Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Armhulen » #280035

Bottom post of the previous page:

XDTM wrote:Even if it was tripled that's still 5 minutes of free coasting before anyone takes a single point of damage from it, so it'll only really be a factor when a huge area is breached or if someone is in space, and it would still prevent assassination via de-oxygenating rooms.
It's definitely an improvement though, it makes long term situations problematic.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #280284

Add a small chance (maybe 10%) that implanting a xeno hive node into a person's brain turns them into a xeno-aligned antag if there's an active queen. I think it'd be neat if implanting people to be a part of xenomorph hivemind came with some risks.

Alternatively, make it 20%-30% chance, and make mindshield implants bring it down to 0.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #280311

I think people would use hive nodes more if they had a chance at self antag
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #280649

Make it so when you have someone at neck hold and turn intent to disarm and click your grabbed target you stand them up and they take any projectile that comes your way. A la body shield.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #280751

Grabbing a person aggressively and targeting the arm on disarm intent makes you tackle and throw them over your head infront of you for a small stun they can recover from before you can grab them aggressively again to stop chainstunning.

Might be too CQC'ey.

Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #280762

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Grabbing a person aggressively and targeting the arm on disarm intent makes you tackle and throw them over your head infront of you for a small stun they can recover from before you can grab them aggressively again to stop chainstunning.

Might be too CQC'ey.
Way too CQC'ey.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #280773

Fair enough.

Idea: replace mushroom bowls with wood bowls, because it was only ever really made for ashwalkers (who have a special bowl centered mechanic), and you can get easy amounts of wood by deconstructing the ore boxes (also a source of wood for tiki masks) ontop of growing towercaps out of weeds.

> Fun tip, you can already feed plants by draining your own blood, 10 units of blood equals 10 nutriment for plants, which will keep soil plots growing weeds fed.

Spoiler:
Ditalos
Byond Username: Ditalos

Post by Ditalos » #281146

Nar-sie Harversters get thermal or night vision.

:^)

The warden gets acess to a security door remote, which has acess to the detective's office. But the warden doesn't have acess to the detective's office, but he can open it anyway with the security door remote.

What did mappers mean by this?
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #281196

Ditalos wrote:Nar-sie Harversters get thermal or night vision.
Approving of thermals here, perhaps Nar'sie presence should give thermals to all blood cult constructs in fact.

It's very weird how Harvesters can't see shit in their own smoke.
Cherrypone
Byond Username: Cherrypone

Post by Cherrypone » #282015

guys don't tell fwoosh off for being too verbose in this thread jeeZ
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #282342

DemonFiren wrote:Upgrading a laser pointer with an ultra-laser should allow you to light cigs with it.
selfquoting my first post ever because i think that never happened and i like my ideas
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #282563

You can build the frames for non covered syndicate turrets with plastinium, deconning the full strength & damage output syndicate shuttle's turrets will give out SMG's or SAW's or something (probably a custom autocannon SMG or something, with a lower grade variant for the 20 damage per shot turret variant) which is what they are made out of.

Easy(ish) to destroy, but constantly working & can take bullet & missile weaponry unlike vice versa station turrets made out of metal that require laser weapons.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #282564

Dragging corpses should greatly slow people down. Maybe that way people would actually use body bags.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #282569

Minor idea upon a minor idea, if the ammunition isn't limited and the rate of fire isn't altered when detached from a broken syndieturret (ontop of having a syndie pin) the syndicate autocannon is basically the patriot from MGS3. It should probably handle like a piece of shit to be balanced but work fine when attached to a turret to stablise it.

[youtube]yu6uEPlp9m8[/youtube]

Small suggesting, am i doing it right?

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #282631

Another one, (bite me im saving you making threads)

Q'terradons, basically giant flying reptiles that populate (since its remies idea on conception lets attribute it to them) Remie's bespin map concept, being a few in number and not respawning they can be tamed with a potion post death (if they don't fall in the abyss) to revive them as a mount.

> Very dangerous and strong, Q terradons on default mob AI (prior to becoming tame) divebomb the player with forceful stunning attacks.

The potion, like a stablility potion is a extract from the mining vendor for 2000 points since it gives you a mount that flies freely across the dangerous chasm drop terrain of the bespin-map mining area modelled after asteroid with one central area, Q terra's spawning on the outer islands.

> A atmosless jetpack as long as the q-terradon lives, the potion equips it with a saddle & makes it tame, the Q terradon has three storage slots a ideal mount and limited amount of Q-terras per map unless xenobio gets involved. Can only be revived with a lazarus POST taming.

Child's drawing bad example concept out of a 32x64 spite, definitely needs ample space so 64x63 recommended.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #282802

Security should get a Brainwashing Machine. It requires an officer to sit there playing whack-a-mole (with those bad thoughts the re-educated is having) for a minute to discourage widespread use (where cults are bucklecuff them and feed holy water then walk off), but gives security a way always deconvert, regardless of revolutionary, cult, or gang.

Pro: The officer has to put forth effort to do it.
Con: It's a security buff.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #282818

First we got revs, so we got mindshield implants to deconvert them.
Then we got cults who weren't deconverted by just mindshield implants, so we got holy water.
Then we got gangs that can destroy mindshield implants and who waste a mindshield implant upon deconvertion, so you need twice as much.
Then we got clock cults that can destroy mindshield implants and convert without a cultist's presence being even necessary.
Once we get a brainwashing machine, some new special cult is going to get added that's immune to the machine and needs another snowflake method to deconvert.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #282820

Nabski wrote:Security should get a Brainwashing Machine. It requires an officer to sit there playing whack-a-mole (with those bad thoughts the re-educated is having) for a minute to discourage widespread use (where cults are bucklecuff them and feed holy water then walk off), but gives security a way always deconvert, regardless of revolutionary, cult, or gang.

Interesting idea, actually

Holy water is a fucking meme, but I like that it makes the chaplain relevant to the round - if this existed alongside the current methods of deconversion it could be neato
Limey wrote:its too late.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #282825

Nabski wrote:Security should get a Brainwashing Machine. It requires an officer to sit there playing whack-a-mole (with those bad thoughts the re-educated is having) for a minute to discourage widespread use (where cults are bucklecuff them and feed holy water then walk off), but gives security a way always deconvert, regardless of revolutionary, cult, or gang.

Already sort of suggested here.

Lobotomise assistants as security in the execution room as punishment. Heh.

Spoiler:
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #282827

Sligneris wrote: Once we get a brainwashing machine, some new special cult is going to get added that's immune to the machine and needs another snowflake method to deconvert.
That's the thing. You would still need to find them an implant. It would only be for the deconvert.

It would give security a higher effort answer when cargo is against them with revs, or the chaplain doesn't exist for cult. It needs to be "ugh I don't want to do this" levels of hassle for security. Similar to getting a genetics number in place.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Fwoosh Shit
One idea is about "how do I valid hunt better".
The other is about trying to give security a third option to "convert or kill". This box needs more hug. Optional hugs.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #282848

>i don't want to do this levels of hassle
and players will do it anyway, why?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #282849

They'll do it for the goodboy points.

Maybe so that they can have someone deconverted instead of dead.

Maybe so that they have an excuse for detaining people for longer.

"Ok Meme Greyshirt, I know we are out of implants, but try not to get reconverted out there. We've got a reeeevolution going."
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #282851

You must be very new if you think this is the case.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #282856

Eh, A year and some months playing most days.

Just optimistic.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #284138

Bone golems made out of 10 bones on a shell - They are flesh/meat golems but start off extremely weak, however by adding any meat slabs & monster materials they become stronger until they are a strong resistant golem. Adding to themselves also changes their aesthetic as they become a meat monster.

Spoiler:
Swagbringer
Byond Username: Swagbringer

Post by Swagbringer » #284450

Give doctors maintanence access so they can bring back dead bodies as opposed to sec officers going in and donating their gear to a tatortot. Would also help with downtime on quiet shifts.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #284776

The gateway can fast transport you to boss arenas when you have no explicit destination set, however you will be stranded there without first bringing tools or survival supplies to come back, the timed nature (after 15 minutes) is enough to get your preparations ready to fight. Go speedily to the heirophant ruin or a specific away-mission boss on its own Z level.

With the gateway operational in this purpose, exile implants with randomly drop you in lavaland with a flashlight & a airtank in orange clothes similar to a telegulag atleast a fair distance away from the station to be picked off. Your exile implant also means you are both valid to kill, unable to use the mining shuttle & access any doors.

Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #284838

Hitting someone with a book cures a small amount of brain damage but does a small amount of brute damage. BOOK LURNIN IS GUD FUR U. Also you can literally beat people to death with A book on Space Law.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #284974

Lawyers buying briefcases of cash should give them 15000 instead of 5000
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285004

With help courtesy of IRC and Hattbox.

> Beach bum gain new mechanics in spreading outside the dome and implementing the edict of Free Love© by planting down more palm trees, which then create breathable static atmos around them as long as the trees are standing, pacify lavaland mobs who enter it to be non-hostile & converts the soil into grass. Totally chill dudes.

This is done by shaking the coconut trees (which can also be chopped down for wood but loses the atmos & peace aura) and dropping coconuts. When a intact coconut is placed inside a soil plot, a new palm tree will grow and continue the process. Coconuts are very nutrious food (good for plant fertiliser too) and used in certain bartender drinks.

Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #285256

We should be able to wear the ghost blade in the back slot
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285264

As to prior idea about coconuts, constructable grass skirt uniforms in the tribal menu out of clumps of raw grass & armor made out of hollow coconut shells.

> You can harvest grass back up again into plant form by trimming it with wire-clippers.

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #285650

Make pAI requests display the owner's name, so if BOBO THE PRANCING WIZARD activates one i actually accept instead of risking having to spend the rest of the round in a silent assistant's pocket.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #285676

make departmental vending machines buildable and deconstructable already.

>Rampant brand intelligence event
>it's in a departmental machine
>Can't decon those vending machines
>Can't find a high power weapon or convince anyone to give me one to destroy it
>Vending machine uprising inevitably occurs
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #285705

Allow players to queue up as a Drone at roundstart, it will let the autistic among us not have to suicide after filling the drone dispenser.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #285898

If someone trys to pull, lift, punch a cat (ie runtime) they claw the fuck outa you then run around the room like their on crack.

Cats can also latch onto heads like face huggers and deal 1 brute damage every tick.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #286485

MMI hotswapping for borgs. If you use an MMI or Posibrain on a locked borg with its panel open and cell removed, you can swap the MMIs instead of deconstructing first, in order to retain its module, upgrades, and laws.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #286515

Anonmare wrote:make departmental vending machines buildable and deconstructable already.

If this was done maybe this might make for an interesting traitor item

QM/CT traitor item:custom fitted vendor refill

Looks a lot like one of those refill racks except you can load it with just about anything and load it into any vendor. Has two settings: launcher and trap. On the launcher setting it will launch whatever items were loaded into the rack at people passing by like a hacked vending machine. If it was a grenade, IED, etc. they'll be primed when they're launched.
Trap setting works a bit differently. When you load it, it'll replace one of the items on the menu. If someone is unfortunate enough to select that item it'll start rapidly firing out whatever you loaded at the person until it either runs out or they move out of its LoS. Kind of depends on luck but you might just be able to get a laugh out of some poor starving person trying to get a box of raisins only to get a face full of glass shards. Or dozens of photocopies of your ass if you're feeling particularly dickish.

Oh and of course there's no IFF system so don't get shot by your own rigged vendor like a fucking moron
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286598

Anonmare wrote:make departmental vending machines buildable and deconstructable already.

git gud
screwdriver machine
hit speaker switch
bang no more rampancy

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286914

okay, so
wags should chase down and eat mice
all simple animal lizards should
also mso should enable webm embedding already

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286930

Minor suggestion of stop the lizardcreep demonfiren.

But really if you could feed pets appropriate foods to raise their health that would be helpful (wags exclusively takes mice, runtime takes mice & meat, while ian nibbles on anything to regain health) feed poly crackers etc.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #286984

DemonFiren wrote:okay, so
Holy moly, not even a snake or cat is that violent with mice!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287015

Gun Hog wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:okay, so
Holy moly, not even a snake or cat is that violent with mice!
You ain't seen nothing yet.
At least now I understand Rain World's lizzers better.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #287058

Allow the organ storage container for mediborgs to pick-up prosthetic limbs and cyber implants too. They're better than what they were but mediborgs are still inferior to a Human surgeon.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #287143

Anonmare wrote:Allow the organ storage container for mediborgs to pick-up prosthetic limbs and cyber implants too. They're better than what they were but mediborgs are still inferior to a Human surgeon.
Go here:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ls.dm#L116

Find this code:
if(O.status != ORGAN_ORGANIC)
to_chat(user, "<span class='notice'>[src] can only hold organic body parts!</span>")
return

else if(isbodypart(I))
var/obj/item/bodypart/BP = I
if(BP.status != BODYPART_ORGANIC)
to_chat(user, "<span class='notice'>[src] can only hold organic body parts!</span>")
return

Delete the portions I marked in red. Due to how people tend to view me, I do not think it is wise for me to make the PR. Mostly, I just do not want to have to fight and argue for it. Let someone else deal with that!
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #287957

Drink recipe:
> Dead Man's Salt
1 part blood (alternatively ectoplasm assuming you can juice it), 1 part rum, 5 parts salt
"A foul drink that brings tears to your eyes and makes your heart ache"
Makes your character cry. If you drink enough of it your character will periodically drop and roll on the ground screaming and crying.
Less of a recreational drink and more of something to force feed to that uppity grey shirt you just kidnapped apprehended.

Also, a new spider: the trap door spider.
After wandering around a bit it'll set up a little burrow under a floor tile which can be identified if you're looking very carefully by a very very tiny gap (I'm talking like 2 pixels wide so you really need to look hard) in the tile. If you're next to the tile it's under it will quickly pop out, grab you, and drag you into its burrow and start feeding.

If you're quick enough and have enough health you can resist to try to escape but it takes a bit of time to escape and you'll probably suffer some serious damage in the process. Alternatively if there's someone close by they can use the help intent to try to pull you out as well. Fortunately their bite isn't venomous, they can't drag anyone else in while they're feeding, and there's a delay before they can grab someone again if their victim manages to escape

Unfortunately, you can't attack them directly while they're burrowed. You can however flush them out with fire. If their burrow catches fire they'll quickly spring out and try to flee before burrowing again. Explosives will also kill them instantly if they're burrowed but of course you risk a hull breach. So if there's an infestation stock up on those flamethrowers, molotovs, and IEDs.
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #289833

Give Harvesters (Or whatever their replacements, if any, will be) a Nar'sie tracker. It's frustrating to drag bodies around wasting time cause you have no idea where Nar'sie fucked off to.

EDIT: Also, implement the CosmoHonk suit, it's hilarious.
Wulfe_L
Byond Username: Wulfe_L

Post by Wulfe_L » #291693

The Crew Manifest that ghosts and people in the lobby can see is organized by department and very easy to read. The Crew Manifest the Heads, Captain, and AI have is not organized and is therefore difficult to use effectively.

I get that using your PDA messenger to see who's on the crew is hard to do on purpose (At least, I think?), but there's no reason for the Crew Manifest proper to be different for players than it is for ghosts.

Possible addition: All crew get a Department Manifest on their PDA that just lists the people in their department, so you can more easily know who your coworkers are.
Sybil - Jaden Grey/Alice Green
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #291748

Taking a pie to the face should blind you for a brief while.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #292403

Add CQC to the traitor uplink at any tc cost deemed necessary, it doesnt really work with nuke ops because its literally based off a lone operator type thing, and if you wanna be a loud kung fu man carp is more forwardly robust. It's fun and I wanna use it pls add
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #292591

Nilons wrote:Add CQC to the traitor uplink at any tc cost deemed necessary, it doesnt really work with nuke ops because its literally based off a lone operator type thing, and if you wanna be a loud kung fu man carp is more forwardly robust. It's fun and I wanna use it pls add
Won't happen, but >inb4 the "WAAAGH CQC IS TOO OVERPOWERED FOR REGULAR TRAITORS" from the mains who abuse Sleeping Carp's instant aggro grab and 15 damage punches