Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Jacough » #319440

Bottom post of the previous page:

One Seven One wrote:Let food placed in vendors persist between rounds.
They should spoil over time though.
Left over for one round: still fine
Two rounds: starting to go bad, probably a bit stale or sour. Still fine to eat but doesn't give as many nutrients
Three rounds: spoiled. Eating this shit makes you puke and lose nutrients

Gotta rotate that inventory cuz
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #319515

Toy TTVs! A subtype of the normal TTV that, instead of mixing the attached tanks when activated, it simply plays an explosion sound and says "BOOM!". :honk: Throw them at Security officers!! :honkman:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #319517

That gives me an idea for a gag clown traitor item. A fake syndicate bomb. Looks like a syndicate bomb and beeps like a syndicate bomb but it has a little twist. Once it counts down to zero instead of exploding it makes a loud but ultimately harmless honk that can be heard from far away. Trying to tamper with any of the wires causes it to release a laughing gas that prevents anyone caught in it from talking while also making them laugh uncontrollably. Costs 5 TCs so you can order it along with a real syndicate bomb. Place them next to each other for a little game where security has to find out which bomb is the real one or synchronize their timers just right so that shortly after the fake bomb goes off and the crew is sighing with relief the real bomb goes off, killing dozens of people
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #319518

They should have different wires too. So if sec does manage to disarm the fake one, they can't use the wires to disarm the real one.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #319536

aren't bomb wires randomised anyway
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #319545

Security having a bomb blueprint (issues instructions on crafting recipie, talks you through it etc) with wire colors inside, but syndie bombs in response have randomised or

Allows you to quick craft full operational and armed bombs on the spot in the crafting menu.

Not enough people (I don't know either) even know how to approach to disarm a bomb because of the risk involved & the fact that practicing with the practice dummy in security isn't enforced in a way.

Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #319557

Ghostrole spawners are set at the bottom of the Orbit list, which is a great idea.

Can we do the same with randomgen structures at the bottom of the Teleport list, please?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #320021

Add a "junior photographer kid's camera" to the arcade machine prizes that looks and sounds exactly like a flash

cue the cries of "IT'S REVS" because some assistant is taking pictures of people in the bar

(basically the :flash: equivalent of the :toysword: )
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #320023

you know actually
what would be hilarious
is confetti-throwing versions of common syndicate explosives
a confetti minibomb
a confetti pizza bomb
a confetti deployable bomb
a confetti implant for the clown
confetti airlock charges for surprise parties

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320422

Golemstation Admin Button.

Turns every human, lizardman, flyperson, potatoperson, plantperson, plasmaman etc. into a random golem type.

Nothing else changes.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #320423

Like all admin buttons, this belongs in Shitty Suggestions.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #320568

fake explosive device:

when activated, it plays the explosion sound, it removes floor plating, damages plating, and lays down space-tile carpet to mimic a complete explosive breach.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320572

I kind of wish you could make space carpet from chemistry. Like mixing carpet and dark matter.

I want to spook people with fake hull breaching grenades.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #320595

Anonmare wrote:I kind of wish you could make space carpet from chemistry. Like mixing carpet and dark matter.

I want to spook people with fake hull breaching grenades.
Mix in some sonic powder for the authentic BANG.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #321978

port couches from /vg/.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #323738

Allow people to be buckled/cuffed behind mulebots. Deal 1 brute for every tile they're dragged, more if the mule is hacked to go faster.
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #325077

Add quicktime events when using melee weapons on mechs to deal massive damage.

Also play Rules of Nature from MGR when you do so.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #325415

>Add quicktime events

aaaaand you're going on my ignore list
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #325752

Inserting chemical reagents into a cybernetic heart (or a upgraded version) will make it produce that instead of blood, programmable in that sense into the bloodstream.

In such a case you want the heart to synthesise saline gluecose, so you spit out blue chemical blood, even using extracts of xenomorph blood in this way for green splatters.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #325759

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Inserting chemical reagents into a cybernetic heart (or a upgraded version) will make it produce that instead of blood, programmable in that sense into the bloodstream.

In such a case you want the heart to synthesise saline gluecose, so you spit out blue chemical blood, even using extracts of xenomorph blood in this way for green splatters.
Arent red blood cells produced in the liver though?

I am probably wrong but hey, I aint no real doctor.

Edit: wait no, Im all kinds of wrong, made in the bone marrow, and decomposed by the liver.

Thanks wikipedia.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #325811

I think the idea is not that it replaces your blood, but simply acts as a steady release pump
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #325825

Wyzack wrote:I think the idea is not that it replaces your blood, but simply acts as a steady release pump
I find it hard to believe that you somehow twisted meaning out of my very literal statement, it does replace blood but won't change your blood-type.

What.

Because is the game, the heart is responsible for your blood rather than approaching on realism with livers etc.

Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #325829

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I think the idea is not that it replaces your blood, but simply acts as a steady release pump
I find it hard to believe that you somehow twisted meaning out of my very literal statement, it does replace blood but won't change your blood-type.

What.

Because is the game, the heart is responsible for your blood rather than approaching on realism with livers etc.
hey dude I hate to rain on your parade but you need blood to be alive, saline glucose is additive and does not work as a whole substitute.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #325860

If you replace your heart's blood supply with it you can, which is in line with the suggestion to aid natural regeneration of your blood.

Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #325869

FantasticFwoosh wrote:If you replace your heart's blood supply with it you can, which is in line with the suggestion to aid natural regeneration of your blood.
have you ever successfully done this in game? The actual use of it is that it accentuates other blood. Although if you coded a blood substitute that had the same properties as blood that would be really cool for cyborgs
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #325887

Wait you meant to replace your actual blood with sugar water?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #325893

Nilons wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:If you replace your heart's blood supply with it you can, which is in line with the suggestion to aid natural regeneration of your blood.
have you ever successfully done this in game? The actual use of it is that it accentuates other blood. Although if you coded a blood substitute that had the same properties as blood that would be really cool for cyborgs
Empty corpse of blood on a IV drip, refill with substitute if you don't have a corresponding blood bag is the usual method, then revive with some strange reagent once all the parts are in place. Currently in code it's converted rather than replaced i think, for all intensive purposes you can play million dollar man and just salvage old bodies, run them through the augument & body cavity implant gauntlet to insert new brains into, strange reagent and voila! alive person without cloning.
Wyzack wrote:Wait you meant to replace your actual blood with sugar water?
Yes. Or any sample inserted into the cybernetic heart for it to synthesise, different bloodtypes etc, not really sure whether it should override your bloodtype but you could in theory as long as the chemical is not harmful, replace your blood with any reagent, like oil.

Mainly as nilons points out, for making cool custom cyborg/augument blood depending on the compound.

Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #326106

Give the life bringer vault a welding fuel tank or even just a sample of fuel so they can have welding fuel bees.

They can literally grow their own metal with tower cap mutants (steel caps) but it's in rod form so they need to melt it down to make anything airtight like girders for walls.

Nothing wrong with adding a few rooms onto the vault and they still need to shuffle their own airlocks around (needing fuel too) to keep it airtight so it would be a neato minor change.

Ashliggers already have a regenerating welder and they don't use it for jack shit.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #326127

Drinks ideas:

Maintenance Special
1 part Dr Gibb
1 part Space Cola
1 part Space Mountain Wind
1 part Space Up
1 part Welder Fuel
1 part Beer
Heat to 293K
Effects: Deals 2 toxin damage per tick while it's in your system, reduces stun/knockout times and heals stamina damage and also reduces melee damage by 2.
Description: Commonly found in maintenance bars, do not ingest without a doctor present.

Blue APC
1 part Anti-Freeze
1 part Beepsky Smash
2 parts Radium
Effects: Heats you up if cold, makes you stutter and reduces your beepsky threat level by 2 while it's in your system. Glass is shaped like an APC frame.
Description: Is it just you or does that camera look nervous?

Completely Ordinary Water
1 part holy water
1 part unholy water
Effects: Nothing, it's just water man.
Description: You aren't sure who you're offending with this drink.

Plasma Fire
1 part Toxins Special
1 part Syndicate bomb
1 part plasma
Effects: Greater chance of playing a bomb explosion when drinking, even moreso if drinker has a scientist ID. Heats you up if cold and heals burns. May actually cause a fire if left in the presence of plasma gas.
Description: Dedicated to the brave men and women of the Toxins department.

Iron Brew
5 parts iron
1 part Space-Up
Effects: Heals drowsiness. Gives you the jitters. Helps with blood regeneration. Scottish accent not included.
Description: Makes you want to smoke a cigarette outside the HoP Office.

Cultist Smash
1 part Holy Water
1 part Beepsky Smash
1 part Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster
Effects: Causes cultists and normies to become dizzy, confused and druggy. Cultists will be incapable of using magic or any of their artefacts whilst it is in their system. After a period of time, knocks cultists out. Causes everyone, including normies, to stammer cult speech as though being deconverted by holy water. Does not actually convert on its own. Can be purged like holy water.
Description: The Lord did not come to be served, but to serve.

Balanced Delight
1 part Whiskey
1 part Wine
1 part Beer
1 part Vodka
1 part Vermouth
1 part Gin
1 part Tequilia
1 part Rum
1 part Kahlua
1 part Cognac
Effects: Greatly grosses you out. Minor purgative effects on chems in your body and slightly heals toxin damage. Heals dizziness. Will make you throw up eventually.
Description: How can something made out of so much good be so awful?

Nar'sie's Blood
1 part Unholy Water
1 part blood
1 part Wine
Effects: Purges holy water and Cultist Smash. Heals brute/burn/toxin slightly faster than unholy water does in cultists. Toxic to non-cultists, poisoning them and making them hallucinate as though struck by a talisman of horrors. Causes cult slurring.
Description: o biai nabora se'sma!
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #326213

Incomptinence wrote:Give the life bringer vault a welding fuel tank or even just a sample of fuel so they can have welding fuel bees.

They can literally grow their own metal with tower cap mutants (steel caps) but it's in rod form so they need to melt it down to make anything airtight like girders for walls.

Nothing wrong with adding a few rooms onto the vault and they still need to shuffle their own airlocks around (needing fuel too) to keep it airtight so it would be a neato minor change.

Ashliggers already have a regenerating welder and they don't use it for jack shit.
Ill consider it if i make any map changes to the plant-person vault to tidy it up, its on my agenda. It needs more of a organisational workaround with the space rather than more rooms since the current setup is sloppy prefab stuff.

But remember that podpeople can make panel walls out of paper by crafting natural paper out of logs, then making frames with paper & planks which are also airtight.

Spoiler:
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #326344

Make plants you've added Slippery Skin to actually keep the slippery skin when they turn into a Walking Mushroom/Killer Tomato. Or at least make the grass tile slippery god damn it.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #327836

Add visual cues for weeds and pests in hydroponic trays [make them general so they can be set to the soil ones as well].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #328709

pests can just be classic 1 pixel flies darting around
weeds just tiny plants

fund it
私は完璧
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #329724

I don't know if it's because I am used to the singularity engine but having played with the SM for a few months now it just feels way too 'safe'. Very un-ss13 if you get what I mean.

Bring back the Singuloth.

Or I dunno, make the SM easier to sabotage and more interesting than just a big explosion. Big explosion is boring.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #329736

Rustledjimm wrote:I don't know if it's because I am used to the singularity engine but having played with the SM for a few months now it just feels way too 'safe'. Very un-ss13 if you get what I mean.

Or I dunno, make the SM easier to sabotage and more interesting than just a big explosion. Big explosion is boring.
You can make it turn into a tesla or a singularity in under 4 minutes if you know what you're doing.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #329785

Anonmare wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:I don't know if it's because I am used to the singularity engine but having played with the SM for a few months now it just feels way too 'safe'. Very un-ss13 if you get what I mean.

You can make it turn into a tesla or a singularity in under 4 minutes if you know what you're doing.

But can you fit a signaller somewhere in it so you can sabotage it remotely? It just seems very safe.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #329842

Rustledjimm wrote:
Anonmare wrote:

But can you fit a signaller somewhere in it so you can sabotage it remotely? It just seems very safe.
Put a signaller on the APC short wire to disable the filters with a power outage, forcing them to have to be manually reset to fix it. Not an efficient method but it works.
You can also disable the engineering radio channel, or all of t-comms, to suppress supermatter alerts.

The idea is that you actually have to do more than leave a console on 3 or snip a wire to destroy the station
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329936

The sec-segway should get defensive upgrades that allow it to shoot out dragnets and defensive plating (blocks laser and some bullet fire from the front via a front shield) so its actually viable later on to have officers patrolling on it, asking for them over the counter floor buffer style.

A way to slightly increase the speed of both (motor or something) wheels also for respective carts.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #329989

FantasticFwoosh wrote:The sec-segway should get defensive upgrades that allow it to shoot out dragnets and defensive plating (blocks laser and some bullet fire from the front via a front shield) so its actually viable later on to have officers patrolling on it, asking for them over the counter floor buffer style.

A way to slightly increase the speed of both (motor or something) wheels also for respective carts.
I might code this depending on your specific idea and how difficult it is to implement. As for speed, use a slime speed potion!
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #329994

don't.
私は完璧
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #330158

Remie Richards wrote:don't.
:cry:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #330207

Gun Hog wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:don't.
:cry:
do it anyway :P

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #332551

Recipes for artificial nutriment, blood and synthetic liquid gibs for chemistry

Nutriment:-
4 parts sugar
2 parts water
2 parts carbon
2 parts sodium chloride
Makes 1u instead of 10u
(careful you don't make saline-glucose by accident)

Synth blood recipe:-
10 parts saline-glucose
10 parts iron
5 parts nutriment
5 parts oxygen
Makes 5u instead of 30u.

Liquid gibs:-
15 parts blood
15 parts synthflesh
15 parts carbon
5 parts cryoxadone
Makes 10u of gibs instead of 50u
(Careful you don't make synthmeat)
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #332596

Make it so that the xenobiology consoles' recycler is directly tied to the monkey recycler machine, so upgrading the machine improves the efficiency of recycling monkeys through the consoles.

Also, make the slime recycler further upgradeable to increase the capacity of slimes held by the console at once from 5, and to suck slimes into itself faster.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #333924

Add a radiation treatment kit and give engineering a single one.
it contains:-
1x medical analyzer
1x epi-pen
3x synaptazine syringes
3x potassium iodide pills
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #334143

Combining a pressure plate and a grenade should make a landmine. Landmines inherit the grenade's properties
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #334159

Anonmare wrote:Combining a pressure plate and a grenade should make a landmine. Landmines inherit the grenade's properties
You can achieve this with signalers!
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #334303

Give standard cyborgs an RPED (Rapid Part Exchange Device) so they can upgrade machines! For the same cost and research of a normal BSRPED (BlueSpace Rapid Part Exchange Device), allow Robotics to build an upgrade to change those RPEDs to BSRPEDs.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #334341

- Please make Lightgeists into a random event. They're harmless creatures that are mildly beneficial to the station, and so rare that I have seen precisely one, but if they're made a random event they can pop up once in a blue moon instead of once every hundred thousand years or so.
- More golem types.
- Make it so that objects that have been suicided with - especially unique objects, and ESPECIALLY especially unique objects that have no other use - gain weak, mystical powers. The game already knows when (at least some) objects have been suicided with, and informs you of such (I'm thinking of the Medical Wrench); make it so that these objects can infer a minor boon upon the wielder, appropriate to that object.
- Make it so that Colossuses and Bubblegum have actual corpses alongside their loot, worth points to Centcom on the shuttle and filled with surgical wonders for medbay.
- Make it so that flight potions give a number of different wings, which could possibly have different effects. Different humanoid species have different chances to get the wings when they drink a flight potion (eg. flymen have more chance of getting fly wings, lizardmen have more chance of getting leathery wings).
Last edited by AnonymousNow on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #334381

Oh hey, always up for more golems!

Many of those suggestions are redundant or lacking a cool gimmick (the gibtonite golem shares the explosion with the plasma golem, for example), but the sinew floating golem seems like a nice addition

As for surgical wonders, i feel like the Voice of God is sadly very rarely used, i would like to see it in action sometimes
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #334425

XDTM wrote:Oh hey, always up for more golems!

Many of those suggestions are redundant or lacking a cool gimmick (the gibtonite golem shares the explosion with the plasma golem, for example), but the sinew floating golem seems like a nice addition
Yeah, I contributed to this doc, and was trying to think of as many materials as possible before adding effects, so I was running out of ideas.

Could make a gibtonite golem a walking maxcap on death, turning the station into that episode of Tom & Jerry with the white mouse.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.