Motorized Wheelchair users cannot build certain items.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
biffbuttcus
Byond Username: Biff Buttcus

Motorized Wheelchair users cannot build certain items.

Post by biffbuttcus » #596726

When trying to build things like wall girders or computer frames, a message pops up that says you can't build them because the motorized wheelchair is in the way.

The regular wheelchair does not have these issues at least to my knowledge.

This appears to be an oversight. So I'd like to this changed so that the motorized wheelchair is treated the same as the regular wheelchair.

I don't know all of the items that have this problem but again, it's things like wall girders or computer frames. Metal bar grilles are fine though.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Motorized Wheelchair users cannot build certain items.

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #596737

If the regular wheelchair doesn't do this it might be unintentional & hence a bug report, since the motorized chair is supposed to be an upgrade
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
biffbuttcus

Post by biffbuttcus » #596746

That's what I might have thought. But like this is my first post on this forum and so I dunno.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #596815

I'm not sure why you'd like to limit building in both wheelchairs, instead of removing the limit entirely. They're already so needlessly slow most people won't use them.

I think the message with building is simply a side-effect of the structures being built on top of you and the code looking for other structures (which the wheelchair presumably is) to prevent overlap. If you could build on adjacent tiles then it wouldn't be an issue.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

biffbuttcus

Post by biffbuttcus » #596847

cacogen wrote:I'm not sure why you'd like to limit building in both wheelchairs, instead of removing the limit entirely. They're already so needlessly slow most people won't use them.
I want it the other way around. The wheelchair can build but the motorized wheelchair cannot. I would like to see the motorized wheelchair able to build as well. It seems like an oversight on the creation of the motorized wheelchair. I want the limit removed.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #596848

This is a side effect of something we do to stop machine stacking.
You should report it on github
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
biffbuttcus

Post by biffbuttcus » #596851

TheFinalPotato wrote:This is a side effect of something we do to stop machine stacking.
You should report it on github
Okay, will do.