Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Anonmare » #234391

Bottom post of the previous page:

I've been making that suggestion for months now. I wish I could into code so I could make it myself.
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #234436

Add a destructive analyzer board in the derelict for the very little chance of a drone doing their own research to make the derelict great again!!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #234652

Also, let us orbit drone shells in the haunt menu.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #234737

Make so sodacans break the microwave
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #235956

Sideantags by way of "A squad of soviet soldiers/prohibition era gang/cowboys/knights/musketeers/Romans have come to the station via a timewarp!"
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #235960

Onule wrote:Add a destructive analyzer board in the derelict for the very little chance of a drone doing their own research to make the derelict great again!!
You can leech the RnD levels off the station from any z level AFAIK.

The really hard thing would be getting a circuit imprinter board or a bunch of acid.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #236193

Let viro inject rats with one disease and make them carriers, so when you go rat hunting in maint to get rid of the broken wires you run the risk of space AID's
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #236432

You should be able to mess with machines to set-up traps better. Preferably it should be possible to accomplish with items that are not antag-specific and can be done by anyone with the skill, tools and time. Such as:

Screwdrivering and adding extra wires to light switches and replacing the cover will make them shock people who flick them.

Adding an IED to a computer console or a machine frame during the construction will make it explode next time it's used.

Sleepers can be hacked and have two safety wires: a safety limiter wire that enforces a 20u limit of any chem to be injected into a person (removing the functionality from the matter bins as there's no reason why you would want to upgrade the sleeper's bins except to make it easier to kill someone), cutting this wire will allow a much larger amount of chemicals to be injected, and, a wire that determines if someone on the inside can get out on their own. Cutting the second wire means people will have to resist out of it, which takes 10 seconds but gives enough time of medical malpractice.

Cryo cells have a wire that gives a read out of the contents of a beaker, cutting it will cause it to read all chemicals as cryo fluid.

Fire alarms have a wire that when cut or pulsed, will cause it to believe there's a fire right in front of it. Cutting the wire will make it re-trigger a lockdown the fire alarm even if reset. Fire alarms with the cut wire will register an error on their interface.

People can be forced inside of cyborg chargers to trap them inside with a moderate amount of brute and burn them with electricity every once in a while (upgrading the chargers' power cell makes the shock bigger, upgrading the manipulators causes slow but steady amount of brute damage from the charger trying to "fix" whoever's inside). They can resist out of it on their own or be let out by a third party, they are not stunned during this.
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #236447

D&B wrote:
Onule wrote:Add a destructive analyzer board in the derelict for the very little chance of a drone doing their own research to make the derelict great again!!
You can leech the RnD levels off the station from any z level AFAIK.

The really hard thing would be getting a circuit imprinter board or a bunch of acid.
There's actually a beaker full of sulphuric acid near the soda machine is at, and a circuit imprinter board at the place with the turrets and the other R&D stuff.
Problem is, the only R&D board missing is, you've guessed it, and if no one does science, you can't print your own destructive analyzer, so you can't do research at all.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #236519

Lavaland ruin idea coming up-

Charon the Ferryman. A small, stone hut with a spawn for a skeleton man on the top edge of the map (placement intended to be near the gate/along the automatic lava river on north edge of map). Wears black robes, gets a scythe, has supply of 2-4 goliath raft-like vessels which are linked. Charon has the special ability that his scythe is fireproof and also doubles as his oar.
Give Charon coins to get up and down the lava flows.

Optional: Differing coins get different results, randomized each round. Example as, one particular round has plasma coins get you marooned at Charon's whim. Silver coins get you halfway before he dumps you into the lava. Etc. Maybe one particular coin type frees Charon from his duty.
This is a small, fluff ruin for providing some flavor in lavaland that I thought would be fitting and useful for anyone in the z-level if this spawn occurs.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #236820

Make the freedom implant unbuckle and escapes grabs
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
D&B

Post by D&B » #236880

Digging in lavaland should have a 1/100 chance to uncover a small note/piece of paper.

When put together it makes a diary of old survivors that perished before the station got built.

If enough scraps are gathered it should form a map that anyone can go to and dig to uncover treasure/sleeper to rescue someone trapped in cryosleep.

That person must afterwards serve their savior until they die etc.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #236926

damn gulag prisoners keep finding muh map
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #236986

Make Genetics a stability based thing a la Goon. Upgrading Genetics increases the limit to the stability.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #236988

^^^ Comet storms reduce stability.

Spoiler:
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #237046

When you hold a banana in your hand, you should be able to set Harm intent to hold it like a gun. Maybe you can squeeze it to shoot it at someone like throwing a pie.
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #237048

Lumbermancer wrote:
Gamarr wrote:That effect the singulo has, that stuns you without mesons?
?radiation?
I think he means the hypnotic effect where you get a message about not being able to look away (or however it's worded).
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #237325

Add a machine that will raise the atmospheric pressure of lavaland to breathable conditions as a colossus drop (since it doesn't drop anything useful right now anyways).
Unsure if there would be an easy way to do this without causing horrific amounts of lag.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #237336

Hatfish wrote:Add a machine that will raise the atmospheric pressure of lavaland to breathable conditions as a colossus drop (since it doesn't drop anything useful right now anyways).
Unsure if there would be an easy way to do this without causing horrific amounts of lag.
This kills the miner. Lavaland airpressure is set where it is because KAs can not operate fully in anything remote breathable, same with plasma cutters.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #237431

Check this out as a colossus drop
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/22370
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #237685

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:This kills the miner. Lavaland airpressure is set where it is because KAs can not operate fully in anything remote breathable, same with plasma cutters.
So you could go and get two of those handy KA mods that eliminates that penalty (which also gives those mods a legitimate use outside of murder, albeit a very conditional one). I'll give you plasma cutters though, the drop in effectiveness for those would suck real bad.
XDTM wrote:Check this out as a colossus drop
Oh, that's pretty neat. Glad to see the colossus finally get some love put into it.

Really, I'd see this more as a boon to the horde of bored greyshirts and engineers mid-round who are looking to sate their bloodlust by fighting valid walkers and megafauna/build a gigantic TEG to power the station ten times over.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #238471

Hatfish wrote:
Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:This kills the miner. Lavaland airpressure is set where it is because KAs can not operate fully in anything remote breathable, same with plasma cutters.
So you could go and get two of those handy KA mods that eliminates that penalty (which also gives those mods a legitimate use outside of murder, albeit a very conditional one). I'll give you plasma cutters though, the drop in effectiveness for those would suck real bad.
Yes, and it would still be a big nerf to KA's. Having to replace two of your mods with pressure mods.
D&B

Post by D&B » #238518

Hatfish wrote:
XDTM wrote:Check this out as a colossus drop
Oh, that's pretty neat. Glad to see the colossus finally get some love put into it.

Really, I'd see this more as a boon to the horde of bored greyshirts and engineers mid-round who are looking to sate their bloodlust by fighting valid walkers and megafauna/build a gigantic TEG to power the station ten times over.
We either force miners to spend minerals and research levels to gimp their pka customization potential and overall effectiveness of other mining related tools.

Or

We make squatters carry an oxy tank.

Really makes you think
Spoiler:
fuck you
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #239120

Raise esword cost, double eswords are so stupidly overpowered now with dismemberment and breaking down bolted doors.
Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #239605

Give Janitors access to glass from the ORE machine so they can make replacement lightbulbs.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #239629

ORM should have Supply/Science/Engineering/Custodial/Bartender/Chemistry access levels.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #239634

At this point we don't even need restrictions anymore.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #240419

Its not like assistants really wanting the minerals could screwdriver crowbar it anyways
The future is horrible!
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #240485

Make it possible to replicate some of the emag's functionality with the multitool/AI overrides.
Like using a multitool on a bot after unlocking it's interface and exposing it's working with a screwdriver allows you to enable/disable it's safeties, but it can be reset either by the AI or someone else quick enough.Or, deconstructing the crusher and multitooling the board, then re-assembling it disables its safeties.

While on the subject, remove morphine from sleepers by default but make it, and some other traitorchems, available if you either emag the sleeper or dissemble/multitool the board/re-assemble it.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #240486

What if you could randomly generate maintenance layout?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Dilithium
Byond Username: Dilithium

Post by Dilithium » #240884

Allow you to make Bananium by mixing 1 banana and 1 Titanium Ore in the mining smelter.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #240973

Dilithium wrote:Allow you to make Bananium by mixing 1 banana and 1 Titanium Ore in the mining smelter.
Are you sure this is a good idea?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #240980

DemonFiren wrote:
Dilithium wrote:Allow you to make Bananium by mixing 1 banana and 1 Titanium Ore in the mining smelter.
Are you sure this is a good idea?
Why not just make a catalyst by mixing 20 plasma with 100 units of banana juice to make Banana Oxide and then apply that to titanium/platinum sheets to make bananium

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #240984

>oxide
>no oxygen

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #241144

I mean, bananas are full of complex organic molecules that have oxygen in them if we are going full pendantic
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241145

Yes, but that's part of the bananium compound.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #241656

Let crowbars chisel through stone blocks at a very slow pace. This way if people end up in Lavaland, they can get around with the most common tool on the station.

Have it be terribly slow, like, 1/4 the speed of a pickaxe, but at least it's SOMETHING in case worst comes to worst.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #241708

DemonFiren wrote:>oxide
>no oxygen
>holding chemicals over laptop without cap
>having uncapped test tubes in a test tube rack
>with a substance that apparently requires elbow-length gloves to work with
>wearing a fucking button-down and tie under your lab coat
>storing chemicals in a graduated cylinder
>leaving mini-pipette in a fucking beaker full of shit

not a real chemist/10
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #241716

It is "mad chemist" for a reason.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #241719

mad becuz bad
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Reece

Post by Reece » #241761

Let me dip Donuts into coffee as a spesspolice
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #242067

Drywyn do you literally expect them to be naked underneath that labcoat? You'd be suprised to find that they are normal people & probably dont have time to bring two sets of clothes, how pretentious can you get when you have to get changed into your 'science suit'.

Also that's just food colouring in water, chill.

Actually why can't we make food colouring? More chalk colour recipies/a way to get a colour dye would be nice.

Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242152

Depending on the biosafety requirements for your lab you very well may be required to have a separate set of clothes. Don't understand what you have against a button down under a lab coat though dryn, other than it might be a bit hot if you are working near a flame. I usually just wear a t shirt
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #242181

Oh, that's not a safety issue at all, I've just never known any of the people I've worked with in labs to do that because it'd be terribly uncomfortable and super unnecessary. It's a "this gives away he is a stock photo model, not a chemist" thing rather than a safety issue.

Though a tie could theoretically be a safety issue.
Reece

Post by Reece » #242204

What chemists do you know? Aint no time for safety gear in my basement bomb lab
D&B

Post by D&B » #242215

Hell even when you embalm or prepare a body you usually don't change into a second set of clothes.

It's just more practical to cover yourself with the PPE and go to work.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242229

If you are working at biosafety level three or higher i think you are required to wear a clean set of clothes and decontaminate when you change between them. At the very least you need to do that at Biosafety level 4
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #242295

You aren't legally required to change clothes completely at BSL 3, but most bsl-3 facilities require it anyway, if I recall correctly.
calzilla1

Stock photos are dumb

Post by calzilla1 » #242296

Can someone buff bundles, some of them are really shit
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Drynwyn

Re: Stock photos are dumb

Post by Drynwyn » #242299

calzilla1 wrote:Can someone buff bundles, some of them are really shit
This is actually a really good idea, there's essentially no reason right now to buy a bundle over a Surplus Crate.
calzilla1

Re: Stock photos are dumb

Post by calzilla1 » #242344

Drynwyn wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Can someone buff bundles, some of them are really shit
This is actually a really good idea, there's essentially no reason right now to buy a bundle over a Surplus Crate.
Ill post here what I said in the other thread (and more ;))
Spy:Replace the switch blade with a butterfly knife doea massive damage and a stun when back stabbed but tiny amounts and shows your true name on anything but
Stealth:Add an EMP flash light
Bond: REMOVE
Screwed:idk maybe add an emag or ID
Guns: Look at /vg/ make it fucking ANY GUN oooooor a FUCK TON of random goof gun parts
Murder:Add a soap for SLIPPING ACTION!
Implant: Make it a macro bomb for the lelz
Hacker:Add an EMP flashlight
Lord Sing: Add a enrcypt key
Sabotage: 2 X4s and an emag
Dark Lord: idk I think its breddy balanced
Sniper: Add a pistol w/ spare mag and a disk that lets you print any 50 cal round
Metaops: Add an adrenal implant for maximum benny hill
Ninja:bolas