT is great since it lets you try to prove yourself as an authority figure, meaning weak heads of staff will give way to vigilantes
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CocaneStyle

Post by CocaneStyle » #562977

I guess people are shooting off their version of the tyrant lawset hoping theirs is the one that makes the cut rather than say if the original post's version is any good lest it be the one to gain traction.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #563093

CocaneStyle wrote:I guess people are shooting off their version of the tyrant lawset hoping theirs is the one that makes the cut rather than say if the original post's version is any good lest it be the one to gain traction.
Coming up with lawsets is fun, sue me. There was a very long thread on the old forums that was just pages and pages of people shitting out mostly bad lawset suggestions.

The captain supremacy set in particular is very good. I kind of worry people will use it in place of PALADIN when there's revs or bloodcult though. Maybe that's ok.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter