Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Anonmare » #159099

Bottom post of the previous page:

You should be able to set your traitor uplink preferences alongside your character settings.
Like selecting whether you want a PDA uplink, headset uplink, SBR, multitool or implant (with only 10 TCs of course). Or no uplink at all you absolute madman.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #159119

Malkevin wrote:Already implemented in ramen pots.
more
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #159281

Make department apc's accessible by that department head

science apcs - rd
security apcs - hos
etc
The future is horrible!
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #159600

Any roundstart or latejoin head is automatically denied access to gateway (because the station takes priority first) via the use of them starting with a unique unshakable and invisible centcomm implant (or just a centcomm loyalty+ implant that is hardcoded into the DNA and admin enforcement of deriliction/restraining automatic exile effect if they try to bypass it)

This stops stupid heads swanning off on away missions.
Last edited by FantasticFwoosh on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #159601

I'd be up for giving Heads of Staff roundstart exile implants. Not like revs ever try to evile them that way anyway.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #159613

In light of sec-borgs being removed. Re-jiggle ED-102's or whatever they are called (the upgraded securitron models) to accept players via directly implementing brains, cubes or carded AI's like borgs (alternatively, give security a limited roundstart mech in the armoury that can accept a MMI or direct control)

Restraining with mech's can be orchestrated via a paddywagon mech add-on that after a small timer of scooping them off the floor, loads them into the wagon and automatically applies cable to be flushed out on command at brig depending on whether the convict escapes prematurely by resisting and worming out of the mech (should be easy enough to re-catch with the taser) or the mech loses power and automatically flushes the paddywagon as a safeguard. (EMP attacks recommended if yo peeps are being scooped up, since the paddy wagon has room for multiples in the case of riots)

Mech comes with complimentary taser/disabler & loudspeaker addons and enhanced punching power that can knock down and severely harm/stun people at close range in addition to breaking down walls with continuous bashing. The warden and the HOS can access it solely on non-skeleton rounds, and more access to it can be granted via the security access computer. Ideal for fighting wizards, rushers, some xenomorph incursions (with paddy wagons being able to restrain and hold some specimens) and revs.

All with complementary space law only hardcoded laws of course built in to prevent all but direct malf ai messing around.

Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #159629

Remove traitor uplink syndicate bomb. It's cheap, people don't give a fuck about objectives and bomb things within 5 minutes, it shortens rounds. Wrecking shit to station structure should take at least some effort i.e. doing it old school style with toxin bombs.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #159654

Malkevin wrote:Use remote signallers
This may or may not be my antag meme.

C4, signaller, wrapping paper, into pocket. *beep*
Mime: Depresso
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #159736

FantasticFwoosh wrote:In light of sec-borgs being removed. Re-jiggle ED-102's or whatever they are called (the upgraded securitron models) to accept players via directly implementing brains, cubes or carded AI's like borgs (alternatively, give security a limited roundstart mech in the armoury that can accept a MMI or direct control)

Restraining with mech's can be orchestrated via a paddywagon mech add-on that after a small timer of scooping them off the floor, loads them into the wagon and automatically applies cable to be flushed out on command at brig depending on whether the convict escapes prematurely by resisting and worming out of the mech (should be easy enough to re-catch with the taser) or the mech loses power and automatically flushes the paddywagon as a safeguard. (EMP attacks recommended if yo peeps are being scooped up, since the paddy wagon has room for multiples in the case of riots)

Mech comes with complimentary taser/disabler & loudspeaker addons and enhanced punching power that can knock down and severely harm/stun people at close range in addition to breaking down walls with continuous bashing. The warden and the HOS can access it solely on non-skeleton rounds, and more access to it can be granted via the security access computer. Ideal for fighting wizards, rushers, some xenomorph incursions (with paddy wagons being able to restrain and hold some specimens) and revs.

All with complementary space law only hardcoded laws of course built in to prevent all but direct malf ai messing around.
Shitty ideas thread is down that way friend
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159738

invisty wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Use remote signallers
This may or may not be my antag meme.

C4, signaller, wrapping paper, into pocket. *beep*
I'm not even sure what my post you are quoting was in response to.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #159758

Add a self-destruct module for malf AIs to buy that detonates with the force of a Syndicate Bomb, centered on them, with a 15 second timer.

For the sore loser AI who wants to take their killer with them if possible. May or may not prevent shunting.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159759

Anonmare wrote:Add a self-destruct module for malf AIs to buy that detonates with the force of a Syndicate Bomb, centered on them, with a 15 second timer.

For the sore loser AI who wants to take their killer with them if possible. May or may not prevent shunting.
Now here's what.
It blows the core if anyone is attempting to card the AI, or on a countdown and loud warning if the core's been reduced to 0 health, but prevents shunting once bought.
If the AI made the mistake of not shunting beforehand, fuck the AI.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Derpu
Byond Username: Derpu

Post by Derpu » #159765

Add a surrender button that will stun you similarly to neurotoxin for 10 seconds and display a big ol' message for anyone in sight.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #159767

PKPenguin321 wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:In light of sec-borgs being removed. Re-jiggle ED-102's or whatever they are called (the upgraded securitron models) to accept players via directly implementing brains, cubes or carded AI's like borgs (alternatively, give security a limited roundstart mech in the armoury that can accept a MMI or direct control)

Shitty ideas thread is down that way friend
I wouldn't call it shitty as much as a slightly shit but in the circumstances necessary enough suggestion to be valid. A bit shit like the now mandatory cuffs in the sec-belts that nobody uses because zip-ties are a direct upgrade and cuffs are a personal safety liability but its nice to know they are there.

No borgs means that sec are down a few notches, ED's take obtuse amounts to construct, and a roundstart mech could be turned against the sec forces easily maintaining balance (besides from the fact that greyshirts could probably beat it down en-masse anyway so its not totally OP)

Super or knockout punches, are already in gygax so for all justification purposes, it could just be a one-off gygax prototype, and encourages sec to collaborate with science for better shit. Its just a slow mech, immune to slips which befall many lone officers who promptly get their shit stolen and vunerable to EMP, when it's gone, sec has to grovel to the roboticist to make a new model.

Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159773

FantasticFwoosh wrote: A bit shit like the now mandatory cuffs in the sec-belts that nobody uses because zip-ties are a direct upgrade and cuffs are a personal safety liability but its nice to know they are there.
Say what?

Cuffs are reusable, zip ties aren't.
If prisoners are pocketing your cuffs that's your own fault
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #159780

I wouldn't call it shitty as much as a slightly shit but in the circumstances necessary enough suggestion to be valid. A bit shit like the now mandatory cuffs in the sec-belts that nobody uses because zip-ties are a direct upgrade and cuffs are a personal safety liability but its nice to know they are there.
Zip ties can be resisted out of faster, are one-use only, and a smart friend of the prisoner can free them instantly. They're worse in almost any situation (gulag is a rare exception), assuming you know how to uncuff someone properly (ie how to use a baton so they're stunned while you pick up your cuffs and walk out). They're not even more compact, like zip ties are in real life.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #159791

I use zip-ties over handcuffs because they're quicker, but mainly if I'm Detective/Head of Staff and don't have default access to a stun baton. Telebaton keeps a person down long enough to slip zip-ties on but not handcuff bracelets if they're prepared to run ahead of time.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #159794

Anonmare wrote:I use zip-ties over handcuffs because they're quicker, but mainly if I'm Detective/Head of Staff and don't have default access to a stun baton. Telebaton keeps a person down long enough to slip zip-ties on but not handcuff bracelets if they're prepared to run ahead of time.
wait what, the different cuffs have different restraint times? Are you sure?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #159797

Oh yeah totally. Zipties have a slightly faster cuff time than other cuffs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #159798

I recommend my babby sec officers use zipties because it is a far less obnoxious bucklecuff due to the shorter resist time, and newer sec players may have not yet mastered the art of juggling stunbaton and empty hand to remove cuffs from a perp in a cell.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #159810

I like to take the cuffs off prisoners without batoning them first. The friendly ones appreciate it, and if the non-friendly ones try and disarm me, I stun them then charge them with assault on an officer and resisting arrest.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159817

TheNightingale wrote:I like to take the cuffs off prisoners without batoning them first. The friendly ones appreciate it, and if the non-friendly ones try and disarm me, I stun them then charge them with assault on an officer and resisting arrest.
Or, y'know, they land a lucky knockdown and you get harmbatoned to death while the guy escapes with a security-level ID and gear.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #159823

Pretty sure. I haven't actually timed them.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #159827

Malkevin wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote: A bit shit like the now mandatory cuffs in the sec-belts that nobody uses because zip-ties are a direct upgrade and cuffs are a personal safety liability but its nice to know they are there.
Say what?

How is it my (/sec players) fault? Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both). Latejoin sec players already start with cuffs, in the pocket and the backpack. And its just obtuse to carry around three pairs of cuffs that are forced onto you and made your responsibility to not lose.

Nobody is at fault but RNG if a shitter gets half a chance to steal your baton simply BECAUSE you have to confiscate the cuffs off them, with disposables they can break out but nobody will care because they can try to rob you (which then is probably your own fault for not putting your baton/taser away), but not humilate or put your life in danger by binding you, 8/10 giving you enough time to beat the shit out of them or log a report for arrest rather than a 100 sec files on greyshirts stealing cuffs for trophies because 'muh validhunt' mentality and petty theft.

Often just bucklecuffing a shitter to a chair or a free bed in brig/public place is good enough since the time taken to restrain out of it will apply to the time you could probably enact in a cell & time taken to drag them there, there are a lot of losers on this station and the zip-tie shortage does not address this.

A traitor or a criminal will likely not be let out of cuffs unless totally nessecary, a greyshirt by space law is only given a small brig time for small crime, and therefore doesn't warrant such excessive means of restraint with such risk attached to it.

Replacing the cuff in the sec belt with a zip tie would be more satisfactory and safe.

Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #159832

What about a small-sized cuff generator that, when used on a person, applies energy cuffs to them after a delay (or legcuffs if aimed at the legs)? Clicking the generator dispels the cuffs, and R&D can upgrade it with bigger capacitors to have more active cuffs at once?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159869

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Say what?

How is it my (/sec players) fault? Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both). Latejoin sec players already start with cuffs, in the pocket and the backpack. And its just obtuse to carry around three pairs of cuffs that are forced onto you and made your responsibility to not lose.

Nobody is at fault but RNG if a shitter gets half a chance to steal your baton simply BECAUSE you have to confiscate the cuffs off them, with disposables they can break out but nobody will care because they can try to rob you (which then is probably your own fault for not putting your baton/taser away), but not humilate or put your life in danger by binding you, 8/10 giving you enough time to beat the shit out of them or log a report for arrest rather than a 100 sec files on greyshirts stealing cuffs for trophies because 'muh validhunt' mentality and petty theft.

Often just bucklecuffing a shitter to a chair or a free bed in brig/public place is good enough since the time taken to restrain out of it will apply to the time you could probably enact in a cell & time taken to drag them there, there are a lot of losers on this station and the zip-tie shortage does not address this.

A traitor or a criminal will likely not be let out of cuffs unless totally nessecary, a greyshirt by space law is only given a small brig time for small crime, and therefore doesn't warrant such excessive means of restraint with such risk attached to it.

Replacing the cuff in the sec belt with a zip tie would be more satisfactory and safe.
Sorry you're terrible at uncuffing people, you even get a progress bar now that makes things a lot easier to judge when to apply the stun baton whack (Or you can do even better and use pepperspray (you did make sure you remove their eyewear and mask... and hat - actually fuck it, pepperspray is still terrible.)
I've not once had my stun baton taken off of me by a prisoner in the last four years, I'll even show you the technique if you want.

And zipcuffs can be resisted out of in...what? 30 seconds?
If you're arresting people for only minor crimes you're either playing on basil or the station is on fire whilst you wave your authority boner about.

Besides, its not like cuffs have the NODROP tag and you can't get rid of them at all, I mean if it bothers you so much you can drop your cuffs and put in zip ties instead.

Christ, I do a thing to make sec's life a little bit more convenient and someone still manages to complain :roll:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #159953

Zilenan91 wrote:Oh yeah totally. Zipties have a slightly faster cuff time than other cuffs.
not true, checked the code
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #159964

TheNightingale wrote:I like to take the cuffs off prisoners without batoning them first. The friendly ones appreciate it, and if the non-friendly ones try and disarm me, I stun them then charge them with assault on an officer and resisting arrest.
There are times when this is the right thing to do, but I always take care to baton someone who's come in for a violent crime (even assault) or who's mouthing off. It only takes one lucky push and cuff to have the tables turned and them escaping with a lot more gear than you want on them.

Batoning isn't something officers should always do, but it's certainly something all of them should learn how to do. If you're not skilled enough to be able to baton-uncuff safely, you're not skilled enough to be able to rely on robusting them if/when they disarm you and try to escape.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #160062

Malkevin wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Malkevin wrote:
Say what?

Sorry you're terrible at uncuffing people, you even get a progress bar now that makes things a lot easier to judge when to apply the stun baton whack (Or you can do even better and use pepperspray (you did make sure you remove their eyewear and mask... and hat - actually fuck it, pepperspray is still terrible.)
I've not once had my stun baton taken off of me by a prisoner in the last four years, I'll even show you the technique if you want.

And zipcuffs can be resisted out of in...what? 30 seconds?
If you're arresting people for only minor crimes you're either playing on basil or the station is on fire whilst you wave your authority boner about.

Besides, its not like cuffs have the NODROP tag and you can't get rid of them at all, I mean if it bothers you so much you can drop your cuffs and put in zip ties instead.

Christ, I do a thing to make sec's life a little bit more convenient and someone still manages to complain :roll:
Authority boners are the best boners, space law is dues vult.

If sec really want to stop the shittery of stuff getting stolen - give them cargo orderable but otherwise exclusive grip gloves that have a RNG chance to cockblock disarms by applying a chance of no-drop on pushes meaning the baton/taser/item of interest remains in the hand or during a disarm when it would normally fall.

Not infallable but would make the margin of successful disarms very slim.

"George Melons disarms name: _______ , but the item remains in the hand!"

"The detective scanner picks up traces of pucker-marks and black fibre upon the '________' "

Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #160855

Where are the animal masks. I know it's a meme of sorts, but I want to see traitor clowns in Pig masks holing up in maintenance and kidnapping with intent to murder like a deranged serial killer.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Laimfu
Byond Username: Laimfu

Post by Laimfu » #161147

I'll probably get shit for making this suggestion but here it goes:
Remove jetpacks from EVA, built-in jetpacks from engie suits. Replace them with tethers that prevent you from floating away during EVA missions, you'd have to bolt them to a wall first. Only people with jetpacks are now the CE and the Captain.
Oh and you can cut someone's tether for traitor purposes.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #161151

Touching someone (without insulated gloves) who was defibrillated in the last few seconds should give you a heart attack. (Clear!)
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #161180

TheNightingale wrote:Touching someone (without insulated gloves) who was defibrillated in the last few seconds should give you a heart attack. (Clear!)
NO

This is a common myth associated with victims of electrical shocks, often resulting in delayed treatment. Let's not perpetuate that :)
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161184

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:Touching someone (without insulated gloves) who was defibrillated in the last few seconds should give you a heart attack. (Clear!)
NO

This is a common myth associated with victims of electrical shocks, often resulting in delayed treatment. Let's not perpetuate that :)
I'm not sure if you're being serious or trying to trick people into getting heart attacks
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #161239

ED securitron models also accept PAI's as a suggestion. (following on mulebot/medbot and beepskie changes), and PAI's can be emagged to pre-unlock emagged functions without the obvious red-eye effects.

Given resources to build and the fact you'd probably have to murder a sec officer, all the time taken to build would be a investment.

Alternatively, offer syndicate PAI's, with similar function to emagged PAI's that can be latched onto a device for nuclear operatives for hacking/other uses when a emag wont cut it. Also buyable in a bundle with said device via uplink. Re-producable with high tech levels in R&D.

(("Wires shoot out of the syndicate PAI and enter the door panel") *Timer starts till completion and a small report of what wires do what is beamed back to the user holding the syndie PAI and the door is opened breifly with AI access removed until time is up*))

Spoiler:
UnlimitedSpessmans
Byond Username: UnlimitedSpessmans

Post by UnlimitedSpessmans » #161587

give the clown maint
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #161966

Holobadges - accessories that you can clip to jumpsuits, activate in-hand to show it, or click someone with it to invade their personal space and thrust it in their face insistently.

Baystation already has the code for them (in accessory.dm, along with ties, waistcoats, stethoscopes and medals):
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

/*
	Holobadges are worn on the belt or neck, and can be used to show that the holder is an authorized
	Security agent - the user details can be imprinted on the badge with a Security-access ID card,
	or they can be emagged to accept any ID for use in disguises.
*/

/obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge
	name = "holobadge"
	desc = "This glowing blue badge marks the holder as THE LAW."
	icon_state = "holobadge"
	item_color = "holobadge"
	slot_flags = SLOT_BELT | SLOT_TIE

var/emagged = 0 //Emagging removes Sec check.
	var/stored_name = null

/obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge/cord
	icon_state = "holobadge-cord"
	item_color = "holobadge-cord"
	slot_flags = SLOT_MASK | SLOT_TIE

/obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge/attack_self(mob/user as mob)
	if(!stored_name)
		user << "Waving around a badge before swiping an ID would be pretty pointless."
		return
	if(isliving(user))
		user.visible_message("\red [user] displays their NanoTrasen Internal Security Legal Authorization Badge.\nIt reads: [stored_name], NT Security.","\red You display your NanoTrasen Internal Security Legal Authorization Badge.\nIt reads: [stored_name], NT Security.")

/obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge/attackby(var/obj/item/O as obj, var/mob/user as mob)

if (istype(O, /obj/item/weapon/card/emag))
		if (emagged)
			user << "\red [src] is already cracked."
			return
		else
			emagged = 1
			user << "\red You swipe [O] and crack the holobadge security checks."
			return

else if(istype(O, /obj/item/weapon/card/id) || istype(O, /obj/item/device/pda))

var/obj/item/weapon/card/id/id_card = null

if(istype(O, /obj/item/weapon/card/id))
			id_card = O
		else
			var/obj/item/device/pda/pda = O
			id_card = pda.id

if(access_security in id_card.access || emagged)
			user << "You imprint your ID details onto the badge."
			stored_name = id_card.registered_name
			name = "holobadge ([stored_name])"
			desc = "This glowing blue badge marks [stored_name] as THE LAW."
		else
			user << "[src] rejects your insufficient access rights."
		return
	..()

/obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge/attack(mob/living/carbon/human/M, mob/living/user)
	if(isliving(user))
		user.visible_message("\red [user] invades [M]'s personal space, thrusting [src] into their face insistently.","\red You invade [M]'s personal space, thrusting [src] into their face insistently. You are the law.")

/obj/item/weapon/storage/box/holobadge
	name = "holobadge box"
	desc = "A box claiming to contain holobadges."
	New()
		new /obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge(src)
		new /obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge/cord(src)
		new /obj/item/clothing/accessory/holobadge/cord(src)
		..()
		return

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161977

^^^ plus one on that, holobadges are thematic and cool
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #161979

If they're going on jumpsuits, they'd need to replace the armbands, probably visibly as well.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161981

Didn't think of that. I would probably keep mine in my pocket anyways so you can flash it at people
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #162039

Lawyers need :v (service radio) access given that the Head of Personnel is their supervisor (and not the HoS as I previously assumed). This would (ideally) put another check on Security's power and give the law office more to do.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #162352

Podmen should breathe CO2 instead of O2, and exhale O2
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #162358

Luke Cox wrote:Podmen should breathe CO2 instead of O2, and exhale O2
They'd die quickly without internals as the scrubbers are exceptionally efficient at scrubbing CO2.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #162397

Plants actually breath o2 when they're not photosynthesising, it's why you shouldn't have too many plants in your bedroom
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #162813

So been replaying some System Shock and had some thoughts on some more low-key implants to help out other departments willing to get the surgery. As in, science powergamers are unlikely to bother with most of them.

Add an arm Cyberjack implant (cannot be placed in an arm with an arm cannon).
The Cyberjack behaves the same as a pAI doorjack but can be used to hack APCs, air alarms and low security consoles. Hacking takes time and has the ABSTRACT flag, with only a small sprite change when active. Can be added to a pAI to upgrade it's doorjack if it has one. Requires high data theory and a fiar chunk of gold/silver.
(As well as buff doorjack hack times and only give an alert after the door being jacked has opened.)

Add Meson vision eye implant.
Has low research and material cost (does not require materials that cannot be found on station) as well as the ability to be turned on and off. When active, protects the eyes from supermatter and singularity pulses, EMPs flash the user while active. Designed for engineers who don't like carrying around their mesons.

Add Analyzer eye implant.
Low research and material cost (does not require materials that cannot be found on station), allows the user to determine an object's research value, the materials it's made from and analyse chemicals. Ideally suited for chemists and researchers.

Add Diagnostic HUD eye implant.
Roughly equivalent in cost to a Med HUD implant, behaves exactly the same way as a regular diagnostic HUD.

Add Tool arm
Completely replaces a user's arm with an integrated tool kit (think The Borg from Star Trek's techno arm), effectively losing the use of that hand. The arm contains Cyborg variants of most of the tools (automatic wrench, hydraulic crowbar ect.) in addition to an experimental welding tool, a fire extinguisher and a 4 use RCD - which can be reloaded with a compressed matter cartridge (NOTE: It is vulnerable to the malf RCD pulse). Use in hand to select a tool. Decently high material and research costs. user is treated as wearing insulated gloves at all times with this augment.

Add Surgical arm
The medical variant to the above, contains enhanced versions (ayylien?) of every surgical tool in addition to; a health analyzer, a dropper, a syringe gun (syringes not included), defib panels and a hyprospray. Hypospray does not count towards the steal objective. Defib cannot shock people and hypo cannot load harmful chemicals without having the safeties overridden first.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #162990

This isn't minor by any means, but it's cool.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #162991

Core0verload is actually already doing a tool-arm implant thingy with my arm mod system
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #163605

Emagging a fire/air alarm should emag all the alarms in a room/area. It's a pain in the ass to emag every single fire alarm in a corridor.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #163609

But then any traitor with an emag could have half the station venting in ten seconds
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #163616

Emagging air/fire alarms just removes their alarm system I believe. So air alarms don't send alerts, dunno if it unlocks the Flood operating mode like the malf power does but I do know that emagging a fire alarm disables it's thermal sensors.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #163958

A cheap derringer traitor item, damage/AP/stun all negotiable. To make it cool, spacey, and emphasize its cheapness, make it un-reloadable (maybe add flavor text saying it fires a caseless version of whatever caliber it ultimately is). The point is that it can be stored in clothing items (including hats, gloves, shoes, masks etc.) and retrieved with an emote set by the user upon purchase/use in hand.

A stylish weapon that also works well in combination with freedom implants. Maybe add a bundle option so you can have a derringer for every clothing slot.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"