incentives to do toxins

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Longestarmlonglaw
Byond Username: Longestarmlonglaw

incentives to do toxins

Post by Longestarmlonglaw » #624969

Right now toxins is a mess, there is almost no incentive to do the weapon tech experiments unless you plan to break into sec to get guns, anomaly cores are pretty mediocre, we need to add more anomaly based equipment, and HEAVILY buff said equipment, the only use for toxins I see on lrp is the wormhole projector for tiding, the bag of holding for stealing the armory, or the bombs/blast cannon for mass destruction.

would be great if we brainstormed ideas to add content to toxins, that aren't just doing it for tech unlocks or anomaly cores or Mass destruction
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: incentives to do toxins

Post by Shadowflame909 » #624973

If someone made a video of them doing toxins on all the in rotation maps I'd do it

its how I make those fermichemicals
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #624974

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:22 am If someone made a video of them doing toxins on all the in rotation maps I'd do it

its how I make those fermichemicals
The important part is
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #624983

It also gives you a ton of credits that you can't really even use, which sort of sucks actually
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #625074

The guy who did the toxins experiment should get a 10% cut because who doesn't want 5000 cr the vast majority of which you probably have nothing to spend on
serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #626611

Longestarmlonglaw wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:51 am there is almost no incentive to do the weapon tech experiments unless you plan to break into sec to get guns
did you forget about the like 5 mechas that can be made with them? including the attachments for them? those are extremely worth it, its why i almost always do toxins.

and also, i wish toxins actually gave research points again, instead of credits that are completely worthless.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626726

One problem is all the coolest loot (Phazon, Bag of Holding, etc.) comes from one core type (Bluespace)

I'm not actually sure if Pyro Cores can be used for anything except reactive armor?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo