Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by cacogen » #588270

Bottom post of the previous page:

That's a good idea. But also, human facial expressions. I'd try it but I can't sprite.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #588308

RaveRadbury wrote:
cacogen wrote:Add emote controlled facial expressions to humans
This might be doable for the mime mask...
oh great now I'm thinking about that thing from popee the performer that just has every conceivable facial expression painted on a mask and when it changes expressions the old mask falls off to reveal a new one underneath
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #588820

single use wizard spell that sets an items force to 30 so you can beat the crew to death with anything you want
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #588833

nianjiilical wrote:single use wizard spell that sets an items force to 30 so you can beat the crew to death with anything you want
spell that sets every object in the room's throwforce to 30 and throws it at a particular guy
edit: or just a single item so you can pair it with recall and make the glaive from krull
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #588850

Screemonster wrote:
nianjiilical wrote:single use wizard spell that sets an items force to 30 so you can beat the crew to death with anything you want
spell that sets every object in the room's throwforce to 30 and throws it at a particular guy
edit: or just a single item so you can pair it with recall and make the glaive from krull
i just want the ability to make any item in the game a 30 force weapon

kill the clown with soap

kill the captain with ian

murderbone with the nuke disk

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #589623

give revenants the power to put hauntium's haunted element on items as a high level ability so revenants can make the armory fight sec

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #590282

let sentient diseases talk to deadchat since they have zero ways to communicate with any other players

tbh sentient diseases need a lot of things but this would be nice

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #593744

Trapdoors

1. Jacob's trapdoor
2. HoP line trapdoor (button-activated)
3. Bottomless trapdoor
4. Weight-activated trapdoor
5. Open/shut trapdoor
NSFW:

Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #593871

cacogen wrote:Trapdoors

1. Jacob's trapdoor
2. HoP line trapdoor (button-activated)
3. Bottomless trapdoor
4. Weight-activated trapdoor
5. Open/shut trapdoor
6. Trapdoor Spiders
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #594017

smoking weed should give you the red cult eyes examine text

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #594020

I've thought that too. It makes the cult message less certain if you don't have something to cover your eyes with and it's nice attention to detail.
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #594861

Prisoners should be roundstart antag because it's boring and pointless and there's no reason not to let them out other than roleplay. Security should be incentivised to keep them alive with greentext and a cheevo or something. This isn't a change I'm willing to try to implement or to fight stupid people for I just wanted to put it here so if this suggestion threatens you you don't need to jump down my throat because it is very unlikely to happen.
NSFW:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #595126

You should be able to adjust the thresholds for automatic buffers (plumbing). It's kind of silly that you can't adjust the volume needed for an automatic buffer to be considered "ready" to empty, or the amount they dispense when "ready".

For example, you have to line up 10 automatic buffers in a row for the plastic reaction (a 5:3:2 ratio). Ideally, you would only need three buffers for the plastic reaction, one for each reagent.
► Show Spoiler
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #595226

What if...

we implement a menu (like the one crafting uses) for surgery? As long as one has the tools available (like the already implemented system for crafting) one can perform surgeries with a click of a button that takes X amount of time. If they are not a doctor, then add either failure rate or increase the total time by Y.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #595358

Tourist bots from Austria which ask for hard liquor, then tell you your wine sucks if there's no lead in their drink
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #595376

Istoprocent1 wrote:What if...

we implement a menu (like the one crafting uses) for surgery? As long as one has the tools available (like the already implemented system for crafting) one can perform surgeries with a click of a button that takes X amount of time. If they are not a doctor, then add either failure rate or increase the total time by Y.
My immersion
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #595451

I think (almost) all guns should have the ability to attach a flashlight to them, and not just disablers and eguns. Laserguns and even shotguns should have this option.
Spoiler:
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #595462

Jaredfogle wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:What if...

My immersion
A radial menu would be a better solution. In any case I would like to see the game move away from the tedious and laggy clickfest to more streamlined and efficient approach when it comes to doing the jobs. The basic concept would be the same that you stand around the place, but now instead of doing tedious laggy clicks you can use the time to interact (press a button for say leg surgery, timer starts, chat with the patient etc).

At the moment things that are cancer - virology (super tedious clickfest - add drop, put in machine, empty, add more drops etc - this could be fixed by creating an UI in the virocomp etc), surgery (clickfest), hacking airlocks (clickfest) etc.

Edit: Other QoL Suggestions

Botany's Biogenerator - switch the order tabs. At the moment its FOOD, BOTANY, ORGANING (or whatever). There is no reason FOOD should be the first and default tab. The access to BOTANY related stuff should be the default and first.

Edit: Other Misc Suggestions

Plants with Hypodermic Prickles should inject their chems on melee hit (at the moment they do it on throwing, not sure if death nettles do it on hit or not). Bamboo Meth beatsticks need to become a reality.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #595467

Is it possible to let prisoners spawn as changling I think it would be pretty pog IMO
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #595485

Reworking the map rotation/voting system. At the moment the most popular map gets played only 40% of the time (its Meta, Meta, Delta, Delta, Ice/Kilo), which is not good. Since coders are adamant in pushing second tier maps onto the player base, the system could be improved as following:

Round 1: Meta
Round 2: Vote between Delta/Kilo/Ice
Round 3: Meta
Round 4: Vote between Delta/Kilo/Ice - if it is the same map as previous vote, lock it out / another option is to lock out previous votes so all the second tier maps get played
Round 5: Meta
Round 6: Vote between Delta/Kilo/Ice

Rince and repeat. That way there is no huge cap between the rounds of Meta and Meta playtime increases to 50%.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #595487

lol
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #595489

Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #595507

Last edited by SuperNovaa41 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #595731

It'd be cool if the shaker made a shaking sound instead of a chemical bubbling sound when you mix drinks
Spoiler:
vkalls
Byond Username: Vincent Kallstrom

Post by vkalls » #595752

Cardboard tube bonk noise/message.
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #596091

There are some stuns that are pretty bonkers and could use a rework:

1) Borg stunarm - at the moment 1 hit gg, could be nerfed to work like regular stun baton.
2) Cult hand - at the moment 1 hit gg, could be nerfed to work like void heretic stinky hand - mute + knockdown etc
3) Telescopic baton - at the moment 1 hit = disarm+knockdown, 2 hits = stamcrit. Could be nerfed to work like a disabler, doing stam damage and requiring 4 hits to stam crit, no disarm nor knockdown before that.
4) Clown/Lube slips - needs to be reduced in duration a ton, its literally gg with one slip and shove to paralyze.
Time-Green
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Time-Green

Post by Time-Green » #596223

Farquaar wrote:You should be able to adjust the thresholds for automatic buffers (plumbing). It's kind of silly that you can't adjust the volume needed for an automatic buffer to be considered "ready" to empty, or the amount they dispense when "ready".

For example, you have to line up 10 automatic buffers in a row for the plastic reaction (a 5:3:2 ratio). Ideally, you would only need three buffers for the plastic reaction, one for each reagent.
You can adjust the volume needed with right-click
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #596455

You should be able to wear a plunger on your head.
► Show Spoiler
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #596645

1) Additional wire for vending machines - it would work as a security mechanism against hacking as well as a chance for antags to create workplace accidents.
Cutting or Pinging the wire would cause the vending machine to topple over onto any adjacent player.

2) Contractor Kit rework - replacing current Kit with the essentials (with no random items, people who want to play lottery can get a crate or tactical kits)
* Tablet
* Contractor Baton with EMP effect added (similar to EMP Flashlight) - the noise of the baton already is a dead giveaway, it could be a bit more useful, since at the moment its better to just tide a stun baton and use that.
* Thermal Vision Glasses + Full Chameleon Kit + Agent ID Card

3) Surgery Dufflebag rework - its pretty medicore as emag (fits in pocket) with unlimited borgs + stunarm is 4TC.
Either pricing it at 1TC as is or keep it as 3TC with built borg shell w/ emagged options added.

4) Voice changer rework - people still be hissing and meowing.
A toggle or prefixes for certain speech patterns would be nice to have.

5) Disabling "suicide" and "succumb" verbs - bunch of times contract/cult/etc targets have gibbed themselves or people are succumbing to be condoms.
"ghost" is the only verb needed - you want out of the round or are in an inescapable situation? Just use "ghost".
Istoprocent1

Post by Istoprocent1 » #597759

Medical HUDs (and possibly others) displaying job over the sprite as the SecHUD does currently. This would be a QoL change.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #597763

Fire unless extinguished quickly should burn all your hair and leave you bald.

How is it that my character after dead, husked and carbonized by a hellish plasmafire still retains their hair??

This is unnaceptable, muh immersion please?

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #597780

Agux909 wrote:Fire unless extinguished quickly should burn all your hair and leave you bald.

How is it that my character after dead, husked and carbonized by a hellish plasmafire still retains their hair??

[youtube]fRelWwGRQII[/youtube]
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #597794

The library's art gallery should have at least one or two blank painting frames per shift. Most of the time when I visit the gallery roundstart, I notice that there's no room to add new paintings. It's a real shame when you have an artistic itch.

I get that we don't want spam of crappy, low-quality paintings, but there really should be a way to add a painting to the database without having to pray that there's a frame left in the gallery. If you spend the entire shift on a painting, there's gotta be a way to get it preserved when the gallery is full.
► Show Spoiler
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #597817

Farquaar wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Fire unless extinguished quickly should burn all your hair and leave you bald.

[youtube]fRelWwGRQII[/youtube]
Yes.
Farquaar wrote:The library's art gallery should have at least one or two blank painting frames per shift. Most of the time when I visit the gallery roundstart, I notice that there's no room to add new paintings. It's a real shame when you have an artistic itch.

I get that we don't want spam of crappy, low-quality paintings, but there really should be a way to add a painting to the database without having to pray that there's a frame left in the gallery. If you spend the entire shift on a painting, there's gotta be a way to get it preserved when the gallery is full.
If the art gallery is full and you have an artistic itch you simply remove a painting and put your own, since removing a painting in-game doesn't remove it from the database.
The first time I wanted to add a painting there was no space so I asked the curator, and they simply removed one to put my own.

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #597846

Agux909 wrote:If the art gallery is full and you have an artistic itch you simply remove a painting and put your own, since removing a painting in-game doesn't remove it from the database.
The first time I wanted to add a painting there was no space so I asked the curator, and they simply removed one to put my own.
You can remove paintings from frames?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this perfidious persistent painting system needs documentation on the wiki.
► Show Spoiler
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #597878

Farquaar wrote:
Agux909 wrote:If the art gallery is full and you have an artistic itch you simply remove a painting and put your own, since removing a painting in-game doesn't remove it from the database.
You can remove paintings from frames?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this perfidious persistent painting system needs documentation on the wiki.
the cycle:
coder wants to change something, because they can't do it in-game
coder opens git and gets to work
coder either learns that there's a way to do it already, or changes the code so they can do it
coder now knows how to do the thing in the game
coder therefore has no need or use for wiki documentation, so they don't make any

I can't think of a way to solve this outside of something like maintainers mandating that new features have a wiki page ready to go before they'll merge them, but that introduces its own problems
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #597884

ideally the wiki is unnecessary and you can learn mechanics through gameplay, so i'd never consider a wiki requirement. i usually get on people's cases if they add some behavior without an accompanying examine line, for instance.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #598156

I made the names and descriptions of the painting things more intuitive because I didn't understand how they worked or how to interact with that white square on the wall but probably a blue examine message explaining how to remove the painting would suffice
NSFW:

exymian
Byond Username: Exymian

Post by exymian » #598163

Alright, this little alteration in atmos is VERY important and should be made in all maps. Meta station, delta station and some other maps have the same layout

All i ask is for you to do this;

https://gyazo.com/e0e4f1d6491c0594631c05bf1c0a4f96

It is very important, right now you have to empty the pipe if you want to unwrench it to put a layer adaptor and oyu have to do this on all chambers. Its very annoying for no reason and can be fixed with a simple change. I would love it if someone did this as i have no experience so i dont even want to try.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #598442

Istoprocent1 wrote:There are some stuns that are pretty bonkers and could use a rework:

1) Borg stunarm - at the moment 1 hit gg, could be nerfed to work like regular stun baton.
2) Cult hand - at the moment 1 hit gg, could be nerfed to work like void heretic stinky hand - mute + knockdown etc
3) Telescopic baton - at the moment 1 hit = disarm+knockdown, 2 hits = stamcrit. Could be nerfed to work like a disabler, doing stam damage and requiring 4 hits to stam crit, no disarm nor knockdown before that.
4) Clown/Lube slips - needs to be reduced in duration a ton, its literally gg with one slip and shove to paralyze.
These all are already pretty balanced except for the borg stunarm. The cult hand is 1-hit-gg because you will be converted after stunning. It doesn't remove you from the round after the stun like the heretic hand. So it should be a little easier to stun people, whereas if you get caught by a heretic it's round-removal. The heretic is also a solo antag role, meaning if you win it's just you who wins. Cultists usually have a good chunk of people, and a higher win percentage as a result. It's not a huge deal if cult wins because lots of people get to win along with them.

Telebatons are perfectly balanced, especially since they are only obtainable by heads. Heads should have a 2-hit stamcrit with knockdown in melee range, to deal with all the crazy shit they might encounter (you don't want heads getting eliminated roundstart by a stunprod for instance). 4-hit stamcrit would essentially make telebatons obsolete since disablers are 4-hit stamcrit already, plus they're ranged.

Lube slips are funni and can be simply walked around, they're fairly visible on the floor already. Perhaps making them slightly more noticeable would be an idea.
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #598705

The RCD destruction scan thing is fantastic. But having had an opportunity to try it to rebuild after the SM delaminated, I had some suggestions:

1. Make the holograms appear for longer, or even make them a toggle
2. Make it so structures like lockers don't prevent holograms from appearing, because it's not intuitive lockers do this and moving them takes a bit longer
3. Add airlocks and floor holograms, because it's not always obvious if a gap in a wall is meant for an airlock (or which airlock type went there) or that a space surrounded by walls was a room and not an empty space
NSFW:

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #598719

The reagent dartgun should have a capacity of 105u or 90u instead of 100u. Currently it fires six 15u syringes, and then it is left with 10u. It would make more sense to give it a capacity divisible by 15 so it can use up all its storage. The remaining 10u fucks up the ratios when you want to refill it again with your deathchem mix.
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #599214

- Add the Falador party room shuttle except have the chest start with good items otherwise it will never get used
- Add a holiday calendar I don't know TGUI to code it

Neither of these are minor but I'm not sticking my neck out making a new thread for shit no one cares about
NSFW:

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #599244

we have space ninjas, space wizards, space pirates and space knights

but to my knowledge theres no space cowboy gear

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #599248

nianjiilical wrote:we have space ninjas, space wizards, space pirates and space knights

but to my knowledge theres no space cowboy gear
if you add that you'll have to add gangster of love gear
Shad0k
Byond Username: Shad0k

Post by Shad0k » #599382

Make law changes more noticeable. A loud noise and a hud icon would do.

An emag already forces the borg to stop attacking the emagger and to read the chat, and I think regular law changes should do something similar (but not as annoying). A chat message alone isn't enough if you're already in the middle of killing a rev that got his human status updated.

This should also apply to AIs. This evening, a nonhuman wizard jaunted into the core and the AI player (me), who had died in the exact same way that round, immediately flashed, opened doors and called for help. That AI player was not aware of the recent code change that allows laws to be uploaded directly onto AI cores without a console, and as a result they did not read the chat until it was too late. That's a very specific chain of events, but even the most basic and uneventful law change can be missed by some AI players and it's a shame to bwoink them for mistakes that could have been avoided with a small code change.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #599385

Shad0k wrote:Make law changes more noticeable. A loud noise and a hud icon would do.

An emag already forces the borg to stop attacking the emagger and to read the chat, and I think regular law changes should do something similar (but not as annoying). A chat message alone isn't enough if you're already in the middle of killing a rev that got his human status updated.

This should also apply to AIs. This evening, a nonhuman wizard jaunted into the core and the AI player (me), who had died in the exact same way that round, immediately flashed, opened doors and called for help. That AI player was not aware of the recent code change that allows laws to be uploaded directly onto AI cores without a console, and as a result they did not read the chat until it was too late. That's a very specific chain of events, but even the most basic and uneventful law change can be missed by some AI players and it's a shame to bwoink them for mistakes that could have been avoided with a small code change.
This. I was playing AI the other day and didn't notice a law change until nearly an hour later. Granted, the new law 0 was poorly written, but I feel bad for the traitor who took the time to subvert me with no benefit to them.
► Show Spoiler
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin

Post by nianjiilical » #599592

fake cult halo hat

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #599628

Running out of O2 while on internals should switch internals automatically off.
Spoiler:
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #599641

sinfulbliss wrote:Running out of O2 while on internals should switch internals automatically off.
I don't think that's a good idea.I 'd rather suffocate than breathe in CO2 or N2O and get put to sleep.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #600020

Laser pointers should be attachable to guns and activate on right-click. While attached as such, they don't blind, but they grant a bonus to accuracy if you hold someone up using a laser-pointed gun. Just for the fun "laser pointer on the chest" trope.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.