Thermite nerf and making shutters and blast door more secure

A place to record your ideas for the game.
panvxv
Byond Username: Panvxv

Thermite nerf and making shutters and blast door more secure

Post by panvxv » #597726

Thermite is able to destroy walls and reinforced walls and you can't really do anything about this. When it is set on fire, it is job done for burglar, you can't extinquish it or deal with it any other way. And this is not the biggest problem, thermite is really easy to make, all it need is basic reagents that chemistry dispensers have and you just need 30u of it for normal wall and 50u for reinforced one.

Now how to fix it. I think the best idea would be changing Thermite to an item that you need to make and for that you need to freeze it and then grind.
Grind part is funny, when you use All-In-One Grinder Thermite will explode so for grinding you need to use mortar and pestle. And last and no least: 75u for normal wall and 125u for reinforced or even more as items you can make in crafting menu.
I know those are really big nerfs but I saw some players that do speedruns to make thermite and use it on Captain or HoP office walls and they can do that below 10minutes.

Now changes for shutters and blast doors!

I have never seen myself and I got this info today and I tested it myself on private server so you can build shutters and blast doors in crafting menu! And as you can craft it you can also deconstruct it and here is a problem.
Anyone with screwdriver and multitool can set controller ID to different one than it is making shutters and blast doors that are in for example at HoP line useless!
I think the best change would be that you can install metal or plasteel like in airlock so you must remove it with tools and then you can access wires.

SOOOoooo as you know that you can go and sabotage HoP that you don't like :twisted:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Thermite nerf and making shutters and blast door more secure

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #597743

on the other hand, thermite burns for a decent bit of time and you can replace a wall with 4 pieces of metal / 2 pieces of metal 2 pieces of plasteel.
If you've got literally any security presence, just call them. Otherwise, use the gun HoP spawns with.
or build another wall while the thermite's burning and laugh. Or any other set of solutions.

Thermite's strong because it's fucking thermite, but it also takes a decent amount of dedication from everyone who ISN'T a chemist to make...
and chemists can just make explosives anyway, so thermite melting a wall certainly isn't at the top of their capabilities list.

Also, about the shutters: cope.
Sometimes people break in to places. This is a way of life. they can't be hacked like normal anyway, so honestly I've found a lot more trouble with shutters than I have with doors or walls.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #597744

Breaking into places is supposed to be easy by design.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

panvxv
Byond Username: Panvxv

Post by panvxv » #597746

As HoP sometimes you don't notice that wall is on fire and this is especially on maps with bigger or wider HoP offices.
Calling security is one think, them getting there is another and not being robust next one.
Crew have no problem throwing IEDs to office and welder bombing it. I will not kill you but it destroy office and you need then a lot of time to set everything right. I mean assistants will flood your office, you need to call engineers and HoP need to leave it to not be overwhelm by the crew.

And for "decent amount of dedication from everyone who ISN'T a chemist to make" I dont agree at all. It is just mix basic 3 reagents in dispenser. It is as easy as making drink at bar.
But I agree that thermite should be strong, just harder to make. Thats all about thermite.

Now for shutters and blast doors: they can be "hacked", when shutters or blast doors are opened you can use screwdriver and multitool to set diffrent code(ID) for them. This is not about breaking into places but removing acccess to close things.
When there are revs you want to close them right? Welp, 10 minutes ago some assistant for prank set your shutters to diffrent ID.
And this is not for HoP only, warden office has shutters, R&D and roboticists have them. Those shutters not only can provide security from tiders but also plasma floods.
I think you should be able to react to someone sabotaging your shutters as now they can do it in 2-3seconds.
As for me this can be by adding metal or plasteel or just setting accesses in airlock board that is already needed to make shutters and blast doors and also set it right in map files so games start with them.
So it would work like buttons, to screwdriver it you need ID with access to it.
Weirdly HoP buttons have their accesses set to kitchen only XD
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #607464

terranaut wrote:Breaking into places is supposed to be easy by design.
Is it? I thought we nerfed window breaking into uselessness because we were (stupidly) moving away from this. I agree that it should be easy by design though
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #607478

yeah the shit they did to reinforced windows and airlocks makes for such fucking tedium every single round (though what doesn't nowadays, everything has to be impotent, slow and boring)
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #607483

Seems more like we would make windows hard to break if they were getting broken constantly and for no good reason...

You can have an easy breach gameplay-wise but if the playerbase decides to overuse it the breach is going to get removed for being the meta.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #607606

it's supposed to be (relatively) easy to be able to break into places because ss13 gameplay requires conflict to thrive. the r-window buff a while back was cringe too to be tbqh quite honest with you.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]