Looking for Objective Suggestions for Traitor Rework

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Looking for Objective Suggestions for Traitor Rework

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622317

Bottom post of the previous page:

Take a photo of X's dead body |Medium TC| Low progression

Some nobody from [RANDOM FARAWAY PLACE] offered us a lot of [REWARD] for crewmember X to be assassinated. We would like to get our payment, but we don't really care about the end results. All we need is a picture of a dead body that is somewhat identifiable as (X). It doesn't have to be their actual dead body, and they don't have to stay dead. But hey, don't let us stop you from overachieving.

(Tons of ways you could do this, you could steal their ID and put it on a morgue body with its face covered or perhaps bribe the hos for an ID with their name on it. You could use genetics to make a copy of their body from a monkey, take a photo of them in medical after they died from some unrelated cases, Or you could just straight up kill em without having to worry about body disposal if you like.)
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #622320

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:26 am Take a photo of X's dead body |Medium TC| Low progression

Some nobody from [RANDOM FARAWAY PLACE] offered us a lot of [REWARD] for crewmember X to be assassinated. We would like to get our payment, but we don't really care about the end results. All we need is a picture of a dead body that is somewhat identifiable as (X). It doesn't have to be their actual dead body, and they don't have to stay dead. But hey, don't let us stop you from overachieving.

(Tons of ways you could do this, you could steal their ID and put it on a morgue body with its face covered or perhaps bribe the hos for an ID with their name on it. You could use genetics to make a copy of their body from a monkey, take a photo of them in medical after they died from some unrelated cases, Or you could just straight up kill em without having to worry about body disposal if you like.)
The perfect assassin: Crew Approved

It'd be a fun traitor round to just BS the syndicate the entire time that you've done your objectives when in actuality your not doing squat traitorous.
► Show Spoiler
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Post by Waltermeldron » #622341

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:57 am I think it would be sick to take every high-risk item and turn them into a unique objective.
already a thing

By UNIQUE I mean that they only appear once as an objective for a traitor. They don't have their own special objective for each one because that would be hell to code.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #622349

Give the clown a swirly.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622356

Waltermeldron wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:18 am already a thing

By UNIQUE I mean that they only appear once as an objective for a traitor. They don't have their own special objective for each one because that would be hell to code.
How would it be harder to code than any other objective? You would just have to dismantle the catch-all objective for high-risk items and add the other ones. It's something we can work on over a period of time, it doesn't have to be on release. This is part of my crusade against all non-admin spawned pods.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #622360

Burn some plant matter | No TC or low TC| 30 minutes in | Moderate progression
Cannot start while outside the station
Mr [name], as you may know, mutated cabbage can be used to grow plant-person replicas of deceased people from blood samples. Well, as you may not know, today the experimental weapons division of [REDACTED] discovered that left unattended for long enough, those cabbages may become sentient and leave their pods by themselves. Another interesting thing we discovered today was that a horde of angry plant-people armed with the contents of a standard type-[random number or greek letter] Cybersun armory can kill [random number] scientists, [random number] technicians and [random number] drunk guards in as little as two hours, twenty three minutes, five seconds. We need to reduce their numbers a little before sending in a team to reclaim [REDACTED]. One of them has your DNA, so, thanks to matching bluespace entanglement phases, we can easily teleport him to your location remotely and cheaply using a phasal tri-alligner. Do note that the abomination is armed and dangerous, has the same face as you, and will likely try to kill you. To eliminate the risk of entanglement rebound, the plant will be sent to a random part of the station. The transfer will occur as soon as you accept this mission, and your objective is to destroy the body of the plant-person as soon as possible. You can keep anything you find on it's person.
(The plant-person spawns with a traitor weapon and one or two other random low-cost Syndicate items. This is why the TC reward is low. Podman gets an objective to kill you and maybe the ability to sense your location.)
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Post by Waltermeldron » #622362

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:17 pm How would it be harder to code than any other objective? You would just have to dismantle the catch-all objective for high-risk items and add the other ones. It's something we can work on over a period of time, it doesn't have to be on release. This is part of my crusade against all non-admin spawned pods.
if you want to code it be my guest
Addust
Byond Username: Addust

Post by Addust » #622384

Shadowflame909 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:57 pm Hijack the Teleporters Bluespace Systems for Shocktrooper Infiltration This can be a final objective. You'd go to the teleporter room and flash a dongle/disk/multitool at it. This would start a progress bar, and once filled it would activate the Portal Storm event and explode the teleporter. Probably on the level of using a c4 on it, nothing too dangerous. Although it wouldn't be as destructive or even dangerous as romerol or nuclear explosions for a final event. It would still greatly increase game paranoia and sense of emergency as syndicate npc's start coming from green tesla orbs to slap attack the unrobust and ungeared crewmembers.

edit: It'd be loud and theatrical too! That's definitely a good sign for a final event.
Maybe also make it a bit stronger than the random version
I play as Addust Johnson, the whiteship-addicted explorer, and the Anonymous Syndicate Rep, indirect cause of several raids.

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #622385

The event is super refactored now that the admins can manually use it and replace the mobs that come out of it with any mob they want

Just have it replace the tacticool syndies who punch people, with the space syndicate stormtroopers from the destroyed ship ruin. In the fake nukie outfits with the fake-eswords. Should be challenging enough for a final event.
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622388

Waltermeldron wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:31 pm if you want to code it be my guest
Thanks for your blessing :ugeek:
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Post by Tearling » #622573

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:26 am Take a photo of X's dead body |Medium TC| Low progression

I like the idea of this. If you want to go full syndicate bounty hunter, how about...

Capture X | Medium TC | Low Progression

Escape on an escape pod with X. We (The syndicate) will pick them up later. Ensure they don't escape on the shuttle, ensure that they're alive, and ensure they aren't marooned.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #623095

Does this system ditch traitor flavor like corporate climber and champion of evil? or will they be different in some way.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #623099

Personally, I like when completing the objectives results in a secondary benefit to the traitor, such as stealing hand tele or captain's antique. There is plenty of ways to add objectives that provide their own incentives to complete them with this system.

Trigger False Alarm | 15-45 minutes in | Low TC | Medium Progression
Deception is key to a successful agent's work. A clever agent can use Nanotransen's threat detection system against them, inciting panic and paranoia. Agent must alt click on a communication console to begin hacking it. (Similar to a ninja calling for reinforcements). This will trigger a false announcement for X threat. (Preferably high impact threats such as blob, xenos/spiders, swarmers, or radiation storms.

This objective would be a useful pit stop as a traitor moves from other, more impactful objectives, and may provide new opportunities for them as the false alarm causes people to sweep maint, open armory, or do one of the many panic reactions common to these threats being announced. False warops would also be hilarious but that may be a bit too impactful.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #623120

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:22 pm Does this system ditch traitor flavor like corporate climber and champion of evil? or will they be different in some way.
Unfortunately I may remove non syndicate organizations temporarily until I can figure that conundrum out
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623185

Stick up ____ crewmember

Using our rarely used steady aiming system. The syndicate have given you an analyzer device in the shape of a practice laser gun. You need to hold up this crewmember until your aim fully steadies so that this analyzer can detect fear samples off of the crewmember. It cannot shoot, and the objective fails if the device is destroyed.

It's kind of revealing, and can get you valided unless the crew randomly starts holding people up with practice laser guns. So maybe medium progression, 1 tc?
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #623304

Alright I wasn't going to suggest anything but those "bug [area]" objectives are really boring so here goes

Create Freak Of Nature
or "abductor as a side-gig"
Interdyne is looking for volunteers to receive experimental replacement organs and limbs. There aren't many takers, though, and so they are asking syndicate operatives to volunteer their co-workers.
Upon taking the objective, traitors are given an experimental organ, and nothing else. If they're not a doctor they can use ghetto surgery, all the tools they need are found in a toolbox.
These experimental organs are either crippling to their implantee, or a danger to the crew around them. Lungs that inhale N2 and exhale plasma, peglegs which fall apart *real* easily, tongues which give their holder the "foreigner" quirk, an appendix which jams radios, laser gun arms which fire randomly, ears which cant hear non-humans, hearts which require frequent and increasing payments to beat ect.
Maybe have the objective complete after the hole in their stomach is sealed up, so you dont see tots putting the organ in then ripping it out. Oh yea, the organ needs to be in a living crewmen at some point, no monkey business.
IDK what stage of progression it should be
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623449

Low progression, Low TC. Put *insert borg* in a logic paradox
Upon activating the objective and pressing the button, the syndicate will give you a piece of paper. If you read what is on it to the borg you need to logic paradox. They will be flashed/emp'd and temporarily disabled. Completing the objective. Try not to be seen so you don't get valided though.

Funny sci-fi reference if you ignore that borgs are just human brains in robot shells.

edit: This is where I got the idea from. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LogicBomb
► Show Spoiler
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #624972

Experimental weapon testing

medium tc/ progression

the syndicate needs to field test some highly dangerous and experimental weaponry, inflict (number of damage/deaths) with the weapon, the weapon in question will self destruction once finished

possible weapon ideas:
triple/quadruple energy sword
heat seeking explosive ninja stars
acid sprayer
1000 degree knife
Gamma bow, an energy crossbow that has more killing power at the cost of stamina and knockdown, 45 toxin per shot, 25 second reload
electric smoke grenade
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #626605

Alternative steal item objective
Attach a GPS to X and then throw it into space, we will pick it up later.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #626627

Thanks again everyone for the ideas. Even though Progtraitors is merged and live, they won't go to waste. Lots of potential for adding new objectives, and certainly many of these will be at some point.
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:42 pm Alternative steal item objective
Attach a GPS to X and then throw it into space, we will pick it up later.
This specifically is a really good idea
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.