Spoof Implant (Syndicate Item Concept)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Spoof Implant (Syndicate Item Concept)

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #618345

The Spoof Implant is a new syndie item available to traitors. In short, it sends out false data that HUDs (and potentially other electronic items) pick up.
Used to disguise your health to medical HUDs, the ID on your card to sec HUDs, and most valuable of all your mindshield status. It is made to complement items like the chameleon kit and agent ID, perfect for impersonators. You could change the signals you are spoofing on the go with a hud action button.

The Idea of fake mindshield implants gets thrown around a lot so I decided to take a crack at it. Here is my (grossly) rough UI makeup I made in MS paint.
spoof OS.png
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Re: Spoof Implant (Syndicate Item Concept)

Post by Valorium » #618430

Looks really neat!
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #618489

Might actually be pretty good for stealth.
A viro that can show it has the same death virus as the others might live a bit longer than a normal one

Im not sure about the fake mindshield, since that one will interfere with revs, and if a traitor gets rev'd they will for sure get those implants to make himself look innocent and/or give headrev one for an easy win
(maybe let the implant malfunction as a rev?)
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #618529

Ryusenshu wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:08 am Im not sure about the fake mindshield, since that one will interfere with revs, and if a traitor gets rev'd they will for sure get those implants to make himself look innocent and/or give headrev one for an easy win
(maybe let the implant malfunction as a rev?)
Balance concerns are a thing, but I don't want it to feel arbitrary. If it does malfunction for rev I want to do it in a cool and interesting way rather than just making it useless. Maybe it could spaz out huds or something, or do something like an EMPed chameleon kit.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #618540

You know, here's a thought:

The Agent ID was kind of hurt by the loss of full access theft and it can be really hard to actually wirelessly steal the access you want before someone just walks away, buuuut

How do people feel about this being an upgrade to the Agent ID's spoofing instead of a standalone item?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #618550

Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:23 pm How do people feel about this being an upgrade to the Agent ID's spoofing instead of a standalone item?
Are you suggesting that the agent ID gets these features or that you get the implant alongside the ID?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #618599

I was thinking of the ID getting the features, but having them come together wouldn't be bad, either. I think it would make a nice upgrade to a chronically low-value item.

If it ends up being added and being a separate thing, I WOULD advocate strongly that it be added to every Syndie Bundle that contains an Agent ID.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #618619

Great idea, won't know how many times I got fucked due to sechud(DO THIS SHIT!)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #618803

I really like this and think it could come with either the Agent ID or the Chameleon Kit(in place of the fucking useless stamp).
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year