BM_STS for ss13.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

BM_STS for ss13.

Post by Highway Routine » #617757

If you have ever had the first half-life game and the mod sven coop you have heard of this.

Basically how BM_STS works is by having 2 to 4 teams go up against each other by proxy via spawning mobs. Whoever wins the most rounds well wins. The way they spawn mobs is using crystals, the teams are given four crystals and can get more. The crystals correspond to a certain mob and you can either upgrade or randomize the crystals. Upgrading makes them stronger and randomizing changes the mob.

The way this would work in ss13 is by having it be something like mafia. Ghosts can join together to play and go against each other cuz you know.

this would allow for a fun thing to do when you die since the ghost respawns are not that fun. the golem one is not bad but not good either because you can't do much. the one where you have to repair a station as a person who woke up in a cryo pod is fun for a while but because of how many hands it takes to get the thing running successfully it defeats the point. the one where you have to repair a station as a drone is very hard to do as the station is fucked on arrival.

We need more or better ghost respawns
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: BM_STS for ss13.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #617764

Is your whole gimmick that you watch martincitopants?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Post by Highway Routine » #617767

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:33 pm Is your whole gimmick that you watch martincitopants?
.... yeah...
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #617768

Highway Routine wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:47 pm
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:33 pm Is your whole gimmick that you watch martincitopants?
.... yeah...
Attachments
martin.jpg
martin.jpg (6.79 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #617836

I haven't played this so I don't know if it's fun or not but once an admin was running an 'event' in the Thunderdome where they spawned ghosts in without equipment by a Christmas tree that you could get unlimited presents from and everybody had to grab presents and try to kill each other with what they got. My understanding is that the Christmas tree can spawn any item in the game. Easily the most fun I've had as a ghost in this game and more fun than the majority of time I've spent during actual rounds. I wish that minigame would be added as a thing to do after death and that we got more minigames that are arcadey slices of the game's mechanics because they can be a lot of fun when presented properly. Mafia is shit by the way, it never fills and when it does it runs too long to ever finish before the round restarts.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Addust
Byond Username: Addust

Post by Addust » #623588

so simplemobs with faction settings used to fight by proxy
cant wait for a swarm of syndicate esword simplemobs to go fight against a series of space pirates while being supported by ancient goliaths that are hitting their comrades more than their enemies with the funni tentacle while the pirates somehow got a turret spawn and die because it used the wrong type
I play as Addust Johnson, the whiteship-addicted explorer, and the Anonymous Syndicate Rep, indirect cause of several raids.