Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by DaemonBomb » #128364

Bottom post of the previous page:

When you "use" the blueprints, make it show a map of the station a la crew monitors.
Make the editing blueprint window come up when you use a pen/crayon on them.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128404

if you emag the bartender's drink dispenser thing, it should be able to dispense ethanol and radium
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #128468

PKPenguin321 wrote:if you emag the bartender's drink dispenser thing, it should be able to dispense ethanol and radium
Radium is already really easy to get as a bartender because the singulo requires them - it's also a fairly popular drink when you go full autism mode on the bar and shit out tonnes of different drinks on the bar, at least in my experience. People love going for the big red swirly drink.

What I'd do is make it dispense ethanol and welding fuel - that way the bartender can use his machine to make a tonne of napalm grenades, considering he can already get sugar easily, as well as being able to poison people with the welding fuel/ethanol (welding fuel is poisonous, right?).
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #128492

Trying to disarm someone with an active stunbaton should stun you...
... and trying to disarm someone with an active energy sword should damage your arms.
Orris
Byond Username: Orris

Post by Orris » #128518

You should be able to wear a camera in your exosuit slot (kind of like around your neck on one of those bands). It also adds an icon to quickly take a picture point blank at the top of the screen.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #128553

Orris wrote:You should be able to wear a camera in your exosuit slot (kind of like around your neck on one of those bands). It also adds an icon to quickly take a picture point blank at the top of the screen.
Yeah, and then you can play as Frank West during a zombie round.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #128594

Using a shard as a weapon should damage you, unless you use a bedsheet on it to make an improvised shiv.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #128613

that already happens. Hippie has shanks where you can use duct tape on a glass shard and it doesn't damage you.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #128653

TheNightingale wrote:Using a shard as a weapon should damage you, unless you use a bedsheet on it to make an improvised shiv.
that already happens, but why would you even use a shard as a weapon.
newfren

Post by newfren » #128721

Aren't shards like force 4 or something hilariously terrible.

Ok just looked it up, they're literally force 5.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #128729

Right click to hide UI elements and shortcut buttons, please.
Hate going for the old forcewall while running away and end up hitting "Speech"
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #128929

Allow hardsuits to give a radiation warning message with the pulse's intensity in their rad_act()
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #128977

TheNightingale wrote:Trying to disarm someone with an active stunbaton should stun you...
... and trying to disarm someone with an active energy sword should damage your arms.
do you have any idea how much of a huge buff that would be to those items.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #128985

tuypo1 wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:Trying to disarm someone with an active stunbaton should stun you...
do you have any idea how much of a huge buff that would be to those items.
That's the point. It's only a buff against unarmed people - and if you're attacking a stunbaton or energy sword user (usually Security or a traitor respectively), you need to rely on more than RNG disarm spam.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #128987

Or, here's a thought, the defender could git gud and learn how to land one or two hits.

RNG fucking you over is integral to SS13, anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129012

For the "select equipment" menu admins get (to dress someone up):
Hunter.

Top hat, thermonocle, Security gas mask, Command headset, Chaplain hoodie, combat gloves, SWAT boots, tactical turtleneck, emergency oxygen tank, lantern, ID, energy crossbow, combat shotgun, Bible.
(In the Bible is a magazine of bioterror, stun, slug, buckshot and dragonsbreath rounds, as well as a null rod and 100u holy water.)

Be the changeling/shadowling/traitor/wizard hunter this station needs -- but not the one it deserves.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #129056

TheNightingale wrote:For the "select equipment" menu admins get (to dress someone up):
Hunter.

Top hat, thermonocle, Security gas mask, Command headset, Chaplain hoodie, combat gloves, SWAT boots, tactical turtleneck, emergency oxygen tank, lantern, ID, energy crossbow, combat shotgun, Bible.
(In the Bible is a magazine of bioterror, stun, slug, buckshot and dragonsbreath rounds, as well as a null rod and 100u holy water.)

Be the changeling/shadowling/traitor/wizard hunter this station needs -- but not the one it deserves.
with augment parts
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #129089

Changeling hunter is useless if they're augmented, since EMPs will fuck 'em up.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129090

They're already blinded in an EMP from the Thermonocle, but the shotgun assortment should help negate Fleshmend/adrenal overdose (Bioterror and dragonsbreath make a good combination).

The one problem I've seen is that they don't actually have any armour - I considered an armored trenchcoat (the one the HoS starts with), but it couldn't fit a bible.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #129156

to be a true changeling hunter it needs at least one minibomb for that on-the-spot easy gibbing
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #129201

that's more a stereotypical vampire hunter than it is a changeling hunter. Changeling hunters would be assistants with spears, methinks.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129330

We could have a "useful assistant" too. Grey jumpsuit, toolbelt, insulated gloves, stunprod, spear, cablecuffs, gas mask, no ID, and an objective to irritate people.
(That's not a serious suggestion please don't code it)
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #129694

i would like to suggest a little quality-of-life addition. The ability to swap clothing items without having to manually remove them.

For example: I have a hat on my head, and a hat in my active hand, by clicking on the hat slot (or even the clothing menu toggle) I swap the two hats.No more spilling your PDA and ID and other shit on the floor every time you try to change uniforms.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #129738

Aka goon quick changing
The future is horrible!
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #129769

Catch spiderlings using boxes/containers, but if you remove them away from your hands/put it in your bag, the spiderling will wriggle out until caught with a box again, using your hands on a spiderling on the floor will crush it as opposed to picking it up from a box and holding it in your hand for a short while where it can be forcibly crushed by you on clicking it on your active hand or released by dropping/otherwise (spiderling burger?) Spiderlings can only not escape from plastic evidence bags so that is the best way to confine them.

If a spiderling matures while it is in your box/hand/bag, it will stun you for a short period of time in which you will probably die to spiderbites if you are alone, wrapping up a box is the only definitive way of pausing a spiders development for gameplay reasons and stopping it from escaping.

Also implementing this logic have spiderlings orderable via cargo for xeno in packaged boxes within crates, have xeno be able to scan spiderlings and certain mobs of interest using their science scanners to determine greens, reds and purples. Feeding a spiderling sugar via a syringe should make it friendly (sort of, it'll have a pete temprement, Aurelius must have been fed a lot of sugar over a long time to be so obedient) to you and spiderlings can be tagged to distinguish them with a name that carries on after development.

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #129788

1g88a wrote:i would like to suggest a little quality-of-life addition. The ability to swap clothing items without having to manually remove them.

For example: I have a hat on my head, and a hat in my active hand, by clicking on the hat slot (or even the clothing menu toggle) I swap the two hats.No more spilling your PDA and ID and other shit on the floor every time you try to change uniforms.
this deserves its own thread
Spoiler:
Orris
Byond Username: Orris

Post by Orris » #130135

Meh. I always thought the extra effort it took to change costumes was justified. For the convenience factor, yes it would be great to have this, but on the other hand how little sense does it make to be able to tear off your clothes, simultaneously hold all of your things in each pocket/exosuit slot, place the NEW clothes on, then instantaneously put everything back in the correct pocket WHILE running full sax down the hallway? I don't think it would be a good idea.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #130200

A "grabber" mode for vending machines, similar to the way the ore refiner picks up ore - when activated, it picks up any items of its type, that are not held, in adjacent tiles. It's a toggle, and it won't work on its own tile, so vending stuff won't be a problem.

Think of it like this - you load a bunch of slimes into the processor, placing it right next to the slime core fridge, and the grabber mode on the fridge picks up all those slime cores as they're made. Or chemistry, where you could quickdrop a bunch of patches next to the fridge without having to load them individually.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #130225

Let us build and upgrade gun rechargers!
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/12716
newfren

Post by newfren » #130282

AnonymousNow wrote:A "grabber" mode for vending machines, similar to the way the ore refiner picks up ore - when activated, it picks up any items of its type, that are not held, in adjacent tiles. It's a toggle, and it won't work on its own tile, so vending stuff won't be a problem.

Think of it like this - you load a bunch of slimes into the processor, placing it right next to the slime core fridge, and the grabber mode on the fridge picks up all those slime cores as they're made. Or chemistry, where you could quickdrop a bunch of patches next to the fridge without having to load them individually.
In both chemistry and xenobio we have solutions to this - the chemistry bag and bio bag will pick up all the patches/slime cores on a tile at once and can load them all into the vending machine from the bag.

It makes playing chemistry so much less tedious.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #130542

Let cargo order ores for points.

Mining sucks cock? That's not a fun-ruiner for R&D. Have the QM spend twenty points to get some uranium or whatever.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #130654

Replace mice chewing on wires with an occasional chance for wires to burn out depending on the load they're carrying (above a certain threshold - anything under, say, 200k should be safe).
Add a new type of heavy-duty cable that does not carry that risk for within the engine room itself, but coils only have 10 to a stack.

Suddenly engineers will have a reason not to just hardwire the engine or max the SMES and say "hurr durr they shouldn't be hacking" when someone gets shocked 'cause they're the ones that'll have to fix it when it causes trouble.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #130656

Even if it's a 1% chance, that's 1% per tick per wire - so on a station with 1000 wires, that's... about ten per tick. Is 200k enough to power the station? (I run 360k on Meta, that seems to work.)
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #130658

It'd probably be easier to implement as a frequent-ish random event. If it could just check the power networks rather than each individual length of wire, and pick a random wire in the network if it triggers, that might be more reasonable.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #130731

Let wizard listen to cult chat, and give wizard constructs imperfect communion.
Too many rounds I have spent as a wizard's construct having no idea where the wizard is, and no way to get in touch with him
Marflow
Byond Username: Marflow

Post by Marflow » #132234

It'd be nice to be able to build & upgrade furnaces or similar machine or to have version of Ore Redemption Machine that doesn't require ID access. Building autismal stuff at Derelict/White ship would be greatly helped if non-miners could go and mine the small clown asteroid and use the materials in said autismal fort.
newfren

Post by newfren » #132237

You can smelt with an ore redemption machine even if you don't have access - just pop the minerals in the top, then once you think they're all smelted you deconstruct the machine - all the smelted ores will pop out.
Smoopadoop
Byond Username: Smoopadoop

Teabags

Post by Smoopadoop » #132353

So that if we want tea, we can have a few cups of it before having to grow more.
A box of teabags would be in the kitchen at roundstart.
Can be ordered from cargo.
Just dip it in water and the bag is consumed as 20 tea powder is added to the water.
Mains:
David Bellic the Scientist (usually)
Guy Fieri the Cook (not anymore)
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #132383

Make alcohol have a purpose in combat besides the bottles being something to smash and stab people to death with. Getting shit faced will allow you to move at a normal pace regardless of how injured you are. Comes with a few drawbacks though. Get too drunk and you're of course going to be staggering around like a fucking idiot too much to put up a real fight (or maybe the unpredictable movement might work to your advantage in a fight?) Reaching a certain threshold also causes you to get a sense of invincibility in the form of your health doll and health bar always appearing at 100%. Make no mistake though, even though they're showing that you're fine and dandy you can still take damage. If you don't examine your character frequently while you're hammered don't be surprised if your character suddenly drops dead in the middle of a fight despite your hud showing him being unhurt and being able to move just fine.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #132612

Could we get a chainsaw 'on arm' sprite? Besides looking cool it lets your opponents know that it is nodrop and you still have the use of your other hand
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #132616

Wyzack wrote:Could we get a chainsaw 'on arm' sprite? Besides looking cool it lets your opponents know that it is nodrop and you still have the use of your other hand
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/12878
it's been up for a few days now, just waiting on a merge
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #132617

Beautiful
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #132625

The ability to create a spear using an E-dagger as a blade.
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #132675

Buyable magic resistance for wizards who summon magic so wand of death/polymorph isn't instant gg.
lol
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #132761

Could we add a small chute near the entrance to the brig to toss out trespassers without having to open the front doors? It would save sec a lot of headaches when bored greyshirts decide to "hang out" after tailgating some sec officer. It would also save lives because then sec won't be have to risk opening the doors (and potentially letting more shitters/antags in) again just to throw them out.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #132812

1g88a wrote:Could we add a small chute near the entrance to the brig to toss out trespassers without having to open the front doors? It would save sec a lot of headaches when bored greyshirts decide to "hang out" after tailgating some sec officer. It would also save lives because then sec won't be have to risk opening the doors (and potentially letting more shitters/antags in) again just to throw them out.
Open the internal door and throw them through.
Go to the door control
Hit external flash button
Hit external door button.
Wait for them to leave, then shut the door
Arrest anyone who ran in the external airlock for trespass.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #132821

Change the alt-sprite for jumpsuits from "rolled up sleeves" to "rolled down shirt", like the botany jumpsuit has.

Pros: shirtless assistants, potential for showing full body tattoos, potential for chest hair

Cons: what cons?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #132822

Con: everyone looks like a wigger
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #133136

Robotics suits are also already like that for maximum aexy mechanic effect
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #133199

most jumpsuits are like that actually
only ones that are sleeves only are suits (bartender suits, lawyer suits, maybe some formal sec uniforms)
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #133242

Have the protolathe/exosuit fabricator/autolathe set a fabricated item's material list based on the design datum's material requirement. Therefore, an item that costs 2000 metal to build will have 2000 metal salvageable from the item when using a maxed crusher.