Space Station 13 Lore Chronicles

A place to record your ideas for the game.
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Space Station 13 Lore Chronicles

Post by legoscape » #603252

I've recently begun reading a bunch and I stumbled upon chronicles from Eve-online. Short detailed filled stories that explain the world around you as you fly through the vast expanses that is EVE Online. I want to do the same here and I'm beginning the first Chronicle, This chronicle will interlace and intersect into other chronicles, This is the "pilot episode" of chronicles. It explains the annihilation of earth, The birth of Bluespace technology, and hints at abductors. I'm currently looking for a word that details a great change or rapid occurrence like Ragnarok, Something violent and chaotic, A good title that makes the story stick! I'm already developing lore characters to help convay the story, And I will be going over all antagonists and I will even make short chronicles of well-known brands like Donk Co and such. How the beginning chronicles will start Bluespace > Intermediate > Syndicate Rise > ??? > ??? .

This is going to be a project for me to help develop the lore of ss13. If I give it a go and It is liked by many I'll try to revise the "Backstory Lore-Wiki" to provide in-depth and interesting content for players to read. For later Chronicles, I am looking to develop well-known players into the lore of space station 13, Specials I'll call them. They will go into detail about the character's details and it will help develop the story. Please let me know if you are interested in placing your character in a chronicle! Furthermore, I'm always down for more potential content to write about however, Ill need feedback and help if this is going to be a success give me ideas people! :pen: :paperwrote:

This is my first time really making a story I'm interested in, So content will be subject to change.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Re: Space Station 13 Lore Chronicles

Post by EOBGames » #603268

Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603318

I have another darker take on the story of space station 13. One that explains bluespace, And the hated relationships between nanotrasin and everything it considers a "enemy of the state". I want to use bluespace to explain the "magical" properties of wizards, The gods of the cults, The heretics powers, etc.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #603401

legoscape wrote:
I have another darker take on the story of space station 13. One that explains bluespace, And the hated relationships between nanotrasin and everything it considers a "enemy of the state". I want to use bluespace to explain the "magical" properties of wizards, The gods of the cults, The heretics powers, etc.
I mean it sounds interesting, I just felt I should clarify that the codebase only has one official canon lore, and it's that repository. I'd be happy to see how your work turns out, but like, I just get concerned when you're mentioning stuff like changing the wiki up since the old canon on there is still causing issues for the implementation of the newer lore 2 years on.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #603407

legoscape wrote:
this is called fanfiction and there is no shame in it and in fact it can be very cool
i have some you can read if you would like
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #603411

PKPenguin321 wrote:
legoscape wrote:
this is called fanfiction and there is no shame in it and in fact it can be very cool
i have some you can read if you would like
can you message me some? Anyways so orangs make this post public, the bluespace, and "nanotrasin" everything considered a "enemy of the state" seems like a interesting idea and could be part of policy discussion as well. Oranges please I beg of you just let me post on my own, the joke isn't funny anymore.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603458

EOBGames wrote:
legoscape wrote:
I mean it sounds interesting, I just felt I should clarify that the codebase only has one official canon lore, and it's that repository. I'd be happy to see how your work turns out, but like, I just get concerned when you're mentioning stuff like changing the wiki up since the old canon on there is still causing issues for the implementation of the newer lore 2 years on.
Oh yeah, I wasn't even aware that lore existed until now. The WIKI doesn't say anything about it! V:
I'm a bit sad about common core though, It feels like it doesn't explain stuff that could be very intresting.
legoscape

Post by legoscape » #603459

EOBGames wrote:
legoscape wrote:
I wasn't even aware the common core lore existed until few days ago V: Very sad that the WIKI was never updated and it's very out of date.
I want to explain the technical side of ss13 an explanation that gives wizards their powers, Bluespace crystals and much more.