Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Swindly » #531119

Bottom post of the previous page:

Allow the ice cream vat to play ice cream songs.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #531417

I got some really radical ideas. What if... taking things out of pocket and belt were instant (like they are now), but taking things out from the backpack would have a delay? This would drastically change the gameplay.

Miniature traitor gear would be easily accessible from pockets as well as security having easy access to things visible on their belts and suits.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #531449

*Bay already made it so you had to take your backpack off to get stuff out of it and it's an example of realism that hinders the experience rather than enhances it. Your idea would make it harder for somebody to pull the armoury on you though, which is interesting. Especially when you consider the capacity potential of bags of holding and the newer ability to see inside storage items without taking them out. It's the kind of change that would piss off 90% of players. The kind of change oranges seeks.
Last edited by cacogen on Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #531721

cacogen wrote:Goon already made it so you had to take your backpack off to get stuff out of it and it's an example of realism that hinders the experience rather than enhances it. Your idea would make it harder for somebody to pull the armoury on you, which is interesting. Especially when you consider the depth of bags of holding and the new(er) ability to see inside storage items without taking them out. It's the kind of change that would piss off 90% of players. It's the kind of change oranges seeks.
Its not a bad idea though. As it would incentivize putting your gun in your suit storage or on your belt where it can be seen VS in your backpack where it cant. An actual tradeoff, speed or stealth.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #533542

Implant Gun - shoots implants. Meant for shooting Tracking Implants, but if others don't prove to be too powerful (chemical, mindshield, microbombs, macrobombs and others), then why not shoot all the implants.

Bolt action, 1 implant capacity, available at armory.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #533795

Add a nanite program that lets nanite hosts speak on the binary channel. Call it Neural Amalgamation or something.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #533921

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:Add a nanite program that lets nanite hosts speak on the binary channel. Call it Neural Amalgamation or something.
This would make the 5TC Binary Encryption Key moot. :roll:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #533983

Istoprocent1 wrote:Implant Gun - shoots implants. Meant for shooting Tracking Implants, but if others don't prove to be too powerful (chemical, mindshield, microbombs, macrobombs and others), then why not shoot all the implants.

Bolt action, 1 implant capacity, available at armory.
the det gun can shoot trackers already
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #534412

Add the French Beret as a costume item
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #535138

Istoprocent1 wrote:
L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote:Add a nanite program that lets nanite hosts speak on the binary channel. Call it Neural Amalgamation or something.
This would make the 5TC Binary Encryption Key moot. :roll:
Replace it with a vial of nanites with neural amalgamation.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #536389

1. Muzzle flashes for non-supressed weapons.
2. Lights for laser beams.

Just copy-paste code from a light stick, change it to yellowish white for the flash and appropriate color for the lasers. For muzzle flashes turn the light on and off when the weapon is fired, for the laser make beam emit light. Ez pez, game more immersive.
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #536626

Relocate the Lavaland Syndicate base self destruct device into the middle of the base, behind R-Walls. Too often Timmy Greytide comes visiting with an RCD, build a little bridge with an RCD, breaks down a single wall with said RCD, and bomb the place. Kinda pointless working down there when it's so easy for anyone who goes "Oh, there's a syndie base? Time to get some valids on, maybe some loot." to break in and destroy anything. A lava moat goes fuck all to stop people from invading.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #536660

should probably change it so you can't build plating over lava
NSFW:

Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #536854

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote:Relocate the Lavaland Syndicate base self destruct device into the middle of the base, behind R-Walls. Too often Timmy Greytide comes visiting with an RCD, build a little bridge with an RCD, breaks down a single wall with said RCD, and bomb the place. Kinda pointless working down there when it's so easy for anyone who goes "Oh, there's a syndie base? Time to get some valids on, maybe some loot." to break in and destroy anything. A lava moat goes fuck all to stop people from invading.
Thats why you have the option to do the following as a syndicate agent - screwdriver the bomb, cut all the wires, crowbar the payload out, close the panel with the screwdriver. Now you make a 100 water and 100 potassium grenade, which activates on death and carry it as well as the payload around. Should Timmy come and kill you, everything blows up. Win-Win.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #537153

Let the riot shotgun fire with a riot shield in the other hand
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #538660

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Let the riot shotgun fire with a riot shield in the other hand
the shitty suggestions thread is the other thread mate.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #538707

I love the stunbaton/riotshield combo. You just run up to them and whacky stick em. Very good for defending locations, especially since you can make a scary noise by whacking your whacky stick on the shield to scare off predators.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #538813

neural microchips that can be implanted into ian and let the ai control him like a shell
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #538819

nianjiilical wrote:neural microchips that can be implanted into ian and let the ai control him like a shell
This surgery should make you valid

Actually I feel like even suggesting it makes you valid
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Post by Aeri » #539265

Felinids should have An alternative, positive reaction on eating mice. Keep maint clean.
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #539753

cacogen wrote:RESPRITE THE DETECTIVE'S SHOULDER HOLSTER ALREADY
so clicking it isn't so finicky
Okay I could do this
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #539757

that would be great
NSFW:

Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #543549

A 30u sprayer with 1-tile range and restricted to 5u sprays at a time to be buildable in the medical lathe. For instant medical applications at the cost of being usable against anything with touch protection.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #543557

an actual mobility scooter that goes slower when you are fat and also slowly makes you fat as well
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
SmokingsSquirrel
Byond Username: SmokingSquirrel

Post by SmokingsSquirrel » #546314

Please add carton of Milk and Cream to the Biogenerator as well as (Synth-)Meat. Shoving all that stuff into a bucket is hugely impractical and synthmeat itself would be a nice addition, altough that could be omitted due to monkey cubes.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #547454

Now that the painting system is much more robust, I could see a niche for rare, premium boxes of crayons that contain more colours like brown, grey etc. Having limits when painting is part of the fun of course, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they had two or three more colours in their palette to play around with.
► Show Spoiler
Aeri
Byond Username: Cat348

Post by Aeri » #549506

Please add the "Protective hat" somewhere in engineering, it's an orange hardhat that goes with the orange engineer gear sometimes like the orange hazard suit.

That's it really.
Tell your local headmins to abolish ENFORCE_HUMAN_AUTHORITY, humans are fucking boring. Allow plasmeme CE, Lizard HOS, etc!
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #549658

Farquaar wrote:Now that the painting system is much more robust, I could see a niche for rare, premium boxes of crayons that contain more colours like brown, grey etc. Having limits when painting is part of the fun of course, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they had two or three more colours in their palette to play around with.
you can use spraycans in painting
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #549808

Fikou wrote:
Farquaar wrote:Now that the painting system is much more robust, I could see a niche for rare, premium boxes of crayons that contain more colours like brown, grey etc. Having limits when painting is part of the fun of course, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they had two or three more colours in their palette to play around with.
you can use spraycans in painting
► Show Spoiler
JamalGinsberg
Byond Username: Jamal Ginsberg

Post by JamalGinsberg » #550358

upgrade laser guns ammunition with powercells

be able to carry a fuel tank on your back for your flamethrower
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #550578

The Whiteship and Nuke Ops Shuttle (as well as a random 5% chance from 5-25 minutes) give a Unidentified Ship Proximity Alert three minutes after moving onto the z-level of the station.

This would make for fewer "oh fuck the round is over" nuke ops rounds, while still giving some element of stealth.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #550873

coronavirus
NSFW:

Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #550880

Anonmare wrote:A 30u sprayer with 1-tile range and restricted to 5u sprays at a time to be buildable in the medical lathe. For instant medical applications at the cost of being usable against anything with touch protection.
Hello?

We can already print 100u spray bottles from the medilathe.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #551182

devil idea: dark rituals that anybody can do by targetting their arms (wrists) with a sharp object on disarm to create a blood rune, lighting x number of candles on adjacent tiles, and then using the rune for 4-5 seconds to send out a message to the dark gods and invisibly 'mark' themselves

on its own it wouldnt do anything, but if there are any devils in the round they hear the message, get a radar that points at the marked crewmember, and gain the ability to stun that person at range

ideally this would result in teamups between devils and other antags or general greytiders, where people who want devil powers can actually call out to them, and the devil gets a bit of help finding willing soul trades. the 'mark' idea is so that you're making yourself vulnerable to the devil by specifically calling for it, and so people who just want to kill the devil have a harder time luring them out

idk i just think devil is a cool side/dynamic antag and it feels thematic that theyd be interested in helping other antags cause chaos

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #554473

I have a minor suggestion - how about we remove the retarded "1 hit gg cant see it coming borg stunarm"?

There could be other options for syndicate borgs such as voice jammer, immunity to flashes etc.
Hanador1
Byond Username: Hanador

Post by Hanador1 » #555440

On the topic of retarded 1 hit gg borg shit, can we have flashes work like stunbatons but on borgs a delayed lockdown or something? Reserving the full blackout no screaming fun stuff for emp/ion shennanigans as its kind of shitty walking around as a borg only to get perma stunned by repeated flashing from a device that can be hidden inside a pocket until they are in melee range and then get beaten to death.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #555603

whole point of antag borg is you have high sabotage potential only limited by your stealthiness and charisma, you play by not getting found out, like mixing phlog when the chemist is near the dispenser and bolt without lights the doors making it seem an accident, you turn off tcomms as your traitor friend kills a man, you drag a traitor executed to medbay so it gets revived, open a fusionfag can and turn half of the station to chernobyl from a cam, etc. borgs are fucked once someone finds out and thats ok because their intended weakness is being found out and easly countered in a real fight
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #556187

the other biggest strength of borgs is being unaffected by things that are lethal to unprepared human crewmembers, particularly environmental conditions
so if you alter your environment into one where you can survive but your opponents can not without being noticed before it's too late then you win without having to directly fight anybody
stan_albatross
Byond Username: Stan_albatross

Post by stan_albatross » #556504

Thermo-electric generator in a cargo crate, available to be bought for however many credits.
Another way to provide power - why is it not included in the engine construction section already?
Karl Karlsson and never anything else
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #556682

some library/art gallery style way of recording and preserving ai lawsets between rounds

theres probably enough prefab ai modules as it is, but it'd be neat to see people putting in the effort to come up with legitimately fun/interesting ai lawsets and be able to see the lawsets used in old rounds, in case someone comes up with a fun gimmick thats worth revisiting

and before you say "they'd run the joke into the ground" thats kind of true of a bunch of modules as it is

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #559662

Show job icons by default.

At the moment only people wearing Security HUD can see the assigned job on worn IDs. There is no reason to lock this information behind wearing Security HUDs.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #559902

Please give shaft miners access to one of these doors on Delta, I am tired of getting locked into cargo as a miner
Last edited by Helios on Sat May 02, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #560224

Bounties give a portion of their reward to the department that did it, split among the members of that department/sub-department.

Hiding in plants/boxes/lockers hides your icon from HUDglasses, but not from silicons.

While we're talking about Delta, removing the extra Seed Extractor and Biogenerator in Hydroponics... Why do we need two of them? Put a second seed/fertilizer vendor down there please!
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #560328

BrianBackslide wrote:Hiding in plants/boxes/lockers hides your icon from HUDglasses, but not from silicons.
How about no?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #560363

Istoprocent1 wrote:Show job icons by default.

At the moment only people wearing Security HUD can see the assigned job on worn IDs. There is no reason to lock this information behind wearing Security HUDs.
lmao no

Also hiding your hud if you’re in plants seems kinda cool, I don’t really think theres anything it would really effect if we did that
[this space reserved]
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #561315

cyborg self destruct upgrades

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #561756

earmuffs + moth plushie --> earmoffs
they replace every sound you hear with a tiny moff scream
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #562608

not minor but i haven't had a lot of luck making threads on this board

more gun attachments/expanded gun customisation
NSFW:

trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #562662

cacogen wrote:not minor but i haven't had a lot of luck making threads on this board

more gun attachments/expanded gun customisation
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #562665

exactly
NSFW:

Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Post by Sweets » #563084

A digitgrade version of clown shoes please.

I hate that if I choose to play a digitgrade lizard and roll into clown, I loose one of the iconic aspects of being a clown.

They don't even have to provide foot protection, just give us some way to squeak and walk.