allow certain side antags to spawn roundstart

A place to record your ideas for the game.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

allow certain side antags to spawn roundstart

Post by nianjiilical » #567351

tl;dr see title

a lot of side antags are very cool and fun to play, but because of how long it often takes for them to spawn, it feels like its annoyingly common for the prompt to come up when the station is already fucked up, not giving their players any real time to enjoy the opportunity

therefore i would like to propose the following side antags/roles have a small chance to spawn roundstart in other gamemodes, or maybe just on dynamic:

-abductors, because they often have long term goals that would benefit from showing up early
-revenants, because they're the best side antag and to the best of my knowledge don't have any way to ruin the round
-obsessed, because they barely even count as real antags and traitors are way deadlier anyway
-fugitives, because they're honestly more of an rp thing (spawn the hunters 3-5 mins later as usual)
-rat king, because yes i know hes not technically an antag but he should honestly be a random spawn
-MAYBE morph, because it's not a round ender antag but also having the whole armory get eaten in the first 3 minutes might be kind of bad

i feel like you could also *maybe* make an argument for sentient slime, spiders and nightmare, since to the best of my knowledge none of them are round enders on the same level as xenos or sentient disease, but also they can easily murderbone and break the engine and shit

for clarification im only arguing these events should have a tiny chance of spawning roundstart for people with the roles enabled, not being turned into their own modes

also make devils a thing again
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: allow certain side antags to spawn roundstart

Post by Flatulent » #567394

just tc trade for those
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #567420

abductor: i saw them tc traded quite often
revenant: tc traded like 1/3 of the rounds
obsessed: cringe and should be removed
fugitive: not a real antag and kinda cringe
rat king: why? it has nothing to do, its ok only when you get summoned and you manage to backstrab your summoner like a real skaven
morph: sure i love ore silo being eaten roundstart and then nothing else happens

humans with traitor gear (or cult magic etc) are the best antag and surpass any cringe simplemob trash both playing as and playing against, those things are to flavour up once round gets stale they arent in any way an alternative to real antags, game is crew vs crew not crew vs dragons
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #568550

make thing x more like think y, everything must be the same, thing x is inconvenient in it's thing x form even though that's what makes it interesting and or different.