General Improvements

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

General Improvements

Post by Saege Tilth » #596666

So all these improvements are mostly targeting the experience on Sybil more than anything else. I understand that I have a desire rooted inside of me which makes me want to have things changed to benefit myself, however in this scenario, I go against those ideas in exchange for actual balances which would be an improvement to the experience overall. Nobody likes dying and nobody especially likes dying in an unbalanced manner, such as a queen bee that instakill stings players. Here is my ideas for balance.

-Add a hard counter tactic to dragon, such as having Pyroxadone in you when the dragon eats you causes the dragon to spit you back out until your body has fully metabolized it.
-Nerf blobs growth rate. If players know how to play blob, they will almost always win no matter how unlucky they get.
-Reword asimov to explicitly exclude antagonists in general from being considered humans
-Add an incinerator to security in view of the brig holding cells so security can easy bake oven antagonist
-Add shit to the game similar to hunger and make failure to shit on time give your character unhappiness and color your uniform brown like shit, as well as adding the bowel organ in the same location as appendix
-And last but not least, remove medics accessibility into chemistry and virology. It's just too much access for what they do.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Re: General Improvements

Post by Sylphet » #596669

Saege Tilth wrote: -Add a hard counter tactic to dragon, such as having Pyroxadone in you when the dragon eats you causes the dragon to spit you back out until your body has fully metabolized it.
-Nerf blobs growth rate. If players know how to play blob, they will almost always win no matter how unlucky they get.
-Reword asimov to explicitly exclude antagonists in general from being considered humans
-Add an incinerator to security in view of the brig holding cells so security can easy bake oven antagonist
-Add shit to the game similar to hunger and make failure to shit on time give your character unhappiness and color your uniform brown like shit, as well as adding the bowel organ in the same location as appendix
-And last but not least, remove medics accessibility into chemistry and virology. It's just too much access for what they do.
No, why, just don't get eaten. Sometimes you die.
No, blobs grow too slowly if anything. They're not a threat once crew open armoury + buy emitters.
No, oh my god, AI should not be validhunting and the conflict between crew and AI is a core part of the gameplay of the role.
No, this is a terrible idea that will make it way more common for people to get wrongly cremated - I have to deal with enough overzealous sec officers, not to mention what this will do with the AI. Antags drive the round forward and unga validing them is like taking your own fun and throwing it out of the nearest airlock.
Wow, an actual shitpost. This is kind of disgusting and we already had this in hygiene, which everyone hated because it was annoying and forced you to either interrupt gameplay to go shower, when an assistant steals your ID, or you walk slowly because your mood is ruined. And then an assistant shoves you down and steals your ID because you're slow and stinky.
No. No no no no no no no. Chemistry already doesn't make medicine, let's not make this even worse. Even on Manuel where there's a requirement to do your job, chemists will just make salicylic + oxandrolone patches and act like they're finished. Virology is fair, but I'm pretty sure that MDs have access only on skeleton crews, no ?
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #596673

I genuinely can't tell if this is an impressive shitpost or an actual dump of some ideas you had.
If it's a shitpost, it made me laugh and I thank you for it.

If it's not, here are my thoughts on it :

- Dragons are rare, shift-ending antagonists. They are meant to fuck you up. They kill people and it's part of the game. That said, this is the most sane proposal you made, so I guess there is merit to discuss it.

- Blobs are too weak. Once the crew has money or tech, the blob gets destroyed. Especially since it's a rare role that not many people get to experience.

- This is just a continuation of https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=28823 which got denied and locked, do not bring this up again.

- No strong opinion on this. Pubby had an incinerator in security and it wasn't a big deal.

- Hygiene was terrible and honestly more tedium sounds like a bad thing for the game.

- MDs should have access to the pharmacy but not chemistry, I agree. Chemistry is the factory room. Virology is ehhhhhh. I think virologist as a job shouldn't exist and the virology lab should be accessible by MDs.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #596678

Saege Tilth wrote:-Add an incinerator to security in view of the brig holding cells so security can easy bake oven antagonist
Rushing round removal, because "muh antag" is kinda meh.
Cimika wrote: I think virologist as a job shouldn't exist and the virology lab should be accessible by MDs.
This. At the moment when there is a virus on the loose, everybody lynches that one guy playing virology. With medics being able to access virology, it instead raises a question "who did it"?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #596683

Are you fucking kidding me wrote:-Add shit to the game similar to hunger and make failure to shit on time give your character unhappiness and color your uniform brown like shit, as well as adding the bowel organ in the same location as appendix
This is how I know you're taking the piss. However, fuck it. I'll go over this crap.
-Add a hard counter tactic to dragon, such as having Pyroxadone in you when the dragon eats you causes the dragon to spit you back out until your body has fully metabolized it.
This might actually be a neat idea, though I don't know about Pyrox being the right chem.
No, it's fine. The only instances where blobs end up winning are when the blob player is actually good at splitting itself off or when the crew just kinda ignores it.
Hahahaha, no.
There's usually a room on most maps that's set up so you can pour a bunch of plasma into it and burn people to a crisp. No real need to put it in view of the cells.
Medical should get access to those for graveyard shifts, probably not normally. The rest of this is ridiculous and should be ignored.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #596730

space dragon is a garbage tier event and mob
Saege Tilth
Byond Username: Ulrichenstein

Post by Saege Tilth » #596749

Cimika wrote:- This is just a continuation of https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=28823 which got denied and locked, do not bring this up again.
You realize I've had a general thread much older than that which is still active from time to time right? It's an ongoing issue with AI that someone else will eventually bring up. Also sure I won't bring it up policy wise again. I will however continue to have ideas for coder side things. If you're asking me not to bring up that very particular situation, then that makes sense. If you're asking me not to talk about AI suggestions, then that would be overstepping the line of outright telling me not to make suggestions which defeats the entire purpose of this forum. Moderate me IN GAME not on the forum. Thanks.
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #596764

Saege Tilth wrote:
Cimika wrote:- This is just a continuation of https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=28823 which got denied and locked, do not bring this up again.
You realize I've had a general thread much older than that which is still active from time to time right? It's an ongoing issue with AI that someone else will eventually bring up. Also sure I won't bring it up policy wise again. I will however continue to have ideas for coder side things. If you're asking me not to bring up that very particular situation, then that makes sense. If you're asking me not to talk about AI suggestions, then that would be overstepping the line of outright telling me not to make suggestions which defeats the entire purpose of this forum. Moderate me IN GAME not on the forum. Thanks.
First of all, the default AI laws are set by policy, not code, so no, this is not the place for suggesting changes to Asimov. There's even a config file so the default laws can be changed without having to touch code at all. Second of all, the fact that human antags are still protected by Asimov, and the conflict that occurs between the station and the AI because of it, is 100% intentional, and is unlikely to change anytime soon. And third of all, I feel like you either don't understand this server, or you don't understand the game in general. In every thread I've seen of yours about something you perceive to be a problem and what your proposed solution is, I don't recall a single person ever agreeing with you that the thing is even a problem in the first place.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #596771

Cimika wrote:I think virologist as a job shouldn't exist and the virology lab should be accessible by MDs
See, this is an interesting idea. This is how you actually make good ideas, Saege. You should pay attention.

The only thing I don't like about this is I'm not a fan of condensing things down to a single job. This feels like if we removed Roboticist and made it something Scientists did instead. I'd be interested in seeing this test-merged for a few rounds, see how that works.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #596814

As we know, Goon had poop and eventually removed it. Even if it weren't disgusting and pointless, you can't trust players with things like that. I feel like we might've had it for April Fool's once but I might be wrong.

I have always wanted to see functional toilets on /tg/ though. In early /tg/ maps they were hooked up to the disposals loop, but I don't think it did anything. I was thinking toilets could produce waste cubes which do nothing (but could be composted, maybe) and go down the disposals they're attached to. Human mobs could use them by standing on them, after a do_after(). Smaller mobs could be flushed. You'd have some invisible bladder stat (like The Sims) that was affected by nutrition. It might add a small negative moodlet, if it were bad enough. This would give toilets a gameplay purpose that reflected their supposed purpose, without making it a mandatory diversion. Not that those are necessarily bad. People seem to forget one of hunger's effects is to draw people out of their departments.
oranges wrote:space dragon is a garbage tier event and mob
Yeah, I hate overpowered and overly destructive antagonists whose only purpose is to murderbone.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: