Help me design/sprite overpowered guns

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Help me design/sprite overpowered guns

Post by Incoming » #66687

So in summon magic there's a special pool of items that I consider to be extra bullshit fun overpowered. For this reason the chance of getting one is far lower than the others, less intense items and only one can spawn during any given casting.

Summon guns has no such pool. I want there to be one, but I need more ridiculous weaponry to stick there.

Some design guidelines:

*Get wacky, get overpowered; think of hilariously bullshit ways to die and use them as an excuse to design a gun around it.
*If you have any unused gun sprites already lying around post them here, people might be able to design a concept around how they look.
*Prioritize traditional guns over energy guns, but if you have a good idea for an energy gun don't be afraid to post it
*Remember if you design a weapon with an exotic payload (this is good) a unique in air projectile sprite (4-dir/8-dir) will be needed now and an ammo sprite will be needed eventually.

Some example ideas:

A gun that has only one shot and causes a max cap explosion on contact and irradiates in a huge radius
A gun that shoots missiles with homing capability to chase down targets
A gun that shoots deadly, deadly, bees
A gun that shoots guns that then shoot people.
A gun that shoots projectiles that leave deadly chemical clouds in their wake
A gun that looks like a banana

Obviously spriting is a more intense endeavor than just spitballing ideas, so if you take the effort to design a gun sprite I will try my best to attach an actual weapon to it. No hard time limits here, this is an open call until I have enough completed weapons.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!โ„ข
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Re: Help me design/sprite overpowered guns

Post by Loonikus » #66691

Obrez: A sawn-off Mosin Nagant. Uses 7.62x54R ammunition and holds five shots. Does 50 brute damage but the projectile is wildly inaccurate after 3 tiles. Lights any target within 3 tiles of where the shooter is facing on fire. Does 5 brute damage to the users arm and shakes the users screen after each shot due to insane recoil.

GlockSorry, forgot about our retarded no references policy. Call it a Kcolg: A composite 9mm semi-automatic handgun with a 17 round magazine. 15 brute damage a hit. Has a 1/10 chance of exploding violently (about the same as a syndicate mini-bomb) when fired.

DEAGLE BRAND DEAGLE: A massive gas operated hand cannon that uses .50 Alien Exterminator. Does a whopping 80 brute damage and causes the mob shot to fly backwards until they hit a wall. Target will fly through windows and grills, and will hurt anyone they collide with. Has a 7 round magazine.
Last edited by Loonikus on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #66692

Recoil Gun. Shoots the player backward from the direction they are shooting. Use it in space to die by being flinged near the speed of light.
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #66693

The Mk. VII Linggatlingling

it's fully automatic and it shoots gatling guns that shoot armblades
like a clusterbang launcher, except the clusterbangs (sprited as gatling guns) shoot armblades in every direction instead of more flashbangs

and did I mention it's fully automatic
Image Image Image
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #66698

More like "sprite my ideas for me", if you want help at least show some of your own sprite work.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #66700

Ricotez wrote:More like "sprite my ideas for me", if you want help at least show some of your own sprite work.
For what its worth, we already have sprites for 2/3 of my ideas, and I think theres an Obrez sprite floating somewhere around here on an older thread.

Edit: Found it. Just needs the stock and the barrel cut back.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #66714

Incoming wrote:So in summon magic there's a special pool of items that I consider to be extra bullshit fun overpowered. For this reason the chance of getting one is far lower than the others, less intense items and only one can spawn during any given casting.

Summon guns has no such pool. I want there to be one, but I need more ridiculous weaponry to stick there.

Some design guidelines:

*Get wacky, get overpowered; think of hilariously bullshit ways to die and use them as an excuse to design a gun around it.
*If you have any unused gun sprites already lying around post them here, people might be able to design a concept around how they look.
*Prioritize traditional guns over energy guns, but if you have a good idea for an energy gun don't be afraid to post it
*Remember if you design a weapon with an exotic payload (this is good) a unique in air projectile sprite (4-dir/8-dir) will be needed now and an ammo sprite will be needed eventually.

Some example ideas:

A gun that has only one shot and causes a max cap explosion on contact and irradiates in a huge radius
A gun that shoots missiles with homing capability to chase down targets
A gun that shoots deadly, deadly, bees
A gun that shoots guns that then shoot people.
A gun that shoots projectiles that leave deadly chemical clouds in their wake
A gun that looks like a banana

Obviously spriting is a more intense endeavor than just spitballing ideas, so if you take the effort to design a gun sprite I will try my best to attach an actual weapon to it. No hard time limits here, this is an open call until I have enough completed weapons.
- A Disintegrator Ray. Leaves nothing but dust and a brain.

- Sonic Disruptor gun. Fires a visible "air-distortion" projectile (Proto-Kinetic Accelerator shot is perfect) which travels in a straight line as quickly as a hungry human until it hits something like a wall, or a human-sized mob. In travel, an area on both sides of the projectile (if travelling North or South, then the areas to the East & West of the projectile; if travelling East or West, then the areas to the North & South of the projectile) causes Honker Blaster-type effects on all mobs it passes over, and breaks bottles & windows. The thing that is hit by the projectile itself takes brute damage, is deafened for a good ten minutes, stunned for at least twenty seconds and thrown in the direction the projectile was going.

- Chekhov's Gun. A rifle, the likes of which could be added to the game as normal guns, with regular rifle ammo. Chekhov's Gun is unique in that, if you wield it, a verb appears (with a button in the top-left hand corner) called "Foreshadowing". When pressed, the gun disappears. This starts a five/ten-minute personal counter called "Dramatic Tension"; when this timer runs out, a verb/button then becomes available named "Callback"; when used with empty hands, the gun reappears, only now the rounds it fires are instantly deadly on any single target.

- Monkey Gun. Variable fire mode gun that shoots either nuts or live monkeys.

- Meteor Gun. Finally, somebody mounted the Meteor Pen on a gungrip!

- Grass Bomb Launcher. Causes an area to be covered in grass tiles, flowers and oxygen.

- Hyper Beam Launcher. Requires you to stand absolutely still for 30 seconds before the fact and forces you to stand still for 30 seconds after the fact, but launches a 3-wide beam which demolishes EVERYTHING in a straight line, all the way to the edge of the Z-level. Oddly, doesn't break ore, which means a thoughtful miner could use it as a mining laser, for some reason.

- Tomato Cannon. Launches varying tomatoes. Red tomatoes are most common - blood and blue are uncommon - bluespace are rare.

- Hydro Cannon. Back-mounted, handheld hose. Launches a 3-wide "beam" of water. If someone is directly in front of the beam, they take some brute damage; otherwise, deals no damage, but everyone caught in the beam is blasted backwards, which may damage them anyway. Also soaks the tiles and cleans away blood, vomit, oil etc. Spawns with water, but can be replaced by something else.

- Cerebral Bore Drone. Bit too much in its original form, so - it launches small drill-like drones, which latch onto the head of your target and cause them minor brute damage, followed by a weak but continuous stream of brain damage. Require surgery to remove.

- Magic Bullet Gun. Examining a person whilst this gun is held allows you to set them as a target; firing the gun causes a bullet to head in their direction, dodging everything it can. If it finds its target, it hits and causes a C4 explosion; if it can't reach the person in one minute, it causes a C4 explosion wherever it is. Does not work if target is off Z-level. Also probably impossible to code.

- Batterer Cannon. Clears a 3x3 path to the edge of the visible screen in whatever direction it's fired.

- Mutation Gun. Causes random mutations in any mob it hits. Has two toggles - positive, negative & mixed, and low, medium & high-power. First toggle explains itself, second varies the number of mutations of that type a mob is likely to get hit by.

- Anti-Vampire Gun. A validhunter shotgun. Does Syndicate Pistol damage to any non-antagonist, and 100 brute damage to any antagonist.

- Actual Vampire Gun. Shots do 10 brute, heal 10 brute to user.

- Freeze Ray. Encases target in ice. Becomes extremely cold, but is filled with anti-crit medicine; in theory, could be kept alive like this forever. Can be freed by melting ice with heat.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #66716

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n86priazav388 ... n.dmi?dl=0

this is a gun I made for a thing that isn't being used, if it fits any of your ideas you can use it
i'll give a shot at some more later
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #66722

Owzat
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #66726

How about a gun that fires mini-wormholes/singularities? As in when it fires, the projectiles very slowly moves forward until it hits a wall. Not enough to destroy blocks, but enough to pull in players/unbolted items. Could make it destroy or teleport the stuff it sucks in.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #66756

Clearly, you need a rocket shotgun.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #66781

Ricotez wrote:More like "sprite my ideas for me", if you want help at least show some of your own sprite work.
um

if coders needed to show previous artwork they made to get sprites for code projects

the entire game would be coderart because they'd never get anyone to sprite anything

actual idea:

blink gun, causes the blink effect on any /atom/movable that isn't anchored that it hits

emag it to make it hit anchored
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #66800

The only reason I'd show coder sprites I drew was if I had to convince people why leaving sprites to me is a bad idea.

Image << Image
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!โ„ข
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #66804

Unstable Bluespace gun.
Creates a fun range of effects when you shoot someone.
Effects include:
Teleporting victim into the armoury/AI core/upload.
Teleporting the victims brain one tile in front of them.
Teleporting the gun into your victims hands.
Causing Bluespace crystals to explode everywhere around target.
The gun explodes, spawning a ton of wormholes and bags of holding to appear.
I play Boris Pepper.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #66976

boner gun
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #66989

Sticky launcher
Shoots C4 that activates on whatever (non living) thing it hits. Use the gun in your hand to detonate the charges. Can have three spawned charges active at once.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #67098

Something like the tiny cricket gun from men in black.
Tiny gun, rediculous fire power and throws you back with knockdown everytime you use it.

A knockback cannon.
Projectile explodes on impact, hurling everyone in a large area away from point of impact, inflicting brute if they hit thing.
If you directly hit someone with the projectile, send them absolutely flying down the corridor, for massive brute damage if they hit something.

Minigun
backpack gun, used like a botanist spray backpack. Assloads of ammo, but ony burst fire. Very, very, long burst fire, so you basically click and cant stop firing for 10 seconds.

Boozeblaster
Makes anyone you hit MASSIVELY drunk.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #67159

Silly Hat. As appropriate, is a hat. Gives you an upper left button that makes you make an announcement like the Captain or whatever with a randomly generated spell card name, then fills literally every tile the person using it has on screen with wall-ignoring magic missiles that slowly move away from them in an elaborate pattern.

Oh wait guns? Well okay. You could do a sorta kinetic force projection gun dealie. I think it'd be just like the miner's gun, in that you have to recharge it between shots, but is otherwise infinite ammo, except that getting hit by it would stun the guy and knock their ass way the hell back. Does kncokback exist? Maybe you could ghetto rig that with whatever code rolling chairs and fire extinguishers use?
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67231

That's actually a PEPS.

Basically, an invisible laser that, upon impact, creates a flashbang and throws shit around.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #67262

This.
[youtube]lJnGQeaAgyc[/youtube]
Does a bunch of brute, makes the user shout PEW PEW and BANG BANG and other gun noises. RNG ammo pool so you eventually run out of ammo and start shouting CLICK CLICK until the user shouts out RELOAD and then they can shoot again.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #67296

A gun that makes other people clumsy so they can't use guns back at you. Works via I dunno bolt of clown essence.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #67439

Rail gun: an over under rifle that shoots rounds that go through anything they hit from people to r-walls and just keep going. It only has two shots but each round gibs whoever it hits instantly. Has a scope that can be toggled that lets you see people through walls as though you were wearing thermal goggles.

Immovable rod cannon: click it while holding it to start charging the shot. After 30 seconds it'll make the microwave's "ding" and then you can fire it, sending an immovable rod clear across the z-level and leaving a trail of death and carnage. Has four shots.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #67482

Immovable rod cannon has the possibility to infinite loop too... I LOVE IT
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67544

So what happens if you fire off an immovable rod in one direction, then another one in the opposite direction?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #67558

I need a sprite for a bullet-hose gatling gun.

No reason.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: โ†‘Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #67583

RCDerringer-two shot pistol that can instantly build wall/rwall/decontruct/airlock just like an RCD, but can take compressed matter cartridges and has range

Plasma Cannon- fires a violet sphere of energy that knocks down target with a mild explosion and shocks nearby targets(3x3)

Deck Dealer- inserting a deck of cards will give you 52 projectiles to deal(fire). A pack of Syndicate Cards is a robust upgrade to the Nanotrasen cards.

Taser Minigun- 100 round electrode thrower with no cooldown in between shots. Perfect for a clown going on a stun-only rampage down the halls.

Jackhammer- 30 round fully automatic shotgun with a very short cooldown. Bust down r-windows in a snap.

Prick 45- 10 round semiauto pistol that fires pen. Silly gun.

ROBUSTER Repeater- gun that launches toolboxes. 5 toolboxes at a time.

BikeHorn Plus- fires capsules of compressed HONK that seize the target on impact and cause them to convulse in laughter, based on cooldown(30secs)

EMPistol-fires weak bolts of EMP that barely overload headsets. about 5 shots
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67586

Bikehorn Plus, also known as "hook up a bike horn to an emergency o2 tank".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #67671

^^^
That's way better. The bigger the tank/kpa of gas, the more "shots" you get. Your only cooldown is how much atmos/scince loves you.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #67704

I actually suggested that once, but...you know. Honk.

Now fill that tank with plasma.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #67929

I coded it once but then I had to nuke my git and lost all interest in it.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #67987

A gun that fires you rapidly forwards in a straight line, unable to stop until you hit something (or someone)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #68024

Jacquerel wrote:A gun that fires you rapidly forwards in a straight line, unable to stop until you hit something (or someone)
Just make that a spell instead. On impact you create a shockwave tossing people.

No, I've never played Mass Effect as Vanguard, why?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Balut

Post by Balut » #68064

WeeYakk wrote:Handgun
[youtube]3mNKpxpegBQ[/youtube]

Dubstep gun. Projectile is weak, but charges depending on how long it's been held/active since last fired. When unactivated, it's quiet/sneaky/whatever. Must be activated to charge, which makes it make noises I guess. The noises are BUILDUP to a SICK DROP. If the charge is held too long something bad happens I guess? TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT FOR THAT DROP.

At about 10 seconds, has a chance to knockdown, at 30 seconds has a 3x3 AoE. Also lets you play MIDIs.

Bass cannon. Alternative name for the above. Comes with Father Mask.

Lag cannon. Basically it sets fires, releases large amounts of gases, or opens a breach to space at random.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #68106

a magic missile missile launcher
it fires a missile that casts magic missile
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #68108

Make it a cluster-missile that breaks into magic missile casting missiles.
So it's a magic missile missile missile launcher.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Balut

Post by Balut » #68120

+1
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?