Families on LRP

A place to record your ideas for the game.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Families on LRP

Post by sinfulbliss » #615557

First I just want to say I was around when Families was an active gamemode on LRP, and I hated it so much I posted a feedback thread (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 10&t=27182). I understand Families was removed since everyone agreed it was terrible back then.

An admin tried it on LRP as an event recently and I actually think it can work really well if a few things are changed. There just need to be some minor adjustments to make it work for LRP, too. The main issues on LRP were these:

- Undercover space cops were either totally useless, or teamed up with sec to go on a gang killing spree.
- Space cops just murdered everyone including sec.

I believe a couple changes will make it work on LRP:

- Instead of sunglasses which can be used by sec to validhunt gangs on low alert, give undercover space cops an implant that allows them to see gang status. Prevents sec from knowing who the gangsters are and therefore prevents them from immediately murdering them.
- Give cops their own radio comms so they can communicate with each other about the status of security/gangs. This encourages them to perform as a unit.
- Include a grace period once space cops are spawned so they can be briefed on the situation by the undercover cops that were investigating. Otherwise they have no way of knowing who to fight, and (as was the case) just fight everyone including security, which makes it a massive TDM clusterfuck. If sec was behaving brutally, the undercover cops would inform the space cops of this, and sec would be considered a target along with the gangs. Otherwise the space cops would just help stop the gangsters.

Here were the undercover cop objectives, for reference:
Spoiler:
-
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Families on LRP

Post by Mothblocks » #615567

Families will never exist on LRP so long as the main mechanic is still voluntarily choosing to be an antagonist

You will also be hard pressed to find Goof supporting bringing back undercover cops and space cops, especially by the accounts he witnessed on specifically LRP
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<