Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Gun Hog » #133242

Bottom post of the previous page:

Have the protolathe/exosuit fabricator/autolathe set a fabricated item's material list based on the design datum's material requirement. Therefore, an item that costs 2000 metal to build will have 2000 metal salvageable from the item when using a maxed crusher.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #133351

Buffing the Janiborgs light replacer light regen rate.
Holy crap that thing is slow as fuck to regenerate and arbitrarily so too considering Engieborg's materials and Mediborg's gauze regens way faster
If that's "too" much to ask for, then at least an upgrade module? It's hell every time there's lights overloaded since the rechargers are your only way to make more lights by yourself.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #134090

Let gangs buy syndisoap for 5 influence. They can tag over opposing gangs with spray cans, but those run out of charge. Soap is forever.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #134156

Helios wrote:Let gangs buy syndisoap for 5 influence. They can tag over opposing gangs with spray cans, but those run out of charge. Soap is forever.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/13064
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134170

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Helios wrote:Let gangs buy syndisoap for 5 influence. They can tag over opposing gangs with spray cans, but those run out of charge. Soap is forever.
Replace with branded gang soap?

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #134176

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Replace with branded gang soap?
gimmie them sprites and sure
edit: actually maybe not since im using syndie soap partially because it's a metabreaker
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #134614

Have the hand tele tell you where the beacons are, instead of a randomized id number.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/13104
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #135415

So, Bay has this fun thing called poison wine, which you get when juicing and fermenting poison berries. I've never seen it here, so I can assume it doesn't exist.

Which is a shame, because that stuff can make you trip balls and be reasonably robust when combined with other drugs. (Of course, in Bay you can take the easy way out and order it via contraband crate.)
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #135436

Add a human race ban system

This will allow admins to force players to only be liggers, letting sec and the ai have more freedom in dealing with them when they're being cocks
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #135437

>sec

As if.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135444

Adding a raceban isn't actually a bad idea. It means those anti-lizard greytiders are forced to be lizards.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #135457

TheNightingale wrote:Adding a raceban isn't actually a bad idea. It means those anti-lizard greytiders are forced to be lizards.
I asked for this, and was shot down. It bans people from non-human races only.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #135566

What if Xenobiology slimes had randomized mutations instead of the set in stone mutations?
It would make Xenobioligists actually have to test their slimes and check for mutations.
Could be nice when you get adamant slimes at round start and slowly build up your cult army or it could suck when half the station is starving and silver slime is in the last generation you never tested on.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #135567

But that would require science to *shock* do science, and we can't have anything thats not off a metasheet for 'science'!
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #135678

Malkevin wrote:But that would require science to *shock* do science, and we can't have anything thats not off a metasheet for 'science'!
No it wouldn't, it would just require science to do more dice rolls. It's not any more scientific than genetics is.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #135707

But its a lot more scientific than following a wiki guide.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135781

Wizards should get PDAs.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #135790

TheNightingale wrote:Wizards should get PDAs.
Only if it looks like a notebook and can hover around a Wizard to take note of whatever the Wizard dictates to it.
No self-respecting Wizard would dare debase himself by using non-magical means of communication and notekeeping
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135802

Then why do they use radio headsets? Checkmate, atheists.
Helios

Post by Helios » #135811

TheNightingale wrote:Then why do they use radio headsets? Checkmate, atheists.
Because comms ARE magic.
Do you think Telecrystals are science?
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #135855

Bluespace technology shrunk to fit inside a PDA or radio, linked to a telepad at Syndicate HQ.
Then again, Clarke's Third - any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #136166

Alternative jumpsuit pin on radios for star trek style communication, frees up the ears/Ability to pin on radios as a additional attachment to jumpsuits to enable function.

Can be manually removed and turned off if exposed from the drag-to-selfsprite menu, and because it is a radio it can be fiddled with before hand (can be triggered to turn on in the instance of murder) but isnt compatible with syndie or non general keys reserved for headsets meaning it is the default assistant item of choice but anybody with a job and a headset can turn off the generals and cruise purely with or without a headset as their job requests it with the AI claxoning to them over PDA or general our imminent doom because they missed a memo to check on the singularity or something.

Let your ears breathe, spessmen must have awful earwax

Also taking advantage of this, more ear wearables or hats that extend over the ears (beer hats/baseball hats etc, Ushanka covers the ears with pin uppable sides in exchange for cold protection, which added with a coat makes you near immune to cold without pulling the hood)

Spoiler:
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #136211

You know those electronics that link buttons to shutters/blastdoors/regular doors? Why not add the ability to make them, maybe at the autolathe?
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #136302

Tokiko2 wrote:You know those electronics that link buttons to shutters/blastdoors/regular doors? Why not add the ability to make them, maybe at the autolathe?
You mean...multitools?
Helios

Post by Helios » #136356

Add a prompt to Revenant, so AFK people don't become revenants
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #136357

AFK people can't become revenants normally, and admins can always switch them out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Helios

Post by Helios » #136360

Zilenan91 wrote:AFK people can't become revenants normally, and admins can always switch them out.
How do they check for that?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #136362

Helios wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:AFK people can't become revenants normally, and admins can always switch them out.
How do they check for that?
byond has a var that checks how long since you've done an action, over a certain value you're classed as AFK.
code can detect this, and admins can just check that var for a really high number.
私は完璧
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #136980

Should I allow the autoborger to borg dead bodies as well as live ones? (Assuming the ghost is in the body) Something that removes shunting AND costs all the AI's CPU is a serious investment that can be crippled by a number of things: Lack of a robust roundstart borg, the robotics console, construction of a backup robotics console, ion rifle, etc.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #137005

Yes
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #137177

Syndicate duffle bag: a large black duffle bag for nuke ops that has a massive carrying capacity and can easily hold a few assault rifles and an obscene amount of ammo. The downside? Slows you down a bit while holding it and even more so if it's on your back. It's also obvious as fuck and screams "I'm a piniata full of guns."
The idea is that it serves as either a support role or to some degree a stealth role. Give a fellow nuke op one so he can hold a fuck ton of extra ammo or maybe even the contents of the armory if you choose to raid it for your team if security's feeling particularly feisty that day. Or alternatively if you're going the stealth route use it to stash a shit ton of heavy firepower somewhere safe in case the crew catches on to you and you need to go loud.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #137242

Syndicate duffle bags already exist. They carry more items in exchange for a slowdown.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #137420

Are we not doing any QoL for the AI anymore? Because I'd really, really like it if I could get an abbreviated "This is so and so" when I shift-click to inspect someone. Otherwise I'm having to rely on the little hover text in the bottom left hand corner of the window.

It'd also be nice if I could see what sort of creature they are. "This is Ian, a corgi" or "This is Grey McTidus, a hulk".
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #137667

Make emagged mmis loyal to the emagger, but if they get put in a borg the loyalty and related memories are wiped. This exists to let traitor roboticists create loyal mmi-controlled mechs.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137671

Let them only be erased when put into an AI.

Emagged MMIs should produce emagged borgs, but of course they should reveal their status upon examination and, as MMI, be somehow de-emaggable.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #137932

Rename one of the Detective revolver styles as Big Iron
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #137997

Let no-slip shoes be changed like the chameleon jumpsuit can be
deputi
Byond Username: Deputi

Post by deputi » #138053

Mouse wheel scrolling should cycle through intents for more mlg combat strats
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #138076

Takeguru wrote:Let no-slip shoes be changed like the chameleon jumpsuit can be
They should be changed to "grip soles", installable on any pair of shoes, and give those shoes noslip properties.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #138104

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Let no-slip shoes be changed like the chameleon jumpsuit can be
They should be changed to "grip soles", installable on any pair of shoes, and give those shoes noslip properties.
I am fond of this idea. If no one else codes this, I may get around to it myself. It would be quite easy.
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #138128

Can the voice changer be changed into a bug/given chameleon powers as well? I suggested it in the thread for shitty ideas too but since we're on the same general subject I'd figure it'd be relevant.
Helios

Post by Helios » #138211

Let nuke disc locator switch to shuttle locator with a right click toggle. Ops lose the shuttle too often
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #138213

Helios wrote:with a right click toggle
No, No object verbs
私は完璧
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #138232

Helios wrote:Let nuke disc locator switch to shuttle locator with a right click toggle. Ops lose the shuttle too often
If an operative gets downed by the crew and their pinpointer is taken before they explode, the crew can locate the shuttle (... but get shot by the turrets). Seems fair.
Helios

Post by Helios » #138247

New meta-breaking syndicate bundle
"The Poseur". Comes with the following. A stetchkin. An armored gang outfit (randomly chosen), 2 spray cans with modified paint that have consistent sprays I.E. all will show Clan in Orange, or sleeping Carp in Blue from different gangs, a switch blade and gold chain
Helios

Post by Helios » #138297

Bluespace RPED upgrade ideas.
Add the ability for RPED to hold Analyzers and Plasma sheets, these can be used to remotely upgrade cameras to be X-ray, and EMP resistant respectively. This upgrade feature is never used.
Add the ability for RPED to exchange power cells inside of APCs, because this would be useful.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #138725

How about giving Botany some love and promoting a little more inter-department cooperation?

Such as Botanists being able to produce better gear from their biogenerator when given upgraded manipulators. For example, at Tier 2 (nano-manipulators) they can make multibelts and Syndi-style surgery dufflebags (duffelbags without the slowdown). At Tier 3 (Pico-manipulators) they can make military belts and maybe leather reinforcment which gives a slight bonus to melee resistance. At Tier 4 (Femto-manipulators) they can produce no-slips at a very high biomass cost. Maybe add in some required extra work/resources if people think that's too much. Bear in mind, the better gear won't be too useful for non-antags while it does give actual antags plausible deniability for why they possess no-slips/Mbelt/Syndi-surgery bag

After all, science shouldn't be the only department to have all the toys and science are unlikely to be able to make botany irrelevant due to biomass not being a mineral they have access to without putting in their own work.
Helios

Post by Helios » #138737

Anonmare wrote:How about giving Botany some love and promoting a little more inter-department cooperation?

Such as Botanists being able to produce better gear from their biogenerator when given upgraded manipulators. For example, at Tier 2 (nano-manipulators) they can make multibelts and Syndi-style surgery dufflebags (duffelbags without the slowdown). At Tier 3 (Pico-manipulators) they can make military belts and maybe leather reinforcment which gives a slight bonus to melee resistance. At Tier 4 (Femto-manipulators) they can produce no-slips at a very high biomass cost. Maybe add in some required extra work/resources if people think that's too much. Bear in mind, the better gear won't be too useful for non-antags while it does give actual antags plausible deniability for why they possess no-slips/Mbelt/Syndi-surgery bag

After all, science shouldn't be the only department to have all the toys and science are unlikely to be able to make botany irrelevant due to biomass not being a mineral they have access to without putting in their own work.
I'd prefer being able to make faster Podpeople seeds through sufficient biomass, because fuck yeah
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #138820

I'd prefer those things just costing an absolute shitton of biomass so that science's help will get you them QUICKER but you can get them on your own with sufficient plant autism.

Like if noslips were 10K and the others were floating around 5K it'd be pretty difficult to get without tunnelling towards it in a reasonable timeframe.
1g88a

Post by 1g88a » #138830

A traitor item that scrambles your appearance/race/name. (obviously not to plasmaman) Ids remain unchanged.
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #139490

Ghosts should be able to see antag markers, like who is cult