Traitor way of making money by producing Counterfeiting and new traitor objective!

A place to record your ideas for the game.
SubRosa
Byond Username: LootnWoot

Traitor way of making money by producing Counterfeiting and new traitor objective!

Post by SubRosa » #602028

Are you someone who wants to build a criminal business, but don't got the funds. Sure you can spend just one TC to earn 5000 credits, BUT! What if you want more? Well...sure you could spend 2 TC to get 10K, But what about getting an unlimited process of getting cash! Introducing for just 4 TC, the Syndicates very own, up to the very mili-second state of the art, money printer machine board! Illegally printing money every few minutes! Every three minutes that pass by,
the machine prints 5k worth of credits! And while sure you may think that's just it, but wait, there's more! You can even upgrade the parts to the very max! Why stop at three minutes, when your money printing can produce 5k every half a minute top! Why even stop at 5k when it can be producing 20K!!! You can be getting rich, and acting like YOU own the station like it's no one's boss!

There is however...a few flaws. The first flaw you may notice when it starts producing is that it makes a certain loud noise, it's recommended through the small guidebook given with the board that you hide your machine somewhere private and beyond ears. Another flaw is that eventually, it'll run out of ink to print money, Just steal some spare ink from the copy machines at the library or get some through cargo. Now for the biggest flaw. Let's say you gave the bartender a tip, bartender takes the small tip and puts it into their ID. Later on during the shift, a Security Officer checks the bartenders bag, and checks not just the backpack, but the ID itself. Security officer checks the amount they have, and notices something...strange. The bartender didn't notice it, but the Sec officer did. What happened is that while sure you can put counterfeit money into your ID and become crazy rich, if any security officer, the HoP, Captain, or even the QM checks the credits holding of an ID, A little message in red ink in chat tells them that something is off about this currency in their ID, which is a sure sign that they have counterfeit money printed by an illegal printer. You have the option to give credit from your ID through the legal money you have, or the illegal currency that just got printed, but if someone finds out, it's only a matter of time.

Let's go even further. You're a traitor QM, and you just built your very own money printer, wanting Cargonia to become rich and powerful! It doesn't take long for Cargo to become so crazy rich...somehow. The detective is curious as to how Cargo got so much in a short span of time, and decides to take a trip to the vault. In the Vault is a bank machine which holds the stations funds that connects through Cargo's budget. As the detective uses the bank machine, there is an option to scan for any fraudulent currency, taking a short moment, a warning pops up showing the amount that is fraud and the option to pull it out of the bank money with an alert to Common communications channel. You panic, you're entire counterfeiting operation just got caught, and now there is no doubt they're onto you, you have the cargo budget card, and that means you are the only one who could put money in there unless you pull something out of your ass which is highly unlikely.

So to recap. The printer can be upgradeable with parts, printing faster and more depending on the tier of parts. However it can make noise, needs ink, and if someone with a careful eye notices the money is counterfeit, it's only a matter of time until someone finds out who's making counterfeit. A risky venture, but if you play your cards just right, you can get rich!

How about traitor objectives!
Let's say Syndicate wants you to be not just the richest person on the station, but reach above a specific amount like 50k in credits so you can pay off your debt. This can lead to fun ideas, like heists, counterfeit, and creative ways to make that dough to give back to the Syndicates in exchange for perhaps mercy or more!
Another objective would be to get a crew member on board with their ID getting above the estimated objective of how much they have. This could be the Sydnicates trying to place some heat onto an unsuspecting crew member and have Central all over their ass wondering how the hell did that slave wage get so much?! This can lead the traitor to finding out ways how to get that person rich by not just gifting them money, but perhaps other ways, kidnapping them and secretly putting enough money in their ID, and more!

I hope you all enjoyed this, I know this sounds stupid to some and even like a ripoff from Garrys Mod DarkRP servers, but I think adding more nonleathal objectives would make the people plan out more that not everything has to die, some just need to be deceived without knowing at all. Thanks for reading!
tumesuo
Byond Username: Tumesuo

Re: Traitor way of making money by producing Counterfeiting and new traitor objective!

Post by tumesuo » #602029

ss13 isnt darkrp and does not need money printers
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Traitor way of making money by producing Counterfeiting and new traitor objective!

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602030

tumesuo wrote:ss13 isnt darkrp and does not need money printers
it's a great idea and a fun one though, Would go good on Manuel.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #602070

really bad opinion. we need money printers and RDM

also u could make the money printer a QM or cargotech exclusive
SubRosa
Byond Username: LootnWoot

Post by SubRosa » #602146

I understand, and completely agree with you. All this simply is an idea for only traitors to have spend several of their TC to get their own money printer.
cocothegogo wrote:
really bad opinion. we need money printers and RDM

also u could make the money printer a QM or cargotech exclusive
And I think your idea to make the money printer a traitor Cargo employee role only is a great idea!
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #602206

I mean the issue is that unless Security is really hungering for valids no one's going to object to Cargo getting free money, especially if the QM is otherwise being helpful and putting crate orders through or whatever (particularly under this new objective that would replace any objective that involves stealing a high-risk item, murdering someone or generally doing anything obstructive to the round). Like, I could definitely see people just ignoring this on every station except Terry and maybe Manuel on a day where we actually have Security. This is the definition of a non-issue traitor item.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #602277

TBH, if the counterfeit money can be used to buy crates, this is going to be even more popular for friendlytraitoring than "I sure hope nobody emags all of our consoles, we're stepping out for a bit, bye! Please don't emag our things in the next five minutes, teehee!"

I would honestly kind of be into it as a non-traitor but clearly illegal thing, similar to making a shitload of free meth and the like.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #602339

a lot of the items are balanced around a cap of 20 tc in both their own value and how they combo with other items. if you could very easily and regularly lift that you would probably start seeing nerfs to your favorite combinations and certainly the new ones created by this mechanic.

In regards to credits, the same would apply to cargo crates. If you could reliably get the same 5000 gun crates every round because a traitor can just buy the bro printer it would definitely prompt nerfs to some of those items or make it difficult to acquire those items without the bro printer.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #602657

money is already weak as shit it doesn't need further inflating
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: