Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by Kot » #38279

Bottom post of the previous page:

miggles wrote:add polack burgers to the game
Add butthurt burgers.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #38315

Put a mirror in genetics cloning so people can get their hairstyle back.
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #38317

jaxy15 wrote:Put a mirror in genetics cloning so people can get their hairstyle back.
Play on Metastation.

I would buy an option to ID unlock consoles and stuff with ID in PDA. Getting it out and back in is annoying.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #38343

Make it so wizards can break out of straight jackets instantly. Why? Because they're magic and that's some straight up Houdini shit right there
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #38348

Put droppers in the Botanist's vendors.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Miles

Post by Miles » #38606

Give cyborgs the ability to send and receive PDA messages as well as having an inbuilt crew manifest.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #38616

I would suggest a duel pipe system. So you can have the air supply and the scrubber pipe lines on the same tile instead of them taking up two lanes.

Something like this.

It would make things significantly easier and more neater. That is if its feasible.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #38736

thats probably not a minor suggestion
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #38894

Steelpoint wrote:I would suggest a duel pipe system. So you can have the air supply and the scrubber pipe lines on the same tile instead of them taking up two lanes.

Something like this.

It would make things significantly easier and more neater. That is if its feasible.
Yesyesyesyes plaese.
This would make piping much simpler and easy to fix if it got exploderized.
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #38913

Add an entertainment monitor network camera to the court.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #39012

Kot wrote: I would buy an option to ID unlock consoles and stuff with ID in PDA. Getting it out and back in is annoying.
It would help immensely to have a list of those because the only things I know of offhand that don't accept PDA are communications consoles and security records computers.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #39101

Worth noting though that comms consoles can be noted as that one computer that is used almost without fail every single round.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #39258

New Wizard Spell:

- Soul Inscribe: Single use only. The wizard inscribes an nearby item of his choice with his soul. If the item is destroyed the wizard will be destroyed as well. If the wizard is killed but his inscribed item is not then the round will not end. Instead anyone grabbing the item will be possesed by the wizard after a certain amount of time (2 minutes?), untill stripped of the item. If stripped of the item that person will regain control of their body.

(Mindswap could be usefull combo to get a new body while still having your inscribed item!)
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #39265

Make it possible to remove straight jackets.
Orris
Byond Username: Orris

Post by Orris » #39285

Phalanx300 wrote:New Wizard Spell:

- Soul Inscribe: Single use only. The wizard inscribes an nearby item of his choice with his soul. If the item is destroyed the wizard will be destroyed as well. If the wizard is killed but his inscribed item is not then the round will not end. Instead anyone grabbing the item will be possesed by the wizard after a certain amount of time (2 minutes?), untill stripped of the item. If stripped of the item that person will regain control of their body.

(Mindswap could be usefull combo to get a new body while still having your inscribed item!)
Oh jesus horcruxes. I want this in my spacemens.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #39369

Orris wrote:

Oh jesus horcruxes. I want this in my spacemens.
You figured it out! Just felt like it would do great as a ability in the game. :P
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #39370

Please reread the thread title. MINOR suggestions.

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #39371

A *holdbreath verb so those who have to run through plasma/N2O without internals aren't instantly boned.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #39375

I don't think phylacteries count as a "minor" addition
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #39447

MMMiracles wrote:A *holdbreath verb so those who have to run through plasma/N2O without internals aren't instantly boned.
this, but only if you can only hold it untill right before you would normally pass out from lack of air. It is humanly impossible to hold your breath untill you faint irl, so it should be impossible for spessmen too.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #39506

I'd prefer if it was just automatic that you got a little more airtime before you start choking if the air's bad.

Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Post by Arete » #39582

MisterPerson wrote:I'd prefer if it was just automatic that you got a little more airtime before you start choking if the air's bad.
It could depend on what kind of bad air you're breathing. CO2's big advantage is that it's invisible, after all.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #39776

Yes but typing a verb in is annoying as shit.

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #39784

Add a button in one of the tabs or add a button near the o2 display to toggle holding your breath.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #39797

MMMiracles wrote:Add a button in one of the tabs or add a button near the o2 display to toggle holding your breath.
Yes an on-screen HUD button you'll click maybe once a week constantly using up valuable screen real-estate space for what amounts to a silly gimmick with little actual value.

Can we just agree it's a shitty idea and move on?

miggles

Post by miggles » #39806

>valuable screen real estate
tell me what you intend to put in that very spot of the screen that would have to move due to a breath-holding button
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #39823

miggles wrote:>valuable screen real estate
tell me what you intend to put in that very spot of the screen that would have to move due to a breath-holding button
The thing in the actual game world for one. Can't go along the bottom obviously and the top is also no-go because we'll need more action buttons. The left side seems good but is actually being taken up by changeling stuff. So this leaves up with a small gap in the right side (which is already busy) or a small gap along the bottom (which is iNCREDIBLY busy) or a place along the top (which has no UI elements so far, which just makes it look awful).

Having the screen taken up by pointless shit just makes the whole thing look busy and become less useful overall.

Dorsidwarf

Post by Dorsidwarf » #39824

The sprite of the rev/clown/nuke op/changeling/traitor/wizard/ninja/rogue borg/traitor/assistant/sec officer/deathsquad/spacecarp/killer chef/hopcurity/bomb/construct/etcetera
That is about to fuck your day sideways with a spiky stick.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #39846

MisterPerson wrote:
The thing in the actual game world for one. Can't go along the bottom obviously and the top is also no-go because we'll need more action buttons. The left side seems good but is actually being taken up by changeling stuff. So this leaves up with a small gap in the right side (which is already busy) or a small gap along the bottom (which is iNCREDIBLY busy) or a place along the top (which has no UI elements so far, which just makes it look awful).

Having the screen taken up by pointless shit just makes the whole thing look busy and become less useful overall.
but, y'know, it kinda makes no fucking sense that out of all the things space(wo)men are capable of doing, they can't hold their own god damn breath? If the space onscreen is too valuable, all you'd have to do is throw the verb in one of the tabs, so at least its there for when you actually need it.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
miggles

Post by miggles » #39852

MisterPerson wrote:

oh, so nothing?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #39923

Only if trying to hold your breath in vacuum makes your lungs burst, because.. well. There's a reason why scuba divers are told never to hold their breath when ascending.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #39979

Kot wrote:
paprika wrote:They looked like shit and turned you bald when you put the hood up and generally weren't that great anyway imo but if someone else ports them I'll be fine with it
Shut up and start porting them since they were best shit that ever existed in NTStation code.i
Maybe except 1911s.
Those have existed for ages.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #40122

@paprka

Maybe add some sort of mining magboots that only increase your speed when you're on the asteroid floor tiles? I also suggested in your mining update pull to add some sort of stimpack-belt for easy access to sanic boosts when you need them/not a hassle to carry more then two on the go.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #40138

TheWiznard wrote:@paprka

Maybe add some sort of mining magboots that only increase your speed when you're on the asteroid floor tiles? I also suggested in your mining update pull to add some sort of stimpack-belt for easy access to sanic boosts when you need them/not a hassle to carry more then two on the go.
Due to the way the code works, you'd have to make a check for every time you move on those tiles in order for the boots to properly function only on mining tiles. Which makes the game lag. It's annoying, but it's also byond quality™

I'll port winter coats in december for the christmas update and make the hoods less shit and not make you look bald. They'll probably function like the chaplain hood since the way it kind of shadows your face a little makes it look less like you're bald and it's great.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40142

MisterPerson wrote:

Or just make it an alternate toggle of the internals icon that only triggers when you're not actually wearing internals. It takes up zero extra screen space and facilitates a simple action that characters would benefit greatly from having available.
miggles

Post by miggles » #40149

Violaceus wrote:Actual state:
RCD eats charges while building
RCD eats charges while deconstructing

Suggestion:
RCD gains charges while deconstructing
>breaking and entering with the RCD is now not only costless, but also gives you extra charges as well
no
rexagon
Byond Username: Rexagon

Post by rexagon » #40211

-New building material: Duct Tape! Available at the autolathe, can be used on any girder/lattice/grille to make a salvaged wall/floor/grille. Can be torn apart with your hands but is airtight and can be done faster than plating walls.
Cham

Post by Cham » #40252

An option in character setup to be obese.

Don't ask why, it's a minor suggestion goddamnit.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #40288

matter cartridges are like the air in an air horn, it has to be pressurized with specialized machinery or stuff like that.
you can't suck air in again with air horns
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Cham

Post by Cham » #40298

Miauw wrote:matter cartridges are like the air in an air horn, it has to be pressurized with specialized machinery or stuff like that.
you can't suck air in again with air horns
You're entirely right, but that reminds me of this cool ass shit.

You just pump that fucker up and you're ready to keep blowing eardrums out.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #40314

Violaceus wrote:Actual state:
RCD eats charges while deconstructing

Suggestion:
RCD gains charges while deconstructing
And here we see somebody with no comprehension of the RCD's normal usage.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #40334

re-add c4 gibbing on suicide (yes someone actually took this out)
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40395

I have two suggestions:
1.) Add a syndicate blanket to the traitor uplink menu
2.) Allow multitools to function as scapels

This would allow for a complete syndicate surgery kit for just two points.
miggles

Post by miggles » #40396

why would a multitool work as a scalpel
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40403

Because it has a sharp edge. Alternatively, the syndicate toolbox could work as a scapel. The secret to its robustness is after all the super sharp corners it has.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #40408

That's just stupid imo.
Hey.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40409

Nienhaus wrote:That's just stupid imo.
Well some of us actually use surgery constantly.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40412

deathhoof wrote:
Then get an actual set of tools appropriate to the job. You don't need to be cutting open heads with plastic.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40415

cedarbridge wrote:
deathhoof wrote:
Then get an actual set of tools appropriate to the job. You don't need to be cutting open heads with plastic.
Do you have any idea how overpowered a syndicate surgery kit (with real surgey tools) would be?
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #40416

Can't you use a piece of glass?
Hey.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #40419

Nienhaus wrote:Can't you use a piece of glass?
Yes you can but a piece of glass would be a dumb thing to get from an uplink and breaking a window sometimes takes too much precious time.