Security Items Overhaul/re-balance Ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bluere
Byond Username: Bluere100

Security Items Overhaul/re-balance Ideas

Post by Bluere » #619468

Good day everyone, I opened this topic in order to present my ideas on a possible security items change, also sorry if I fucked up with the grammar but English is not my first language.

First of all why am I making this topic, I noticed that a lot of people in game and outside of the game are dissatisfied on how security deals with fights, that usually goes like “security see bag guy, security hit the bad guy with baton once, bad guy is stunned, security arrest / kill the bad guy”.

My proposal is to remove almost all of the instantaneous paralyze effects and a nerf to some of the most used items and a rework to encourage the use of other, less useful items so that security will have to think on what to do and what tools to use, and the bad guys will have a little more breathing room in a fight against security.

Furthermore I have the belief that a fight against security should be considered in tiers:
• Tier 1, a normal crew member (no protection or weapon) against a security officer, the security officer should win 99% of the times;
• Tier 2, a somewhat prepared crew member (moderate protection and some kind of improvised weapon) against a security officer, The security officer should win 90% of the times;
• Tier 3, a prepared crew member (Good protection and good weapon) against a security officer, security should win 50% of the times:
• Tier 4, an Antagonist looking to fight the world against a security officer, security should win 30% of the times.

What this tier list means is that against an unprepared crew member or someone that took some basic protection and little to no weapons the security team should not have problems in fighting and detaining them, on the other hand if the crew member in question prepare themselves for the fight or are an antagonist they should have a higher chance to prevail against security.

I am open to feedback and ideas if my proposal does not sound balanced to you all, and in order to learn and get better ideas you are all encouraged to propose changes to the base game kit or my changes.

Note, if something is in Brackets it means that I am not sure about the change, if it has a Bar it means that I am undecided on which is better for the gameplay and would like your feedback.

Lets get started with a mechanic change that should affect not only the security team, but everyone on the station, a change in the stamina system.

New stamina system mechanic:
► Show Spoiler
ImageStun Batons:
► Show Spoiler
ImageTelescopic Baton/Police Baton:
► Show Spoiler
ImageStun Prod/(Stun Arm):
► Show Spoiler
ImageFlash:
► Show Spoiler
ImageDisabler:
► Show Spoiler
ImageFlashbangs:
► Show Spoiler
ImagePepperspray:
► Show Spoiler
ImageEnergy Bola:
► Show Spoiler
ImageDRAGnet:
► Show Spoiler
ImageEnergy gun:
► Show Spoiler
ImageLaser Gun:
► Show Spoiler
ImageShotguns:
► Show Spoiler
ImageTackling Gloves:
► Show Spoiler
ImageAutorifle:
• No Idea, accepting suggestions.

And that is all, this is what my mind was capable of coming up with, tell me what do you think and your feedback, if its horrible and I should never try something like this ever again, if its OK, or anything really.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: Security Items Overhaul/re-balance Ideas

Post by Helios » #619474

No thoughts on the Detective's revolver?
Bluere
Byond Username: Bluere100

Post by Bluere » #619477

Helios wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:12 pm No thoughts on the Detective's revolver?
I will be honest, I do not play detective, and I never goten shot by the detective, so I do not know how it sits in terms of power, looking at the wiki page it deals more damage than the other security guns, and I know that you can modify it to become a .357 revolver, but like I said I never seen it in action, and I do not recall a lot of people calling for changes about the revolver, do you have a suggestion?
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #619516

Stamina damage regening over time is the coolest thing current TG doesn't have. Anything that adds it is badass.
That being said, I have attempted it before and we have ALOT of shit designed around the fact that stamina all comes back at once. If you need help finding what code to look for I could help you out.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #619519

Bluere wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:47 pm
• Increase the charge to 25 energy;
• Reduce burn damage to 10 from 20;
• Make laser Hit-scan.
Hitscan sucks bad to use and to fight against. It doesn't have a place outside of emitters in my heart.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later