Cowboy A e s t h e t i c

A place to record your ideas for the game.
shelteredfreak
Byond Username: Shelteredfreak

Cowboy A e s t h e t i c

Post by shelteredfreak » #617915

I have no idea how to code so I'm pawning it off here.

The changes are simple and make no actual statistical or meta changes, they are simply visual (and auditory) changes and additions.

Change Number #1: Gives you the option to reskin (and resound) a riot shotgun into a lever action shotgun. The process is simple.

Screwdriver (remove screws on pump handle), Crowbar (pry off wood pump handle), Screwdriver (refit internals for a lever handle, EMPTY GUN BEFORE DOING THIS), Apply Iron Rods (for the actual lever), Screwdriver (secure the lever properly)

This makes the previously riot shotgun look and sound like an old western lever action, along with the pumping sound being changed to a lever cocking.

Change Number #2: (finally) Adds a cowboy coat, hat and perhaps a black turtleneck as well as a sheriff's badge (put on jumpsuit like other medals) to the detectives clothes vend. This will complete the look of a cowboy. Nothing screams western more than a lever-action-on-the-back (suit storage slot with coat), revolver-on-the-hip (or with holster if you prefer) and hat-tippin sonuva bitch.

Bonus points if you add the option to buy spurs to apply to cowboy boots to have them make clinking noises as you walk. DOUBLE BONUS POINTS if you add alt coat and hat skins which match the cowboy boot options from the clothvend in dorms.

Change Number #3: Now I know I said no statistical changes, but I promise this one isn't that big. It's simple. Removes the spinning of guns upon reloading with a holster, instead remaps the spinning of a gun to ctrl-click. I have no intention to restrict this to with just a holster, but if you want to restrict it, that's fine.

I don't know if anyone will actually notice this idea and execute it fully, but it would be amazing to have more cowboy like detectives instead of the same ol' noir detective.

Cheers to anyone who can follow this through better than I put it into word.
Dan Ross by default, Pogchamper as Mime, Not Funny as Clown, Benign as AI/Borg
Stuff here
Spoiler:
Ignoring the most brutal murder happening right next to me just so I can live to see another day
Trying to make everyone more happy by hugging, sculpting, taking pictures of, drawing stuff of crewmembers
ONLY THE MOST ROBUST USE PACIFIST TRAIT
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Cowboy A e s t h e t i c

Post by wesoda25 » #617921

Cowboy hat is so fucking due
[this space reserved]
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #617922

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:38 pm Cowboy hat is so fucking due
Yeah I gotta agree with this cowboy hat is over due by a long shot.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

shelteredfreak
Byond Username: Shelteredfreak

Post by shelteredfreak » #617923

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:38 pm Cowboy hat is so fucking due
how long have cowboy boots been in the game, but no cowboy hat to match it. Checkmate, coders.
Dan Ross by default, Pogchamper as Mime, Not Funny as Clown, Benign as AI/Borg
Stuff here
Spoiler:
Ignoring the most brutal murder happening right next to me just so I can live to see another day
Trying to make everyone more happy by hugging, sculpting, taking pictures of, drawing stuff of crewmembers
ONLY THE MOST ROBUST USE PACIFIST TRAIT
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #618051

Steampunk Cowboy, Ghost Cowboy, Historical Cowboy, Sci Fi Cowboy, Anime Cowboy, Salvador Dali Cowboy, Ram Ranch Cowboy, Beebop Cowboy, Alt History Cowboy, Christmas Cowboy, Literal Cowboy.

Too many cowboys, who will be the cowboy to rule them all.

Also i can't add a historical heroes cowboy role until oranges gives me my repo-access back, i always intended for librarians to trot around the station on a pommelhorse with wheels and a cloth head.

Spoiler: