Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Togopal » #292591

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nilons wrote:Add CQC to the traitor uplink at any tc cost deemed necessary, it doesnt really work with nuke ops because its literally based off a lone operator type thing, and if you wanna be a loud kung fu man carp is more forwardly robust. It's fun and I wanna use it pls add
Won't happen, but >inb4 the "WAAAGH CQC IS TOO OVERPOWERED FOR REGULAR TRAITORS" from the mains who abuse Sleeping Carp's instant aggro grab and 15 damage punches

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #292723

Togopal wrote:
Nilons wrote:Add CQC to the traitor uplink at any tc cost deemed necessary, it doesnt really work with nuke ops because its literally based off a lone operator type thing, and if you wanna be a loud kung fu man carp is more forwardly robust. It's fun and I wanna use it pls add
Won't happen, but >inb4 the "WAAAGH CQC IS TOO OVERPOWERED FOR REGULAR TRAITORS" from the mains who abuse Sleeping Carp's instant aggro grab and 15 damage punches
>attacked in the brig my two carp users

eeeehhehehehhe

Anyways no, I'd love to see cqc. While it is better than carp melee wise it don got no projectile reflection so I think it's fair
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #292724

Also sleeping carp not op
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #292741

Lower the requirements to make a supermatter go singulo or tesla. I only ever get to see it explode these days!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #292742

Gun Hog wrote:Lower the requirements to make a supermatter go singulo or tesla. I only ever get to see it explode these days!
It seems really random in that sometimes it will explode in seconds and other times it'll take years to do anything
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #292779

I can make it go tesla in like, 3-5 minutes. Just flood it with CO2, set the air alarms vents to internal checks only and target pressure 0.

It'll either go tesla or singulo before anyone can stop it.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #292811

Engineering should get some radsuits for the supermatter because they're cool.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #292888

Which maps are missing them?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #294563

Metal foam should make a metal foam floor if the foam goes over a space/lattice tile
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #294583

Anonmare wrote:Metal foam should make a metal foam floor if the foam goes over a space/lattice tile
what if you were patching a hole to space and instead of walling it off you just got floors to more space

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #294658

Togopal wrote:
Anonmare wrote:Metal foam should make a metal foam floor if the foam goes over a space/lattice tile
what if you were patching a hole to space and instead of walling it off you just got floors to more space
I hate metal foam making walls, they take forever to bash down and more often than not - impede repairing breaches. If I wanted to wall a breach off, I'd rather use an RCD or build a wall manually.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #295195

The ability to place placard signs upon doors in order to provide details of who works there, what this place is or additional info such as "do not disturb ERP build-work in process"

If a office changes hands, just put a new name on the door.

Spoiler:
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #295499

Anonmare wrote:
Togopal wrote:
I hate metal foam making walls, they take forever to bash down and more often than not - impede repairing breaches. If I wanted to wall a breach off, I'd rather use an RCD or build a wall manually.
But if metal foam didn't make walls, then how would Chemistry non-lethally troll everyone? They'd be stuck with lube, which is just so low-brow
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #295500

DiamondSentinel wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
Togopal wrote:
But if metal foam didn't make walls, then how would Chemistry non-lethally troll everyone? They'd be stuck with lube, which is just so low-brow
I'm saying that, when it goes over space/lattice tiles - it makes a foam floor that can be floor tiled to make plating/floors. On a plating/floor tile - it makes a wall as usual.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #295522

Anonmare wrote:
DiamondSentinel wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
Togopal wrote:
I'm saying that, when it goes over space/lattice tiles - it makes a foam floor that can be floor tiled to make plating/floors. On a plating/floor tile - it makes a wall as usual.
I know. I'm just messing around here. Personally, I think that's a very neat idea.

Also question, since I've never tried it: Can you use metal foam in cleaner bottle or some similar thing to just target a single tile? If not, then that's probably my biggest suggestion.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #295817

Allow ai to view mining outpost

Add Devil round to normal round pool with multiple devils a round potentially
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #295822

Reyn wrote:Allow ai to view mining outpost

Add Devil round to normal round pool with multiple devils a round potentially
AI already can. Go to AI commands tab and then the change camera netwrok verb, then select MINE or LABOR
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #295847

Minor suggestion: implement some of these suggestions

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #295860

Event where a damaged emergency shuttle crashes into the station with a number of random crewmembers on board, with some random equipment on them. The typical sort of shit that people might have on your typical round-end, some of them with traitor objectives in their bags, and so on.

Any number of these crewmembers may be traitors, with objectives along the lines of killing all the non-traitor crash survivors, giving them the hijack objective on this station, or simply escaping alive with the stolen shit they swiped from the station they were fleeing.

Or they might all be innocent survivors of a shuttlecrash. Who knows?
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #295876

Screemonster wrote:Event where a damaged emergency shuttle crashes into the station with a number of random crewmembers on board, with some random equipment on them. The typical sort of shit that people might have on your typical round-end, some of them with traitor objectives in their bags, and so on.

Any number of these crewmembers may be traitors, with objectives along the lines of killing all the non-traitor crash survivors, giving them the hijack objective on this station, or simply escaping alive with the stolen shit they swiped from the station they were fleeing.

Or they might all be innocent survivors of a shuttlecrash. Who knows?
But they only expected one in the wreckage

Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #296112

Make survival knives attachable to Kinetic Accelerators like flashlights, though only one at a time
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #296239

Yakumo_Chen wrote:Make survival knives attachable to Kinetic Accelerators like flashlights, though only one at a time
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/27416 It seems Kev was reading this thread.
DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #296697

We were just talking about this in deadchat, and it would be really cool if you could change door permissions (what groups can open the doors and what-not), rather than just having to change the permissions a person has from HoP.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #296705

DiamondSentinel wrote:We were just talking about this in deadchat, and it would be really cool if you could change door permissions (what groups can open the doors and what-not), rather than just having to change the permissions a person has from HoP.
You can do that. First you need to open its maintenance panel, cut both power wires (you can cut every wire but the door bolt wire) and weld it shut. After that, you can crowbar out the electronics, use them in hand and you can alter their permissions. Lastly, put the electronics back in and screwdriver to fix the door.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #296716

Brain damage quote: "The curator is a cultist!"
Had a lot of fun last round where one guy got fooled by languages
ImageImageImage
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #296774

Anonmare wrote:
DiamondSentinel wrote:We were just talking about this in deadchat, and it would be really cool if you could change door permissions (what groups can open the doors and what-not), rather than just having to change the permissions a person has from HoP.
You can do that. First you need to open its maintenance panel, cut both power wires (you can cut every wire but the door bolt wire) and weld it shut. After that, you can crowbar out the electronics, use them in hand and you can alter their permissions. Lastly, put the electronics back in and screwdriver to fix the door.
Some way to do that without literally deconstructing the door could be cool tho.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #296809

XDTM wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
Some way to do that without literally deconstructing the door could be cool tho.
I had made an AI way to do this prior to the refactor. The AI being able to do this makes sense because of the ID scan control (This ability could be disabled by cutting the AI wire). As for humans, perhaps a person with both engineering access and normal access to the airlock could open the interface. The Engineering access requirement is so that not just anyone with a toolbelt and access to the airlock can do it (else you would have greyscum setting levels on public airlocks).
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #296828

cats (the animals) should be able to see in the dark (muh realism)
laser pens should be stronger if they are shot through glass
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Limey

Post by Limey » #296829

I just wanna blind people passing by the lawyer office
Spoiler:
NSFW:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #296978

The ability to put shell beacons in drones, but in return making the beacon be lost when the drone is killed, hands for the AI but VERY VERY weak.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #297106

A library computer for the lavaland syndies. So they have some horrible books to quote to the crew
Limey

Post by Limey » #297270

Anonmare wrote:A library computer for the lavaland syndies. So they have some horrible books to quote to the crew
they really need more minor shit in the lounge. not a single arcade machine to be found! sad!
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #297833

Wall traps for traitor engineers:

Use a screwdriver to select the trap type (e.g. rifle bullet, stun, acid)
Put trap on girder facing towards desired firing direction
Put metal on girder to finish wall
Place pressure plate that causes nearby trapped walls to fire under floor tile
Limey

Post by Limey » #298004

I wouldnt mind seeing something similar as a craftable thing, though to prevent a shitler from trapping the entire primary hallway you'll have to make it slightly difficult to get the necessary materials to construct it. you'd also need the respective component for the type of trap you're making, like ammo or acid.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #298388

just make signalers attachable to floor tiles

imagine putting a small bomb in a smuggler's satchel like ten tiles away from a pressure plate
repeat at regular intervals so they blunder into them while fleeing from the shrapnel
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #298390

We already have pressure plates to do this screemonster.

Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #298391

what the fuck when were they added
I need to approach this game from the new player "let's find out what's possible" angle again
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #298401

They're in the crafting menu
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #298442

Acquire plasteel sheets, cable coil, and a floor tile. Craft pressure plate. Configure and attach remote signaler. Remove tile from desired spot, if any. Drop pressure plate on desired spot. Place floor tile on the floor to hide (It is still somewhat visible). Set bomb/trap's signaler to the same freq and code. Wait for the clown to step on it. Smart clowns will remain on the device, as it triggers when stepped off, not on.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #298513

Gun Hog wrote:Acquire plasteel sheets, cable coil, and a floor tile. Craft pressure plate. Configure and attach remote signaler. Remove tile from desired spot, if any. Drop pressure plate on desired spot. Place floor tile on the floor to hide (It is still somewhat visible). Set bomb/trap's signaler to the same freq and code. Wait for the clown to step on it. Smart clowns will remain on the device, as it triggers when stepped off, not on.

Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #298791

Let people freely draw on paper using crayons! A nice clown girl can draw me cute doodles, or a cargo tech can draw a penis on the Head of Security's request for more Mindshield implants, who would then draw a pair of handcuffs on another request form! (Also Lol FF stealing people's sigs)
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #299754

Beeps can arrest narsie and rather.
His justice boner cannot be stopped by mere gods.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #299805

Resting on a grenade reduces its effects. Laying on an explosive grenade confines the most severe damage to the tile it is on, smoke/foam grenades spread out in half the radius and flashbangs have their effects reduced by half
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #300347

Instead of butchering a corpse let me skin it first, I want to be the Lizard predator, skinning my human victims to strike fear into their allies.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #300368

If someone is stunned you should be able to climb tables and drop into them for massive amounts of damage.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
PanzerIV
Byond Username: Panzer IV

Post by PanzerIV » #300378

Let the medcal doctors have the option to select body not to be clone for the person in the cloning pod so they can be cloned faster
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #301128

A gun for traitor atmospheric technicians that has different effects depending on the gas contents of the location of the target.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #301137

More of a question but can you rub dead peoples finger prints on objects?

I.E.
Ima tator
Have to kill lawyer
Knock out lawyer
Drag to maint
Execute with syndie revolver
Rub prints on revolver
Write a suicide letter
Rub prints on letter and pen
Give them my uplink earpiece
Rub their prints on that to

Greentext
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #301140

No, fingerprints are triggered by clicks, a dead player's clicks dont register.
私は完璧
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #301142

I used to do something similar with Changeling. I'd transform into the person I wanted to frame, break-in to some place like tech storage, steal somethign important or dangerous from it and make sure to leave as many prints as I could, leave and wait for someone to report the crime and let security do the rest.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #301351

If you feed a carpet-plant crayon powder, it will alter its given carpet type to carpet of that color.

Same applies to carpet chemicals.

Its relevant now we have black carpet, so it'd be feeding a carpet plant some crayon powder = get a carpet plant harvest with a black overlay and black carpet tiles when you craft it. (Or have the crayon powder modify the carpet plant genes for "carpet coloration - black" so you can restore the carpet plant when it dies without more powder.)

Spoiler: