Resurrection Changes (including cloning but it has nothing to do with old cloning.)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Resurrection Changes (including cloning but it has nothing to do with old cloning.)

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #620620

Quick preface: Old cloning sucks and should never be brought back. I am 100% against it and I make no point to advocate for it.

Quick glossary quoting the wiki:
Unique Enzymes (UE) = Your name. Even if you mutate the UE it will have no effect on the name. What you can do however, is to transfer UE from one person to another, copying their name.

Unique Identifiers
Unique Identifiers (UI) = Your cosmetic details - eye color, skin color, hair style, hair color and gender.

Here are the major changes I had in mind:
- Bring back a hard limit to when you can resurrect someone with a defib. It could be a strict timer attached to the body or perhaps something more complex and attached to the heart. Leave resurrection surgery unchanged. I would call this timer decay.
- Brains (and heads by extension) are now only compatible with bodies that share their same unique enzymes genetics. You can't put a brain in a new body and have it magically work unless you change that body's unique enzymes to match the brain (possible currently with genetics) or change the brain's Unique enzymes to match the body.
- (optional) move genetics back into medbay.
- You can copy a brain's Unique Enzymes and unique identifiers directly from the brain (ideally without making a new tool that's sole purpose is doing that).
- Add a machine that can grow lifeless bodies given unique enzymes and unique identifiers input, basically a pod cloner.
- (optional) this machine might require synthflesh or something but I'm not too hyped about that idea because it sounds like a real pain in the ass.
- (optional) these clones are sub-human in some regard, they have some sort of unfixable disorder.
- a brain in a body has its unique identifies changed alongside the body if the body is changed.

Heres what the envisioned order of operations for a medical doctor with a dead body looks like
-> Do we have the brain? If not there is nothing medbay can do.
-> Is the body past the time in which it can be defibed? if not, repair and defib as normal. If so move on.
-> Do we have the capability to do resurrection surgery? Do so if the body is not in such bad shape that it is practically unrepeatable.

From here we have two major options.
Monkey Method
-> scan the body with the gene console, copy unique enzymes (as well as identifiers if you want them to look the same, which you probably do)
-> implant these enzymes and identifiers on a humanized monkey via gene console.
-> implant the brain into the tailor-modified monkey.
-> resurrect via defib, or other methods.

New Clone method
-> take the UE the brain or body, as well as any copy of UI (probably from the body or brain as well, but hey get creative)
-> input your UE and UI into the clone machine (name pending)
-> Wait until the cloner pops out a new copy of the body.
-> Quickly get the clone on a stasis bed and swap out its surrogate brain.
-> resurrect via defib, or other methods.

This idea has a lot of handwaving and requires some polish but I belive it is a good basis. Also, this will probably be unpopular because it appears to make medbay even more difficult.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Resurrection Changes (including cloning but it has nothing to do with old cloning.)

Post by Pandarsenic » #620627

For downsides that make a large difference to people who want to come back and validhunt (while being significantly less worrisome, but still meaningful, to those who just want to vibe and repair wires or do surgery)

Perhaps some combination of...
- recover stamina more slowly
- gain hunger more quickly
- temporary negative moodlet for sleeve dysphoria
- reduced max organ health if that can be a thing?

That sort of thing?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Resurrection Changes (including cloning but it has nothing to do with old cloning.)

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #620629

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:49 am - reduced max organ health if that can be a thing?

That sort of thing?
we can have you already have organ damage instead, I dunno about reduced max organ health.
Living God

Extraordinary Person