Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Minor Suggestions

Post by bandit » #193

I doubt any of the old minor suggestions are going to be able to be copied over without starting World War III, so new thread.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Jalleo » #393

Parapen to only mute and give stamina damage instead of stun to make your target unable to escape but can still fight back. Maybe merge the cryosting and mute sting aswell for this with changelings. Maybe even give changelings high cost smoke power that does same effect for either running or attacking to make people fear it again.
Rockdtben
Site Admin
Byond Username: Rockdtben
Github Username: Rockdtben

Post by Rockdtben » #578

Jalleo wrote:Parapen to only mute and give stamina damage instead of stun to make your target unable to escape but can still fight back. Maybe merge the cryosting and mute sting aswell for this with changelings. Maybe even give changelings high cost smoke power that does same effect for either running or attacking to make people fear it again.
Yeah that is already on the list of things to change. This plan is only editable by me.
See: http://tgstation13.org/wiki/2014Plan#Traitor
Custom Software Solutions, Mentorship, and game development ----> Main Site
Game Master: 03/24/2022 - Now || Domain Holder: 04/15/2014 - 03/24/2022 || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006 || "Took no shit from shitters" - MrStonedOne
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Post by looping » #913

Allow AIs to examine things, even if it is limited in examination ability.
Surely an AI would be able to tell/see if someone has died, gone catatonic or even what they are WEARING?

When examining someone perhaps the AI sees it as normal humans see people wearing a spacesuit, just let me examine things damn it.
appeal me now ok think about it admin u could have a friend a friend who comes down to ur house and listens to ur words but doesnt respond to them because he knows that words are for the weak and physical violence is the superior form of communication but u wont accept this ur scared ur stuck in the prefix of pretification yea thats right ur sitting there stuck to the floor from ur goopy liquid glue sweat unable tro answer the door guess whos there its my friend spooner who is requesting appeal me
GoldenPotatoes

Post by GoldenPotatoes » #1026

Something similar to being able to catch thrown things, expect with the use of some items, allows you to reflect them back at the person who thew them.

Enabling throw (or maybe a special double-hand part), that when anything is thrown at you, it reflects back in the direction you're facing as long as you have it equipped.

Just for /fun/, add a rare/traitor item that looks like a baseball bat, so you can hit shit back at people for maybe 1.5x of the damage it would cause if it hit you.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #1116

Adding a variable to floors so they can be based on asteroid instead of plating.
Walls too.

Or is that to major of a suggestion? I mean, I think some tiles allready do that, I just want all of them to be able to do it.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
bandit

Post by bandit » #1371

Somehow use crayons on light tiles to make MULTICOLORED LIGHT TILES. BYOND 500 should be able to do this, right?

admin feedback pls
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #1599

Cant that allready be done?
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1631

E-Guns, Lasers, and Tasers can be Screwdriver'd to remove the power cell, then a new power cell can be inserted. Much like Batons.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #1640

A rebalance of cell sizes would be needed first or else you'd have a huge spike of energy since most eguns use a 1k cell. For reference, a pulse rifle uses a 15k.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #1715

The Laser Gun and Energy Gun now use 5k cells. Each shot of the weapon uses 500 power.

However I am wary of allowing you to interchange any old cell into the weapon, I think a better solution is the addition of energy magazines that allow you to "reload" a energy based gun in game, but are rare to acquire.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1727

Steelpoint wrote:The Laser Gun and Energy Gun now use 5k cells. Each shot of the weapon uses 500 power.

However I am wary of allowing you to interchange any old cell into the weapon, I think a better solution is the addition of energy magazines that allow you to "reload" a energy based gun in game, but are rare to acquire.
^
Just bump up per-shot power consumption to yield the same amount of shots on a "Default" cell. It remains to be seen whether a default cell would be Standard or HC.

You might actually need to go into Recharger code and alter the effeniecy[sic] there, so that charging an empty taser/laser wouldn't completely deplete a full APC.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1853

Add 10mm Stetchkin magazines to a hacked autolathe - They can already print .357 Tatorevolver ammunition, why not the cheaper, smaller, stealthier Stetchkin mags?

While you're at it, why not give Security an Autolathe-Lite in the armory, instead of the SecTech vending machine? It'd rely on Metal and Glass, instead of magical vending machine stocks, and it can fabricate all the same things - Helmets, Armor, Handcuffs, Seclites, Flashes, Flashbangs, Donuts (If fed biomass/food/gibbed criminals). It can also do mundane ammunition - Beanbag shells and .38 Speedloaders, and if it's hacked it can print .357 Magnum, 10mm Stetchkin, Shotgun Slugs/Shells/Incendiary. If it's synced with R&D it can print SecHUDs and Stun Revolvers.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #1886

Psyentific wrote:Add 10mm Stetchkin magazines to a hacked autolathe - They can already print .357 Tatorevolver ammunition, why not the cheaper, smaller, stealthier Stetchkin mags?
Blame the idiot who converted them to 10mm ammo 1 year ago :S
(I forgot the autolathe... I'm sorry)
私は完璧
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1935

It's okay, now that you read it it'll be patched in in, like, a day. And I can have my mostly-potent pocket sidearm that is actually one of my favorite guns in the game.

(r-right?)
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1941

Remove the movement penalty from Riot Armor.

Riot Armor is already sub-par compared to Ablative and Bulletproof - Its specific niche is melee combat, but sanic speed negates a lot of that. Nine times out of then, when given my pick of the armory, I'll grab a riot shield, but if the Ablative is gone I'll favor the vanilla armor, just because it doesn't have the slowdown. Other armor with slowdown is Captains Armor, which is the best all-purpose armor in the game and hardsuits, which are really spacesuits more than armor.

Also, add Facehugger protection to Riot Helmets.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #1967

Psyentific wrote:mostly-potent pocket sidearm
Hey, What do you know, that was me too!

It's not hard to put it in the Autolathe, so I'll do it soon (unless somebody beats me too it bloody code vultures)
私は完璧
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #1971

Psyentific wrote:Remove the movement penalty from Riot Armor.

Riot Armor is already sub-par compared to Ablative and Bulletproof - Its specific niche is melee combat, but sanic speed negates a lot of that. Nine times out of then, when given my pick of the armory, I'll grab a riot shield, but if the Ablative is gone I'll favor the vanilla armor, just because it doesn't have the slowdown. Other armor with slowdown is Captains Armor, which is the best all-purpose armor in the game and hardsuits, which are really spacesuits more than armor.

Also, add Facehugger protection to Riot Helmets.
Blob.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #1972

The Riot Armour is good for brute protection, but its high speed penalty makes it unattractive and ineffective to use. The Riot Armour's catch is that it provides great melee protection at the cost of very little protection against anything else. However this is countered by the fact that you are now slower in melee combat thus are actually worse off in melee.

Making the Riot Armour NOT suck in terms of speed penalties would make it a more attractive choice, as right now its only viable usage is in Blob rounds and that's only if your bad and place yourself in a position to get attacked by the Blob.
SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Post by SJ212 » #1974

make it so when you examine nuke toys you can actually see the cooldown
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #1980

In the game of stuns, melee armour is irrelevant anyway.
Steelpoint wrote:as right now its only viable usage is in Blob rounds and that's only if your bad and place yourself in a position to get attacked by the Blob.
Long, one tile wide corridor of r-walls in maintenance with blob covering half of it.

Go ahead, place yourself in a position to not get attacked by it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #1982

Kelenius wrote:Long, one tile wide corridor of r-walls in maintenance with blob covering half of it.

Go ahead, place yourself in a position to not get attacked by it.
Laser Rifles.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2025

Steelpoint wrote:The Riot Armour is good for brute protection, but its high speed penalty makes it unattractive and ineffective to use. The Riot Armour's catch is that it provides great melee protection at the cost of very little protection against anything else. However this is countered by the fact that you are now slower in melee combat thus are actually worse off in melee.

Making the Riot Armour NOT suck in terms of speed penalties would make it a more attractive choice, as right now its only viable usage is in Blob rounds and that's only if your bad and place yourself in a position to get attacked by the Blob.
This is, word for word, my line of thought. Riot Armor only sees use in Blobfights, because that's right up its niche and doesn't lose a lot from the speed penalty because blobs can't move.

At all other times, almost everyone favors normal armor because of the speed penalty.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2050

Remove Ghost.

Ghost, as a command, serves no purpose that isn't better done by Suicide/Succumb. The overwhelming majority of times people ghost, it's to cockblock Security because you can't suicide while cuffed.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #2071

That is a shifty awful stupid badbadbad idea psy. Just nonono.

Just because you get your jollies from bucklecuffing prisoners in interrogation and leaving them there doesnt mean that playershoulf be forced to spend forever in a small room with nothing to do.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #2074

Ghost should suicide you and then ghost, and you should be able to suicide while wearing cuffs.
What gameplay is added by not being able to do that? If people want to stop playing they're going to do it and no gameplay element will stop them, might as well make it clear they're not coming back.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2079

The thing is, Suicide/Succumb prevents you from being cloned. Either allow suicide while cuffed and remove ghost, or disallow both and go full CDB.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #2083

That's essentially what I was suggesting, so that'd be fine with me.
I was just saying it would make sense to let you suicide while cuffed, and change Ghost to perform the same function as Suicide and then Ghost you.
Last edited by Jacquerel on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJ212
Byond Username: Seanjohn212

Post by SJ212 » #2094

options to see what laws people upload and pda messages
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #2393

Jacquerel wrote:That's essentially what I was suggesting, so that'd be fine with me.
I was just saying it would make sense to let you suicide while cuffed, and change Ghost to perform the same function as Suicide and then Ghost you.
i believe the main reason was for protect objectives? so if you wanted to forcefully "protect" someone they couldn't just kill themselves to make you lose
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #2395

You can still ghost if your cuffed, so I see no reason to allow cuffed people to suicide.

Also as MIggles pointed out, it would screw over people with protect objectives.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #2411

Succumbing doesn't prevent cloning.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #2427

It does if you suicided first.

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer

Post by Jacquerel » #2437

I guess I hadn't thought about Protect objectives, but to be honest I still think it would be better to just count it as a win anyway if your target suicides given that you can't force a suicide and it is not reasonably preventable.
You managed to protect them until they independently ended their own life! That still counts, right?
Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #2443

Jacquerel wrote:I guess I hadn't thought about Protect objectives, but to be honest I still think it would be better to just count it as a win anyway if your target suicides given that you can't force a suicide and it is not reasonably preventable.
You managed to protect them until they independently ended their own life! That still counts, right?
"I have a mission to protect you, so suicide right now"
Myroc

Post by Myroc » #2449

I think the better option would be to note the suicide at round end, so people are aware that the objective was failed because he suicided. (Similar to how sacrifice objectives note if the target was gibbed.)
Characters I play:
Angel Hawke - Chief Engineer, Pacifist, Comparatively Sane
Damien Hawke - Detective, Compulsive Hero, Ladies Man
Kaylin Stern - Roboticist, Survivalist, Sociopathic Bitch
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #2464

Steelpoint wrote:You can still ghost if your cuffed, so I see no reason to allow cuffed people to suicide.
What I'm trying to say is that, since ghosting and suicide serves the same end purpose (That is, permanent self-removal from the round), why don't they have the same set of restrictions? And why do two things that do the same thing exist at all?
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #2989

SJ212 wrote:make it so when you examine nuke toys you can actually see the cooldown
Added to my to-do list.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Killerz104

Post by Killerz104 » #3426

When the countdown timer is activated on a Malf AI round, the hate speech that AM gives in I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream should be played.

Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #3427

Killerz104 wrote:When the countdown timer is activated on a Malf AI round, the hate speech that AM gives in I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream should be played.

It should be given as a special malf button so they can use it if they want to.
Anton Raginovsky

Post by Anton Raginovsky » #3460

Here's my suggestion: Give the mime a bunch of signs that he can hold up to convey simple emotions. I don't know exactly how it would work.

Or, maybe make it to where the mime can set his mask to convey an emotion, like if he's examined, it says:

This is the Mime!
The Mime looks surprised!
Image Image
Image Image
bandit

Post by bandit » #3694

Make the Darth (chaplain / TK / agent / double e-sword) syndicate bundle less common. It is basically Murderboner: The Bundle.

admin feedback pls
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #3706

all the bundles have the same probability
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
bandit

Post by bandit » #3743

Wait really? I thought some had higher probabilities than other, and the Sith bundle was highest of all. A few rounds ago I remember seeing like 3 siths in a double agent round running around murderboning, shit was insane.

admin feedback pls
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #3761

That's because >byond rng.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #4069

Please please please, matches need to be strikable on certain objects (SHOES, WALLS, CHAIRS, come on!), fit into the cig pack, and lighters should fit into the cig pack as well. What else. Oh yeah, let us insert a single cig or lighter into our hats. An attachable, like how those sec badges attach to the jumpsuit for departments.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #4238

And burning paper/photos/files.

Sprites allready exist.

Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #4271

Drynwyn wrote:
SJ212 wrote:make it so when you examine nuke toys you can actually see the cooldown
Added to my to-do list.
This can be done via using the nuke toy on itself.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Anton Raginovsky

Post by Anton Raginovsky » #4908

I don't know if this is minor or not, but an option when choosing jobs to set yourself as "In-Training". It basically designates you as a NTRookie, and lets people know that you have no idea what the fuck you're doing, so they don't just beat you with a wrench for making a mistake. I know you could just tell them, but I figure it'd be nice to have the leeway to make a mistake here or there.
Image Image
Image Image
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #4910

The HoP can easily do that, making the HoP even more useless wouldn't be good.