Make the syndicate lavaland base self destruct require 4 different agent IDs to be used on it

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Addust
Byond Username: Addust

Make the syndicate lavaland base self destruct require 4 different agent IDs to be used on it

Post by Addust » #618309

Should prevent non-consensual detonations of the bomb, which are very much a problem among syndicate lavaland players. Even with traderoute agent IDs you'd only have half the auth and 2 extra uplink IDs would be 4 TC.

Overall this should improve the base as people no longer start SAW games with the bomb.
I play as Addust Johnson, the whiteship-addicted explorer, and the Anonymous Syndicate Rep, indirect cause of several raids.

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Make the syndicate lavaland base self destruct require 4 different agent IDs to be used on it

Post by datorangebottle » #618315

Addust wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:54 pm Should prevent non-consensual detonations of the bomb, which are very much a problem among syndicate lavaland players. Even with traderoute agent IDs you'd only have half the auth and 2 extra uplink IDs would be 4 TC.

Overall this should improve the base as people no longer start SAW games with the bomb.
I feel like this is a neat idea but it should not require four IDs to be swiped. Two is fine. Most of the time, that's a majority.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Make the syndicate lavaland base self destruct require 4 different agent IDs to be used on it

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #618327

Setting off the base is a bwoinkable offence anyway, as well as a expected first action if there's a breach.

Spoiler:
Addust

Post by Addust » #622383

So, it's ideally 2 IDs. Alright.

And it should also monitor if the syndie lavaland agents are alive, if 3 are dead, then 1 ID should be enough, but if only 1 is dead, bring out those 2 agent cards or you aren't going boom.
I play as Addust Johnson, the whiteship-addicted explorer, and the Anonymous Syndicate Rep, indirect cause of several raids.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #622401

Sounds like a player issue. Blowing up the syndicate base for no reason would probably cop you a ghostrole ban at a minimum.

In principle, self-destruct is something you do when you're about to die to some plucky miner and you want to keep them from scoring any loot. If you have three living buddies ready to help you defend, you should probably try defending. If your three buddies are dead and the invader is coming for you, you probably won't have time to collect their IDs from their fried corpses. It'd basically make self-destruct pointless for everyone except invading miners.
► Show Spoiler
Addust

Post by Addust » #623587

Farquaar wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:16 am Sounds like a player issue. Blowing up the syndicate base for no reason would probably cop you a ghostrole ban at a minimum.

In principle, self-destruct is something you do when you're about to die to some plucky miner and you want to keep them from scoring any loot. If you have three living buddies ready to help you defend, you should probably try defending. If your three buddies are dead and the invader is coming for you, you probably won't have time to collect their IDs from their fried corpses. It'd basically make self-destruct pointless for everyone except invading miners.
suit sensors, syndicate lavaland edition:
syndie lavaland employees get a special version of the syndie jumpsuit which has syndie suit sensors
syndie employee dies = one less card

Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #623724

Put the self destruct device in the center of the base, rather than one wall off a lava lake that any half brained miner can cross. Three hides, a few bones, and a plasma cutter, and BOOM, syndie base is no more, often without the inhabitants knowing they are getting blown the fuck up.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #623726

It also would make the bomb more effective. Most the time the bomb doesn't even hit the left side of the base because its too far. If the bomb is in the center then that wouldn't be a problem