Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Gun Hog » #231881

Bottom post of the previous page:

Allow people with reagent scanning equipment (silicons, ghosts, humans with certain headgear) to see the contents of syringes.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #231921

the QM is worthless and will remain so for eternity.
私は完璧
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #231925

Remie Richards wrote:Cargotechs are worthless and will remain so for eternity.
Fixed
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #231950

I want to buff the advanced mop to make its own water, like the experimental welder does. Make it be something janitors REALLY want. Thoughts?

Speaking of janitors, I would like to add upgrades for the Janitor borg: Advanced mop and bluespace trashbag upgrades. I do not think Janiborgs ever got any love. (This would be a separate PR to the mop buff)
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #231962

Advanced mop could be the infantry equivalent of the floor buffer.
Combine advanced mop and coffee and you clean floors sanic style.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #231975

Remie Richards wrote:the QM is worthless and will remain so for eternity.
Give QM vault access so he can manage the stations finances [see: steal the documents].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #231977

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:the QM is worthless and will remain so for eternity.
Give QM vault access so he can manage the stations finances [see: steal the documents].
I was actually doing a big writeup about this exact thing but I deleted it because I thought it was a bad idea.

I was gonna say make the QM more like a Warden, the finances are his armory, make the vault something he has closerish access to, but still have a way of tracking his entry and his transactions; have a way for Cargo Techs to need to either find their own cash or get financing from HeadOfFinance QM to be able to order that insulated gloves crate they always order right before fucking off and never seeing the inside of cargo again because theyre basically just Yellowtide
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #231981

Gun Hog wrote:I want to buff the advanced mop to make its own water, like the experimental welder does. Make it be something janitors REALLY want. Thoughts?

Speaking of janitors, I would like to add upgrades for the Janitor borg: Advanced mop and bluespace trashbag upgrades. I do not think Janiborgs ever got any love. (This would be a separate PR to the mop buff)
I think every borg module should have at least one unique upgrade.
Engie borgs could have an efficiency module that lets them carry more metal/glass/wires and makes construction with the RCD drain ~25% less power.
Peacekeepers get an armour enhancement that increases their damage resistances and strengthens their barriers.
Service cyborgs get the full list of drinks to their internal soda/booze dispenser shaker. Possibly a microwave module as well.
Medical cyborgs get an expansion to their hypo to produce other medicines. Like the eye and ear medicine, mannitol, mutadone, potassium iodide and about 5u of omnizine.
Janiborgs get the bluespace bag/advanced mop as mentioned.
Standard cyborgs I'm not so sure about. Possibly a module expansion that gives them a proper piece of equipment from the other modules. Like the basic version of the mediborg's hypo, the miner's basic drill, the engie's unenhanced RCD, The PK's weak barrier generator, the service borg's stripped down shaker and the janiborg's normal trashbag.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #231998

Put a 5 minute lock on law upload consoles to stop command and various antags from buttrushing the upload.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #232083

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #232147

Add heat-resistant plasglass and radiation resistant uranium glass so I can make a proper supermatter set-up without worrying about it blinding/stunning/cremating anyone nearby when it goes critical.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #232150

Anonmare wrote:Add heat-resistant plasglass and radiation resistant uranium glass so I can make a proper supermatter set-up without worrying about it blinding/stunning/cremating anyone nearby when it goes critical.
Just copy VG, they 'borrowed' our TGUI button system. Seems fair

How about silver silicate protective spray paint or official tinting mixture paint?

Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #232152

It's december. Security armor should all be replaced with winter coats by now. Same with everyone else.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #232694

I was going to code this myself but I'm busy with coding something else so i'll just post this here and maybe it will get made.

Basically just a menu ghosts have, that shows them all available ghostroles on the map so we don't have to use the POI list and can just include everything in the menu. It should include both a "use" and "jump to" button in the menu. So then you can always open the menu and see every available drone shell and etc, because at the moment it only announces ghostroles on creation.
I lurk quite often...
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #232710

Remove Wish Granter ruin from Lavaland

Remove AoE damage mode from Tendril chest.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #232711

Wish Granter is fine tbqh
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #232716

D&B wrote:Wish Granter is shit tbqh
Fixed
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #233078

Make ninja stars stackable. They don't have to stack automatically, but that would be pretty useful when starring someone and waiting for them to fall out.

Let's say you hold a cluste rand you throw it:
instead of acting as a cluster and embedding as one/or many in one spot , what if they fanned out like buckshot?

Or for more calculated, timed assaults, the user holds the cluster and repeatedly draws a star from the handful during the assault insetead of reaching into this pesky box.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #233086

A elephant gun rifle that shoots shotgun rounds but converts it into strong single projectiles. Can also fire entire potatoes as substitute ammo.

Spoiler:
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #233088

Shotgun slugs are a thing.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #233097

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Shotgun slugs are a thing.
I mean a straight up elephant gun. I guess shotgun slugs count but i want it to be a monster of brute force, single barrel and higher force.

> Naturally add space elephants to counter mice.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #233234

Let us make brass and runed golems.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #233529

That effect the singulo has, that stuns you without mesons? That needs to be a wizard power. Or a cult power. Or just a 'power' that exists.

It could be part of a new mob/event: crack in time lets an echo of the past/future seep into the station. There is now an Unwhole-Person on the station. It seeks to touch the nearest living thing, anything, to become Whole again. Either if it touches a Human mob, it becomes a hostile npc of that person exactly, or an animal, whereupon an evil duplicate is made using a ghost to control it. Maybe it stuns you with its gaze of staring into nothingness to allow itself to get closer.

Alternative: make the human-type duplicate ultimate goal to supplant the original and is in all effects nearly-identical. Note that while it may find an evil person, and dopplegang them, their overriding goal is to replace the original and nothing else. Simply existing is all that 'thing' will be for, for whatever long term end-game a piece of nothing might have.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #233658

Gamarr wrote:That effect the singulo has, that stuns you without mesons?
?radiation?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #233665

Give the medical cyborg a module that can store an organ or body part that can be used in surgery.
Dagdammit
Byond Username: Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #233744

New vision type (like how x-ray is a vision type, gained through various means) called "Hunter Vision". Hunter Vision is a tradeoff- all the tiles behind your character (so a little less than half the screen) have limited vision as though you were wearing welding goggles. Meanwhile, for the 180-degree arc your character's facing in, you instead get thermals.

Not sure where you'd use it, but I'd start with some kind of goggles you can find in lavaland which give the effect.
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #233745

Oh, and add magboots to mining point rewards. Air pressure differences + proximity to lava gets real frustrating after a while.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #233776

Dagdammit wrote:New vision type (like how x-ray is a vision type, gained through various means) called "Hunter Vision". Hunter Vision is a tradeoff- all the tiles behind your character (so a little less than half the screen) have limited vision as though you were wearing welding goggles. Meanwhile, for the 180-degree arc your character's facing in, you instead get thermals.

Not sure where you'd use it, but I'd start with some kind of goggles you can find in lavaland which give the effect.
If it's tendril loot, it ought to be cursed, something that you can't just switch off and on when you need it
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #233786

DemonFiren wrote:Let us make brass and runed golems.
Only if they get autocult to said antag
The future is horrible!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #233788

Ezel wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Let us make brass and runed golems.
Only if they get autocult to said antag
Well, duh.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #233793

Also, for the love of God, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us preview weapon skins.
Especially null rod skins.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #233795

DemonFiren wrote:Also, for the love of God, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us preview weapon skins.
>previes pitchfork keep tab open hear blob is confirmed press no and pick god hand
The future is horrible!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #233797

If you absolutely must powergame that, then fine.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #233800

Allow custom character looks for Clown and Mime.
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #233854

You mean how the person looks beneath the outfut and mask?
Kel-the-Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #233857

DemonFiren wrote:Also, for the love of God, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let us preview weapon skins.
Check the wiki. It has images for all the various chaplain weapon skins, AND how they differ from one another.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #233860

Dagdammit wrote:You mean how the person looks beneath the outfut and mask?
I think they mean setting mask styles to a universal mask, a bit like chaplain weapon etc.

Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #233868

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
I think they mean setting mask styles to a universal mask, a bit like chaplain weapon etc.
I meant how the person looks beneath the outfit and mask. Skin, hair, specie, etc.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #233875

You can craft a wooden prosthetic leg (pegleg) out of wood planks.
Lumbermancer wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
I meant how the person looks beneath the outfit and mask. Skin, hair, specie, etc.
That's literally just your character customisation on character setup, the mask & clothes come extra.

Get out of here meme

Spoiler:
Dagdammit

Post by Dagdammit » #233893

FantasticFwoosh wrote:You can craft a wooden prosthetic leg (pegleg) out of wood planks.
Lumbermancer wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
That's literally just your character customisation on character setup, the mask & clothes come extra.

Get out of here meme
He wants to have the character look different when they get the clown & mime role. It's a pretty specific scenario, personally I don't see a need for it.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #233894

If you donate to byond you get extra character slots :^), just use one of those for your dedicated clown.
(this is actually true you get 8 instead of 3)
私は完璧
D&B

Post by D&B » #233902

Do you have to donate to the server or byond?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #233904

D&B wrote:Do you have to donate to the server or byond?
Byond, it uses IsByondMember(), a built in byond function, to check you're a byond member.
it also gets you:
* ghosts sprites.
* orbit styles.
* change your name's colour (not the entire text, like admins get) in OOC.
* little icon in OOC. (optional)
私は完璧
D&B

Post by D&B » #233908

That's snowflake as fuck.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #233920

Clown/mime mask needs to be done cosmetically via, well, cosmetics/make-up already. As a mime you can't also be a bad French cigarette-smoking stereotype at the same time because of the whole 'mask' business.

As to the mask alternative styles, simply make the mime/clown jobs 'trained' and able to apply the make-up to anyone else as well as themselves. Bleh bleh, metagaming via forcing someone to do someones make-up is equal parts hilarious and 'if it happens, it happens.' Would be useful for mass gatherings of like-dressed people shouting VIVA or as a gang motif.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #233994

D&B wrote:That's snowflake as fuck.
pay up bitch
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #233996

Remove Double Agents. How is this mode even supposed to work when a target can just buy a mulligan and a fake ID and forever be a unidentifiable? Not to mention that everyone is moving around the map looking for their target. It just seems like an open invitation to murderbone because hey, one of them might be your target/the guy out to get you. Make it so that regular traitors may have other traitors as targets instead.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #234002

Dagdammit wrote:He wants to have the character look different when they get the clown & mime role. It's a pretty specific scenario, personally I don't see a need for it.
Why would you not want meme jobs like Clown and Mime to look differently than your human character? I want a wacky hairdoo with bright colors when I Topkek, but not when i Schlomo.

Character slot doesn't help.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #234007

Gamarr wrote:Clown/mime mask needs to be done cosmetically via, well, cosmetics/make-up already. As a mime you can't also be a bad French cigarette-smoking stereotype at the same time because of the whole 'mask' business.

snip
Spraypaint your face white.

It works my clown, Scottish Mac who is a chain drinker and legendarily unfunny, if you really need the last touch, add red lipstick ontop of the ultra pale manual paintwork.

Suggestion - Makeup kits for preset putting decals on your face for literal non clown mask, masks then port this over to the customisation as before to arrive wearing the painted decal, but roundstart clown/mime decal's dont come off (with accidental splashing, or washing your face with water)

Spoiler:
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #234215

Use grenade casings+shotgun shells+trigger assemblies to create traps that can be put in containers. Alternatively/additionally allow improvised shotguns to be rigged up as stationary directional traps.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #234391

I've been making that suggestion for months now. I wish I could into code so I could make it myself.