Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Rolan7
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Rolan7

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Rolan7 » #15494

Bottom post of the previous page:

Capsaicin oil from peppers and nova flowers does nothing when sprayed at people. It ought to be the same as the "condensed capsaicin" in pepper sprays.
The EMPEROR OF MANKIND wants YOU to squash bugs. They are symptoms of CHAOS.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #15700

Capsaicin oil and condensed capsaicin are different things! If you want condensed capsaicin, you have to condense capsaicin oil with chemistry stuff.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #15703

Anonus wrote:Capsaicin oil and condensed capsaicin are different things! If you want condensed capsaicin, you have to condense capsaicin oil with chemistry stuff.
Sure, if you want to bother proposing a formula to condense it. Which would be kinda strange to figure out how adding different chemicals just condenses the oil, and there's no currently existing machine that would make sense to be used for the job.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #15710

There already is a formula to condense it, 1 capsiacin oil, 5 ethanol for 5 condensed capsiacin.
Which, admittedly, isn't condensing, it's diluting, but >SS13 chemistry
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Rolan7
Rarely plays

Post by Rolan7 » #15713

That's kinda dumb yeah, but alright.
However it's only working with pure ethanol, not the alcoholic drinks (which are children of the /ethanol/ type, now). /ethanol/ drinks ought to count for the reaction, so maybe I'll fix that. Then botany can cooperate with the bartender or chef to make it, eventually. (Kitchen can brew various boozes with universal enzyme).
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #15753

Incredible viruses made by the virologist should be researchable and give loads of different R&D levels. Same with mutations genetics finds.
Terminutter

Post by Terminutter » #15989

Stop the RCD from being a steaming pile of shit. It's 100% useless unless you want a tile to space.
1) 30 mass capacity is shit. You can construct a grand total of 6 walls or so, or deconstruct 6 things. Whoop-tee-fucking-do. Increase this to 120 at least. Maybe have a super RCD that holds 300 or so, make that the tator objective and also give one to the CE. (even though item objectives are terrible) Or add even better ones as R&D items. Hell, with a high enough bluespace, electric and construction make a super RCD that stores 500 mass.
2) Make mass cartridges fit in boxes, make them fill 30 mass each at least.
3) Provide engineers with a full RCD and 2 spare cartridges each in engineering lockers. Want to know why so few people fix breaches? It takes forever and shuttle call anyway. That's why. Making it faster makes it more likely they'll do it.
4) Stop mass cartridges from being prohibitively expensive. They require a huge amount of metal and glass for what they are, so there's no point using them ever atm, especially since RCD is basically an instant lynch item.

Worried about engineers drilling holes in the floor? It's basically the only way to do it without bombing or welder bombing, so tough. Or remove it from the standard RCDs because no fun allowed and keep it on the EVA RCD.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #15997

Terminutter wrote:Want to know why so few people fix breaches? It takes forever
Rods in one hand. Floor tiles in other.
Click, X, Click, X, Click, X, Click, Move, repeat
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #16002

Could the vent system be improved?

It's a nightmare to change vents because the window refreshes and sends you back to the top with every change, making the task tedious and take far far more time than it needs to. This makes it pretty painful for atmosians and plasmafiring AIs.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
SingularByte
Byond Username: SingularByte

Post by SingularByte » #18929

Make antimov laws red instead of black. They look so similar to asimov laws that it can take a while for the silicons to notice them.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #19163

Remove the ability to talk in space without a hardsuit helmet on because it's a vacuum.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #19203

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Terminutter wrote:Want to know why so few people fix breaches? It takes forever
Rods in one hand. Floor tiles in other.
Click, X, Click, X, Click, X, Click, Move, repeat
If its a large breach you can even set 9 rods in 9 clicks and then 9 tiles on top. Full 3x3 breach covered in 10 second.
MrMindless
Byond Username: MrMindless

Post by MrMindless » #19263

considering all stuns were reduced and the AI pretty much has no way to fight back against rogue/syndicate cyborgs could a mode be added to the AI turrets that turns them "indiscriminate" and causes them to fire on cyborgs as well?
I mean its a bit silly a character who literally cannot move can be killed by emagging even a single cyborg
Wesdo

Post by Wesdo » #20205

You can break pens by using a screwdriver on it, and using it again on it would fix it.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #20214

Wesdo wrote:You can break pens by using a screwdriver on it, and using it again on it would fix it.
And what's the point?
Rose-chan

Post by Rose-chan » #20225

Kelenius wrote:
Wesdo wrote:You can break pens by using a screwdriver on it, and using it again on it would fix it.
And what's the point?
If someone tries to use the broken pen they get ink all over them. HONK!
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #20327

Rose-chan wrote:
Kelenius wrote:
And what's the point?
If someone tries to use the broken pen they get ink all over them. HONK!
Do it now.
Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #20405

let people put hats on beepsky
Cavoglave
Byond Username: Cavoglave

Post by Cavoglave » #23198

Minebots should follow verbal commands a la the slimes.

...Do any of the coders even look at these?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #23236

Cavoglave wrote:Minebots should follow verbal commands a la the slimes.

...Do any of the coders even look at these?
This will be easy to do once Miauw's Say() Rewrite goes through.
私は完璧
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #23283

Station bounced radios would be a lot cooler if they had the walkie-talkie tshhk-sound effect played to anyone near it whenever they're used. Or have a "Tshhk!" typed out.

And...
Getting shocked by electrified doors or grilles should make you go all looney tunes, as in getting stuck and convulsing for a few seconds before falling over (and making your hair stand up, as in bedhead-hair, except if you're bald), duration depending on the power in powergrid, if someone touches you without insulated gloves, they get stuck and convulse too. This could lead into huge train of people convulsing when there's a lot of power in the powergrid. This might be a shitty idea.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #23285

kosmos wrote: Getting shocked by electrified doors or grilles should make you go all looney tunes, as in getting stuck and convulsing for a few seconds before falling over (and making your hair stand up, as in bedhead-hair, except if you're bald), duration depending on the power in powergrid, if someone touches you without insulated gloves, they get stuck and convulse too. This could lead into huge train of people convulsing when there's a lot of power in the powergrid. This might be a shitty idea.
IMPLEMENT HE POSTHASTE
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #23297

Stickymayhem wrote:Could the vent system be improved?

It's a nightmare to change vents because the window refreshes and sends you back to the top with every change, making the task tedious and take far far more time than it needs to. This makes it pretty painful for atmosians and plasmafiring AIs.
Same thing for filters. The only trick I've come up with is opening the window as large as it could go.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #23302

Somebody was working on nanoUI for vents some time ago, but nothing ever came of it, sadly.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #23307

/vg/ has really cool vents, and even cooler scrubbers.
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #23347

kosmos wrote: Getting shocked by electrified doors or grilles should make you go all looney tunes, as in getting stuck and convulsing for a few seconds before falling over (and making your hair stand up, as in bedhead-hair, except if you're bald), duration depending on the power in powergrid, if someone touches you without insulated gloves, they get stuck and convulse too. This could lead into huge train of people convulsing when there's a lot of power in the powergrid. This might be a shitty idea.
Oh my god. This is genius.
Metafive
Byond Username: Metafive

Post by Metafive » #23773

I take no credit for this, but I sadly can't recall who first came up with it:

Medbay should have a box of lollipops to give to good patients. Make them equippable as face-slot items like cigarettes, except they can also be added as an accessory to clown masks.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #23860

Metafive wrote:I take no credit for this, but I sadly can't recall who first came up with it:

Medbay should have a box of lollipops to give to good patients. Make them equippable as face-slot items like cigarettes, except they can also be added as an accessory to clown masks.
I'd add this if somebody made sprites.
(Making them both wearable on your mask slot and edible is impossible (not worth the effort, anyway), though)
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #23870

Miauw wrote:
Metafive wrote:I take no credit for this, but I sadly can't recall who first came up with it:

I'd add this if somebody made sprites.
(Making them both wearable on your mask slot and edible is impossible (not worth the effort, anyway), though)
Make them like cigarettes? Add some nutriment? Add a lollipop stick that is left behind when it's done?
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #23894

Yeah, can't they work like cigarettes? Imbued cigs dose the smoker with whatever they were imbued with.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #23906

meh, you'd have to light your lollipop.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #23938

Unwrap?
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #23977

Scott wrote:Unwrap?
how did i not think of this.

they'd slowly be consumed even while not in your mouth tho

now i just need sprites
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #24073

The Detective's Forensic Scanner could maybe look a little cooler. WIth all the updates to gun sprites, it still shares the same sprite with Cargo's Destination Tagger (they both look like they're from beyond r4407). I dunno if I should post this to a spriting thread instead.

Oh and DNA Injectors feel weird with their way of dissapearing after use. Nothing else in the game vanishes like that, leaving no evidence. Maybe they could just turn into normal syringes for muh realisms, maybe an added "trace of a DNA..." for Detective snoopings.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #24147

kosmos wrote:Oh and DNA Injectors feel weird with their way of dissapearing after use. Nothing else in the game vanishes like that, leaving no evidence. Maybe they could just turn into normal syringes for muh realisms, maybe an added "trace of a DNA..." for Detective snoopings.
Oh god no. They already ruined botany this way.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Antimattercarp
Byond Username: Antimattercarp

Post by Antimattercarp » #24217

Color psychology sec edition!
Blue sec uniforms as an option.
Color at least one of the cells a bright pepto bismol pink like a a Drunk tank.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #24237

what if getting a good roll on a dice increased your chances to perform minor tasks significantly better; such as using a wired coin on a vending machine or kicking a grille without insulated gloves. roll a d20 and get a nat 20 for increased win rates at a slot machine or something who knows.
Rose-chan

Post by Rose-chan » #24240

What would keep people from just rolling the dice until they got a natural 20?
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #24257

TheWiznard wrote:what if getting a good roll on a dice increased your chances to perform minor tasks significantly better; such as using a wired coin on a vending machine or kicking a grille without insulated gloves. roll a d20 and get a nat 20 for increased win rates at a slot machine or something who knows.
Wrong thread: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #24274

TheWiznard wrote:what if getting a good roll on a dice increased your chances to perform minor tasks significantly better; such as using a wired coin on a vending machine or kicking a grille without insulated gloves. roll a d20 and get a nat 20 for increased win rates at a slot machine or something who knows.
even if this was not a bad idea, it would still be literally impossible to implement.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #24339

Code: Select all

/mob/living/carbon/human
    var/luck = 0

/some/dice/shit/roll(var/mob/living/carbon/human/roller)
    var/roll = rand(1,6)
    if(roller)
        roller.luck = roll*10//as percentage

/some/thing/that/uses/luck(var/mob/living/carbon/human/H)
    if(H)
        if(prob(H.luck))
            H << "You won"
        else
            H << "You suck"
Something to that extent

and that's terrible code I just spewed up because it's late.
Not exactly "literally impossible" :P
私は完璧
Rolan7
Rarely plays

Post by Rolan7 » #24340

The impossible part is finding and replacing all the appropriate calls to rand() :P
Not literally impossible, but it won't happen.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #24422

its about as literal as hitler but yeah nobody will ever do that and it wont ever be accepted either :V
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #24527

give traitor implants a verb tab like wizard spells or something because trying to type out *twitch_s in the heat of battle to stop a borg from robusting you is insane. it's not like it makes anything any easier in the long run because you still only get like 2-3 uses out of them, so why can't they actually be useful and have a tab-mabob
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #24547

Why can't we hide things under floor tiles yet? Like come on, guys.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #24551

Because that would be really hard to find?

It's hard enough to track things as is.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #24552

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Because that would be really hard to find?

It's hard enough to track things as is.
Make it so mesons detect it and only a certain size of item can be hidden.
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #24553

Pff, mesons. Hide an item in arrivals, cover with locker and nobody will ever see it.

This idea is about the same thing as "make crowbar knock out with one hit and kill with three". Crowbar isn't meant to be a weapon, hidden storage isn't supposed to be everywhere.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #24602

Hiding stuff under floor tiles is actually a pretty good idea but it's weird to do and maybe a little op.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #24627

I know it's been brought up, but hiding things in vents instead? Let crewmen be tacticool spies
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #24764

Improvised Firebombs should have a chance of exploding when wiring it. Also, before filling it with welderfuel, you should be able to fill it with 10 glass shards/10 bullets(any cal)/5 syringes(may be filled with chems) as shrapnel or a payload to have objects to propel at victims. The glass shards should stab and must be surgically removed, the bullets should have their primers ignited by the explosion(thus firing them), and syringes that hit people not wearing protective clothing will be injected instantly like syringe gun. Really, I'm just tired of all of the explosives in this game causing structural damage, but no real propulsion of loose items or even fragments created by the explosion. There needs to be some sort of shrapnel to create high damage/chem exposure easily towards humans while minimizing the amount of damage done to the station in general.