Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by qwert » #92450

Bottom post of the previous page:

FRANCLINIUM chem - makes mob with franclinium in bloodstream to shoot lightening bolts all around him, causes burn damage to mob injected with it C:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92454

I read that as 'Francinum' and...no, no, I'm not insulting another ex-Bayer, that would be like eating my own young.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PJB3005
Byond Username: PJB3005

Post by PJB3005 » #92676

this please: https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/2821

I can't be bothered to port it myself, but I'll put it here incase anybody wants to do it.

Oh, it got reverted due to a small delay when you change hotkeys (t-thanks BYOND), if nobody cares about it here.
Hellafied
Byond Username: The-White-Crayon

Post by Hellafied » #93110

invisty wrote:Make emagging a drone flip the drone's 3rd law. It still can't interact with entities, but it is instructed to deconstruct the station.
yas
Image ImageImage
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #93301

Replica blood-red hardsuits, because the replica black-red spacesuits don't fool anyone anymore.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #93474

Sandstone should be able to be made into sandstone tiles. This already works with most minerals but not sandstone for some reason.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #93615

Give ops the ability to buy a fake CentComm announcement with TCs.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #93656

Got my hands on a kinetic spear gun during a wizard round and I've got to say it kinda sucks dick for you know, a single shot weapon that launch huge sharp sticks at people.It could probably use a bit of a buff. Maybe give it a couple of settings like an egun or taser? Lowest setting: Launches the harpoon at a low velocity. Enough damage to say "fuck off" to that annoying greyshit but not exactly the most lethal. Medium: Hits the target hard enough to lodge the harpoon in the victim for several steps. At this setting it can do some pretty good damage to a single target over the course of a couple of seconds. Third and highest setting: Launches the harpoon at a high enough speed to punch through multiple people. On this setting it acts as more of a crowd control weapon. Great if you're an antag looking to do a bit of damage but if you're using this as a nonantag in a crowded area you can expect to be robusted for being a dipshit.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #93689

Can we please for the love of god call charcoal dylovene again? In real life you put charcoal in someones stomach to prevent absorption and make then puke. It is burned up wood for fucks sake, why would we inject someone with blended charred wood when they are suffering from radiation poisoning? This would be excellent for my immersion, thank you.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #94033

Move the medbay foyer desk to the same side of the foyer as chems and give them a windoor. Thus, MDs can easily dispense chemicals to the injured, if they so want .
Mime: Depresso
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #94250

Someone make a drone skin from this:

Then I can code making a spear out of 3 or 4 of them
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #94675

mosquitoman wrote:Someone make a drone skin from this:

Then I can code making a spear out of 3 or 4 of them
If someone sprites it, I'll add it, Gekkos are cute.
私は完璧
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #94684

invisty wrote:Move the medbay foyer desk to the same side of the foyer as chems and give them a windoor. Thus, MDs can easily dispense chemicals to the injured, if they so want .
Coders need to move the Smartfridge into the foyer, otherwise it'll continue being disused. I'd do it myself, but I don't want to get yelled at.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #94739

Amnestik wrote:Coders need to move the Smartfridge into the foyer, otherwise it'll continue being disused. I'd do it myself, but I don't want to get yelled at.
coderbus doesn't yell at people for doing things wrong until they do things EXTREMELY wrong. recently had a PR that tried to merge all the jobs into station engineers, QMs, etc. it was dumb. it was closed.
also the smartfridge is intended to be medical-access only. prevents a clown running in and stealing it all.
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
invisty

Post by invisty » #94862

Consolidate the courtroom into the holodeck. Maybe add a bit more security to the holodeck controls so it isn't more of a horrible griff-target than it already is.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #94993

so move the courtroom into a holodeck sim? what would you put in the space where the courtroom is now? more cells? post your thoughts.
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #94997

Second detective's office
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #94999

(Mandatory shilling for !!GUNSMITHING!! here.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95017

I just want the detectives office on metastation to have an entrance to the station at large with a door button, so i can take private clients and stuff.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95088

You ~noir~ that and let them in through maint.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #95394

There are three small powers for changeling that I want to spitball.

Toolset: When you have this power it'll give you small drop down list of anything that you can consider a tool. Knives, medical surgery tools, Engineering tools excluding multitool, wires, and probably a welding tool. It'll give lings a toolset on the fly for brain removal or for breaking in to places.

Storage: An ability that will allow a changeling to use their Cavity Implant space to store items or pull items out of.
It'll let changelings hide items like brains, emags, traitor PDAs and other such items. Since it uses the cavity implant it would be possible to retrieve items if you can disable a changeling long enough.

The last idea I have is more of a small passive idea. If a changeling is holding a science implant and aims for that part's respective area then they could, with some time, self implant themselves.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #95437

420weedscopes wrote:so move the courtroom into a holodeck sim? what would you put in the space where the courtroom is now? more cells? post your thoughts.
yes, make the current courtroom maint space + a proper security office where consoles dont look out of place thanks
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #95500

Thermal vision should show people inside lockers and other machines. Not being able to see inside a locker or disposal bin even though you can see people through multiple walls is completely illogical. Good luck finding your target with thermals when they decide to afk/disconnect and hide in a locker, especially if it's in a secure department. It also allows people to camp inside lockers/bins and jump you, even though one of the main reasons to get thermals is to prevent exactly that.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #95521

I agree with the pretty bird. Thermals are used almost exclusively by antags and death squad. Also, there is no reason to use the Thermals implant over the Xray implant, even if the Thermals implant is harder to get due to illegal tech requirements. Also, Xray is a power from Genetics, so not getting access to the rare items to get the tech for Xray implants is not that big a deal. Having thermals work in this manner would give them a reason to be desired over xray!
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #95522

Shadowling abilities should be UI buttons instead of verbs. There are quite a few of them, and it gets difficult to keep track. They also need descriptions to remind you what they do.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #95598

Make Helmets of JUSTICE! standard security equipment
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #95622

Give the HoS's locker a Dredd firing pin. It's DNA-locked and explodes when someone other than the user fires it. (For bonus points, add a loyalty pin and an unpinned HoS gun, so they can choose how much justice they want.)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95624

Just make sure that emagging it removes the safeties.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #95628

we should be able to put corgi brains into borgs, and borgs with corgi brains act just like corgis. Such as wander around randomly, yap, chase their tails, dance around, yap more. And love you when you pet them.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #95647

Cuboos wrote:we should be able to put corgi brains into borgs, and borgs with corgi brains act just like corgis. Such as wander around randomly, yap, chase their tails, dance around, yap more. And love you when you pet them.
Maybe when we port the AI system to not be attached to the mob, then sure.
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #95654

Remie Richards wrote:
Cuboos wrote:we should be able to put corgi brains into borgs, and borgs with corgi brains act just like corgis. Such as wander around randomly, yap, chase their tails, dance around, yap more. And love you when you pet them.
you mean this exists? because i suggested it a million years ago and got shut down but if it exists elsewhere then i can feel validated anyways :P
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #95692

For the millionth time, MINOR suggestions.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #95726

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
you mean this exists? because i suggested it a million years ago and got shut down but if it exists elsewhere then i can feel validated anyways :P
No... not at all, I mean the AI System, as in, The Artificial Intelligence of Hostile and Non hostile mobs, not the AI Job.
私は完璧
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #95769

MisterPerson wrote:
For the millionth time, MINOR suggestions.
How is this not minor?
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #95783

It's an awful lot of effort.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #95924

The idea for this is minor suggestions, not minor features. It would be a minor feature, sure, but take a buttload of work
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #95934

Allow the RPD (Rapid Piping Device) to create conveyor belts!
hanshansenhansson
Byond Username: HansDampf

Post by hanshansenhansson » #95957

Add a small chance for latejoiners to join as rev/cult/gang/whatever-the-roundtype to lessen the "he just joined, he is cool"-meta
Celdur
Byond Username: Celdurr

Post by Celdur » #96316

Make it so lit matches give a very faint light, and then run out after a short time. Same with lighters but they stay lit for a longer time.
Also, make it so you can light cigarettes with the igniter attached to a flamethrower, just cause its badass.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96320

I know zippos already light the tile you are standing on
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #96341

Make double agents not know the name of their target, instead they get the following:

1) Picture of the target
2) Target's job
3) And a notice if the target changes jobs (Basically it'd be spawning with a crew monitor.)

This would give double agents more than "Gotta rush at round start with e-sword and e-bow to kill the guy then play the round out with no worry!"

It'd also fix if a double agent gets caught being stupid and found a traitor, they cant instantly snitch on their target because that's just annoying.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #96350

Even better, simply don't let them know their targets are DAs.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #96352

Wouldn't do much; you could meta it in a second by opening your uplink and not seeing the syndibomb.
Players can and will create their own fun.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #96353

We never get DA on basil, i had no idea there was different gear available. Is it to prevent forcing shuttlecalls with bombings or what?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #96357

Wyzack wrote:We never get DA on basil, i had no idea there was different gear available. Is it to prevent forcing shuttlecalls with bombings or what?
DA is about 3x the number of normal "traitors" in a round with the objective to kill eachother.

Turns out that a lot of people just BOMBED THE HELL OUT OF EVERYTHING in the hopes they might catch their would-be attacker, or just because lelbombs because more traitors = more bombs.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #96367

sirnat wrote:Make double agents not know the name of their target, instead they get the following:

1) Picture of the target
2) Target's job
3) And a notice if the target changes jobs (Basically it'd be spawning with a crew monitor.)

This would give double agents more than "Gotta rush at round start with e-sword and e-bow to kill the guy then play the round out with no worry!"

It'd also fix if a double agent gets caught being stupid and found a traitor, they cant instantly snitch on their target because that's just annoying.
I love this idea
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #96744

>minor suggestions
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #97251

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
sirnat wrote:Make double agents not know the name of their target, instead they get the following:

1) Picture of the target
2) Target's job

I love this idea
"Okay, where's the picture and what's the job."
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
invisty

Post by invisty » #97803

Give cyborgs greater protection from energy weapons. Physics-wise, it makes sense that metal is more resistant and reflective to electromagnetic radiation than flesh. Secondary to that, they've lost a lot of their niche abilities over years of nerfs, and niche buffs would really help set them apart from regular crew.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #98000

Dead bodies in lockers should have the falling over animation and sound effect when you open the locker. Same as what happens if you unbuckle someone from a chair while they're dead or otherwise incapacitated.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #98790

Copypasta'd over from that other thread:
Babin wrote:Emag capability for sleepers.
Emagging a sleeper will randomly scramble its buttons, making it frustrating to use. Pressing the button for morphine might inject salbutamol instead. A player can use trial and error to figure out which buttons are which.
Alternatively, make them inject substances that do the opposite of the medicine they're labelled as.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: