Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by cedarbridge » #254651

Bottom post of the previous page:

Swagbringer wrote:Change the formula requirements for skewium to not need plasma. As it currently stands this makes it difficult for chemists to make and impossible for botanists (good luck getting cargo to give up points so you can make a toxin). Make it require another chemical that botanists can grow, from a mutated plant so they cant get it so easily eg Space lube from bluespace tomatoes or mushroom hallucinogen. The botanists still need help from chemists in order to make it and the chemists still have to make about 12 reactions in order to get it, so its not like it will appear every other round with this change.

As an aside, how often do these recommendations get added to the game? Do coders/admins regularly look through these threads?
Skewium is already retardedly potent. I don't think making it easier to get and make will do anyone any favors.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #254660

Dweebs should drop whatever they're holding and take 3 burn damage if splashed by hot beverages/hot cup noodle because I just made cup noodles and they're hot as fuck
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #254684

Swagbringer wrote:Change the formula requirements for skewium to not need plasma. As it currently stands this makes it difficult for chemists to make and impossible for botanists (good luck getting cargo to give up points so you can make a toxin). Make it require another chemical that botanists can grow, from a mutated plant so they cant get it so easily eg Space lube from bluespace tomatoes or mushroom hallucinogen. The botanists still need help from chemists in order to make it and the chemists still have to make about 12 reactions in order to get it, so its not like it will appear every other round with this change.

As an aside, how often do these recommendations get added to the game? Do coders/admins regularly look through these threads?
>More botany power creep

No
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #254685

My intention with the skewium recipe was to make it a kind of rare thing.
It appears plasma has done that job.

I won't be changing it unless it remains an issue for a long-ish period of time since everything is meeting my intentions.
私は完璧
Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #254693

Coolio, thanks for the reply.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #254761

You should be able to cuff briefcases/secure briefcases to your hand to make it nodrop

If you leave the briefcase unlocked and slip all your shit should fall out
The future is horrible!
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #254762

Remie Richards wrote:My intention with the skewium recipe was to make it a kind of rare thing.
It appears plasma has done that job.

I won't be changing it unless it remains an issue for a long-ish period of time since everything is meeting my intentions.
Can you make skewium and rotatium work at the same time or combine to make roskewtium
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #254984

sketatium
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #255014

dangerous waters there kiddo
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #255784

Allow us to place a positronic brain inside an augmented body and have it come back to life.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #255879

Weepo wrote:Allow us to place a positronic brain inside an augmented body and have it come back to life.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/14054 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #255909

I wish we had ENEMY synths, much less good ones
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #256878

Make shutters and blast doors constructable. Shutters require a lot of metal but nothing that is rare. Blast doors take up less resources but need plastitanium.

Also make mass drivers buildable so I can have a punishment device involving a mass driver, pointed at a wall and a conveyor belt leading from the wall back to the mass driver.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #256908

Anonmare wrote:Make shutters and blast doors constructable. Shutters require a lot of metal but nothing that is rare. Blast doors take up less resources but need plastitanium.

Also make mass drivers buildable so I can have a punishment device involving a mass driver, pointed at a wall and a conveyor belt leading from the wall back to the mass driver.
>nanotrasen blast doors require syndicate alloys
dropped
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #257081

>Syndicate alloys
>The outer-most walls next to the escape pods are made out of two tiles of plastitanium
What did he mean by this?
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #257308

more improvised weapons! same stats and functions as the spear but made with different items, I want a rag-tag team of staff assistants armed with makeshift swords, axes, maces, spears, and shields against an antag!
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #257989

Let people be able to willingly pour out the contents of a glass/beaker/container into a tile by click-dragging.
Also, sodas will leave stains like motor-oil, and anything containing sugar will create sticky surfaces that play sounds when walking over them.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #257993

Iatots wrote:Let people be able to willingly pour out the contents of a glass/beaker/container into a tile by click-dragging.
Also, sodas will leave stains like motor-oil, and anything containing sugar will create sticky surfaces that play sounds when walking over them.
You can do this already.

Harm intent into a tile
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #258055

Portable Bluespace Ore Reclaimer: costs 400 mining points. Unfoldable ore reclaimer pad that can be used to teleport ore from lavalands to cargo. Simply deploy it, slide your ID in, put the crate on the pad, and activate it. The points will be transferred to your ID and the crate will be teleported to cargo. Can only be used three times however due to Nanotrasen cutting corners with the battery or some shit. Emagging it disables the safety on it and fucks up the Bluespace module on it, allowing it to teleport people albeit short a few arms or legs and with severe cloning damage. Also they'll probably be dead.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #258630

Add trashbag to standard cyborgs tbh.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
HeatherK
Byond Username: Odhisius

Post by HeatherK » #258820

New game mode: Wizard Ops.
4 (or fewer) wizards charged with one task: GET THAT FUKKEN DISK
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #259019

Add a new improvised weapon made from a high capacity power cell and a flash.
Super charged flashes stun for longer but burn out after one use. Using better cells adds additional effects, such as mutes, knock-outs and even causing the target to catch fire.

However, overcharged flashes are so powerful that they'll flash everyone around them, including the flasher. Remember to use protection.

Can be attached to remote signaller assemblies to create one use stun traps.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #259126

Allow bloodcult to draw runes inside lockers and crates, runed lockers and crates cannot hold items and will not close unless they are completely empty, and they have to be open in order for you to invoke them.
I lurk quite often...
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #259573

Make the number of revolutionaries unable to exceed the number of sec tbh. It's dull if it's two sec versus 5 revheads, it's not even a palate cleanser, it's just a steamroll.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #259584

Ever cleansed your palate with a steamroller?
Shit's CLEAN.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #259636

Make photographs attachable to milk/juice cartons, and they show up as a small overlay on the sprite. Examine the carton and it tells you who's on the photograph
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #259841

Grazyn wrote:Make photographs attachable to milk/juice cartons, and they show up as a small overlay on the sprite. Examine the carton and it tells you who's on the photograph
Adds a use for photos, +1
Limey wrote:its too late.
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #259922

D&B wrote:
Iatots wrote:Let people be able to willingly pour out the contents of a glass/beaker/container into a tile by click-dragging.
You can do this already.

Harm intent into a tile
That only works for beakers and similar.
You can't do it with soda cans for instance, which I used as example.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #260342

Piano Wire: Smash the piano or buy from an uplink, equip some gloves, grab someone and choke them out with less delay between grabs.

Lasso: Something for botanists to make. It acts like the hook but with a very noticeable animated sprite. Also has a longer cooldown between uses, stuns for less, does not harm.

Remember the prisoner ship ruin?
Why not make it feel like a break out?
Instead of a lavaland ruin make it a space ruin.
Players would have to break out of their jail cells, get past armed guards, and make it to a pod so they can die on a lava planet.
Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #260618

Decrease the cooldown on the Head of Personnel opening and closing job slots.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #260924

Reagent spears: Dip your spear in a beaker to coat the tip in 20 u of that reagent. Hitting someone with the spear injects 5 u of that reagent. Imbedding the spear in someone releases the reagent over time, maybe 1 u per second until it's either pulled out or all of the reagents are absorbed into the victim's system. Create nasty poison tipped spears as a traitor or maybe laughter if you're an evil and sadistic clown to force your victims to laugh at your silly little prank as they try to limp away with a spear jammed in their chest.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #260933

Jacough wrote:Reagent spears: Dip your spear in a beaker to coat the tip in 20 u of that reagent. Hitting someone with the spear injects 5 u of that reagent. Imbedding the spear in someone releases the reagent over time, maybe 1 u per second until it's either pulled out or all of the reagents are absorbed into the victim's system. Create nasty poison tipped spears as a traitor or maybe laughter if you're an evil and sadistic clown to force your victims to laugh at your silly little prank as they try to limp away with a spear jammed in their chest.
OR I could dip the spear in my multi-chem healing mix to have a :medbot: MEDICAL SPEAR! :medbot:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #260934

Change Abductor objectives to have X amount of abductees at the end of the round alive.

Give Abductors eyewear that determine if someone is a viable specimen/already possessing a gland.

Make the combat mode of the Agent Vest space-proof and a 50% chance to deflect energy/laser projectiles.

Allow Abductors to purchase an alien medikit for 1 point, emergency stun baton (Functions exactly like a human stun baton) for 1 point, a box of alien handcuffs for 1 point, a replacement Agent utility belt for 2 points and to be able to request replacement personnel if one of them dies for 3 points (you may request a replacement Scientist or Agent).
Have the medikit contain a health analyzer, gauze, Epi-pen, a pill bottle containing 50u synthflesh patches, a second bottle containing 15u Synthflesh patches and two disposable hyposprays containing charcoal.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #261022

Gun Hog wrote:
Jacough wrote:Reagent spears: Dip your spear in a beaker to coat the tip in 20 u of that reagent. Hitting someone with the spear injects 5 u of that reagent. Imbedding the spear in someone releases the reagent over time, maybe 1 u per second until it's either pulled out or all of the reagents are absorbed into the victim's system. Create nasty poison tipped spears as a traitor or maybe laughter if you're an evil and sadistic clown to force your victims to laugh at your silly little prank as they try to limp away with a spear jammed in their chest.
OR I could dip the spear in my multi-chem healing mix to have a :medbot: MEDICAL SPEAR! :medbot:
"I'm bleeding to death and there's a fucking spear jutting from my chest but at least my first degree burns are completely gone"
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #261065

Give player ash drakes the ability to switch to small sprites on their end, much like the alien queen can.

Since ash drake blood can already transform you into a specific appearance of a red ash lizard, we can use that ash lizard sprite to represent the ash drake in 1x1 scale.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #261616

Sligneris wrote:Give player ash drakes the ability to switch to small sprites on their end, much like the alien queen can.

Since ash drake blood can already transform you into a specific appearance of a red ash lizard, we can use that ash lizard sprite to represent the ash drake in 1x1 scale.
I'd rather we get a proper small drake sprite instead. That way people can still recognize that it's a Drake on sight. Unless that lizard sprite gets a bunch of unique things to identify itself.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #261624

I think you missed the part that said "on their end". Other people would still see the usual big ash drake, just like they always see a big queen sprite.

It's just to avoid ash drakes from accidentally biting themselves when trying to attack others.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #261649

Sligneris wrote:Give player ash drakes the ability to switch to small sprites on their end, much like the alien queen can.

I actually coded the queen thing and was thinking about doing the drake thing but didn't wanna fuck with sprites, if you can post a .dmi I'll hook you up
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #262122

Make skeletons be killed by bolts of resurrection but revived/healed by bolts of death
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #262166

Anonmare wrote:Make skeletons be killed by bolts of resurrection but revived/healed by bolts of death
also zombies
Limey wrote:its too late.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #262477

and liches

EDIT: actually they're skeletons I guess
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #262502

> be lich
> invade xenobio
> get a magicarp with death bolt
> gg
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #262593

> not lich
> invade xenobio
> get a magicarp with life bolt
> gg
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #262594

Anonmare wrote:Make skeletons be killed by bolts of resurrection but revived/healed by bolts of death
this is actually in the shitty ideas thread, and it made it onto my "shitty ideas that need adding anyway" list, but I only did three of those (Choosing where your uplink goes, Clown Mech Punching Glove, Emagging a sleeper scrambles its UI).
私は完璧
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #262602

XDTM wrote:> not lich
> invade xenobio
> get a magicarp with life bolt
> gg
but you can't send life bolt carp on a crew killing rampage
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #262628

Port gremlins from vg
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #263041

spessmen need to be able to eat a lot more, currently they're full after one, maybe two dishes. I'm not saying increase the rate at which they go hungry, I'm saying increase how much food they can eat before they can't force any down their throat so they can enjoy the chefs hard work for longer.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #263082

imblyings wrote:spessmen need to be able to eat a lot more, currently they're full after one, maybe two dishes. I'm not saying increase the rate at which they go hungry, I'm saying increase how much food they can eat before they can't force any down their throat so they can enjoy the chefs hard work for longer.
:burger: Stealth buffing the gluttony ruin :burger:
humanguppy
Byond Username: Spacebutterman

Post by humanguppy » #263174

Improve pepperspray,, make it force people to cough or sneeze and drop things. Right now it feels fun but useless as a sec item.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #263180

Doesn't pepperspray kinda already stun people, forcing them to drop things?
humanguppy
Byond Username: Spacebutterman

Post by humanguppy » #263267

Sligneris wrote:Doesn't pepperspray kinda already stun people, forcing them to drop things?
If it does, I haven't noticed. The effects seem very minor. I got peppersprayed a few rounds ago as an assistant, and it only slightly affected me. Mostly, I just think that the flash/pepperspray are not very useful for Sec, and should be made more effective so officers don't just taser+cuff people. Making them more useful would encourage more flexible/interesting Sec approaches.