Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
humanguppy
Byond Username: Spacebutterman

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by humanguppy » #263267

Bottom post of the previous page:

Sligneris wrote:Doesn't pepperspray kinda already stun people, forcing them to drop things?
If it does, I haven't noticed. The effects seem very minor. I got peppersprayed a few rounds ago as an assistant, and it only slightly affected me. Mostly, I just think that the flash/pepperspray are not very useful for Sec, and should be made more effective so officers don't just taser+cuff people. Making them more useful would encourage more flexible/interesting Sec approaches.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #263308

>Flash isn't useful
Spessman, I...
Bring back papercult.

XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #263309

Even if you're under the spray effect, it only checks when it enters the tile, so it might pass over you without hitting you if you're moving fast enough. Plus, any form of glasses gives immunity.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #263320

Pepperspray could use a little buff. It's not as though there isn't an easy hard counter to be found in gasmasks (they even help against tear gas)
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #263390

Toss some cable coils and some shards on a mop and make a mop spear.
All the cleaning potential of a mop and all the combat potential of a spear.

What if signalers activated whenever you were stunned?
Demand security to meet your demands seconds before you get shot anyway.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #263550

The only use I've ever found for pepper spray is pissing off uppity greyshit prisoners as the warden.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #263562

Pepperspray is like a ranged flash but more statyfying
The future is horrible!
humanguppy
Byond Username: Spacebutterman

Post by humanguppy » #263626

At the very least, it would benefit if it operated more like smoke and less like a spray. For example, if you could spray it at somone and cause them to inhale it, it should have the same effect as if they weren't wearing any protection. I've never seen anyone actually use it for any purpose beyond screwing with prisoners. To be fair, though, flashes are more useful than I give them credit. I wish pepperspray actually had a reason to be standard sec equipment.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #263627

Gasmask nerf, they only work for full face protection when internals are on, and so become stronger in that regard that you inhale only slightly less gas at once if you cover your face with a inactive gasmask or a bandana, sechailer etc.

Spoiler:
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #263671

Eh flashes are always a mid solution for double eswords with no face/eye protectiom when you dont want come to close with a flash
The future is horrible!
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #263690

Simple mobs should get a action button to Stop Pulling. It gets annoying having to go and use the IC tab each time.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #263740

darkpaladin109 wrote:Simple mobs should get a action button to Stop Pulling. It gets annoying having to go and use the IC tab each time.
Just press Delete
Last edited by Slignerd on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #263838

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Sligneris wrote:Give player ash drakes the ability to switch to small sprites on their end, much like the alien queen can.

Since ash drake blood can already transform you into a specific appearance of a red ash lizard, we can use that ash lizard sprite to represent the ash drake in 1x1 scale.
I actually coded the queen thing and was thinking about doing the drake thing but didn't wanna fuck with sprites, if you can post a .dmi I'll hook you up

Code: Select all

if(1)
	user << "<span class='danger'>Your appearence morphs to that of a very small humanoid ash dragon! You get to look like a freak without the cool abilities.</span>"
	H.dna.features = list("mcolor" = "A02720", "tail_lizard" = "Dark Tiger", "tail_human" = "None", "snout" = "Sharp", "horns" = "Curled", "ears" = "None", "wings" = "None", "frills" = "None", "spines" = "Long", "body_markings" = "Dark Tiger Body", "legs" = "Digitigrade Legs")
	H.eye_color = "fee5a3"
	H.set_species(/datum/species/lizard)
Here's the code used for the lizard appearance, I might try getting the sprites in-game.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263918

darkpaladin109 wrote:Simple mobs should get a action button to Stop Pulling. It gets annoying having to go and use the IC tab each time.
I remember thinking this and then finding out there's some super obvious way to stop pulling that made me feel dumb, but I still agree
Limey wrote:its too late.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #263920

I just type the Stop-Pulling verb.

Or rather, I type "Stop" hit space and auto-complete it
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #263944

Sligneris wrote:
Just press Delete
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #264068

Ctrl + Clik also pulls or stops pulling.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #264798

Boomerang: improvised throwing weapon made from metal. Deals 10 brute damage on hit and then flies back to where it was thrown from. Activate throwing again if you want to catch it otherwise it'll just hit you and hurt you as well.

Traitors can get a special one that's razor sharp and does 40 brute damage. It can also severe limbs and being a sharp object, has a chance to embed. Like the normal boomerang it can be caught after being thrown but make sure you don't stupidly run into its return path with throw intent off and accidentally decapitate yourself like a fucking idiot.

Supplementary video:
[youtube]Co8vGjEz-xU[/youtube]
*flip
Last edited by Jacough on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #264800

Jacough wrote:Boomerang: decapitate yourself like a fucking idiot.
Sold :shades:

Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #264814

Make it so you can pick up shotgun shells with boxes like you can with ore satchels
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #264983

AI core display preferences would be nice to have in character setup.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #265002

Add a verb that shows a list of available ghost roles. We already have notices for new lavaland eggs/shells but these notices disappear rather fast and don't help anyone who died after the notice has come and gone. Would be nice if available ghost roles could just be viewed as a list. Or at least, have a verb that shows a list of available/unclaimed ghost roles or ghost role spawning areas. Its not exactly entertaining or worth the annoyance to have to scan all of lavaland for whichever mob spawning area was created this time.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #265057

They're in the orbit list
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #265059

XDTM wrote:They're in the orbit list
If they are, they're so burried in all of the other junk on the orbit list (especially in mid-high/high pop times.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #265061

cedarbridge wrote:
If they are, they're so burried in all of the other junk on the orbit list (especially in mid-high/high pop times.
They are all at the very bottom of the list.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #265064

They're at the bottom of everything else, but they're all together and pretty easy to tell from normal orbit list items
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #265282

for the love of all that is holy let drones throw shit again
getting stuck in space because you bumped into a girder that you were pushing and that stopped you despite going in exactly the same direction as you is grade a bullshit
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #265286

which is why you always carry an rcd or metal/rods as a drone
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #265288

Positronic brains definitely aren't, and not sure if golem shells are.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #265535

Positronic brains indeed aren't. The orbit list contains only stuff that starts on the map as a ghost role plus golem shells, since they're a variation of those.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #265541

I'd like it if swarmer shells, posibrains, golem runes and everything like that had a place on the orbit list. It's annoying to have to manually scrape the station for the one swarmer shell in the backend of maint somewhere or the posibrain under 33 different and separate objects
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #265548

Anonmare wrote:I'd like it if swarmer shells, posibrains, golem runes and everything like that had a place on the orbit list. It's annoying to have to manually scrape the station for the one swarmer shell in the backend of maint somewhere or the posibrain under 33 different and separate objects
Just press a numerical key and it'll take it to them, same as camera stations. If you clean up the orbit list, dividing up the camera lists into groups would also be helpful.

Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #265675

Sledgehammer for the execution chamber. Makes for a terrible melee weapon because it requires a windup before you can swing it and if you miss it staggers you, leaving you stuck in place for a second but great for fulfilling your DF dreams of being a hammerer. Using it on someone buckled to a bed will pulp their head and a blow to the head while they're cuffed to a chair will send their head flying across the room.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #265702

Jacough wrote:Sledgehammer for the execution chamber. Makes for a terrible melee weapon because it requires a windup before you can swing it and if you miss it staggers you, leaving you stuck in place for a second but great for fulfilling your DF dreams of being a hammerer. Using it on someone buckled to a bed will pulp their head and a blow to the head while they're cuffed to a chair will send their head flying across the room.
would you kindly give the captain a golf club
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #265704

Jaws of life when used on the mouth should crush heads like a melon.

Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #265754

Speaking of decapitation, have it so that if someone managed to get decapitated while standing their corpse remains upright and walks around aimlessly like a simple mob for a couple of seconds before it collapses for a bit of additional horror. If someone gets decapitated while knocked down but still alive have their body jitter to give the impression of it writhing and spasming for a few seconds.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #266006

do you jacough to this?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #266106

DemonFiren wrote:do you jacough to this?
No but the idea of walking through maint only to hear the loud BZZZ BZZZZ BZZZ of someone with a dual esword and then seeing a headless corpse come out of nowhere and stumble into you sounds creepy as hell which is perfect. More spooky shit's always good
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #266779

Magical Flute for wizards that makes them play a melody that summons golems to fight for them. They can not move while playing, and the golems break down if they stop playing. To balance being stuck in one position, they can cast blink or get an extra passive 50℅ dodge while playing the flute.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #267641

Combat use for alcohol:
Once you each a certain threshold with alcohol, it sort of has a numbing effect. You'll take reduced damage and won't be affected by damage slow down as much. The catch is that as it works its way out of your system, you'll start taking back all the damage that it initially blocked as the numbing effect wears off.

On top of that, reaching this threshold affects your punches as well. You hit much harder, dealing more damage with a higher chance of knocking them down but at the cost of missing more often due to your swings being slow and awkward.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #267700

Make the temp gun unblockable by d. Eswords or e shields
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #267723

calzilla1 wrote:Make the temp gun unblockable by d. Eswords or e shields
temp gun should be buffed in every way possible
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #267735

Give perma an emergency internals box. The window gets breached constantly.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #267738

You mean after you break it trying to escape right
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #267739

Give them an emergency internals trolley that's just a canister with a bunch of masks attached so the prisoners all have to crowd around it to breathe and fight each other for the limited number of masks :honk:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #267757

Screemonster wrote:Give them an emergency internals trolley that's just a canister with a bunch of masks attached so the prisoners all have to crowd around it to breathe and fight each other for the limited number of masks :honk:
It's times like this when I wish I was a coder
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #267785

Screemonster wrote:Give them an emergency internals trolley that's just a canister with a bunch of masks attached so the prisoners all have to crowd around it to breathe and fight each other for the limited number of masks :honk:
Better idea imo
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267846

They'd abuse it to ride it out of there using the soda maker's hacked coffee option, you can't (or you'd need to put it static on the floor somewhere so 10 prisoners fight for 3 squares of breathable space attached to IV air masks)

Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #267847

calzilla1 wrote:Make the temp gun unblockable by d. Eswords or e shields
The Temp Gun is not fully blocked by duel energy sword, its subject to the same block rule but its not treated as a laser projectile.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #267950

Luke Cox wrote:Give perma an emergency internals box. The window gets breached constantly.
Fuck em, tell the criminal scum to hold their breath while they're in the rec area. They're just going to rot in there anyway.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #268352

Jacough wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Give perma an emergency internals box. The window gets breached constantly.
Fuck em, tell the criminal scum to hold their breath while they're in the rec area. They're just going to rot in there anyway.
Eh, if I dump them in perma it's because I like them enough to not kill them, or I'm not 100% sure they're guilty