Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Moderators: MisterPerson, Code Maintainers

SkeletalElite
 
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby SkeletalElite » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:38 am #575098

Place's like the armory and maybe even the cap's office should start with plasteel reinforcements like the vault door does. I think this is a really under used feature and could make tiding a little harder.



User avatar
terranaut
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby terranaut » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:36 am #575105

the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward
Image

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:53 am #575109

if someone is breaking into the armory it means sec already failed their job, 1 plasteel door, 2 plasteel doors, it wont matter

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:55 am #575110

terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward

is that true?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

SkeletalElite
 
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby SkeletalElite » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:53 am #575134

terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward


It's not impossible to break into just makes it take more than a few seconds to get the door open and makes it so you gotta prepare. Right now anyone with a pair of wire cutters and a crowbar and break into caps office and steal AA within minutes. At least you gotta get a few more resources if you want to break into the supposedly most lucrative places on the station, instead of just the usual you use for literally everything else except the vault.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby cacogen » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:30 pm #575140

terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward

exactly. why does everything have to be anti-fun nowadays? it's like you hate action and excitement and want a job simulator and chatroom because you understandably don't want to die and sit out for 20 minutes
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Cobby » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:45 pm #575172

It’s not banning you from doing it, it just makes it more difficult since no one wants to change the test on one door and now you have pseudo all access for a majority of the map
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
EOBGames
 
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 am
Location: Scotland
Byond Username: EOBGames

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby EOBGames » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:19 pm #575187

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward

is that true?

Yeah, maps have flaws and quirks built in with the intention of stopping them being perfect. It keeps conflict going, gives players upgrades to strive towards, and generally improves the experience of playing a round on the map.
Everyone's favourite internewt. (Shitty) coder, (shitty) spriter, and (less shitty) mapper. I contribute high-tier shitposts that ruin people's lives. In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.

User avatar
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:47 pm
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:16 am #575196

EOBGames wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward

is that true?

Yeah, maps have flaws and quirks built in with the intention of stopping them being perfect. It keeps conflict going, gives players upgrades to strive towards, and generally improves the experience of playing a round on the map.

Oh, I see!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Space outside the Brig
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:08 pm #575461

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
EOBGames wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward

is that true?

Yeah, maps have flaws and quirks built in with the intention of stopping them being perfect. It keeps conflict going, gives players upgrades to strive towards, and generally improves the experience of playing a round on the map.

Oh, I see!


If you've ever wondered why the armory is always exposed to space on just about every map even though thats a major security hazard - this is why.
Image
Image

User avatar
Agux909
 
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Agux909 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:16 pm #575468

I don't know how I've missed this but I am of the opinion that all nonpublic airlocks should have their security raised by 1. And yeah this makes secure airlocks to get upgraded to plasteel, while all other non-public get upgraded to metal

Make tiders/antags struggle for wanting to hack into areas they don't have access to. It's slower, riskier and may make things more annoying, but at least it isn't a 3 click task once you know the wires. And it also brings more appeal to use other faster and less quiet/free methods.

Also, everyone seems to forget there is an easier way if you dont want to hack, deconstruct or blow up a hole with c4, which is: break apc, then crowbar the airlock.
You stole the item he cannot renew while your arts n crafts are theoretically unlimited, is it that hard to understand?

User avatar
EOBGames
 
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 am
Location: Scotland
Byond Username: EOBGames

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby EOBGames » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:05 pm #575571

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
EOBGames wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:
terranaut wrote:the station is intentionally designed in a flawed way to allow people who nominally dont have access to break in to create conflict and drive the round forward

is that true?

Yeah, maps have flaws and quirks built in with the intention of stopping them being perfect. It keeps conflict going, gives players upgrades to strive towards, and generally improves the experience of playing a round on the map.

Oh, I see!


If you've ever wondered why the armory is always exposed to space on just about every map even though thats a major security hazard - this is why.

Part of me wonders if this rule might need re-evaluated for planetstations a la icebox, just since you've mentioned it.
Everyone's favourite internewt. (Shitty) coder, (shitty) spriter, and (less shitty) mapper. I contribute high-tier shitposts that ruin people's lives. In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby cacogen » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:00 am #575604

i think super angry crag knows that the station is supposed to have holes in it from a security perspective for the sake of antagonists
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

User avatar
EOBGames
 
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 am
Location: Scotland
Byond Username: EOBGames

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby EOBGames » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:17 am #575826

cacogen wrote:i think super angry crag knows that the station is supposed to have holes in it from a security perspective for the sake of antagonists

Never hurts to mention it again for the sake of everyone else, since a lot of people don't know this is the case with maps.
Everyone's favourite internewt. (Shitty) coder, (shitty) spriter, and (less shitty) mapper. I contribute high-tier shitposts that ruin people's lives. In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.

User avatar
Arcanemusic
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 6:17 am
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Arcanemusic » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:05 am #576017

I feel like this is an issue already solved by randomized departmental wires.
Image

User avatar
Agux909
 
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Make High Security Area's have Plasteel Reinforced Doors

Postby Agux909 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:41 am #576021

Arcanemusic wrote:I feel like this is an issue already solved by randomized departmental wires.


No, that was only part 1/3 of the assistant supernerf-to-the-ground masterplan. This is just the beginning.
You stole the item he cannot renew while your arts n crafts are theoretically unlimited, is it that hard to understand?


Return to Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users