Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Sweets
Byond Username: Reondin

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Sweets » #563084

Bottom post of the previous page:

A digitgrade version of clown shoes please.

I hate that if I choose to play a digitgrade lizard and roll into clown, I loose one of the iconic aspects of being a clown.

They don't even have to provide foot protection, just give us some way to squeak and walk.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #564884

make box on ice slide around the z-level
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

TGA
Byond Username: TheGreatAmazing

Re: Minor Suggestions Rename Terry Station

Post by TGA » #565079

I suggest that at 4:20 PM until 4:21 PM every day, Terry [EU] be automatically renamed to one of the randomly selected following. This is to honor the one time I saw Terry [EU] renamed to Gerry [EU] for about 3 seconds. Could not get a screen cap. Feel free to suggest any additional names. Serious contributions only!

Gerry [EU]
GreGerry [EU]
Jerry [EU]
Larry [EU]
Mary [EU]
Terrry [EU]
Derry [EU]
Dairy [EU]
Hairy [EU]
Harry [EU]
Berry [EU]
Huckleberry [EU]
Where's Perry [EU]
Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Floorpills being faster than tablepills, why?

Post by Ivuchnu » #565832

Remove delay on clickdrag emptying of inventory from bags that already instantly empty from attack_self. Why? Floorpills being a bit faster than tablepills. I don't want more neat way of doing things being slower than floorpill way of distributing pills.

EDIT: Maybe even yeet "use in hand" dumping functionality altogether.
Last edited by Ivuchnu on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Re: Floorpills being faster than tablepills, why?

Post by cacogen » #565839

when you code it
NSFW:

Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #566865

Re-enable the ability of Event Hall to send messages to other stations via the comms console.

If your scared of people spamming cringe, the other servers have been doing it quite a lot as well during the time this was disabled.
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #566896

add rcd back to round start
i just want to make grill rooms in peace for god sake
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #568103

Remove the wall of text about patient's physiological traits from medHUDs. Not only because nobody cares about the traits somebody picked other than themselves, but it also clogs up the chat window on inspect, which makes noticing things that are actually important much more difficult. People with more traits have an advantage over those without traits as the important stuff (what they are wearing, wielding etc) is pushed out of the focus.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #568153

make disposals on ice box lead to a chasm
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #568334

Istoprocent1 wrote:Remove the wall of text about patient's physiological traits from medHUDs. Not only because nobody cares about the traits somebody picked other than themselves, but it also clogs up the chat window on inspect, which makes noticing things that are actually important much more difficult. People with more traits have an advantage over those without traits as the important stuff (what they are wearing, wielding etc) is pushed out of the focus.
could put it behind a hyperlink like stuff in secHUDs
NSFW:

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #568862

traitor item: uncle fission's radioactivity gel

spray it on the supermatter or something made of uranium and it quadruples the radiation output/contamination
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #568863

Boomerang weapon - with a set range it'll go exactly to where you click it and back hitting anyone in the way *and back* with brute damage, can be caught by anyone holding the funee catch button
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #570296

give wizards magical guitars as an item

using it inhand dual wields it, while dual wielded using it inhand again lets you play it like a normal electric guitar

while dual wielded clicking on a tile shoots a laser

also while dual wielded the holder can click a hud button to release a tenacious d shockwave that damages and knocks away everybody nearby on a short cooldown

4-5 spell point cost, the total cost of having lasers+shockwave spell

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
FelineEsquire
Byond Username: Feline Esquire

Post by FelineEsquire » #570772

I feel like weeds shouldn't reduce yield to 3 after being in the tray for a while when the plant is a weed type.
Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Remove Penthrite out of luxury medipen

Post by Ivuchnu » #570838

a traitor fucking injected me with a pen and a luxury pen at the same time and instantly killed me on the mining shuttle
Enabling that is probably not a best idea. Also this fucks with medbay and whole pen donation thing done by miners.

Borderline griefchem that is not used anywhere else for a reason.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #570942

Revival implant for the normal tot in their uplink.
Combat Medkit for the normal tot in their uplink (higher cost).
Flash proof glasses for the normal tot in their uplink or make glasses in chameleon kit flash proof.
Various dental implants and implanters for the normal tot in their uplink.
Etc.

Contractor baton scrambling speech on first hit, muting on second hit.

or better yet

Contractor Kit cost reduced to 10TC (comes with a Baton and a Tablet only), leaving rest of the TC (10) to be used on user chosen gear. If the contract kit is not limited item yet, then limit it to 1 per traitor.

Maybe even make Contractor Kit a default traitor item and let the traitor earn more TC with side objectives of contracting.

The contractor kit in my opinion is one of the better traitor items and has a ton of flavor over say Minute-1 Desword, NoSlips, EMP lollersk8.

Edit: General list of changes that could be made to current syndicate items.

* Chameleon Kit - could have the gloves be insulated, the glasses be flashproof and the voice changer's output setting be adjustable (human speech, lizard speech, robotic speech etc).
* Detomatix PDA Cartridge - could work on non-uplink PDAs regardless of their send/receive settings, otherwise this item is moot as people just disable messages at the start of the round.
* Energy Dagger, Energy Sword and Double-Energy Sword - could deal Burn damage instead of Brute damage and not cause any bleeding.
* Mulligan - needs a rework as it is not working well at the moment. Lizards using mulligan get human names and just get a random color with an identifiable look.
* Syndicate Bomb - could come in a box with the default beacon and a note with the wires marked. You are a syndicate agent not a tider trying to discover the secrets of wires.
* Syndicate Combat Medkit - could come with luxury injectors rather than regular patches of aiuri/libital.
* Syndicate Minibomb - could cost 1TC less as it is just a weaker methnade or deal damage as 120/120 methnade.
* Syndicate Surgery Dufflebag - could cost 1TC. It is on par with Syndicate Toolbox. You still gotta put in a ton of legwork to actually get a borg. It also comes in a cool yet non-concealable dufflebag, which doesn't do it justice, especially when compared to something like 4TC emag, which only requires user to find a flash and then convert unlimited number of borgs.
TGA
Byond Username: TheGreatAmazing

Post by TGA » #571794

Change the recipe for Clown's Tears from requiring bananium ore to bananium sheets. Never once has anyone found bananium and not immediately put it all in the ORM.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #572078

new random event where a meteor/wizard/cult/clown/act of god destroys the escape shuttle off screen

mechanically, whatever shuttle was currently selected is removed from the shuttle purchase list and another one is randomly selected free of charge

if a shuttle was already purchased the crew is stuck with the new one, if not they can still buy a different one

"hey i know you guys wanted the snappop shuttle but it blew up, we're sending you the meteor with rockets attached as a compensation"

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #572145

add god
NSFW:

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #572147

But who would want a lowercase god?
[this space reserved]
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #572281

I feel like the Captain's Sabre should do more brute damage. 15 is pretty low, even with armor piercing, and for a one-of-a-kind melee item only the captain gets, it shouldn't be on-par with a roundstart miner's survival knife (15), and weaker than a combat knife all of cargo can order (20). It's also bulky, takes up a whole belt slot, AND requires a sheath. I'd say 25 brute would make more sense. Note that would still make it weaker than an esword (30), which is relatively cheap traitor gear. Literally a wielded spear made out of glass, rod, and cable restraints has more brute than captain's sabre.

The other suggestion I have is to be able to mindshield or DNA-lock stunbatons. Guns have mindshield firing-pins which can be used to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands, but stunbatons are arguably even more dangerous than laser guns and yet have no protection.
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #572285

Stun batons have been nerfed so many times over the years. Limiting them to certain crew would've been the saner route. I don't think it's worth doing now though.

lowercase god is probably black and either makes hip hop or does esports
NSFW:

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #572931

sinfulbliss wrote:I feel like the Captain's Sabre should do more brute damage. 15 is pretty low, even with armor piercing, and for a one-of-a-kind melee item only the captain gets, it shouldn't be on-par with a roundstart miner's survival knife (15), and weaker than a combat knife all of cargo can order (20). It's also bulky, takes up a whole belt slot, AND requires a sheath. I'd say 25 brute would make more sense. Note that would still make it weaker than an esword (30), which is relatively cheap traitor gear. Literally a wielded spear made out of glass, rod, and cable restraints has more brute than captain's sabre.
easy mode: buff the damage

medium mode: give it the samurai "unsheathes blade and cuts you in half instantly" thing i dont know the name of by increasing its damage for the first attack after it's been taken out of its sheath, but it takes 2-3 seconds to resheathe it

fun mode: the above, but if the sword is sheathed, dragging or alt-dragging the sprite from your inventory to another mob does the samurai thing and has huge delimb chance

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
VexingRaven
Byond Username: VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #573846

Sheodir wrote:Boomerang weapon - with a set range it'll go exactly to where you click it and back hitting anyone in the way *and back* with brute damage, can be caught by anyone holding the funee catch button
This actually exists in the code, it's a stun weapon though.
VexingRaven
Byond Username: VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #573847

sinfulbliss wrote:I feel like the Captain's Sabre should do more brute damage. 15 is pretty low, even with armor piercing, and for a one-of-a-kind melee item only the captain gets, it shouldn't be on-par with a roundstart miner's survival knife (15), and weaker than a combat knife all of cargo can order (20). It's also bulky, takes up a whole belt slot, AND requires a sheath. I'd say 25 brute would make more sense. Note that would still make it weaker than an esword (30), which is relatively cheap traitor gear. Literally a wielded spear made out of glass, rod, and cable restraints has more brute than captain's sabre.

The other suggestion I have is to be able to mindshield or DNA-lock stunbatons. Guns have mindshield firing-pins which can be used to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands, but stunbatons are arguably even more dangerous than laser guns and yet have no protection.
This is why flashes and pepper spray exist. You get protection from them as sec so somebody can't just take your flash and own you with it.
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #577162

Minor Deathsquad changes

Replace the normal flashlights in their backpacks with an security maglight

Change their standard security backpack to the Security-ERT variant as it fits better thatically and from the colour match
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #579569

what if midround events had more similar centcom announcements to make people more paranoid

right now theres a lot of events that the crew just sort of ignores and itd be funny if they shared centcom announcements with more alarming events

"confirmed outbreak of viral hazard": remove the level 5/7 thing, make people have to figure out if its a blob or disease

"unknown biological entities": make the same message appear for carp, xenos, spiders, and have a chance to replace the migration alert for mice

make a generic "computer virus" message that has a chance to replace the greytide, brand intelligence, grid check, lighting overload, ionosphere or ion storm announcements

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
obi wan kaczynski
Byond Username: Into_the_woods

Post by obi wan kaczynski » #579667

Minor suggestions: more job-specific "skills" like how engineers can see what wires do, so every job isn't just as doable by an assistant with access
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #580662

traitor item that lets you play vox messages, even if the ai is dead

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #581958

Make the gangway between the emergency shuttle and the station two tiles wide and add double airlocks to match to all but the smallest or most budget shuttles
NSFW:

Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #582215

Googles_Hands wrote:Minor Deathsquad changes

Replace the normal flashlights in their backpacks with an security maglight

Change their standard security backpack to the Security-ERT variant as it fits better thatically and from the colour match
they arent normal flashlights, they are emp flashlights
nanotrasen pretends death squads dont exist so they wouldnt wear their ert gear
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #582226

the post about disposals putting trash into a chasm on icebox, except make too much trash in the chasm spawn a team of ecoterrorists who want to blow up the station
have their kits be based off of AVALANCHE
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #582230

Large amounts of blood on the floor left unattended will attract Slaughter Demon(s)
Megarop
Byond Username: Megarop

Post by Megarop » #582479

sinfulbliss wrote:Note that would still make it weaker than an esword (30), which is relatively cheap traitor gear.
Antag items are supposed to be better than the stuff the crew gets, especially the stuff they get for free round-start. I keep seeing people argue that stunbatons should be buffed because they're not as good as abductor batons or disablers should be buffed because they're not as good as ebows or whatever, it's ridiculous.
Ento
Byond Username: Thezipper100

Post by Ento » #584415

Is there any way to lower how much a Lizard dislikes bread, or increase how much they like things like Burgers or Meat-pizzas?
Right now, not being able to eat dough of any kind even with meat in it makes things un-necessarily difficult for the Lizards and Chefs alike. Chefs can't just make a bunch of meals for the whole crew, they have to make specifically meat-only dishes if they wanna feed about a quarter of the station, and Lizards are forced to eat pretty much just candy and Jerky from the vending machine when the chef makes the reasonable decision to make more complex recipes.
Cooking for a lizard is un-necessarily restrictive, and Eating as a lizard is just overly convoluted, especially when the Jerky runs out. As much as I like breaking into the morgue, slicing open a cadaver with the company-provided Bonesaw, consuming the heart, then dragging the rest of the bleeding sac of meat to the chef across the station, that should really not be the norm of what you have to do to get a decent meal as a lizard.

Also revert the doughnut change, but only for Lizards that spawn in sec.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #584418

Ento wrote:Is there any way to lower how much a Lizard dislikes bread, or increase how much they like things like Burgers or Meat-pizzas?
Right now, not being able to eat dough of any kind even with meat in it makes things un-necessarily difficult for the Lizards and Chefs alike. Chefs can't just make a bunch of meals for the whole crew, they have to make specifically meat-only dishes if they wanna feed about a quarter of the station, and Lizards are forced to eat pretty much just candy and Jerky from the vending machine when the chef makes the reasonable decision to make more complex recipes.
Cooking for a lizard is un-necessarily restrictive, and Eating as a lizard is just overly convoluted, especially when the Jerky runs out. As much as I like breaking into the morgue, slicing open a cadaver with the company-provided Bonesaw, consuming the heart, then dragging the rest of the bleeding sac of meat to the chef across the station, that should really not be the norm of what you have to do to get a decent meal as a lizard.

Also revert the doughnut change, but only for Lizards that spawn in sec.
Ey, the bad suggestions thread is a couple doors down. Lizard diets are fine, you're forgetting about fruit as a meal option. If you want to be a bread lizard take deviant tastes or aguesia. This is like getting mad that digis are owned by glass and then trying to get shoes added for them. The challenge is a part of playing the species.

Also ginger ale lowers disgust, but you'll still get the negative moodlet.

Also try breeding rats.
Ento
Byond Username: Thezipper100

Post by Ento » #584438

[/quote]
Ey, the bad suggestions thread is a couple doors down. Lizard diets are fine, you're forgetting about fruit as a meal option. If you want to be a bread lizard take deviant tastes or aguesia. This is like getting mad that digis are owned by glass and then trying to get shoes added for them. The challenge is a part of playing the species.

Also ginger ale lowers disgust, but you'll still get the negative moodlet.

Also try breeding rats.[/quote]

Wait, Lizards can eat fruit?
No, seriously, are you fucking with me? I thought Lizards were carnivores, as does everyone else I've ever seen play a lizard or ever refer to a lizard's diet, and everyone who explained racial traits to me as an assistant, this is legitimately new information to me.

Have I really been breaking into the morgue and desecrating corpses for my own amusement rather then my survival?

Also ether way still let sec lizards eat doughnuts, if you can't stuff your face full of 'nut after legally committing 33 assaults and a murder, you don't deserve to be security.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #584440

if lizards can't eat gyoza that's clearly an oversight

also add gyoza
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #584454

add rat filled donuts that have a small chance to appear in donut boxes

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #584455

Ento wrote:Wait, Lizards can eat fruit?
No, seriously, are you fucking with me? I thought Lizards were carnivores, as does everyone else I've ever seen play a lizard or ever refer to a lizard's diet, and everyone who explained racial traits to me as an assistant, this is legitimately new information to me.

Have I really been breaking into the morgue and desecrating corpses for my own amusement rather then my survival?

Also ether way still let sec lizards eat doughnuts, if you can't stuff your face full of 'nut after legally committing 33 assaults and a murder, you don't deserve to be security.
Vegetarian lizards can only eat fruit, but all lizards can. As for the doughnuts thing, it used to be that way so it might be worth doing something about, there are also meat donuts that are technically grainless.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584528

Replace wayfinding pinpointers and the dispenser which nobody uses with a UI element like the Nar-Sie tracker that's hidden when not in use to avoid clutter. Make it show a path to the destination like AIs see with bots so it isn't just as the crow flies. Make it point to the closest entrance to a department, which would be an airlock variable defined by the mapper.
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #585464

Add dream levels to being unconscious.
NSFW:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #585508

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Cheese golems.
► Show Spoiler
BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #585575

Ento wrote: Wait, Lizards can eat fruit?
Normal Lizards like food that is MEAT or GROSS (which covers Poppy Flowers, Mice, Blood Tomatoes, etc.) They dislike foods that are GRAIN and DAIRY. Also Just because your Lizard doesn't like the taste, doesn't mean that they specifically CAN'T eat it, they just get a negative moodlet and a little grossed out, so pace yourself! Food is only toxic if you get the "What the hell was that?" message.

As for suggestions, Chef should have access to Delta Hydroponics to be in line with the other stations.

Cheese material sounds cool too, but the overlays for the special materials need to be fixed at some point.
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #585597

Add Ventriloquist dummies to the Autodrobe in a quality of 3 for 78 credits per dummy and add "Jigsaw Ventriloquist Dummy" (Jigsaw "Billy" doll colored ventriloquist dummies that deal 10 blunt damage + bleed on hit and doesn't let the clown hit himself when attacking another player with it, the quantity of the "Jigsaw Ventriloquist Dummy" is 1) to the autodrobe in contraband mode only for 130 credits

Why i think that this would help the game: Clowns would have a semi-viable method of self-defense if they went through the effort of hacking the autodrobe, not to mention, anyone would be able to do puppet shows if they get their hands on at least two dummies, like Rat'var and Nar'sie arguing for example.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #585605

Save pictures using the camera function whenever someone goes into crit or dies.

1 for logging purposes
2 so we can laugh at stupid deaths later
BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #585610

Make it so mimes can ACTUALLY use the ventriloquist dummy as intended
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #585637

Expand the wet or covered in flammable liquid mob states to a Noita-like stain system. For example, if you are covered in lube you can't walk without triggering lube's slip and people who step on you will slip. You will also lube tiles you cross.
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588204

Add emote controlled facial expressions to humans
NSFW:

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #588230

cacogen wrote:Add emote controlled facial expressions to humans
This might be doable for the mime mask...
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #588270

That's a good idea. But also, human facial expressions. I'd try it but I can't sprite.
NSFW: