Let's embrace the fact that ss13 is in the future

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Let's embrace the fact that ss13 is in the future

Post by Highway Routine » #617788

I know that it already does in a sense but we could use more. for example, why not have more computer-based activities? people rarely use computers besides for jobs and such.

Another example: this post I made, viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30151 and the bottom half of this wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberattack#Finance

more examples include More cybernetics, hacky wacky, Whatever the ss13 version of the FBI, The darknet, the deep web, the dark web (What's the fucking difference?), cyber heist, the ss133 version of a digital currency, uh wait we already have terrorism... fuck, dark web markets, etc.

Because when we want something done right, we do it ourselves. Nanotrasen, 2090
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Let's embrace the fact that ss13 is in the future

Post by Farquaar » #617789

I think it would be better if you focused on quality over quantity when it comes to these idea suggestions. Like, what exactly does "more cybernetics" and "more hacky wacky" even mean for the game? How would you implement it? How would it interact with existing mechanics? How would it fit into the balance of the game? How does that even relate to "embracing the future"?

People will just stop reading your posts if everything you write is a stream of consciousness with no substance.
► Show Spoiler