Can we brainstorm some more station goals?

A place to record your ideas for the game.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Can we brainstorm some more station goals?

Post by JusticeGoat » #609383

Only three goals that rounds can spawn with is a bit boring, i feel like it would be kick ass if we could break it up with more variance. Does anyone have some good ideas for machines or construction projects that would be a station green text objective?
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Can we brainstorm some more station goals?

Post by Agux909 » #609384

A shipyard you have to build with certain size and part requirements.

Once online allows you to build custom shuttles and store them in a database. Depending on convenience, these shuttles can be in the database for a certain amount of time before being auto-deleted.

Finishing a custom shuttle will send a message to all sectors and allow them to use that shuttle (or in case that's impossible, only in the server they were built)

The shipyards are persistent through some rounds (2 or 3) of the same station, and can't pop up as a station goal while they persist on that station.

So say you are in Metastation and build one. Next round in Delta can have it as a goal. Next round in Box can have it as a goal. Next round in Meta can't have it as a goal because it's still there. So on and so forth.

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #609386

No common channel at all. Figure something out

The code to the spare locker starts in maintenance

All assistants are assigned to a single department. They spawn in their with common access and deputy style bands in the department colour

An area of maintenance starts overrun by hivebots, including printers. This causes massive power drain in the area

Several airlocks spawn emag bolted. Figure something out.

The station is extremely prone to anomalies. Like EXTREMELY. Better designate a team to handle them.

The pieces for an entire mech are scattered throughout maintenance. With dedication you can put it together.

Xenobiology starts off trashed and covered in evidence of a recent breach. Pens are smashed and it's a mess but there's some useful random gunk for cytology or slime breeding lying around.

Every airlock deducts 5 credits every time you open it. Door lube isn't free.

Several crew start with unpaid citations from a previous shift. It's up to security whether they want to collect.

The crusher starts emagged.

A hacked mulebot is flying through the hallways from roundstart
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #609388

Those are station traits Sticky, not goals!

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #609389

Oh i thought this was traits lmao
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #609394

Stickymayhem wrote:snip
these are all pretty bad sticky
► Show Spoiler
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #609395

Ok but those are sick ass station traits tho.

Eitherway, Station Goal ideas:
-> Make 100k Credits (Many departments can help - Hydro, Atmos, Xeno, Mining, etc. A station goal that everyone can contribute is cool)
-> 12 pieces of something (a mech? a gun? a bicycle? no idea, but whatever it is it'd be something cool) were scattered on maintenance. Go find and assemble it.
-> Centcom Bluespace Battery: A blue SMES, bluespace wired to be able to hold A LOT of power. And I mean A LOT; just your standard SM + solars setup won't do it. Will require the construction of a second engine or some exquisite SM setups to reach the power level Centcom wants you to.
-> Nanotransen Threat Console: A computer that, when used, summons a mid-round antagonist. You do know beforehand what antagonist it will be so you can prepare accordingly. Needs Captain or HoS' ID to work. After 3 uses, the console is deactivated and the goal complete.
I remade the beach away mission
chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Post by chesse20 » #609398

Protect the [x] family! (Roundstart someones last name gets shared with up to 3 other players and they are considered a family and its a goal to make sure they all get home safely. Also emergent rp will appear)

Save the Prince[x/ss) (there is a frog that you can kiss and when when one specific person on the station kisses they will return to their human form which is a prince/princess/princex(and becomes a ghost role] and we will be rewarded with cool end of round grief swords provided by the royal family)

Lets build! (x amount of new walls and floors need to be built by the end of the round, does not count repairing or replacing where floors and walls already were round start)
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #609400

The threat computer, shuttle yard and protect ideas sound fun!

What if there was a goal to make a "cloning machine" where chemistry needs synthflesh factory, hydro needed to make some kind of biomass plant, atmos would need to make some kind of healium gas or something to feed the machine, last would be genetics giving the machine dna for the body. Pop in brain or dead person to make a new one.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #609402

Bluespace Battery sounds amazing.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #609407

Power transfer laser beam that can sell power for credits?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #609420

EuSouAFazenda wrote:Ok but those are sick ass station traits tho.

Eitherway, Station Goal ideas:
-> Make 100k Credits (Many departments can help - Hydro, Atmos, Xeno, Mining, etc. A station goal that everyone can contribute is cool)
-> 12 pieces of something (a mech? a gun? a bicycle? no idea, but whatever it is it'd be something cool) were scattered on maintenance. Go find and assemble it.
-> Centcom Bluespace Battery: A blue SMES, bluespace wired to be able to hold A LOT of power. And I mean A LOT; just your standard SM + solars setup won't do it. Will require the construction of a second engine or some exquisite SM setups to reach the power level Centcom wants you to.
-> Nanotransen Threat Console: A computer that, when used, summons a mid-round antagonist. You do know beforehand what antagonist it will be so you can prepare accordingly. Needs Captain or HoS' ID to work. After 3 uses, the console is deactivated and the goal complete.
Honestly all of these ideas sound really cool.

Would 100K credits be gross value or net value?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Noodlecat
Byond Username: Noodlecat

Post by Noodlecat » #609428

Bluespace Gigaminer: A structure that when on generates large amount of mats into the ore silo, however if it is not constantly monitored and configured while on it may spit out some hostile lava,and fauna, god help everyone if it gets emagged.
BokehSynapsid
Byond Username: BokehSynapsid

Post by BokehSynapsid » #609448

animal refuge: build a room with x of a certain animal inside. this can range from corgis, to monkeys, to bees, to bears.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #609464

Short Range Rail Gun
Allows the construction of missiles and Supply pods which may then be launched at any coordinate in range. Supply pods are heavier(because anything, from an oxygen canister in an emergency to a TTV in what will become one, could be inside it) and so require more fuel for the same range. Fuel is gas. Basic fuel is Oxygen + plasma, with the mix proportions affecting the range of the device, but Freon + a different oxidant would be needed for targeting the whole Z-level. A camera console would be used to target the payload, rejecting any coordinate out of range.
The hope would be that it would have utility use if used by the crew, as it's supply pods could hold whatever is of need in an emergency, but if a bad actor took control you are getting carpet bombed by diseased corpses or rouge borgs to close the gap between ss13 borgs and FTL boarding drones
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #609483

Syndicate Eradication - on another z-level, a large Syndicate installation spawns, with large amounts of Syndicate simplemobs and equipment, with some sort of Syndicate General or Head Operative at the center/end of the installation. The goal is to kill that General or Head Operative, with the reward being whatever loot you can scavenge from the Syndicate station. Of course, this could lead to powergaming issues and would be heavily involved mapping-wise, but it'd be a departure from the "build thing" station goals we've had for what feels like forever.
Space Cartography - on each z-level in space and on Lavaland/the Icemoon, there is a special beacon structure with simplemobs guarding a special computer. Once these simplemobs are vanquished and the machine is activated (it may need to be wired/repaired/assembled/whatever), it reveals the location of all ruins on that z-level. Once all these computers are activated, the station receives a large windfall of credits and materials for fulfilling the mapping project, alongside perhaps some kind of unique reward (maybe a modified admin-RCD that only works on the non-station z-level, to encourage expansions into spess?).
Teleportation Network - at designated areas on station, special quantum pads have to be built, which then connect to a central hub (which may be on the CentComm z-level or have to be built by the crew). From the hub, crew members can teleport to any of the other quantum pads. This is a fairly simple idea (and replicable normally), but it seems the most in-line with what we have so far.

I also second the Bluespace Battery, Threat Console, and Ship Yard ideas.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #609487

Scientific Archive
3x3 structure, pop-scaling # of experiments to complete. Experiments are designed to be able to be completed by all departments, so med has "scan organs, perform surgeries, heal x amount of damage" (yeah sure this is all game-able but so is literally any of the materials study experiments who cares), sci has similar to what they have now, service has something similar to the public bounties system with scanning/sending food/drinks/plants/etc, sec has.... something, cargo has lavaland fauna to scan dead/various types of crates to scan or ship, engineering has X number of joules to produce or moles of gasses

completing the archive will unlock all research, if it's not done yet, including BEPIS and maybe a few things that can't be unlocked normally like the rapid light placer or some shit as well as a flat 50% on materials costs of making shit or something along those lines
Justification: This IS a research station.

Deathsquad Soldier Production
Beacon, ordered from cargo, sends down "sedated" (catatonic) humans - you have to perform experimental surgeries on them, augment certain body parts, give them certain genes, order gear and equipment that's DNA-linked (can't be used by regular people), and outfit them before shipping them back
surgeries, body parts, gear, genes, etc is selected from a list of possibilities for each person - after completing pop-scaled number of people, station goal is complete. Ordering a sedated soldier-to-be costs a small amount of money, the gear you buy from cargo costs a decent bit, but completion and sending up rewards significantly more money than put in, so it's a decent way to make cash for the station - in addition, completion of the goal unlocks... maybe type-II SWAT gear + other benefits for the crew to help them become a bit stronger through medical/genetics/robotics/etc.
Justification: Deathsquad soldiers are more than just meat in suits, they're purpose-"built" for the job. Of course, building soldiers takes time, manpower, and money, so occasionally loading some of this work to stations lets Nanotrasen produce soldiers faster, and typically for cheaper too.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin

Post by JusticeGoat » #609526

For ice box it would be neat if you could make a shield dome that covers the station zlevel from blizzards.

or maybe a weather machine on lava world?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #609545

cSeal wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:snip
these are all pretty bad sticky
No actually they are good you are mistaken
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #609562

Break the Curse: station is built on an alien burial ground so inordinately prone to spooky ghost hijinx and paranormal shennanigans. Locate and gather all the scattered remains of the ancestral spaceanoids located on and around the station z-level, have them blessed with a bunch of holy water, and take them to the Lavaland necropolis door to deposit them on the other side so the disturbed spirits may rest
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #609564

Super bounties:

Centcomm requests mass production of "ITEM", e.g. maxcaps, atmos gas, mechs, etc

A certain number must be delivered via shuttle.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #609661

A particle accelerator that you have to complete without some chucklefuck ruining it and destroying the station
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613848

There are some nice ideas here and there could be more. I'd hate for this thread to dissapear into oblivion, so here goes a bump.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #613920

You have to breed and sell a certain amount of xenomorphs containing all the different types to Centcom, perhaps on the rounds when the egg spawns in xenobiology
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: