Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Fragnostic » #24764

Bottom post of the previous page:

Improvised Firebombs should have a chance of exploding when wiring it. Also, before filling it with welderfuel, you should be able to fill it with 10 glass shards/10 bullets(any cal)/5 syringes(may be filled with chems) as shrapnel or a payload to have objects to propel at victims. The glass shards should stab and must be surgically removed, the bullets should have their primers ignited by the explosion(thus firing them), and syringes that hit people not wearing protective clothing will be injected instantly like syringe gun. Really, I'm just tired of all of the explosives in this game causing structural damage, but no real propulsion of loose items or even fragments created by the explosion. There needs to be some sort of shrapnel to create high damage/chem exposure easily towards humans while minimizing the amount of damage done to the station in general.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #24808

Fragnostic wrote:Improvised Firebombs should have a chance of exploding when wiring it. Also, before filling it with welderfuel, you should be able to fill it with 10 glass shards/10 bullets(any cal)/5 syringes(may be filled with chems) as shrapnel or a payload to have objects to propel at victims. The glass shards should stab and must be surgically removed, the bullets should have their primers ignited by the explosion(thus firing them), and syringes that hit people not wearing protective clothing will be injected instantly like syringe gun. Really, I'm just tired of all of the explosives in this game causing structural damage, but no real propulsion of loose items or even fragments created by the explosion. There needs to be some sort of shrapnel to create high damage/chem exposure easily towards humans while minimizing the amount of damage done to the station in general.
this is really fucking hard to do btw. every part of it.
also shrapnel is abstracted into brute damage that you get when in the radius of an explosion.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #24848

Miauw wrote: this is really fucking hard to do btw. every part of it.
also shrapnel is abstracted into brute damage that you get when in the radius of an explosion.
I thought so. But didn't /tg/ have shrapnel bombs before? And I think the shrapnel had to be surgically removed and had a chance of failing. Really, I wish explosions propelled items into lethal speeds. Shards, screwdrivers, syringes, pens and other small sharp objects should be thrown by the explosion if it's not in the gib radius. I like my explosions, but I wish a class of explosive could forcus more on fragmentation rather than hull breaches.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #24873

Fragnostic wrote:Really, I wish explosions propelled items into lethal speeds. Shards, screwdrivers, syringes, pens and other small sharp objects should be thrown by the explosion if it's not in the gib radius. I like my explosions, but I wish a class of explosive could forcus more on fragmentation rather than hull breaches.
It's weird how this awesome mechanic isn't used anywhere else but disposal pipes. I remember someone suggesting C4:ing doors would make the airlocks propel inwards and kill people. Would be cool.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #24975

Fragnostic wrote:
Miauw wrote: this is really fucking hard to do btw. every part of it.
I thought so. But didn't /tg/ have shrapnel bombs before? And I think the shrapnel had to be surgically removed and had a chance of failing. Really, I wish explosions propelled items into lethal speeds. Shards, screwdrivers, syringes, pens and other small sharp objects should be thrown by the explosion if it's not in the gib radius. I like my explosions, but I wish a class of explosive could forcus more on fragmentation rather than hull breaches.
I think you're thinking of baymed. It's sort of hard to do and I really don't want to hack it in without making sure that it's somewhat consistent with the rest of our medical system (e.g. it'd basically require a rewrite, which is very much needed not because the code is shit but because our current medical system is rather boring). The idea is cool, it's just hard to do. Besides the problem with our medical system, if you launch shards by "throwing" them people will be able to throw shards at people at such velocities that it is needed to surgically remove them, which makes no sense. So you'd have to use projectiles and guncode sucks.
kosmos wrote:
Fragnostic wrote:Really, I wish explosions propelled items into lethal speeds. Shards, screwdrivers, syringes, pens and other small sharp objects should be thrown by the explosion if it's not in the gib radius. I like my explosions, but I wish a class of explosive could forcus more on fragmentation rather than hull breaches.
It's weird how this awesome mechanic isn't used anywhere else but disposal pipes. I remember someone suggesting C4:ing doors would make the airlocks propel inwards and kill people. Would be cool.
Disposal pipes just throw stuff, it's fairly simplistic.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #24993

what if Space Lube left semitransparent puddles instead of being mostly invisible
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

BAKAWHHH!!!!

Post by Atticat » #25054

Wearing the fullchicken suit should alter your speech. Kinda of like the luchadores mask OLE!

But instead now you'll be actin' like a real chicken-wo(man) should, BAKAWHHH!!!!

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Mastigos

Re: BAKAWHHH!!!!

Post by Mastigos » #25304

Atticat wrote:Wearing the fullchicken suit should alter your speech. Kinda of like the luchadores mask OLE!

But instead now you'll be actin' like a real chicken-wo(man) should, LET'S EAT!!!
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #25385

Staff of Animation is largely so good because you can't fucking tell which things are animated and which aren't, you just have to bash at that stool until you hopefully see the glimpse of the "stool stops moving" -message during the shitfest going on at the chat window. Yes, I just got killed by one.

Animated things should glow or jitter while alive or somehow be more easily recognizable when not animated anymore.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #25390

kosmos wrote:you can't fucking tell which things are animated and which aren't.
Animated things move and attack. Others don't.

It's pretty simple.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #25398

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
kosmos wrote:you can't fucking tell which things are animated and which aren't.
Animated things move and attack. Others don't.

It's pretty simple.
Running away from them (so it'll be almost impossible for others to help you because you're fucking running in circles and so is the chair attacking you, and hitting the chair while moving is a bitch too, if you're able to kill all the 5 chairs surrounding you without getting confused you have my respect) to see if they're moving and looking at the spammed chat window to see if they're attacking isn't my idea of "pretty simple". A simple animation of them shaking a little would make this much more enjoyable.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #25402

i think spooky glowing red eyes would be better.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #25456

There's no easy way to make a sprite overlay of "spooky glowing eyes" which would fit equally well on a chair, stool, crowbar, and mop, though.
Every animate-able object would need a different offset and many are too small in the first place.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #25465

doesn't matter
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #25688

BOOMERANGS
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #25718

Skorvold wrote:BOOMERANGS
i *think* this would be either very easy or really fucking hard to code, depending on how well I remember throwing code.
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #25741

Miauw wrote:
i *think* this would be either very easy or really fucking hard to code, depending on how well I remember throwing code.
Why cant it be both? HONK!
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #25849

SODA-12
Automatic shotgun constructed from a flamethrower+soda can w/igniter+box+metal rods.
Holds three shots.
Fires shots in rapid succession.
Has a chance of blasting a hole in your face with whatever shell, chance increases depending on shell.
-Beanbag: 25% chance of shooting self pointblank
-shotgun shell: 30% chance of shooting self pointblank
-syringe shell: 20% chance of shooting self pointblank
-incendiary shell: 50% chance of shooting self pointblank
-shotgun slug: 50% chance of shooting self pointblank or missing
-experimental/tech shells: 100% chance of shooting self pointblank

Not useful for murderbone, but good for when you find shells lying around and need a weapon.
Wesdo

Post by Wesdo » #26145

Fragnostic wrote:SODA-12
Automatic shotgun constructed from a flamethrower+soda can w/igniter+box+metal rods.
Holds three shots.
Fires shots in rapid succession.
Has a chance of blasting a hole in your face with whatever shell, chance increases depending on shell.
-Beanbag: 25% chance of shooting self pointblank
-shotgun shell: 30% chance of shooting self pointblank
-syringe shell: 20% chance of shooting self pointblank
-incendiary shell: 50% chance of shooting self pointblank
-shotgun slug: 50% chance of shooting self pointblank or missing
-experimental/tech shells: 100% chance of shooting self pointblank

Not useful for murderbone, but good for when you find shells lying around and need a weapon.
It'll just make people stuncuff the bartender for his ammo and shooting people with this, but it sounds and looks cool to me.
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #26180

Wesdo wrote: It'll just make people stuncuff the bartender for his ammo and shooting people with this, but it sounds and looks cool to me.
I don't think it'll happen as often as it already does. Anyway, if they're stun cuffing him, it's probably for his gun as well, which is more reliable. Cargo/R&D would probably be the first place they go to, and if they don't fork over any shells, someone's getting stuncuffstripdisposal. But you're right, that is one thing to watch out for.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #26496

There should be a small notice message to players when the gravity goes off/on, "Your feet slowly float off the floor...", like every other obvious thing the player character does (washes hands, slips, strips someone etc.). The floating does its just nicely but it just feels a little inconsistent without the message.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #26502

kosmos wrote:There should be a small notice message to players when the gravity goes off/on, "Your feet slowly float off the floor...", like every other obvious thing the player character does (washes hands, slips, strips someone etc.). The floating does its just nicely but it just feels a little inconsistent without the message.
There used to be a warning siren sound effect, i've played muted recently so I don't know if that is still functional.
Perhaps there could be an update from cent comm saying something like "WARNING: Gravity generator off-line"
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #26534

Miauw wrote:
goonstation did it and look at it now a whole safari
Boomerang + safari suit + tranq rifle + clown/assistent=honk
But i think its pretty easy to code it because you throw it anywhere and let it come you
than make it that it doesnt stop if a Crewmember gets hit with or a wall
The future is horrible!
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #26542

Ezel wrote:
Miauw wrote:
goonstation did it and look at it now a whole safari
Boomerang + safari suit + tranq rifle + clown/assistent=honk
But i think its pretty easy to code it because you throw it anywhere and let it come you
than make it that it doesnt stop if a Crewmember gets hit with or a wall
yeah well xenoarchology is pretty easy to code it you just let people dig artifacts from walls and then research them, easy right?
rexagon
Byond Username: Rexagon

Post by rexagon » #26558

Replace Syndicate backpack with a duffel bag who's in-hand sprite has it slung over one arm.
Personally, having to carry your backpack makes you look like a tool.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #26566

Captain needs to spawn with some sort of self-defense weapon. Remove the chain of command from his office and have him spawn with it. Its rather odd that the highest ranking crew member (and probably most high-value) late-joins with literally 0 actual offense. An assistant with a bit of RNG luck on his side could easily down the captain with just a fucking toolbox. (this totally hasn't happened before during a rev round)
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #26567

rexagon wrote:Replace Syndicate backpack with a duffel bag who's in-hand sprite has it slung over one arm.
Personally, having to carry your backpack makes you look like a tool.
Snapwalk made some sprites and I ended up finishing them off for him.
Hey.
Wesdo

Post by Wesdo » #26647

A new trigger item for the grenade where you can use it to prime it automatically if you get stunned or drop it, could work by putting a button thing on a timer? It starts the timer basically when the button isn't held down.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #26665

I heard that now that saycode was updated, it would be possible to add robotic speech bubbles to the medibots, securitrons and such whenever they speak. Oh and more things for the medibots to say, too, right now they have like 3 different lines.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #26691

Gunhog is going to do some stuff with robots talking when he ports botcall over. Currently bots still use whatever system they used before saycode happened, and speech bubbles for robots are still as copypasta-y as they would have been before (you could make them not copypasta-y i guess, but currently only mobs get speech bubbles. easily changed if somebody wants to change it)
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #26692

Drunken speech should be slurred, not stuttered. Like, honestly.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #26721

my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #26774

Reimoo wrote:Drunken speech should be slurred, not stuttered. Like, honestly.
I almost thought half a year ago that the drunkenness overhaul would come...
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #26833

Mild drunkeness:
Slurred speech

Moderate drunkeness:
Slurred speech, stuttering, movement restricted to walk, vomiting

Severe drunkeness:
Inability to resist (when grabbed/on fire), welder vision, passing out, strobing in and out of consciousness, vomiting, movement as if in red zone health, inability to use complicated equipment

COMMIT NAU
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #26837

Fragnostic wrote:
Severe drunkeness:
Inability to resist (when grabbed/on fire), welder vision, passing out, strobing in and out of consciousness, vomiting, movement as if in red zone health, inability to use complicated equipmentU
I'd like to see severe drunkeness cause you to black out but still move around occasionally ("I don't remember doing that"). Though that maybe taking it a little two far...

How would you suggest you apply a slur to speech though? Can you give an example? Might not be that easy to code.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #26844

That's actually a great idea.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #26945

peoplearestrange wrote:How would you suggest you apply a slur to speech though? Can you give an example? Might not be that easy to code.
Is it possible to scramble the letters in the middle of a word? Like in the Cambridge Effect. That could make awesome pseudo-drunk-typing. A simpler solution (but a much more fun to look at than the current one) would be just make every "s" --> "sh" when mildly slurring and add stammering to that when severely slurring.
Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #27215

I know you can rig a crate by using wires and an electropack on it, but what about other rigging methods/assemblies.

My suggestions for general assemblies start with the basic You rig the crate. message, after you add the wire.
After wiring the crate:
+bike horn: upon attempting to open the crate, a deafening HONK! sound puts you on your ass
+generic spray bottle: upon attempting to open the crate, sprays whatever reagent in the container at you
+signaller: upon attempting to open the crate, the assembly signals at the frequency the signaller was set to
+chemgrenade: upon attempting to open the crate, the chemgrenade is activated, and the appropriate reaction occurs
+improvised firebomb(soda IED): upon attempting to open the crate, pop!
+syndicate minibomb: upon attempting to open the crate, bye
+gas tank(plasma/oxygen): upon attempting to open the crate, the tank releases all gas inside
+generic grenades(flashbang/viscerator/teargas/etc): upon attempting to open the crate, activates grenade
+syringe: upon attempting to open the crate, you are injected all reagents in the syringe

Any more suggestions? Clown related would be great.
I think it would be cool if you could use wirecutters and then a screwdriver to disarm whatever assembly, except for the electro pack one(should require insulated gloves.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #27351

Fragnostic wrote:I know you can rig a crate by using wires and an electropack on it, but what about other rigging methods/assemblies.

My suggestions for general assemblies start with the basic You rig the crate. message, after you add the wire.
After wiring the crate:
+bike horn: upon attempting to open the crate, a deafening HONK! sound puts you on your ass
+generic spray bottle: upon attempting to open the crate, sprays whatever reagent in the container at you
+signaller: upon attempting to open the crate, the assembly signals at the frequency the signaller was set to
+chemgrenade: upon attempting to open the crate, the chemgrenade is activated, and the appropriate reaction occurs
+improvised firebomb(soda IED): upon attempting to open the crate, pop!
+syndicate minibomb: upon attempting to open the crate, bye
+gas tank(plasma/oxygen): upon attempting to open the crate, the tank releases all gas inside
+generic grenades(flashbang/viscerator/teargas/etc): upon attempting to open the crate, activates grenade
+syringe: upon attempting to open the crate, you are injected all reagents in the syringe

Any more suggestions? Clown related would be great.
I think it would be cool if you could use wirecutters and then a screwdriver to disarm whatever assembly, except for the electro pack one(should require insulated gloves.
Fund it. (Except replace minibomb with C4/TTV if the minibomb ends up being removed)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #27356

kosmos wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:How would you suggest you apply a slur to speech though? Can you give an example? Might not be that easy to code.
Is it possible to scramble the letters in the middle of a word? Like in the Cambridge Effect. That could make awesome pseudo-drunk-typing. A simpler solution (but a much more fun to look at than the current one) would be just make every "s" --> "sh" when mildly slurring and add stammering to that when severely slurring.
Also, add extra letters to the beginning and end of the words, in case there are no S's.

e.g. "I aam fuck as drunkkk"
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #30366

Make firealarms, when reset, take several seconds before they reactivate when a fire is detected. Most people tend to reset the fire alarm in a vain attempt to quickly bypass a set of door, yet the fire doors will close almost instantly.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #30374

That defeats the point of having firelocks not let fire through?
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #30633

Are we porting the rest of NT's clothes? Because we need them.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #30638

Steelpoint wrote:Make firealarms, when reset, take several seconds before they reactivate when a fire is detected. Most people tend to reset the fire alarm in a vain attempt to quickly bypass a set of door, yet the fire doors will close almost instantly.
Do it the way Bay does it with hazard doors. You can click it to have it let you through (after a warning prompt), the door will close shortly after being opened. Applying a crowbar to pry it open prevents the door closing again.
Killerz104

Post by Killerz104 » #30728

Serious suggestion can we have a new kitchen recipe to make "Ice Cube Sandwich"

5 units Water + 5 units Flour

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #30886

still waiting on the pumpkin space latte to be added m8, my character needs to be more of a white girl
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #30898

Donut cake when
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #31141

Port NT kitchen stuff. I want my grilled grilled deep fried grilled deep fried deep fried grilled grilled grilled deep fried jelly salad bread.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31195

Mastigos wrote:Port NT kitchen stuff. I want my grilled grilled deep fried grilled deep fried deep fried grilled grilled grilled deep fried jelly salad bread.
^^^
Grilled deep fried deep fried nuclear authentication disk
Deep fried tank transfer valves
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #31227

For the round-end report for AI Malfunction, list the powers that the AI used! Wizards, Traitors/DA, and Nuke Ops have their powers reported - Malf should as well!
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #31242

Killerz104 wrote:Serious suggestion can we have a new kitchen recipe to make "Ice Cube Sandwich"

5 units Water + 5 units Flour

>put water into microwave
>receive ice cubes
muh immulsions ;_;