New department and dimension and well alot.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

New department and dimension and well alot.

Post by Highway Routine » #616143

department of industry. so basically i noticed that plumbing reminded me of factorio and thought "huh. i wonder if there was a department about making simple things." and so came the idea of the department of industry. we have 5 new jobs, HOI (head of industry), surveyor (like the ones from the old days), A new type of miner(haven't figured out the name.), industrialist (the person who makes conveyers and such) and the industrialist plumber (same as plumbing but has more chems) this department is focused on getting resources and mass producing products (such as machine parts, computers, etc) and selling them.

But you may be thinking where will they go? well they have 3 choice, stay on the station and use the space they have, move to lava land, or go to a brand new adventure spot, The abandoned factory. The abandoned factory is something you can find in space, said factory is technically a space station/ship so yeah. the spaceship/station has lots of rooms and room, some rooms containing mats and other things. then the central attraction the factory floor. a massive room the perfect place for a factory. it uses old bluespace tech to extend the room to lengths not possible by physics. but what's the counter?

well there are of course aliens, they may vary from space carp to well aliens. and the sci department is also trying to get their hands on it. why? because if they do they get access to some hidden bluespace tech. why here? because this tech ranges from being able to make food from nowhere, to being able to bring things to life like a wizard but with no cost. back to the factory part, the surveyor has a special job in all places to find and mark resources on lavaland. they also work along with the new type of miner. you see the surveyor finds the resources and the miner sets up a small extraction operation. You also may be thinking that this will replace the current miner but no. so basically the current miners mine wall deposits and the other miner mines from the ground. and how do the resources get to the factory?

Via pod. they set up a pod launcher, they can set what resources they want in the pod, and then it just leaves for what ever is set. for the factory building part RFC comes into play. short for the Rapid Factory Constructor, this fella builds the factory. first you have the pod launcher/receiver, the oven, the refinery, then the part builder (could use a better name) then the shipper. The shipper is a optional step, if department needs something really bad, say medical computers because of a explosion, they shipper sends the computers though a second tunnel system. this won't replace cargo as cargo will have somethings that DOI can't make.

Then we get to the industrialist plumber, This plumber has a APC (Advanced plumbing constructor) the APC has not only more choices when it comes to the PC, but it also has upgraded versions of buildings, for example the advanced synthesizer, this type of synthesizer has more chems then others, and also have the recipe function. The advanced tank can hold more, The advanced reaction chamber can hold more and go up more degrees and also can somewhat stabilize certain chem's PHs. and so on.

This is where the new stuff kicks in. we have new things such as game consoles, computers (that can play ss13 in ss13 don't ask) and all sorts of things. for med they can make advanced med beds and cryo chambers. for engi advanced radiation collectors and fire alarms (these fire alarms can be set for a timer). for sci they have advanced R&D servers that can make more and store more sci points. for cargo they would get... advanced MULE and ORM's. Sec would get advanced temp guns that can set people on fire and also freeze them and hand cuffs that take longer to take off. command would get a better comms computer (with the power to vote for government … that will be in another one of my rants). of course there is more but for me it's getting late. if you want more PM me or mention it in chat in ss13. thanks and goodbye.

Part 2

Now it's morning for me so i have some more time to talk in depth about DOI. We have new ores and chems. such as tin, silicon, cobalt, iridium and much more. for chems we have, sodium, zinc, neon, helium, gallium and more. also for balance to the bluespace factory floor, you do need to power the generator, which requires some... "helpful moving" of aliens from the generator room. also due to the fact that the abandoned factory isn't near the station, anyone on it when a delta bomb goes off will be safe, but stuck.

also some new events and traitor roles, first there is the living ore event, which the alert goes like "WARNING: Sentient ore has been found in products, be careful when using devices." this means that any device made with the sentient ore will come to life allowing ghosts to also inhabit said products and ore. they also have access to the whole computer if they were built into one and can commutate via WI-FI.

which brings us into the next topic. WI-FI is the newest edition. the way Wi-Fi works is that in each room there has to be a router, said router connects to the WI-FI and if it goes out the computer cannot connect to things like cargo bus. But that's not it, it also adds more online fluff, there are now things like zoom in a sense and more chatrooms and online games such as, The night of the living ore! there is now a wiki that you can access via the Wi-Fi. also the head of the department can see the whole departments search history. it also brings what is basically eBay which allows for more, person to person trading. also a slight revamp to money, it would allow for people to donate to departments like cargo and med bay.

also cargo gets a new type of shuttle, the resource shuttle. i noticed while playing cargo everything was on low mats, but there was barely anyway to get a good amount of them without it taking forever. so the resource shuttle comes into play, this shuttle arrives faster then the supply shuttle and also can bring certain sheets of mats. say you need 200 sheets of metal in 2 minutes, the resource shuttle comes in one minute. but counter though is that times can vary depending on the system and that the prices are slightly higher then the normal shuttle.

getting back to the DOI, the industrialist can also lay down robotic arms not like borg arms but arms that can pick up items from conveyers and put them on others. and also a new type of machine, the fusioner, this machine can combine two different metals and such into one and some are fun to play with, like magnesium plastic, turning a water bottle into a bomb since 2059. this also applies to chems although you do have to choose some good mixes, like napalmic thermite, turning the station into a fireball since 2059.

also a new type of borg, the industrialist borg has a built in RFC and APC and other things, another type is the surveyor borg which has a built in ground scanner, drill and marker for easy surveying and of course the mining borg gets a upgrade to be able to mine ground deposits. and then a old type of science removed... nanites! now these ones won't be broken like last time (i wasn't even there so i con judge) they will only be used for construction but everyone wants nanites back in some form so yeah.

so golems get a slight buff by being able to eat ore to heal. also you may be thinking what about the traitor role? well here is where it comes into action. The activist, this traitor's role is to make DOI's job a little harder by sabotaging machines and borgs. they come equipped with a machine sabotage kit and get this a fancy hat. their goals change depending on what the DOI is doing but that only applies to goals that have not been finished. now about the HOI, for normal traitors they have to steal, the HOI's bluespace generator key, the key the activates to bluespace generator at the abandoned factory. Also the HOI can control when said generator is on or off.

Now lets talk about revs. this department and engi are the most dangerous departments to revolt. Why the DOI? because the DOI can make all sorts of things and also the HOI can unlock certain producible items that are... things everyone should be scared of. so if they kill the HOI they get access to the said remote that can unlock said items and then well... their unstoppable. anyway my time is wrapping up so yeah see you later.

Part 3

Im back!! yay. now we talk about a new law set, food and more. The new law set is call "induster" which goes like: Law 1: please the workers, Law 2: do not harm the workers, Law 3: make the workers work, Law 4: Kill not working workers. This makes it so that anyone not working will be killed. so a mix of asimov and oxygen is toxic.

the new foods are: Worker's delight: 1 sausage 2 eggs, Factory bread: 1 gear and 1 bread, Factory cake 5 gears and 2 cake bases, factory waffles: 3 gears, 3 pastry bases, Bluespace cake: 1 bluespace shard: 2 cake bases, silicon cookies: 2 silicon pads, pastry base, 1 gear. and much more. (note: make a google doc.)

Now we interduce the perfect worker: a new race. The perfect worker doesn't need food or air. the only thing is they have a timer where if they don't do something to help the station, they will die. new types of power sources such as the bluespace generator, biomass generator, steam engine, windmills.

Fun fact about the factory floor, it's been abandoned for so long that it has a ecosystem, it has forests, grass plains, abandoned cities (they tried to hide.) and much more! as well as more threats like the lost ones, old robots whose master no longer lives, silidogs, dogs that have been mutated to such a degree that their entire body is made of silicon. as well as many new resources such as carbidium used in advanced cooking tech, Teucrium which is used for medical and R&D purposes.

another notable biome of the abandoned factory is cookie, this biome was paved with good intentions but ended up being a place of the elders end. Cookie land was a attempt at harnessing the power of bluespace to create beings, at first it was simple just a cookie with legs, and then it got worst turning a space carp into cookie and then one of their own.in this biome you can find things like the lost cookie temples and cookium the cookie equal of uranium. with all this comes new tech like advanced ground scanners which can detect underground ruins. Cookie tele tech, which can teleport you to places in cookie land due to cookie land having weird properties. Cookie mech which can fire cookie rounds, and a upgrade to the peacekeeper where the cookie maker does not have to cool down.

you can also find different versions of cultists and heretics. the cultists here worship the cookie god who brings mayhem of cookie to all and the cookie path in heretic where you start to harness the power of cookie and your crafting thingies are: the cookie flask, when drank by you will heal but drank by others will cause them for 10 seconds turn into a cookie. all you need to make the cookie dagger is a cookie and a blade. the final to the cookie tree is: cookieize, every block you step on turns into unbaked cookie dough and anyone else to walk upon it gets slowed down.

this also comes with a new race: Cookiea, Cookiea are cookies who gained too much sentience and became something of a human, they can handle cold and no air but in the heat get turned into baked cookie and while unbaked can be killed by plashing water on them.

another thing to note is cookie weapons and borgs, for cookie weapons you have the: C-147, a short range full auto rifle, C-186, a long range pistol, C-000, a tazer that works both on humans and on Cookieas, C-187, a short range laser rifle capable of shooting cookie beams at light speed and at last C-124, a long and short range rocket launcher that can shoot large cookies and targets. then there is the cookie borg: to make the cookie borg all you need is a normal complete borg body and about 5 cookies.

Also another traitor type will be added the cookie reclaimer, it works like swarmer but different in some ways, first of all they don't consume they convert, so if you see a wall made of cookie... run... second they have to go back to the cookie lands to recharge sometimes unless they establish a cookie charge on the station, third and final if you take out all the cookie lands on the factory floor, they will cease to exist. also a new job that isn't part of DOI. the explorer, a job set around exploring space as there isn't many jobs that revolve around that type of gameplay. and you may be thinking we can't get that many players... fair point, i don't know anything about servers, all i have are good ideas for updates. so if you can get it up to 110 or 120 that would be nice, not needed but nice.
Last edited by Highway Routine on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Highway Routine

Re: New department

Post by Highway Routine » #616144

holes in the light is my ss13 name. (not the name of my character)
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: New department and dimension and well alot.

Post by datorangebottle » #616182

I think reading this gave me a permanent brain trauma IRL.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Highway Routine

Post by Highway Routine » #616187

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:54 am I think reading this gave me a permanent brain trauma IRL.
it gives more writing it. i should paragraph it.
Highway Routine

Post by Highway Routine » #616188

Done.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #616308

You need to be over 18 to post here.
Highway Routine

Post by Highway Routine » #616311

I am. what makes you think I'm not? also one thing I don't like about the UI is that comments counts as posts so it replaces the "BY ----" with "BY" then the person who made the comment which confuses me a lot because it makes me think that by post just stopped existing because I always look for my username on the right not below the post itself. also legally speaking it's 13 to COPPA.
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #616344

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:45 am You need to be over 18 to post here.
Gatekeep - You must be over 18 to post here
Gaslight - You are under 18 what are you talking about
Girlboss - Welcome to tgstation 13
I remade the beach away mission
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #616413

EuSouAFazenda wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:35 pm
Rohen_Tahir wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:45 am You need to be over 18 to post here.
Gatekeep - You must be over 18 to post here
Gaslight - You are under 18 what are you talking about
Girlboss - Welcome to tgstation 13
Gupta - TL;DR
Living God

Extraordinary Person

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #616510

Hit pause dude. Getting hit with a stream of creative conciousness that isn't being channeled maturely.
Paragraph 1: Plumbing content, sure, im not sure who is actually responsible for the plumbing rn other than mappers and atmospheric-techs/engies who like pipes but some sort of a area detached from the station as plumbing central like ai-sat with a purpose sounds fine as long as it has content that isn't immediately completable by silicon plumber-bots instead of crewmember people who will have to deal with going to transport there and back to the station (i left my plumbing tool on the pipe-sat, 'doh!')

Paragraph 2: this hurt my face to look at sorry, too incoherent even for me, parse out the ideas and if they aren't related, choose the one of better quality.

Paragraph 3: A infested space system is sort of a fun idea, there are a few closed ruins on lavaland and space that could be easily replicatable into a concept of a mini-enviromental biome; reminds me of the meet the jetsons film. I can't say im very hot for the rest of your food and perfect worker ideas because perfectness, bluespace cake already exists too.
Overall, the way you've formatted this doesn't help its readability out of what seems like your busy schedule and different ideas being added at different times of the day, i've only spent about 5 minutes max here writing out this and while i can type a lot, id probably never dedicate more than 20 minutes thinking about how i was going to present a jumble of thoughts not dissimilar to your own onto the page and trying to water it down from raw creative insanity juice to something people can partially digest.

Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #616543

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:04 pm Hit pause dude. Getting hit with a stream of creative conciousness that isn't being channeled maturely.

Overall, the way you've formatted this doesn't help its readability out of what seems like your busy schedule and different ideas being added at different times of the day, i've only spent about 5 minutes max here writing out this and while i can type a lot, id probably never dedicate more than 20 minutes thinking about how i was going to present a jumble of thoughts not dissimilar to your own onto the page and trying to water it down from raw creative insanity juice to something people can partially digest.
Fwoosh's posts have definitely been more readable as of late, so this is probably good advice.
► Show Spoiler
Highway Routine

Post by Highway Routine » #616586

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:04 pm Hit pause dude. Getting hit with a stream of creative conciousness that isn't being channeled maturely.
Paragraph 1: Plumbing content, sure, im not sure who is actually responsible for the plumbing rn other than mappers and atmospheric-techs/engies who like pipes but some sort of a area detached from the station as plumbing central like ai-sat with a purpose sounds fine as long as it has content that isn't immediately completable by silicon plumber-bots instead of crewmember people who will have to deal with going to transport there and back to the station (i left my plumbing tool on the pipe-sat, 'doh!')

Paragraph 2: this hurt my face to look at sorry, too incoherent even for me, parse out the ideas and if they aren't related, choose the one of better quality.

Paragraph 3: A infested space system is sort of a fun idea, there are a few closed ruins on lavaland and space that could be easily replicatable into a concept of a mini-enviromental biome; reminds me of the meet the jetsons film. I can't say im very hot for the rest of your food and perfect worker ideas because perfectness, bluespace cake already exists too.

ok, here's is an idea. How about I turn each part into their own post. Maybe shorten them a little, and or run them though an rewriter. then just... idk. also I'm getting rid of the ai lawsuit. i don't like it.