Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by 1g88a » #163958

Bottom post of the previous page:

A cheap derringer traitor item, damage/AP/stun all negotiable. To make it cool, spacey, and emphasize its cheapness, make it un-reloadable (maybe add flavor text saying it fires a caseless version of whatever caliber it ultimately is). The point is that it can be stored in clothing items (including hats, gloves, shoes, masks etc.) and retrieved with an emote set by the user upon purchase/use in hand.

A stylish weapon that also works well in combination with freedom implants. Maybe add a bundle option so you can have a derringer for every clothing slot.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #164007

Chainsaws should be able to cut through non-re-enforced walls slowly, or at-least partly deconstruct it messily at a time into useless scraps of metal, a bit like a door jack or a slow welder.

Wooden walls (wood applied over girders) should be broken down quickly by the process.

Finally we will be able to play a slasher-film esque antag.

Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #164231

Anonmare wrote:Emagging air/fire alarms just removes their alarm system I believe. So air alarms don't send alerts, dunno if it unlocks the Flood operating mode like the malf power does but I do know that emagging a fire alarm disables it's thermal sensors.
Air alarms do unlock Flood when emagged, although I can't remember if it removes access requirements. Fire alarms just stop working.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #164626

Drones should be able to wear eyewear in their mask/helmet slot, or have built-in meson vision. Now drones can go mining!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164638

Cue drone getting tentacle-raped by the next Goliath that it is not allowed to kill.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #164647

DemonFiren wrote:Cue drone getting tentacle-raped by the next Goliath that it is not allowed to kill.
Happened before with the asteroid, except theres no "safe side" to go mine in anymore.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #164648

Another drone QOL would be making simple mobs not attack them. They're just tiny robot spiders, they don't deserve to get gnawed on...
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164649

Drones exist to get shit on.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164650

TheNightingale wrote:Another drone QOL would be making simple mobs not attack them. They're just tiny robot spiders, they don't deserve to get gnawed on...
Your existence is pain
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #164678

TheNightingale wrote:Drones should be able to wear eyewear in their mask/helmet slot, or have built-in meson vision. Now drones can go mining!
You can still totally mine as a drone without mesons - you have X-Ray vision, just carry around a mining scanner and ping the shit out of it or manage to get an advanced mining scanner without interfering (somehow? I guess you could jack an ID while the hop is out of his office if he's terrible at his job).

It just gets dark and spooky which feels rad. Although the ash storms fucking suck for drones.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164763

Ash storms...

Okay, drones should be able to burrow in sand, grass and dirt.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #164894

Give boxstation russian revolver back or have it a chance to spawn in maint loot table I WANT MUH BETS AGAINST THE CAP FOR TPTAL FREEDOM BY A BET THAT ISMT IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN BUT PUT 1 FAKE BULLET INSIDE AND 5 REAL
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #164895

Just vote for Metastation master race to have it
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #165223

Unsynced borgs should be vulnerable to ion storms and get different ion laws each. So if you have a memey as fuck robo making unsynced borgs, if an ion storm happens you have five different borgs malfunctioning in five different ways, while five borgs synced to an AI are malfunctioning in only one way. Cause really, unsynced borgs don't have any major downsides bar a few circumstantial ones.

Plus it might lead to !fun! and I know how much the playerbase hates that.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #165226

DemonFiren wrote:Ash storms...

Okay, drones should be able to burrow in sand, grass and dirt.
> Syndiedrones lie in wait underneath dirt for passing by prey to jump out and triplebladed e-sword them/activate built in explosive charges.

[youtube] [/youtube]

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #165232

That is not how you into Youtube links, matey.

[youtube]BCFGCganiuE[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #165239

DemonFiren wrote:That is not how you into Youtube links, matey.

[youtube]BCFGCganiuE[/youtube]
Im too tired to correct myself.

Minor suggestion. Fix or add tooltips to the forum's site text options to prevent this kind of thing.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #165249

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Minor suggestion. Fix or add tooltips to the forum's site text options to prevent this kind of thing.
Minor suggestion. Git gud.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #165807

Make it possibel to lay wire below the tube to the ai sat
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #166062

kust wrote:Make it possibel to lay wire below the tube to the ai sat
On that note, I feel like transit tubes need a total redoing. I tried making my own via the transit tube dispenser and christ was it difficult. I feel like some of the mechanical aspects of them aren't very...sensible?
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #166223

You should show up as a default cyborg to silicons when wearing cardboard borg suits as human
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #166245

Smeller wrote:You should show up as a default cyborg to silicons when wearing cardboard borg suits as human
don't.
you're making me want to make an alternate_appearance system.
just shush.

Edit:
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/16586
Last edited by Remie Richards on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
私は完璧
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #166258

Every time I read a coder displaying intent to do something big, I think "dismemberment and datum antags".

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #166259

DemonFiren wrote:Every time I read a coder displaying intent to do something big, I think "dismemberment and datum antags".
Something big?
私は完璧
Topham

Post by Topham » #166267

DemonFiren wrote:Every time I read a coder displaying intent to do something big, I think "dismemberment and datum antags".
Whatever happened to dismemberment anyway?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #166324

It'd be nice if it was possible to steal the Cap's gun without setting off the alarm. Like carefully deconstructing the glass case and using something similar to replace the gun so it doesn't trigger the anti-theft systems. Like a regular laser gun/laser tag gun/Chameleon gun. Then put the glass case on so noone's none-the-wiser.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #166329

Except, you know, it should be patently obvious there's something different in that case unless a chameleon gun was used.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #166333

Anonmare wrote:It'd be nice if it was possible to steal the Cap's gun without setting off the alarm. Like carefully deconstructing the glass case and using something similar to replace the gun so it doesn't trigger the anti-theft systems. Like a regular laser gun/laser tag gun/Chameleon gun. Then put the glass case on so noone's none-the-wiser.
Why not just remove the alarm system?

All this does is butt fuck traitors with that steal objective and slightly annoy captains.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #166339

Anonmare wrote:It'd be nice if it was possible to steal the Cap's gun without setting off the alarm. Like carefully deconstructing the glass case and using something similar to replace the gun so it doesn't trigger the anti-theft systems. Like a regular laser gun/laser tag gun/Chameleon gun. Then put the glass case on so noone's none-the-wiser.
Swap the gun out for something of similar weight (another normal-sized item), Indiana Jones-style. The alarm goes off ten seconds later if the object you replaced it with isn't a normal-sized gun.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #166375

Make it so if you cut a certain wire on a vending machine you can stock it with anything. Fill a vending machine with broken glass and then enable firing mode to turn it into an automated glass shard cannon. Or be a sick bastard and fill it with photocopied pictures of your ass.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #166376

That's an incredible idea. Fill it with vodka bottles and lit matches
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Topham

Post by Topham » #166384

Jacough wrote:Make it so if you cut a certain wire on a vending machine you can stock it with anything. Fill a vending machine with broken glass and then enable firing mode to turn it into an automated glass shard cannon. Or be a sick bastard and fill it with photocopied pictures of your ass.
Zilenan91 wrote:That's an incredible idea. Fill it with vodka bottles and lit matches
Only if you emag it though, maybe? Then again, I guess if non-antags did it they'd get boink'd for lighting everyone on fire with their soda machine.
I feel like this should only really be for Captains so that they don't get annoyed by the bolted doors. Maybe let them swipe their ID to peacefully open the glass case. We can even extend this to the other display case, Lamarr, the hero the station needs.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #166390

Nah it should be hackable so other antagonists/silly people can put memes in there.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #166444

Topham wrote: I feel like this should only really be for Captains so that they don't get annoyed by the bolted doors. Maybe let them swipe their ID to peacefully open the glass case. We can even extend this to the other display case, Lamarr, the hero the station needs.
>implying that you arent a shitty captain if you need your meme laser gun, which is in a case for a reason.
Topham

Post by Topham » #166447

The unloved rock wrote:
Topham wrote: I feel like this should only really be for Captains so that they don't get annoyed by the bolted doors. Maybe let them swipe their ID to peacefully open the glass case. We can even extend this to the other display case, Lamarr, the hero the station needs.
>implying that you arent a shitty captain if you need your meme laser gun, which is in a case for a reason.
I forget that it's supposed to be there as a display. In theory you're not supposed to use it, but in reality a laser gun that charges itself can be nice to satisfy a captain-level murderboner.
Still, as captain I never really use it. I always break it out of the case, reset the fire alarm and door bolts, and throw the gun in my locked locker. Ain't nobody touching my gun.
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #166461

Remie Richards wrote:
Smeller wrote:You should show up as a default cyborg to silicons when wearing cardboard borg suits as human
don't.
just shush.

Edit:
Love you
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #166616

Using a upgraded microwave should offer via the controls a way to cook goliath steaks at lava comparable heat temperatures whereas otherwise it would remain raw.

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #166747

Smeller wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
don't.
just shush.

Edit:
Love you
[youtube]kAKOejNe2E8[/youtube]

@2:44
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #166763

You should be able to throw people through normal glass windows if there's no grille under them.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
Topham

Post by Topham » #166995

Durkel wrote:You should be able to throw people through normal glass windows if there's no grille under them.
Maybe it just damages the window and if the window is already cracked enough, THEN it'll throw them through.

On that note, I've never really understood why EVERY window on the whole station has a grille underneath, even the windows that have no access restrictions or privacy whatsoever. Should we consider getting rid of some of the grilles?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167036

No. It looks awful.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #167087

Topham wrote:
Durkel wrote:You should be able to throw people through normal glass windows if there's no grille under them.
Maybe it just damages the window and if the window is already cracked enough, THEN it'll throw them through.

On that note, I've never really understood why EVERY window on the whole station has a grille underneath, even the windows that have no access restrictions or privacy whatsoever. Should we consider getting rid of some of the grilles?
Windows already take damage from throwing people into them.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167143

Yes, but even when breaking it'll stop you dead.
Shouldn't be. I want to hurl folks through windows.

Anyway, metal rods plus wood should equal pitchforks. Gives Botany weapons that don't take ages to create, also goes great with torches.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #167153

Oh my god yes. The assistant garden should spawn with a bunch of stacks of wood so assistants can make angry mobs with pitchforks and torches
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #167179

give me onground and inhand sprites (both wielded and unweilded since i'd imagine it's a two-handed weapon) and i will give botany pitchforks
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167240

Zilenan91 wrote:Oh my god yes. The assistant garden should spawn with a bunch of stacks of wood so assistants can make angry mobs with pitchforks and torches
Fuck no.
Pitchforks should be harder to make than spears, and slightly more potent as consequence.
I mean, they have three fucking tips.
PKPenguin321 wrote:give me onground and inhand sprites (both wielded and unweilded since i'd imagine it's a two-handed weapon) and i will give botany pitchforks
On the sprite request thread.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #167242

Well yeah but pitchforks are meant for baling hay together not killing people like spears are.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #167243

Pitchforks are for reclaiming the means of production
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167247

Zilenan91 wrote:Well yeah but pitchforks are meant for baling hay together not killing people like spears are.
Yeah, and the spears we have are made of glass, for all intents and purposes they should shatter if you look at them funny.
Ain't this way.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #167249

SS13 has space-age super glass that can withstand the impact of someone slamming into it with toolboxes and crowbars so it's some pretty tough shit
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #167251

SS13's metal is probably of a similar variety.

Besides, those things are crafted. You bet any spaceman who makes a pitchfork sharpens it as far it goes without a grindstone.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: