How to fix Revs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

How to fix Revs

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #624521

These are my main issues with revs coming from an RD main and how to fix them.

1. Revs has 0 limitations on conversion
-To fix this I would add a charge based cooldown system for the flash with 3 charges and a 15-30 second cooldown per charge. This would mean head revs would have to be a lot more careful on where they convert and make sure its not in front of 3+ people. This would slow them down so they do not have 50% of the station converted 10mins into the shift. This would also give security more time to react to revs instead of heads just getting killed out of no where before they have a chance to do anything.

2. Revs have the advantage from the start
Revs have everything going in favor for them from the start and the only thing they may lack are numbers but they can mass convert within 15mins. While the heads is limited in the amount of mindshields they can order and the speed they come in and to mindshield someone a seccie/head needs to risk their life or pray to god they aren't in the middle of all the revs to deconvert. What I would do to fix this is make it once the first rev is deconverted half the cooldown on ordering mindshields from the sec cargo console to allow order more mindshields which would give less limitations such as money and time. Also allow them to order a sechud care package which will give sec more sechuds to give to heads to allow them to see whos mindshielded and whos not which is a 1 time use which will trigger no cooldown.

3. As a lone survivor your only option is to hide
As a lone survivor your only option is to hide or you will just be double stunned and killed in a matter of minutes. What I think should happen once you are the last head is that you are given a buff that gives you immunity to most stuns and a damage reduction of 10-20% which will promote you to keep fighting and will allow you to put up more of a fight against a large group.

4. Once one side is dead the shuttle is called
Revs just destroy the order of things and leaves no one in charge. I do not see a way to fix this other than just automaticly making the round end once one side is dead. If this is added I would make it so no other antags spawn that round as getting antag during a rev and having it be cut short because of it feels pretty bad man.

I understand that there is a good majority of people who like revs and who wouldn't it is pretty much a free antag token but it as a head revs just feels like a gang banging simulator right now and am at the point where if am the RD during a rev shift I just go to lavaland asap because I do not find it fun to fight off 10 different assistants at once and I can't even take the first shot because if I make a bad call, well I will be going on a 1 day vacation atleast. Revs feel pretty artificial where atleast a riot has a clear problem they are trying to solve but revs just feels like a mindless blood bath where I can be killed by anyone at at time and personally I wouldn't mind its removal but I am willing to see possible changes to the gamemode to help solve these issues as well as artificial nature of it. In the past I suggested rotating gangs into the antag pool to replace revs but I think that should be tested first as I do not have a lot of experience with gangs beyond thinking it might be better than the current option.

Also how the fuck is anyone suppose to fight his. This way on like a 30 pop shift at like 3am.
revs.PNG
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: How to fix Revs

Post by Shadowflame909 » #624522

Revs convert with flashes. Heads convert with mind shields.
► Show Spoiler
Likteer
Byond Username: Likteer

Post by Likteer » #624549

Bez tytułu.png
Bez tytułu.png (9.24 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
RandumbPhantomb
Byond Username: Randumb Phantomb

Post by RandumbPhantomb » #708762

gimmick where revs restrain all the heads of staff, then once they have their full collection, they get to take them to the courtroom and have one big roleplay opportunity where there's a trial for the heads of staff.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #708819

Shadowflame909 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:39 am Revs convert with flashes. Heads convert with mind shields.
CMO here, dont have access to mind shields, can maybe order them on the sec console, can't open em. Cant even move around brig beyond the entrance. Revs kinda sucks for heads if you're not a combat centric toon / hos / cap.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #708820

RandumbPhantomb wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:21 am gimmick where revs restrain all the heads of staff, then once they have their full collection, they get to take them to the courtroom and have one big roleplay opportunity where there's a trial for the heads of staff.
Also fun little known fact, there's a box of implants usually in the gateway room - "Exile implants" - they prevent returning to the station through the gateway.