Potential Xeno Rebalance

A place to record your ideas for the game.
The_Silver_Nuke
Byond Username: The_Silver_Nuke

Potential Xeno Rebalance

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #626104

I've been playing around with some ideas for how a xeno rebalance might look. I'm not totally set on reworking it completely, but some minor tweaks would be cool. This is what I've come up with:

*Required*

-Neurotoxin spit applies acid debuff with ticking stamina loss until resisted/wears off
-Tackle does stamina damage
-Hunters get extra health
-Slow down hunters
-Speed up queen/prae
-Cheaper cost for acid
-Xeno airlocks
-Huggers cant be thrown

*Optional*

-No vent crawl with huggers
-Huggers move towards viable targets
-Queen can deal more damage/new abilities
-Hunter ability to orient in space
-Xenos able to move freely in disposals?
-Xeno type based on host species type

What would you add to the list?
The_Silver_Nuke

Re: Potential Xeno Rebalance

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #626107

Apparently Discord really liked the idea of different xeno types based on species, because according to Aliens lore they did create different types based on their host after all. Originally I was just thinking Sentient vs Non-Sentient but then I came up with this list:

Humans = Hunters/Tanks (Standard with high health and damage resist)
Monkey = Gremlins/Infiltrators (Vent crawl ability due to small stature/low health)
Lizards = Sentinels/Ranged (Due to firebreathing nature)
Moths = Fliers (Name WIP)/Flight Ability (Due to inheriting the wings)
Felinids = Brawler/Wounding (Inflicts lacerations due to inheriting fangs and claws)
Plasmamen = Boilers/Support (Able to spew vision obscuring smoke and cool temperatures in a room)
Ethereals = Shockers (Name WIP)/Electrifies (Able to eat power from the grid and charge shock and/or EMP abilities)

Drones should be available to all types since we'd want a base foundation for the hive and backups for the queen.
Last edited by The_Silver_Nuke on Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #626153

This all sounds cool, and it seems like a fun idea
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

serxule
Byond Username: Serxule

Post by serxule » #626610

The_Silver_Nuke wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:17 am Apparently Discord really liked the idea of different xeno types based on species, because according to Aliens lore they did create different types based on their host after all.
imo, as cool as it sounds, it sounds like a bad idea, considering the fact that xenos main source of, well, xenos, is monkeys, and then theyd have to rely on players picking specific races to actually do good, and with most of the crew being human, ehhhhh. (also i dont think plasmamen can even be hugged)
The_Silver_Nuke

Post by The_Silver_Nuke » #626629

Yeah, I actually wonder what the stats are for crew demographics. I want to say that every other person is nonhuman, but I might be off about that. Ultimately it might end up looking like 50-50 hunters to the other castes. As far as monkeys are concerned it's primarily the source of xenos early on which means that xenos would be made up mainly of monkey-types early in the infection which would make them easier to eliminate. Later on though as they infected the crew they would grow stronger and stronger.

Additionally Plasmamen can be infected but there's the whole issue of them catching fire when their helmets are removed, which means either they stay hard to infect but with large payoffs to the caste they host OR make their helmets able to be infected through by huggers but with minimal strengths for their caste.

In the end the whole castes system is an optional feature that I was just having fun toying around with so I mainly want to focus on realistic goals like what we can do to make it more enjoyable as a midround.