make the tend wounds upgrades not require an operating computer

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

make the tend wounds upgrades not require an operating computer

Post by ATHATH » #567098

or, like, add an item to the medbay vendors that acts like a handheld operating computer, but only for the tend wounds surgeries

unupgraded tend wounds is agonizingly slow, and it's even worse if you're trying to do ghetto surgery. you're already usually bringing people back to medbay for the better surgery success/speed rates (on stasis beds/operating tables) anyway; why are we punishing field triage further?

like, why do we give paramedics tend wounds tools in their expanded medkits if we don't expect them to actually do the tend wounds surgery away from medbay (which usually has its own stocks of surgical tools that are kept next to the stasis beds (or rarely are left by the operating tables))?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: make the tend wounds upgrades not require an operating computer

Post by Cobby » #567638

TW is a last stand healing method, it is meant to be worse than chemical healing because it was designed to be a method for when chemistry wasn’t supplying (no longer an issue really except in maps who don’t have factories so they don’t give mds access)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Post by Ivuchnu » #567640

Still it's main method for dealing with cadavers people bring into medbay unless one counts monkeyman brain transplant and it's fucking pain unless upgraded with tools, research or legendary skill exploit. Cloning removal triggered strange set of rebalances that boil down to MDs AFKing with scalpel-hemostat most of patients who would otherwise be able to heal self or have patch slapped on them by someone.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #567838

I dont really have that issue, my pita is the organ surgeries.

If the argument is grounded in capability, I would disagree with the change. If you NEED to perform upgraded tend wounds, you can just move them to a table and give them 1u formaldehyde.

If the argument is grounded in what is fun, I think it isn't a TW issue. I would say surgery in general is not fun. Where I disagree is the approach people have of just making it so you progress through the motions more quickly.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current