Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Valorium » #600020

Bottom post of the previous page:

Laser pointers should be attachable to guns and activate on right-click. While attached as such, they don't blind, but they grant a bonus to accuracy if you hold someone up using a laser-pointed gun. Just for the fun "laser pointer on the chest" trope.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #600577

Acting captain priority doesn't really make sense right now. I've also started to see it become more common for people to queue up as heads only for the chance of being promoted to captain. The promotion should be in order of who could use the spare the most (barring the HoP). A better order, IMO, would be:

HoP > HoS > CE > CMO > RD > QM

HoP is first because HoP is typically tasked with command duties, and his job lends itself nicely to taking over as captain. HoS is second because, apart from being protected, AA is extremely critical for many HoS duties (checking on a bad AI, going into departments that have threats/murderboners, etc). CE is above the RD because he often has to repair things in any number of departments, while RD can stay in his department for the vast majority of his duties. CMO doesn't really need to leave medical very much, since the paramedics are the ones who should be leaving to search for bodies, so they're below the CE -- still above the RD though.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Fri May 21, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #600581

sinfulbliss wrote:Acting captain priority doesn't really make sense right now. I've also started to see it become more common for people to queue up as heads only for the chance of being promoted to captain. The promotion should be in order of who could use the spare the most (barring the HoP). A better order, IMO, would be:

HoP > HoS > CE > RD > QM

HoP is first because HoP is typically tasked with command duties, and his job lends itself nicely to taking over as captain. HoS is second because, apart from being protected, AA is extremely critical for many HoS duties (checking on a bad AI, going into departments that have threats/murderboners, etc). CE is above the RD because he often has to repair things in any number of departments, while RD can stay in his department for the vast majority of his duties.
I love how you included QM and not CMO lmao
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #600640

Screemonster wrote: I love how you included QM and not CMO lmao
Damn I knew I was forgetting someone. I'd put CMO about the RD but below the CE, because parameds are the ones who go out to search for bodies in other departments.
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #600661

sinfulbliss wrote:Acting captain priority doesn't really make sense right now. I've also started to see it become more common for people to queue up as heads only for the chance of being promoted to captain. The promotion should be in order of who could use the spare the most (barring the HoP). A better order, IMO, would be:

HoP > HoS > CE > CMO > RD > QM

HoP is first because HoP is typically tasked with command duties, and his job lends itself nicely to taking over as captain. HoS is second because, apart from being protected, AA is extremely critical for many HoS duties (checking on a bad AI, going into departments that have threats/murderboners, etc). CE is above the RD because he often has to repair things in any number of departments, while RD can stay in his department for the vast majority of his duties. CMO doesn't really need to leave medical very much, since the paramedics are the ones who should be leaving to search for bodies, so they're below the CE -- still above the RD though.
outside of the obvious "acting cap gets spare code" thing, chain of command is a pretty RP-heavy concept, I'd imagine
and from an rp standpoint as someone who has never played on our RP server, I'd think that the sec/captain distinction definitely needs to stay in place, because of the execution issue. Letting sec be ruled by someone who is also *acting captain* means, outside of admin intervention, free reign for the sec department if you get a shitter HoS. I've seen a shitter HoP literally hand out silver cards like candy and make "loyalists" to him into "nobles" with free silver cards to whatever head-of-department they asked for... as a non-antagonist.

I don't want this to ever happen with HoS and sec officers.
I think keeping HoS near the bottom of the command chain makes sense, even if he would be able to "use the spare better" (see: ignore everyone else in any department in order to validhunt better)
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #600668

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:outside of the obvious "acting cap gets spare code" thing, chain of command is a pretty RP-heavy concept, I'd imagine
and from an rp standpoint as someone who has never played on our RP server, I'd think that the sec/captain distinction definitely needs to stay in place, because of the execution issue. Letting sec be ruled by someone who is also *acting captain* means, outside of admin intervention, free reign for the sec department if you get a shitter HoS. I've seen a shitter HoP literally hand out silver cards like candy and make "loyalists" to him into "nobles" with free silver cards to whatever head-of-department they asked for... as a non-antagonist.

I don't want this to ever happen with HoS and sec officers.
I think keeping HoS near the bottom of the command chain makes sense, even if he would be able to "use the spare better" (see: ignore everyone else in any department in order to validhunt better)
I don't really follow. What is the execution issue? Cap and HoS can both authorize executions, and it's almost never actually utilized anyways. I don't really get what you mean by "free reign for the sec department." Only the HoS would have AA if he's acting cap. The other officers won't have free reign over the whole station. Besides, shitter acting captains are going to exist in every role, as you just mentioned with the HoP.
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #600674

sinfulbliss wrote:What is the execution issue? Cap and HoS can both authorize executions, and it's almost never actually utilized anyways.
Only the Captain or acting captain is allowed to authorize executions.
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #600723

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I've seen a shitter HoP literally hand out silver cards like candy and make "loyalists" to him into "nobles" with free silver cards to whatever head-of-department they asked for... as a non-antagonist.
I will shamefully admit this sounds like a funny as fuck gimmick as long as I'm not the one having my department turned into someone else's fief.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #600786

Pandarsenic wrote:
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I've seen a shitter HoP literally hand out silver cards like candy and make "loyalists" to him into "nobles" with free silver cards to whatever head-of-department they asked for... as a non-antagonist.
I will shamefully admit this sounds like a funny as fuck gimmick as long as I'm not the one having my department turned into someone else's fief.
gets a lot less funny when the hop handed out guns to his "nobles" who went around executing people for having ""insulted him""
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #600787

Understandable, yeah, that would be pretty shit.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #600865

Would be nice to have a quick option to disable all antag roles, rather than having to go through the list.

Stunbaton defib I think is broken.

An option to downgrade grab - currently you can't go from aggro grab to passive grab without stop pulling.

Clicking your uniform with a different uniform should auto-replace it.
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #600871

Stun baton defib isn't broken, I used it like this month-ish.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #600875

Jaredfogle wrote:Stun baton defib isn't broken, I used it like this month-ish.
Weird. Guess it was just something particular interfering.

Another suggestion: make revs have a clearer "win" versus "loss" roundend text. It's kinda broken right now after this PR: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/55956 .

The issue is that the roundend screen does not adequately show rev greentext versus crew greentext. As a result some pretty ridiculous situations can happen. For instance: all heads die, leading to rev "win." Then all heads are brought back, kill all headrevs, and all former revs. Who won? Technically the revs, but that doesn't make much sense.

The "command approval rating" isn't a fun mechanic IMO. All antags currently have some roundend text to show win/loss, except revs. A fix could be as simple as a "loyalist major victory/rev major victory" text, or as complex as adding in a mechanic for revs/crew to be overturned if heads are brought back.
Spoiler:
bean_sprout
Byond Username: Barber_Ferdinand

Post by bean_sprout » #601558

New botany trait: Filtered Chemicals

All produce start with max purity reagents, but halves yield. Mutually exclusive with Densified Chemicals.

A good candidate could be sweet potatoes, red onions, or maybe fruiting cactus.
Randamm
Byond Username: Qen10

Post by Randamm » #601814

Maybe a dumb idea, or something already done, but...

Capturing Lavaland fauna to experiment !

I thought it would be cool to add a new task for miners : capturing fauna in lavaland. Could be also a science/xenobio side job.Stun the beast, put it in a cage and deliver it to a special containment area of Xenobio to study. It could also be critters, dedicated mobs, inoffensive ones (until injected with plasma or mutagen),clowns, or dangerous ones.

I think it could bring new and interesting rooms for interactions :
- It could be bountied from science/medicine to miners through the bounty board (interactions between cargo/mining and science and/or sec) to fetch specific species,
- Cargo could sell some for cargo money or bounties,
- Xenobio could study them for research points (bonus points /s for X creatures in containment), or for producing stuff/unlocking research techs,
- Cytology with crossbreeding, making safe versions of mobs, sentience, making reagents for cytology to be self sufficient.
- Nanitings them for extra points or unlocking new kinds of nanites ?
- Toxins for studying the effects of gaz on the fauna ?- Medicine for harvesting fauna organs and transplants ? (super lungs breathing plasma, special blood, super ears or eyes, tail)
- Chemist for specials reagents when grinded- Captain/Station objective to ship modified fauna to centcomm, and heads to allow or not the presence of such species on the station

More of a stretch :
- Virology to unlock some diseases perks- Geneticist for new genes/faster research through scanning
- ""PVE"" for sec, or science asking for someone to supervise operations
- Cook for cooking
- Botany to unlock some species

Of course, it would also allow having dangerous species on board with a risk of breach, an opportunity for traitors of all kinds.It would need to be manipulated with care and sedated when transported and studied.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #601860

To give money more value, add NFTs. When a painting enters persistence, make it belong to the ckey of the person who hung it. Then enable people to sell the paintings they own to other people using some in-game interface. These people can then get the original painting whenever they want (assuming it doesn't already exist that round) while other people can only get prints of it using the curator's console (which would be similar to posters, instead of the canvases they currently are). You could use the existing out of game database to see who owns what. Money would probably need to persist though, but only for the purpose of things like this.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #601870

That would probably be easily manipulated, though - say someone rolls traitor, buys a syndicate briefcase of cash for a whopping 1 TC and offers to buy a painting off of someone for 5,000 credits - which would be hard to turn down if I were in the market to sell my painting. That'd kinda upset the market balance.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601894

How does it upset the market balance? I'm not saying it doesn't, just wondering what you mean. The money is earned during the shift through whatever means, balanced or not, and it's up to players how much they want to accept for their paintings.

I'm not saying the idea would even work. I'm just always thinking about ways to try to give money more value. Right now, after a few thousand credits you no longer feel like you need any more. People get more for the round end report or to push the limits of what they thought was possible but what can you spend it on? The cargo bicycle, I think. If you could buy shit players actually want at high prices then you would have strong money because there would be a strong incentive to accumulate as much of it as possible.
NSFW:

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #601900

To better reflect the use of NFTs, you shouldn't actually get the original, either. Just a token that says your ID owns the original, and if someone steals your ID or you don't have your ID or someone else just walks off the original, you're shit outta luck.

(Also idk about anyone else but with persistent money I would do what I sometimes already do with traitor anyway in slow rounds: Buy 10-20 briefcases full of cash and shove them all into my own ID.)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #601903

Ideas are free. They don't have to come out perfect or fully formed.

Ownership would probably be tied to your ckey. It would enable you to have the original drop podded in if it doesn't already exist in that round. The originality would be evident by it being on a canvas, while the curator's console would only allow you to print posters. Persistence already checks CRC so you could have counterfeits but they would have to have different pixels. The original would be obvious by when it entered persistence, which ckey added it and the list of people who have owned it.

I'm not sure if persistent money would be necessary for art sales to work but if certain sources of money proved to be problematic you'd just deal with them as they arose. Probably by blacklisting them. You could just have Nanotrasen prevent money from being deposited into the employee's savings if it's not from a pre-approved source.
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601911

an atm system like goon station, only to be used for the crab phone drawing from the damn atm instead of a monster that takes 4 minutes.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #601957

Some more minor suggestions mainly at sec/combat:

1. Perma-brig is not perma, and gulag isn't perma either. They're easily escapable. Because of that, execution becomes the only safe option on LRP unless you want to risk more people dying down the road. People complain about antags being executed by sec for just being valid. So 3 options: a) make perma inescapable (bad because it ruins the prisoner role), b) make gulag inescapable, c) make it easier for officers to watch perma prisoners on the fly.

2. Batons are fine currently based on W/L ratio of antags and crew. But if antags receive a nerf, i.e. mercenaries, batons should also be nerfed a bit. Bee has them with no cooldown, no knockdown, and 3 hits stamcrit, for an idea. It works nearly as well but stamcrit lasts much shorter, and they use a fuckton of charge per hit. Also police batons and telescopic keep the cooldown.

3. Rounds without admins are boring; it's great to have good gamemasters steer the round in a fun place through events, memes, admin buttons, or even a nice song. There should be more chaos added to boring rounds, perhaps even an option for NT to "accept" some of the dirtywork CC doesn't want to bother with. The emergency shuttle being called because people are bored or it's been a "long shift" is a really bad game mechanic, IMO - boredom isn't an emergency. All it means is the round is no longer fun enough for people to find worth playing, and that's a shame. A good idea would be a player vote to add in some threat into the round - but not an OOC playervote since those are kind of wonky. Maybe a request from the captain to CC, which gives each player the option to vote using their PDA whether they consent to CC sending the station one of their threats. Some way for players to spice up the round without resorting to self-antagging or calling shuttle out of boredom would do wonders for the game. On the same thread - penalties for antags that don't do anything at all, or immediately submit themselves to sec to avoid having to actually be an ANTAGONIST. It ruins any chance the round had to be chaotic and interesting. This happens a lot, too. Even one antag that decides to do his normal job and ignore the fact he's antag can spoil the excitement of a shift for everyone. Even on LRP, this is important - you can "do whatever you want," but the number of antags are limited and can't be replaced. Stuffing yourself in a locker shiftstart and spending 0 TC as antag should have some sort of repercussions. Sec cooperating with antags and making objective "deals" with them is bwoinkable even on LRP, so why shouldn't it be the other way around (especially if they did so before they were caught)?

4. Sec needs better coordination options. Not a buff, just ways to build teamwork and camaraderie. This could be anything from built-in GPS's attached to their PDAs, special sec tracking implants which provide a location to a "partner" whom you could be assigned shiftstart, a special radio used like a walkie-talkie for sec channels (think station-bounced-red-radio), a console for the HoS in his office/PDA which lets him see his officers like the detective spyglass does... Things which bring the sec team together. No one plays sec on Manuel and Sybil and we should fix that. It doesn't even have to be a buff necessarily, just something that makes it easier to stay connected to your fellow seccies and build a fun team. Combining this with the sec population nerf also would ensure such a change doesn't give any advantage to servers like Terry which already have high sec pop and good coordination. People play sec for any of three reasons: to get immersed in the action, to get antag gamergear, or just because they like combat. All of these reasons get old and that's why lots of sec players burn out and no one wants to play sec. Once you get bored of those three things, it hasn't much to offer except added responsibility. Better coordination and team-building options would make it inherently fun, because it's always fun to be doing something as a team. Certain antags like pirates, cult, revs, and blob bring sec together and make for much more exciting sec rounds than lone antags, where sec is a race to see who can get the antag first. The reason is precisely because these modes force teamwork.

5. More defensive options. There are currently almost no defensive options. Off the top of my head there is: hand tele, riot shield, and resting. Most of the current weapons are geared around doing some sort of stun/damage/knockdown to the other party, and having that serve as the defense. It can't be right that one of the best defensive options is dragging a crate along with you to block bullets or attacks. It seems to me there could be some better options for this. Maybe a "duck" option that functions like a better "rest." A "block" option to give a chance of blocking an attack. A "roll" to get by people. Perhaps a way to hide behind people. Anything that adds variety to combat would be a great help.

6. More offensive options. Same variety argument. Currently the meta is a bit limited I think. It stays around a few core mechanics -- shovestun, baton, stamcrit, aggro grab, tables. There could be more to it than this! Pepperspray is a great idea but is still not worth carrying -- the spray should come much faster and have a low cooldown so it's easier to aim. More types of ammo! It doesn't have to be OP or locked behind 1.5 hr wall of research (which makes it a waste on LRP servers) - it can just be different! Shotgun rounds that do lethal damage, but perhaps are inherently more difficult to aim. I know slugs and buckshot were removed for being OP, but shotguns aren't used anymore unless some schmuck wants to set the hallway on fire with incendiaries, or make improvised shells for 10 minutes. If a weapon is too OP it can simply be tweaked until it is on-par with other weapons. Other ideas could be hydraulic water guns which just serve to fling someone away and make the line it shoots across slippery. Even guns like the x-ray lasergun, or the advanced lasergun, can be taken out from behind its 1.5hr wall of research and nerfed to fit in just fine! Suppose the x-ray gun did less damage and caused radiation damage/toxin damage to the shooter. Suppose there were an advanced disabler which drew its charge from your stamina whenever shot.

There are so many ideas which wouldn't be nerfs or buffs, they would just add variety! This would make the meta richer. Counters to different equipment would arise - you couldn't just gear up with a certain "best set" and powergame indefinitely. Hell, even gimmicky things like boxers giving a slight stamina boost to boxing gloves (the tradeoff is, you can't wear armor of course). Baseball uniform gives a buff to the bat (ok maybe not that one but you get the idea)...

Feedback on these ideas would be much appreciated.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #601974

5. More defensive options. There are currently almost no defensive options. Off the top of my head there is: hand tele, riot shield, and resting. Most of the current weapons are geared around doing some sort of stun/damage/knockdown to the other party, and having that serve as the defense. It can't be right that one of the best defensive options is dragging a crate along with you to block bullets or attacks. It seems to me there could be some better options for this. Maybe a "duck" option that functions like a better "rest." A "block" option to give a chance of blocking an attack. A "roll" to get by people. Perhaps a way to hide behind people. Anything that adds variety to combat would be a great help.
Titanium Baseball Bats that can wind up to knock projectiles back at the person firing

You know you want it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #601977

Pandarsenic wrote:
Titanium Baseball Bats that can wind up to knock projectiles back at the person firing

You know you want it.
Literally in the game, ask an admin for an ablative baseball ball or a metal bat
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #602010

didn't read most of that but any way you can escape perma alone, consistently, is considered a bug and you can report it
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602013

Jaredfogle wrote:didn't read most of that but any way you can escape perma alone, consistently, is considered a bug and you can report it
I make a spear via breaking everything, I use said spear to break into space I go to arrivals after using an epi(after I convince them to let me keep it) and break out.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #602021

Being able to choose to wear vests under your clothes. Basically having the same "adjust" option but for vests, so if you dislike how the vest looks on top of your suit you can just hide it.

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602244

pressure keeps the same in ody sleeper(along with oxygen)as in the mech.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #602562

able to put gun in backpack.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #603063

reduce mini bomb in traitor uplink to 4tc instead of 6
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #603610

What if Mimes could give orders to dogs that are friendly to them by holding up a paper with the order on it to the dog's face via clicking on the dog with the paper?
The reason why i give this idea is because so mimes can possibly be able to benefit from taming dogs.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #603630

nianjiilical wrote:single use wizard spell that sets an items force to 30 so you can beat the crew to death with anything you want
Traitors should get a nerfed version of this, 20 tc, and set any item to the damage of an e-dagger
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #603882

Jonathan Gupta wrote:able to put gun in backpack.
it would be good if it just limited you to one gun instead of no guns

could just add a list to storage items that limits certain items such as guns to a certain amount
NSFW:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #604379

Gun change isn't a big deal. You can fit a sawed off shotgun, 2 disablers, HoS multiphase (if you got it), Cap Antique (if you got it), and DRAGnet in your bag... Along with a lasergun in your suit storage. And if you wanna be a total cunt, another lasergun in your belt slot. Honestly if you need more firepower than that, you got bigger problems.
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #604465

sinfulbliss wrote:Gun change isn't a big deal. You can fit a sawed off shotgun, 2 disablers, HoS multiphase (if you got it), Cap Antique (if you got it), and DRAGnet in your bag... Along with a lasergun in your suit storage. And if you wanna be a total cunt, another lasergun in your belt slot. Honestly if you need more firepower than that, you got bigger problems.
we got other shit in our backpack, also we mean eguns nobody except a pure powergamer would have only that in the fucking backpack.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #604511

It has nothing to do with what weapons you can hold (which I don't have any interest in) and everything to do with having to juggle inventory items or give up a hand slot if you don't have a free belt or exosuit storage slot.
NSFW:

bean_sprout
Byond Username: Barber_Ferdinand

Post by bean_sprout » #605062

Please make department budgets accessible somehow when the department head isn't available. I enjoy doing toxins, but there is no point in bothering with a 50k credit toxins bomb half the time because there is no RD. I don't even think simply getting a new RD ID from the HoP works because I tried that once and nadda.

Maybe have the computer in heads of staff room automatically synced with their respective department budgets? It really doesn't seem like it would be overly gamebreaking to give alternate ways of getting to them.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605503

bean_sprout wrote:Please make department budgets accessible somehow when the department head isn't available. I enjoy doing toxins, but there is no point in bothering with a 50k credit toxins bomb half the time because there is no RD. I don't even think simply getting a new RD ID from the HoP works because I tried that once and nadda.

Maybe have the computer in heads of staff room automatically synced with their respective department budgets? It really doesn't seem like it would be overly gamebreaking to give alternate ways of getting to them.
Yeah this is a great idea, and since heads can be antags anyways it's not like it would be at any higher risk of getting misused. Having no HoS and not being able to spend sec-budget is unfortunate.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #605562

What alternative ways are there to access the department budget right now? Are there any? If the head's stuff is destroyed, no saving it?
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605603

Pandarsenic wrote:What alternative ways are there to access the department budget right now? Are there any? If the head's stuff is destroyed, no saving it?
go to vault extract all the money, laugh.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605683

heads are to big for bags, no they fucking aren't I can fit my head in a child sized bag at Walmart what the fuck is ss13 on(Neck included)?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #606428

Jonathan Gupta wrote:heads are to big for bags, no they fucking aren't I can fit my head in a child sized bag at Walmart what the fuck is ss13 on(Neck included)?
Great point Gup, where's our realism?
Also when will we be able to fit someone in our pocket with bluespace bodybags again? That shit was cash.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #607691

Give the food & drink roles (Botanist, Bartender, Cook) a small boost in their starting funds or limited access to their department budget to throw at the produce machine, the bartender vendor, etc.

Make the amount scale based on how many crew are on the station
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #609676

The salvation ruin's description currently contains "we will find our way home.", this implys it will send people to their "home". This is only true for the station crew and not for individuals such as Charlie station spawns, making it somewhat misleading. For Charlies station spawns I think it would be better for it to take them back to Charlie as they are not supposed to end up on the station, and are the most likely ghost role to come across the salvation ruin.
Noodlecat
Byond Username: Noodlecat

Post by Noodlecat » #610721

Remove the chance for ethereal’s heart to stop after critical overcharge, was made to balance ethereals using overcharge for combat, something that never happens.
FelineEsquire
Byond Username: Feline Esquire

Post by FelineEsquire » #610833

A way to obtain the different card deck games in the middle of a round, maybe just using cardboard? It sucks to have to go searching for a specific one and even more if that station doesn't even have it
dukenukemsucks
Byond Username: BloodyChristmasMiracle

Post by dukenukemsucks » #611471

coasters to put your drinks on, or ashtrays
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #612879

Gameplay related:

1) Removing of "succumb" verb - if one wants to die faster and get out of the round one can use ghost instead.
2) Removing the ability to leave a dead body without using "ghost" verb - if one is to return to the round in one's own body they should not be privy to OOC knowledge by moving around as a ghost.
3) Some form of weights for a preferred antag - people have personal preferences, some enjoy traitor, others enjoy lings and so on. On one hand "you can just disable antags you don't enjoy playing", on the other hand "getting antag 1 time every 40 rounds and then having to hope that you aren't going to get hosed by dynamic with revs/cult/ops/wiz" is whack. Ideally one could choose their solo antag once the game decides who will be the antags.
4) Lizard extra cold damage is out of this world and whackier changes are to come - maybe consider reducing the amount of cold damage/movement speed debuffs for lizards. It is really whack - step into coldmossed area, start dying instantly with huge movement debuff, try drinking coffee while suffocating and being locked behind automatic firelocks.
5) All head space suits starting with an internal jetpack.

Traitor gear related:

1) Potentially timelocking syndicate bombs to 20+ round minute mark or including them in a more expensive and destructive co-op kit (such as "Syndicate Bomb Team" kit as a 25TC tot item - 2x Syndicate Bombs, 2x X-4 Dufflebags, 2x Boxed Syndicate Space Suits). Teamwork oriented kits could make things more interesting and promoting co-operation.
2) Fungal TB kit as a 25TC viro tot item (same kit from ops) - making viro being able to purchase it either through contracting or via sharing resources with another agent.
3) Contractor kit buff - this could come in various forms such as: baton buff (baton working as an EMP flashlight on hit or baton working as a radio jammer when extended or something to make it more preferable to use baton over tiding sec baton etc), starting gear improvements (rather than random items start with 10TC or things related to doing contracts such as thermals, sleepypen, radmicrolaser, cqc manual, syndicate medkit, full toolbox, radiojammer etc rather than random junk - if the game goes for 3 hours then the gear doesn't matter because one can just gear up afk, in shorter rounds the gear and being able to focus on being an antag is much more important rather than spending 1/3rd of the round on resource gathering).
4) Syndicate Smokes 2TC, while Briefcase of Cash is 1TC. :roll: - smokes have so little impact that one could start with one pack+zippo for free as a syndicate agent.
5) Storage Implant rework to fit only 2 pocket sized items and costing 4TC or less - no more bomb cores or full boxes/toolbelts or laser rifles. Traitors could use it to conceal things like emag, sleepypen, makarov (without suppressor attached, suppressor could be held in the other slot).

Map related:

1) Every department having a small room with equipment to keep things running when things go south such as a PACMAN generator + plasma sheets, canister of air, box of replacement lights, few power cells, box of emergency lights and so on.

Reworded suggestions to make them a bit clearer. Some suggestions have probably been already suggested, if some things didn't work in the past, maybe they could work now.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #615895

Change 'Megafauna crusher' achievement to 'Megafauna melee' because the loot weapons on lavaland are cool but there's no incentive to use them there
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #615907

If anyone ever implemented my graduated traitor unlocks system we could make syndicate bombs a late game item
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #616091

Give the psychologist pepperspray so it's not worse assistant traitor.
Chaplain has the null rod, curator has whip, chef has CQC, etc. Pyschologist just has nothing
I remade the beach away mission