Mancatcher - Prisoner Push-Brooms

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Mancatcher - Prisoner Push-Brooms

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #612595

Recently being on server, I was impressed with the efficacy of push brooms ability to glide items across the floor. I set to thinking about the no-pull-away grip gloves and other things and if there was a better way to steer prisoners about. I had a idea, then did a little research.

So here we are, Mancatchers, I don't really have any input on anything stylistically but functionally ill explain.

Above diagram isn't quite realistic for the game, but shows the control a mancatcher can theoretically have over the movements of a person. Aiming for the head will after a few moments, snare a person and make them subject to the will of your two-handed control of the mancatcher in your hands, as you brush the person to and fro like candywrappers in your path. Where you move, the prisoner moves infront of you, when you turn, the prisoner does too.

It can't hold people unrestrained for very long unless they are willingly letting the mancatcher move them, as they will be able to resist out of the device in expense for some considerable head-damage or if they attempt to move by themselves they will recieve some discouraging edged damage and go on a timer before they can try moving again. It is also vunerable to breaks in concentration in holding the mancatcher can release the snare, and doesn't work as effectively on those who are currently edged immune (inside a hardsuit/edge proof golem skin, though they can still be driven around, just not hurt)

Spoiler: