Good music player

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Good music player

Post by Highway Routine » #617352

Ok you know how Gmod has music players? That. that's it.. So there are two ways. have the said music player pull from a library of songs chosen by admins or possibly vote. Or have it so that all you have to do is just paste a YouTube URL but any music played that goes against rules will get you banned (Depending on the music and if you knew or not.). Here are some ideas for music players: Boombox, jukebox, radio headset via app on PDA or tablet, computer. Why? because who doesn't love music?
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Good music player

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #617364

Have you even BEEN on a gmod server with music players? Its hell.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Post by Highway Routine » #617379

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:51 pm Have you even BEEN on a gmod server with music players? Its hell.
Hell in the way that the music quality is bad? or music is spammed?
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #617380

I think it will mess with the vibe, music is a tool used by the admins to help set a mood and tell a story. Players do not have a good view of the situation to play relative songs at the right times, sometimes its fine to have general tunes going but having the silence also helps keep people from getting tired of listening to server music as well, i encourage other admins to have breaks between playing stuff so its more impactful when we do.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #617397

I'd like it if people could submit music to a playlist and each track was voted on to skip. Everybody loves music and it's not played often enough. When it is, it's usually during laggy moments where it causes more lag. If people are tired of the music they can always just stop the track or disable the feature. But don't even YouTube videos slow down the server? More music would mean more lag.
JusticeGoat wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:56 pmmusic is a tool used by the admins to help set a mood and tell a story
Or when they just want to play something. Which people like, provided the song isn't shit and the round isn't too laggy.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #617428

Music stops my hearing from eswords emags and airlock opens, it interferes with my paranoia(Also my camera sensor IRL)
Living God

Extraordinary Person